First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-11 11:27:51
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
That gets asked every month, need to seriously start every new ambuscade thread explaining that Battlemod hasn't been updated.

No one would read it even if I did lol.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-11 11:29:43
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
That gets asked every month, need to seriously start every new ambuscade thread explaining that Battlemod hasn't been updated.

Eiryl:

No one would read it even if I did lol.

*** page without context champion. I'm on my phone in not going back and quoting you lol

(you owe me)
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-10-11 12:33:38
Link | Citer | R

the tp moves from last month are being used still. i've updated the react:
[+]
By kinkanat 2022-10-11 18:22:57
Link | Citer | R

We are trying the Pets strategy, do you know which boxes Pup has to use to be able to kill Skathi alone?

I use the Ranger 1 set from the Toy Theater: An Automaton Attachments Guide but I think it costs me too much to lower his life using 1 light and 2 fire lights.

I also use the Bone Crusher 2 set but with the craft h2h NQ.
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2022-10-11 20:59:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
'Raqs Baladi Dance' is now 'Raqs Baladi'. For your records :)

I _think_ 'Blight Dance' is now 'Venomous Dance'.

There's a 'Venomous Dance' at least and it does petrify unless you turn.

EDIT: Skathi is the one doing it
 Bahamut.Punishment
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Punishment 2022-10-12 10:21:54
Link | Citer | R

Trying to figure out the strategy for this. Seems like you gotta kill all 3 pretty close to each other or the adds go mad or just respawn. If you get 3 competent melee to hold a mob each and try to coordinate killing them all at the same time while turning to avoid petrify/charm, seems like that would work at least for N and lower. Just have to spread out a bit but still be in range of healing. It's impossible to do this with trusts because they just get poisoned and die within the first 2 mins. Am I missing anything? Am I overcomplicating this? lol
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-10-12 11:11:20
Link | Citer | R

I don't know what you're referring to when it comes to "go mad or respawn." I've never had an add respawn and the only madness to speak of is them using a lot of TP moves (possibly regain, but not unmanageable) or having random hate if you screw up the mechanic and they get their blue aura.

I'd suggest reading the BG wiki page in full, it's pretty clear about what to do/not to do. This ambu is all about turning for the correct moves and not turning when you need to not turn.

It can be tricky when 3 of them are up to keep them all facing the tank and keep the tank facing the right direction, but that's crucial.

We beat the fight 7 or 8 times the other day and every time we killed each mob one at a time from 100 -> 0, never killed them even remotely close to each other.
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-12 11:19:24
Link | Citer | R

Are you killing the adds before Freya? That would probably be not-a-good-idea.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-10-12 13:16:37
Link | Citer | R

If he's complaining about the adds respawning, we know what he's doing wrong.
By ksoze 2022-10-12 13:47:56
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Looks fun although his font is all messed up
 Bahamut.Punishment
By Bahamut.Punishment 2022-10-12 16:05:15
Link | Citer | R

Well I figured out the adds respawn after the first run. I hadn't done this Ambu before now. No need to be rude.

Got some runs in on N, MNK/WAR/DRK/BRD/WHM/COR. Each melee grabs an add, I was on MNK and held the boss, the other 2 get their adds low but don't kill them before the Freyja dies. After it dies, we kill the Frigga, then the Skadi. They really don't hit that hard, so a DD in a DT- set can hold them, just need to be careful about the 25% marks on the Freyja so you don't send an eagle eye shot while anyone is low. Spread out a bit to avoid moves overlapping but still stay in range of healing. And everyones spinning to win to avoid charm and petrify. Ends up being a 5-6 minute run. Gonna try to get some of my stronger melee friends to join later and see if it works on D. Imagine I might need a tank for D.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-12 16:09:03
Link | Citer | R

Shouldn't need an actual tank at all, N D and VD damage wise really don't change much (with 50dt), EES is stronger though of course.

Although of course pld heals are nice too now.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Serveur: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-10-13 09:54:50
Link | Citer | R

For what its worth the pup OD strategy still works on VD: PUP PUP PUP PUP COR <anything>
Each pup with ranger tank setup.

2 Pups on Freya to make sure it dies first, and the other 2 pup on the other 2 adds respectively each pup takes their mob to a different corner.

I tried with only 3 PUPs but sometimes one of the adds die before Freya during OD - so 4 PUPs is safer.

Companion + Beast roll

5 min run. Not the fastest setup, and requires 1 hour reset or lucky wildcard in between runs - but can slip mules in for points easily.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2022-10-16 00:01:27
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By SimonSes 2022-10-16 11:07:28
Link | Citer | R

This can't be hard if BRD can solo VD in 7 min with buffs.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [451 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-09 22:56:06
Link | Citer | R

Lamian bumpuscade

Unleash the automatons. If your reaction ability is lacking. But they're so slow to gaze now, you really shouldn't be failing.
By gregchiro2013 2024-01-10 00:39:22
Link | Citer | R

5 pup can afk and spam V1....
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-01-10 02:00:22
Link | Citer | R

<Invite to join party> <Can I have it?>
 Asura.Jenniferrr
user: Pirates
By Asura.Jenniferrr 2024-01-10 13:13:41
Link | Citer | R

Do you have a list of frame/attachments? Always fun to have a reason to hang out with my little buddy.
[+]
By Seun 2024-01-10 14:51:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jenniferrr said: »
Do you have a list of frame/attachments? Always fun to have a reason to hang out with my little buddy.

VE Head and SS Frame

Fire, Wind and Light maneuvers

Inhibitor
Inhibitor II
Magniplug
Magniplug II
Attuner
Speedloader II
Truesights
Turbo Charger II
Couler II
Optic Fiber
Optic Fiber II
Auto-Rep. Kit IV

You can swap out Magniplug and/or Truesights for more defensive options depending on your gear and needs.

You can also change these options depending on which target you're in charge of. Since you want Freya down first you would use what's listed if you're on her or swap out the magni/TS for reduced damage against the adds.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2024-01-10 16:34:28
Link | Citer | R

which maneuvers? Light, Wind and? What's the last? Thunder or Fire?
[+]
By Seun 2024-01-10 16:51:00
Link | Citer | R

Fire, Wind and Light maneuvers. Will add to previous post also.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2024-01-10 19:58:09
Link | Citer | R

One of those rough months. Usual monthly video covering solo and party strategies. Have a good month all!

[+]
 Asura.Jenniferrr
user: Pirates
By Asura.Jenniferrr 2024-01-11 08:20:04
Link | Citer | R

Hey Seun,

Thanks for the breakdown. Are SPs required or just melee it down? I'm assuming you'll wanna thrown dia on them as well.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2024-01-11 14:02:14
Link | Citer | R

For the "regular" strategy without PUP (Tank, RDM, GEO, 3x RNG or COR) I guess the tank needs to position the 3 Lamias on the same side, so that he can face them or face off all of them at the same time, right?
And hope they don't use conflicting TP moves at the same time...

Either way, doing it without React sounds difficult and unreliable.

How does the multiple pet/PUP strat works instead? I know I used to be on PUP last time this was around but it's such a long time ago I don't really remember what I was doing.
I mean how it works overall, not the PUP specific approach, Seun kindly already explained that in detail.
By Seun 2024-01-11 15:03:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jenniferrr said: »
Are SPs required or just melee it down? I'm assuming you'll wanna thrown dia on them as well.

PUP is used mostly to avoid dealing with the mechanics. Using SP reduces the time you're exposed to those mechanics so it's worth reducing the chance that things go wrong.
By Seun 2024-01-11 20:31:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
For the "regular" strategy without PUP (Tank, RDM, GEO, 3x RNG or COR) I guess the tank needs to position the 3 Lamias on the same side, so that he can face them or face off all of them at the same time, right?

Not sure I understand here. You're going to have your tank hold all 3 at the same time?

Never mind. I was thinking about how I did this without pet strat and realized it was like 6 years ago. Freyja is probably deleted near instantly with 3 RNG and the rest probably don't take long enough to be any more dangerous.

I mean how it works overall

OD/AC Freyja. SMN should use Hysteric Assault from Siren. Stay out of her gaze/cone range, but always keep eyes on her. She doesn't last long with OD/AC so position yourself near Skathi to use the rest on her.

Mostly the same as above, but if it's a player tank they will need occasional stona and/or poisona. Tank will also have to be mindful of hate resets. SMN switch to Ramuh for Volt Strike. Kill and move to Frigg.

PUP holding Frigg OD so there's not much left here. SMN can swap to Garuda for Predator Claws damage bonus.
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-01-11 22:34:44
Link | Citer | R

Its easy with 2 mele and 1 range no need to complicate stuff if ppl know how to turn
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-01-11 22:49:55
Link | Citer | R

Seun said: »

Not sure I understand here. You're going to have your tank hold all 3 at the same time?

I mean how it works overall

OD/AC Freyja. SMN should use Hysteric Assault from Siren. Stay out of her gaze/cone range, but always keep eyes on her. She doesn't last long with OD/AC so position yourself near Skathi to use the rest on her.

Mostly the same as above, but if it's a player tank they will need occasional stona and/or poisona. Tank will also have to be mindful of hate resets. SMN switch to Ramuh for Volt Strike. Kill and move to Frigg.

PUP holding Frigg OD so there's not much left here. SMN can swap to Garuda for Predator Claws damage bonus.
Thats what i do losing aggro is rare only with afterglow stuff which can be a rare occurrence if dps can koll freyja and skathi fast enough
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2024-01-12 02:56:54
Link | Citer | R

Either way, doing it without React sounds difficult and unreliable.

After seeing all the posts here, I assumed the same thing... but since no EXP loss, I figured why not give it a shot?

In the end, I found it pretty easy to turn away on the TP moves without any tools needed. RUN goes in, flash > foil > One for All and then smacks the mobs. You could technically just stay mostly turned and spam enmity spells and keep hate, too.

The main factor is if your other party members are able to focus and turn in time. If not, they may get charmed and cause trouble for you.

Otherwise it's a fairly straightforward fight where different damage types will help you get through it quicker. Also, thanks(guh) to Vana'bout you could get away with doing N once daily and you can still get 3600 hallmarks before using seal.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7