It's That Time Again!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 35 36 37
By RadialArcana 2020-09-27 10:35:32
Link | Citer | R

Was watching a video about WoW earlier, they have an automated ban system that knocks people out based on number of reports (depending on the category of the report). Opposing guilds use this to knock important people out for a while apparantely so they can do contested world events without competition.

So if someone gets 20? reports in a week they get taken out automatically with a temp, if that person does not appeal and just accepts it then they deem the ban correct automatically. If the person appeals and states they did literally nothing, and assuming they can't prove you did something (which they probably can't if you didn't do something crazy) you get the account back.

One of the problems with FFXI, if this is in effect here is many of us come into this with a mindset of wrong doing already due to addon use. So instead of appealing with an argument of "I did nothing at all!" they instead come with "I was only using send, GS etc etc why did you ban me?" and if you do that you're writing your characters own death warrant. They won't be nice, they will just think "ok thank you for admitting it, ban upheld"

Outside of you talking about stuff in the game and them seeing it in the chat logs, I'm really not sure they can properly uphold a ban if there is an appeal process and you were banned for basic addon use.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-27 10:40:20
Link | Citer | R

The thing is, there is no "process".

File the appeal > "I didn't haxorz" > "logs say you did" > "***, show me some kind of proof" > "lolnope" ban upheld.
By Mattelot 2020-09-27 11:01:48
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Was watching a video about WoW earlier, they have an automated ban system that knocks people out based on number of reports (depending on the category of the report). Opposing guilds use this to knock important people out for a while apparantely so they can do contested world events without competition.

So if someone gets 20? reports in a week they get taken out automatically with a temp, if that person does not appeal and just accepts it then they deem the ban correct automatically. If the person appeals and states they did literally nothing, and assuming they can't prove you did something (which they probably can't if you didn't do something crazy) you get the account back.

One of the problems with FFXI, if this is in effect here is many of us come into this with a mindset of wrong doing already due to addon use. So instead of appealing with an argument of "I did nothing at all!" they instead come with "I was only using send, GS etc etc why did you ban me?" and if you do that you're writing your characters own death warrant. They won't be nice, they will just think "ok thank you for admitting it, ban upheld"

Outside of you talking about stuff in the game and them seeing it in the chat logs, I'm really not sure they can properly uphold a ban if there is an appeal process and you were banned for basic addon use.

This is correct. It's their new flag system. It was implemented so that they don't have to hire as many GMs/forum moderators to babysit people. Lets the community police itself.

The bad part is that cliques can get people silenced or banned. People on their forums use it to silence/ban anyone who disagrees with them.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-27 11:12:58
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like a total Lord of the flies situation. Sounds stupid AF.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2020-09-27 11:26:08
Link | Citer | R

Was watching a video about WoW earlier, they have an automated ban system that knocks people out based on number of reports
Holy ***why would anyone think that was a good idea

Mattelot said: »
It was implemented so that they don't have to hire as many GMs/forum moderators
Jesus. At least when SE pinches pennies they don't weaponize it for the shitheads.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-09-27 11:30:39
Link | Citer | R

Oh, it is. People complain about it all the time. Its much cheaper for Blizzard and though it's ***, they pretend like its the greatest thing.

I got into it with a moderator about it once. They have very vague/generic categories to put whatever you did/said in so that even if the mod/GM was wrong, they'd "technically" not be. Some guy tried to appeal in the customer service forum and the mod tried to lump his comment as "non constructive" and I told him we need to be fair since "non constructive" constitutes over 95% of all comments on the forums. He replied "I don't think it's quite 95%" and locked the thread like a chicken ***.

I've moderated forums for over 20 years and I hate seeing bad mods abuse their privileges.

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Jesus. At least when SE pinches pennies they don't weaponize it for the shitheads.

I honestly don't believe it was their intent but just a bad side effect that they refuse to eat crow on. The shareholders want their money and hiring indirect labor is a hinderance to that.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-09-27 11:32:35
Link | Citer | R

Blizzard is just a shell of itself these days. Honestly one of the worst companies in gaming.
[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-09-27 11:34:49
Link | Citer | R

Just FYI, when people here are talking about "verified by logs", SE is not (typically) looking at the stupid ***that you say in game.

They're almost certainly looking at warning and error logs recorded by the server that are related to expected vs. actual variance of various character [values,attributes,properties,etc]. Based upon the historical discussions on these forums, I expect they would only be looking at this type of logging as a result of investigations into characters that were either reported through the STF form or directly requested via community professional intervention.

Here's an example of a log file that absolutely does not exist because it sucks ***, but you get the idea:

Code
[1/1/2020 01:05:00] ERROR: Character 'Ejiin' passed outside of expected movement range within 1 tick [>50 yalms] [orig_pos=0,0,0, new_pos=57,0,0]
[1/1/2020 01:05:01] ERROR: Character 'Ejiin' passed outside of expected movement range within 1 tick [>50 yalms] [orig_pos=57,0,0, new_pos=50.1,77.55,0]
[1/1/2020 01:05:02] ERROR: Character 'Ejiin' passed outside of expected movement range within 1 tick [>50 yalms] [orig_pos=50.1,77.55,0, new_pos=0,0,0]
[1/1/2020 01:05:30] WARN: Character 'Ejiin' knockback position distance adjusted less than expected value with no resistance equipment found, and no nearby zone obstructions present [expected=10, actual=0]
[1/1/2020 01:05:40] WARN: Character 'Ejiin' knockback position distance adjusted less than expected value with no resistance equipment found, and no nearby zone obstructions present [expected=10, actual=0]
[1/1/2020 01:15:00] ERROR: Homepoint target not found in hps_accessed_by_char collection: [homepoint="Windurst_Waters_2", character="Ejiin"]

If the fictional logging example displayed above was adequate for what it would take to be banned automatically then a lot more people would finally get to experience what the salvage bans were really like, but that's just not the case. The above logs would most likely only be feteched and/or looked at in response to the modicum of player reports that the STF receives combined with the external input due to streaming, publicizing, etc. that continues to exist as the "unknown value"
By Mattelot 2020-09-27 11:35:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
Blizzard is just a shell of itself these days. Honestly one of the worst companies in gaming.

If it weren't for Diablo IV upcoming, I'd forget they exist myself.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-27 13:09:00
Link | Citer | R

You can still "demand" an SGM in the ultra rare occurrence that you actually go to Mordion (for swearing is basically the only possible way anymore)

It won't accomplish jack or ***
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-27 14:07:19
Link | Citer | R

Only times I've heard of a ban being reversed are when the person claimed they'd been hacked. Of course, if the IP access history doesn't line up with your claims, they won't roll it back anyway, so it's not really something you can plan for after the fact.

If you happened to move across the country a couple months before getting banned, worth a shot though.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-27 14:24:27
Link | Citer | R

Nope, swearing still gets you sent to mordion.

[+]
By Felgarr 2020-09-27 15:26:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Nope, swearing still gets you sent to mordion.

That's a really nice folder you got there. How about you share the screenshot? :P
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-27 15:38:46
Link | Citer | R

Really not missing anything. It looks just like legion.

The screenshot(s) contain rule breaking words and things that could be considered "player warnings" so instead of filtering the entire chatbox You've got the one sentence that mattered.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-27 19:03:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
*** you take the word of most people around here and that's SE.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-09-28 04:33:15
Link | Citer | R

btw I got a post moderated in the past couple of weeks on ffxiah and the public moderation comment was this:

Quote:
Post deleted by Moderator.
Comment: As per the rules, posts beyond windower and its plugins are not allowed. Multiboxing is a form of botting.

Multiboxing is a form of botting? Botting is automation, multiboxing isn't automatically automated. I'm not complaning about being moderated or the first part of what was said, I just find it odd a moderator here thinks multiboxing is botting.

I have multiboxed for over 10 years and I have never used any form of bot or automation.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55296/ejin-caitsith-windower-plugin-multibox-guivideos/
By RadialArcana 2020-09-28 04:42:45
Link | Citer | R

The screenshot(s) contain rule breaking words and things that could be considered "player warnings" so instead of filtering the entire chatbox You've got the one sentence that mattered.

Mordion uses the same textures as Inner Horutoto Ruins / legion / ambuscade.

If you look at the mordion gaol zone file it's literally just 40-50 little square rooms distanced apart from each other in a huge rubix cube formation. It's entirely possible to have so many people in goal that they can't take anymore and it's full, not that they use them much anymore.

Not my image but saw it on ffxiah screenshot page.

https://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/61257

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-28 06:22:25
Link | Citer | R

It is that time for men!!!!

5k tuna. Sign me up.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-09-28 08:07:08
Link | Citer | R

btw I got a post moderated in the past couple of weeks on ffxiah and the public moderation comment was this:

Quote:
Post deleted by Moderator.
Comment: As per the rules, posts beyond windower and its plugins are not allowed. Multiboxing is a form of botting.

Multiboxing is a form of botting? Botting is automation, multiboxing isn't automatically automated. I'm not complaning about being moderated or the first part of what was said, I just find it odd a moderator here thinks multiboxing is botting.

I have multiboxed for over 10 years and I have never used any form of bot or automation.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55296/ejin-caitsith-windower-plugin-multibox-guivideos/

Wasn't me. I multiboxed without any automation at all beyond an AHK window swapping keybind, so I know the difference, but I'm not the only moderator.
By Jetackuu 2020-09-28 08:26:00
Link | Citer | R

lol, it burns.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-28 08:31:36
Link | Citer | R

So, to raise a dead horse here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/751829678

Go to 2:07:15 (or a bit earlier). Sure looks like he's no-clipping through that orc on a 'vanilla' character.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2020-09-28 08:35:01
Link | Citer | R

A few weeks ago, Windower's jazero got ninja updated to remove model collisions. I doubt many people realized, but it's very obvious from the outside if you pay attention to it.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-28 08:36:28
Link | Citer | R

Not questioning the ability to remove collisions, but rather the premise that he's on vanilla. That means he's on windower using addons, just avoiding visible ones.
[+]
By ashcrow 2020-09-28 08:51:45
Link | Citer | R

Mordion uses the same textures as Inner Horutoto Ruins / legion / ambuscade.

If you look at the mordion gaol zone file it's literally just 40-50 little square rooms distanced apart from each other in a huge rubix cube formation. It's entirely possible to have so many people in goal that they can't take anymore and it's full, not that they use them much anymore.

Not my image but saw it on ffxiah screenshot page.

https://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/61257

out of subject i was in ur HNM shell lol, i dunn remamber if it was pnady/asura hades fairy or bahamut
By Felgarr 2020-09-28 08:55:35
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »

Go to 2:07:15 (or a bit earlier). Sure looks like he's no-clipping through that orc on a 'vanilla' character.

This is nuts. Why aren't more people paying attention to this?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-28 08:56:32
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »
Shiva.Thorny said: »

This is nuts. Why aren't more people paying attention to this?
?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 35 36 37