It's That Time Again!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 35 36 37

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2020-09-28 09:41:18
Link | Citer | R

It was in the title of his stream on those days
 Asura.Suteru
Serveur: Asura
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-09-28 12:19:04
Link | Citer | R

Lili said: »
A few weeks ago, Windower's jazero got ninja updated to remove model collisions. I doubt many people realized, but it's very obvious from the outside if you pay attention to it.

He's definitely playing at 60FPS. I still play at 30 because I don't like the extra chug when my computer can't maintain 60 in crowded areas, and it's a very obvious difference.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2020-09-28 13:06:52
Link | Citer | R

i think i remember him saying he was going to use the graphical enhancements since they don't modify gameplay at all
 Bahamut.Viers
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Vires
By Bahamut.Viers 2020-09-28 16:50:13
Link | Citer | R

If I put chocolate syrup on vanilla ice cream, is it still considered vanilla??

What about vanilla ice cream with some sprinkles add on?

Please respond, very important.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-28 16:57:57
Link | Citer | R

Not quite the same.

See: Vanilla ice cream, no matter what you add to it is always vanilla ice cream. (I mean technically you could melt it, add chocolate milk mix and refreeze it making it "chocolate" but let's not get crazy)

What makes it plain vanilla ice cream, is the plain modifier.

"moosetracks" is still vanilla ice cream, with ***mixed in.

XI with windower is still vanilla ice cream, it's just not plain vanilla ice cream anymore.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-09-28 17:05:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-28 17:07:43
Link | Citer | R

damn you now I want moosetracks.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-09-28 17:11:08
Link | Citer | R

I'm really glad I don't use add-ons. I'm paranoid enough about using Bolter's Roll in town and getting falsely reported for speed hacking. I don't need extra the stress.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-28 17:17:56
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Senaki said: »
...I'm paranoid enough about using Bolter's Roll in town and getting falsely reported for speed hacking.

So glad its not just me who thinks that me popping bolters at the Low Jeuno chocobo stables to run to the AH is gonna get some Karen to report me once I get there. I wanna scream, "I'm a Corsair, dumbass, you can do this to, legit even!"
[+]
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2020-09-28 17:22:40
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
...I'm paranoid enough about using Bolter's Roll in town and getting falsely reported for speed hacking.

So glad its not just me who thinks that me popping bolters at the Low Jeuno chocobo stables to run to the AH is gonna get some Karen to report me once I get there. I wanna scream, "I'm a Corsair, dumbass, you can do this to, legit even!"

I contemplated making a macro that /s something of that nature, but I asked myself: "Why am I more worried about using legit travel means than windower stuffs?"
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zekie
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Zekie 2020-09-28 17:27:08
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

I still use bolters every chance i can use.. I am still waiting for someone to send me a tell and said i report you for speeding. LOL
[+]
 Ragnarok.Galiber
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2020-09-29 13:18:01
Link | Citer | R

Kind of a blatant self promoting post, but I actually made a video on my thoughts on this whole situation, if anyone is interested :)

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-29 13:26:27
Link | Citer | R

Brah, "Jill" really?

How people pronounce things "thats different than how I say it" always stick out.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2020-09-29 13:39:26
Link | Citer | R

lol, you're right. I actually think hard G - ill is correct, but in Italian G followed by a vowel is always a soft G! So that's my mistake.

It's one of those things like "Chochobo" that the whole world pronounces in a different way
By Mattelot 2020-09-29 13:49:35
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »
lol, you're right. I actually think hard G - ill is correct, but in Italian G followed by a vowel is always a soft G! So that's my mistake.

It's one of those things like "Chochobo" that the whole world pronounces in a different way

I've only ever heard "Chocobo" pronounced 2 ways. First is how it looks and the other was "Shaboo" which I never understood how the guy came to that pronounciation.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-29 13:55:26
Link | Citer | R

Choke-ah-bos in FFX

Cha-co-bo

Choc-a-bo (like chocolate)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Soyven
user: Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-09-29 18:01:02
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »

back to chocolate?
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-09-29 19:25:07
Link | Citer | R

Kind of a blatant self promoting post, but I actually made a video on my thoughts on this whole situation, if anyone is interested :)

YouTube Video Placeholder

No one ever needs to be THIS close to your face. Also, the light ring reflection in your eyes is unnerving. I had to hide the video and just listen to the audio :/
[+]
By Draylo 2020-09-29 19:29:44
Link | Citer | R

I need more Jill
[+]
 Ragnarok.Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2020-09-30 03:52:43
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »
No one ever needs to be THIS close to your face. Also, the light ring reflection in your eyes is unnerving. I had to hide the video and just listen to the audio :/

Tbh, I kinda like both the closeness and the reflection, but I am sorry if it bothered you. :)

I clearly made this video to stir the pot a bit, and it would seem to be working, definitely my most hated video so far, but hey a reaction is a reaction. And I thank you for taking the time to watch it.

The one thing I don't get though, is this huge hate towards Ejin, I mean the guy is clearly a super nice guy, always answers to everyone, chats with everyone on his twitch, is always open about everything he does, to the point of making videos about it from which I'm sure 90% of viewers profited.
Yeah, you can consider him a cheater I guess, but I'd have to put myself and most of the ppl I know in that category, and I guess whoever uses even minor addons like distance and timers plugin.

Glad to be proven wrong, but I suspect a lot of that hate comes from jealousy.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Prong 2020-09-30 07:05:00
Link | Citer | R

The one thing I don't get though, is this huge hate towards Ejin, I mean the guy is clearly a super nice guy, always answers to everyone, chats with everyone on his twitch, is always open about everything he does, to the point of making videos about it from which I'm sure 90% of viewers profited.
Yeah, you can consider him a cheater I guess, but I'd have to put myself and most of the ppl I know in that category, and I guess whoever uses even minor addons like distance and timers plugin.

It's the internet. Half the people who watch your video (or those like it) unfortunately will be immature nerds who think being negative edgelords on the interwebz makes them clever. Unavoidable.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-30 07:12:15
Link | Citer | R

Prong said: »

It's the internet. Half the people who watch your video (or those like it) unfortunately will be immature nerds who think being negative edgelords on the interwebz makes them clever. Unavoidable.

Its simple, really. Those who face frustration in the real world often seek success in the digital. There's no one there to yell at you in person, to punish you, or to remind you that you're not in charge. So those who are the most vocal in a digital setting are often the most downtrodden in the real world- its their only outlet.

If you can't succeed in the real world, there's always a fake one to try and succeed in, and re-define yourself. I'm as guilty of this as anyone.
By RadialArcana 2020-09-30 07:13:41
Link | Citer | R

That's all it is, jealousy.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Soyven
user: Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-09-30 07:22:58
Link | Citer | R

Needs more Peanut Butter up in here for all the Jelly
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-09-30 07:41:06
Link | Citer | R

And afaik, it wasnt even he who brought this topic on FfXIAH.

It was some low life that feel like they need to expose someone else, for whatever nasty reason.
 Ragnarok.Miraeldito
By Ragnarok.Miraeldito 2020-09-30 09:12:03
Link | Citer | R

Tbh, I kinda like both the closeness and the reflection, but I am sorry if it bothered you. :)

I clearly made this video to stir the pot a bit, and it would seem to be working, definitely my most hated video so far, but hey a reaction is a reaction. And I thank you for taking the time to watch it.

I'm at work so didnt have time to watch the video yet, but I totaly agree with the bold sentence.
Anything that change game's mechanics from how it is thought by SE, even if it does not affect other players, could be considered cheating.
For example if macro system was designed with only 6 lines of commands, even using windower macro, make the game easier than it was meant to be, maybe only by a tinny percentage, but it does.
So yes, SE could look at any of the addons, even distance plugin, as a cheat becouse they allow to beat the game more comfortably or easily.
They dont care to take actions in most of the minor cases? likely
Can they bear this "policy" being heralded in pubblic? I doubt
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-30 09:41:15
Link | Citer | R

There's a difference between hating Ejiin and being objective about the ban. Of course his fans are going to echo chamber that he didn't deserve it. But, the reality is that he was not only using major automation but walking other players through doing it. If you are able to be objective, that's quite clearly banworthy.

You don't have to dislike the person to believe his ban was justified. Pretending he was innocent and holding him up as a martyr justifies the same behavior for tons of other people. Even now, while he claims vanilla, he's using JA0 and noclip and other tools that are pretty clearly agreed to be cheats(admittedly on the safer end historically).
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-09-30 09:43:28
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Miraeldito said: »

I'm at work so didnt have time to watch the video yet, but I totaly agree with the bold sentence.
Anything that change game's mechanics from how it is thought by SE, even if it does not affect other players, could be considered cheating.
For example if macro system was designed with only 6 lines of commands, even using windower macro, make the game easier than it was meant to be, maybe only by a tinny percentage, but it does.
So yes, SE could look at any of the addons, even distance plugin, as a cheat becouse they allow to beat the game more comfortably or easily.
They dont care to take actions in most of the minor cases? likely
Can they bear this "policy" being heralded in pubblic? I doubt

Dude using this or wiki are cheats according to the ToS, literally everything.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 35 36 37