It's That Time Again!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37
By Thunderjet 2021-04-07 21:23:41
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
i'm far from a expert in wow but i believe you compare vanilla wow with classic. i've seen a some video that demonstrates instance farm strategies that were apparently not discovered or not very commonly knowen until later and due to that farming gold is supposed to be quicker in classic than it was in vanilla.
Dude its the same its just people are lifeless *** with bots and Blizzard not doing anything about it, that does not change the fact that's its the same
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Mattelot 2021-04-08 05:44:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aquatiq said: »
a lot of us fit the bill of "if I can't use this 3rd party quality of life enhancement* to play this game I really like, which has unfortunate clunky/cumbersome/20-year-old controls, i'd simply not play, so even risking a ban is worth the enjoyment I get from playing currently (and maybe if I was banned it'd liberate me of my addiction)"

*does not include anchor or literally bypassing fight mechanics

Well said and I don't think some question this. I know that some noted that it's less about those who fit this bill and more about those who accomplished things using several cheats 3rd party tools that they otherwise would more than likely never have accomplished then tell people "I'm just very good."

Thunderjet said: »
Shichishito said: »
i'm far from a expert in wow but i believe you compare vanilla wow with classic. i've seen a some video that demonstrates instance farm strategies that were apparently not discovered or not very commonly knowen until later and due to that farming gold is supposed to be quicker in classic than it was in vanilla.
Dude its the same its just people are lifeless *** with bots and Blizzard not doing anything about it, that does not change the fact that's its the same

Even more proof of what I've said about classic =/= vanilla. You'd be perma-banned for that in vanilla.

I was happy to see classic come around for a taste of nostalgia but knew it was not going to be the experience we remembered. From the aforementioned P2W to many knowing how to cheese the content and take out any sense of accomplishment or fun to the newer generation gamers logging in and saying "wtf? I don't get free top-tier rewards just for logging in?! Class action lawsuit!"
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-04-08 06:31:11
Link | Citer | R

Every time I see this thread bumped up again (I know this post itself bumps it, but it's already fresh at the top again as I post this), I think of these two:

This thread is the "Prepare for trouble... and make it double" of the FFXIAH forums at the moment.
[+]
By Mattelot 2021-04-08 07:02:36
Link | Citer | R

It's allowed to continue. I've seen threads closed for waaaaay less frivolous things.
By Thunderjet 2021-04-08 07:09:44
Link | Citer | R

By RadialArcana 2021-04-08 08:10:07
Link | Citer | R

Mattelot said: »
It's allowed to continue. I've seen threads closed for waaaaay less frivolous things.

After a period of time moderators check less and less, so it's based far more on reports. If the threads still alive it hasn't triggered anyone.

This is how you trigger some people on here:
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-04-08 08:38:58
Link | Citer | R

Glad I don't know what ESO and CW2 are. Spent only a few hours in trial WoW before I realized "I can't do a MMO again". Bought FFXIV and spent a few hours messing around with the character creation screen and watching different intro cutscenes and then gave it up because the controls were different than FFXIs. That was the stupidest thing they could have done if they wanted an easy migration of the main base of PC FFXI players to convert.

Now FFXI on the other hand... if only I could have told an innocent young 24 year old what I was getting into when I got wrangled into FFXI during mid-CoP missions coming out every update... yeah. I'd have 17 years of my life back and at least 4 actual years of in-front-of-screen time back.

What do you mean it's not 2004 still?

I guess it could be worse. I could still be playing Final Fantasy VII in my 1997 JNCOs pants.

Wait. I still pick that game up every now and then.

BRB. Time to turn on some Daft Punk - Around The World and fire up the Playstation 1 on my tube TV.

Am I derailing the thread well enough for ya'll?
Administrator
By Rooks 2021-04-08 08:59:36
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
After a period of time moderators check less and less
Yeah, this is not exactly my full-time job. What I'm hearing is I need to close this?

/starts backreading
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-04-08 09:00:35
Link | Citer | R

Rooks said: »
Yeah, this is not exactly my full-time job. What I'm hearing is I need to close this?

/starts backreading

yes
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-04-08 09:02:42
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Rooks said: »

/starts backreading

yes
yes
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-04-08 09:05:40
Link | Citer | R

You could go through the backlog of pics that need approved too. None of them were touched for two weeks and then only a few got approved and some (mine) are just sitting there.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-04-08 09:08:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
You could go through the backlog of pics that need approved too. None of them were touched for two weeks and then only a few got approved and some (mine) are just sitting there.
Ain'tnobodygottimeforthatshit.meme

Seriously though, that's the mod's job, not admins.

Blame girlboy for the backlog.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2021-04-08 09:10:08
Link | Citer | R

Glad I don't know what ESO and CW2 are.
Elder Scrolls Online and it's Guild Wars 2 just small print in the image made the G look like a C
Administrator
By Rooks 2021-04-08 09:10:17
Link | Citer | R

I did a quick pass and approved ones that were clearly actual game content and not jokes or "anime girls in various states of arousal", and yes, we get a lot of those. I'll approve the others when i can actually look at them
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2021-04-08 09:11:45
Link | Citer | R

Christ on a cracker, a lot of you have a real hate *** for Ejin. Also, there's enough strawmen in here that it's now been reclassified as a fire hazard.

Thread is locked.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37