Forum » FFXI » General » The Voracious Resurgence
The Voracious Resurgence
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-08-05 18:04:27
Link | Citer | R

Bare with me, what exactly about relics make them need a boost?
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2020-08-05 18:53:24
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »

Outside of niche Apocalypse use, they just don't have a whole lot of draw to them. A variety of non-EMA are better than relics. None of their WS's scale with TP in the same way that Empyrean & Aeonic WS's do. Their modifiers are terrible, to put it mildly.

As the power creep has occurred over time, it has become painfully obvious that relic WS's can't keep pace. It is actually more beneficial to use non-relic weapons instead of relic weapons, that's how weak they are.
By Nariont 2020-08-05 19:03:27
Link | Citer | R

a few of them are still fairly decent(apoc, anni, excal, kikoku off top of my head) but fall off hard once you go above 1k, which in this current game over TPing is fairly frequent, plus tp bonus options being available to many jobs if they can cover the acc. and the AMs arent enough to keep them around for that either often-times. They either need a overall boost or they need scaling, though some like say guttler or mandau probably need both.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-05 19:03:59
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Belkin said: »

Outside of niche Apocalypse use, none of their WS's scale with TP in the same way that Empyrean & Aeonic WS's do. Their modifiers are terrible, to put it mildly.

As the power creep has occurred over time, it has become painfully obvious that relic WS's can't keep pace. It is actually more beneficial to use non-relic weapons instead of relic weapons, that's how weak they are.

On the whole, most aren't gonna argue with that statement one bit, but it is short-sighted. Relics are a lot more than Apoc.

Non TP-Scaling WS's aren't exclusively the realm of Relics- there are Empryean and Aeonic Weaponskills that don't scale with TP, either. Not to mention, just because they don't doesn't make them junk.

The poor, and often SPLIT dSTAT modifiers for Relic Weaponskills are a bigger problem than lack of TP scaling.

Some of the Relic weaponskills come with incredibly powerful aftermaths that then affect all aspects of your DPS, not just bigger Weaponskills, or provide a job with unique skillchain properties that also allow an increased in either total group DPS or self if chaining alone. I'm not going to argue they're all amazing, but some still have excellent uses beyond niches.

Again, overall your post is dead on in terms of the weaknesses of most of the Relic Weapons, and how they are inferior to counterpart weapons of the other "Ultimate Weapons" classes. But to completely write off the entire group misses out on some really nice options, not niche options.
By funsam 2020-08-05 20:05:19
Link | Citer | R

Currently not actively playing, but fantastic news about new story, eager to see where it goes.
Having clocked in 20,000+ hours of the 15+ years I was playing, game will always have a place in my heart.
Might be time for a return.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-08-05 20:20:26
Link | Citer | R

Nearly all Relic weps are not worth using for their special “thing” whatever it may be, the only exception to this is anni which is probably fine as is, and the ones that can be useful sometimes are so situational it’s usually not worth making them.

My hope for relic changes is enhancing or even adding new special “things” unique to the wep that may not really up your DPS but add useful utility that other pure DPS weps do not offer, much like how scythe offers better survivability.

And of course for fks sake add shield skill to aegis D:<
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2020-08-05 20:37:02
Link | Citer | R

Ugh, Brygid is a major character of part 1, I'm out.
[+]
By soralin 2020-08-06 00:02:13
Link | Citer | R

Calling it now, Brygid will be involved with reforging Empy gear. After insulting your style of course.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Serveur: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-08-06 00:03:25
Link | Citer | R

soralin said: »
Calling it now, Brygid will be involved with reforging Empy gear. After insulting your style of course.

+Subligars
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-06 00:48:35
Link | Citer | R

(actually this is more of a "this thread" thing)

Let's get it started:

Hey guys just came back, how do I do the first thing to start the thing that just came out that I didn't read about
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-06 01:35:39
Link | Citer | R

Obviously you mine the .dats and read ahead to know everything in advance.

[+]
By alamihgo 2020-08-06 01:45:47
Link | Citer | R

Heads up - if you didn't get a cutscene when you zone into Zeruhn Mines, you have to exit and zone back in again. You cannot proceed without the cutscene.
[+]
 Phoenix.Knumskull
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Knumskull
By Phoenix.Knumskull 2020-08-06 03:43:25
Link | Citer | R

Is the Brygid Cup the last one currently?
By Lynxx0219 2020-08-06 03:50:59
Link | Citer | R

Starting to have a feeling they japanese midnight capped this.
 Asura.Nitrogirl
By Asura.Nitrogirl 2020-08-06 04:23:10
Link | Citer | R

until now The Brygid Cup is the last quest.. may get more in the next updates
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2020-08-06 05:51:15
Link | Citer | R

No, that is all they have released. Matsui stated that each monthly update will include a small portion of the quest line, with it ending in 2022, for the 20th Anniversary.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-06 06:46:00
Link | Citer | R

I guess gonna start this in 2021 just to avoid that many breaks.

Personally im the type of reading just completed mangas because i cant stand waiting the new episode. So no way im playing just a couple of quests here and there, then waiting another month for the continuation.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-08-06 06:48:04
Link | Citer | R

Obviously unless they dont make those quests some gate before some new content. Even if this is the case, it shouldnt take long time to catch up at any point.

Just need to stay alert if they add some time gated junk in the middle, like it was imprimateur to SoA mission progress.
 Shiva.Haldarn
user: Haldarn
By Shiva.Haldarn 2020-08-06 07:15:51
Link | Citer | R

Theory that the second quest's choices may result in a different dialogue ending (perhaps a slightly different reward too).

If anyone with the appropriate harder-to-get gear could confirm, would be appreciated.

Details in link to avoid spoilers here:
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Brygid_Cup
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-08-06 07:59:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tsm said: »
i can't wait to read the replies on here after this is released lol
so.. are we still riding the coat tails of delusion or hows it going this morning?
 Shiva.Haldarn
user: Haldarn
By Shiva.Haldarn 2020-08-06 08:07:26
Link | Citer | R

i can't wait to read the replies on here after this is released lol
so.. are we still riding the coat tails of delusion or hows it going this morning?
Seems that you only get BlackRelics after getting the special ending of the final quest of today's update.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-08-06 08:09:51
Link | Citer | R

black relics lives matter
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
By Shiva.Liam 2020-08-06 09:24:41
Link | Citer | R

speaking of SOA time gates, I have a feeling in the next year we will start seeing "resurgence in ..." KIs similar to ROV which may ease restrictions on things like imprims/mog gardens, and eventually dyna - D and odyssey just before the empy reforge event drops.
By Taint 2020-08-06 09:26:37
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Liam said: »
speaking of SOA time gates, I have a feeling in the next year we will start seeing "resurgence in ..." KIs similar to ROV which may ease restrictions on things like imprims/mog gardens, and eventually dyna - D and odyssey just before the empy reforge event drops.

How about a KI that lets me convert Copper Vouchers into Nyzul/Einherjar points????
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-08-06 10:16:21
Link | Citer | R

A KI that turns duped medals into bans?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-06 11:05:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
A KI that turns duped medals into bans?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-08-06 11:54:05
Link | Citer | R

A KI that increase the acc/spark limit conversion to 2x, 3x and 4x a week.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-06 11:55:12
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

They are going to find a way to lock this behind Deeds.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-06 12:06:15
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Pantafernando said: »

They are going to find a way to lock this behind Deeds.
Deed Reward 1920: Increases conversion limit of Sparks of Eminence and Unity Accords to 120,000 each.
By soralin 2020-08-06 12:07:20
Link | Citer | R

I actually quite enjoyed bits and pieces of the cutscenes.

It was a fun hour of content, considering it was free and gave me 40k gil for my time, Ill take it haha
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19