The Voracious Resurgence
First Page 2 3 4 ... 17 18 19
 Asura.Kendlar
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: dropy
By Asura.Kendlar 2020-08-03 09:50:46
Link | Citer | R

Its from a old Freshly picked video, their "what if" section where they showed concept arts of stuff they decided to not go with.

Found it again:
https://www.translatetheweb.com/?from=ja&to=en&dl=en&ref=trb&a=https%3A%2F%2Fforum.square-enix.com%2Fffxi%2Fthreads%2F49504#

"

Final Fantasy XI if

(37:34~)

This is the second new corner.
"Maybe Vana Deal was like this."
It was not implemented, and it ended with the plan, or it entered the storehouse which cried crying.
"Final Fantasy XI if" to publish the plan / settings.

The first story was
In fact, there was another chapter and story in "Adulin's Magic Border."

Apart from the end of "Adulin's Magic Border" that you all know,
In fact, there was another candidate. It is judged that it is difficult to implement it, and adopts the present ending.
Then, the material of the area "Tartarus" which was going to be added was also released.
This area was created by Hades and has a setting that there is no recognition that it was created by itself.
In addition, the image illustration of the boss waiting in [Tartarus] was also released.
Hades captures the power of the augst, it is characterized by the appearance that appeared.
In addition, it deviates from the story of "Adulin's Magic Border",
A monster that integrates Rosemore and Omega was also conceived.
Please check the appearance by all means in the broadcast.

What's next?
"The Empirian costume could initially be implemented in different colors of artifacts."

It was about a year before Avicea was implemented.
Based on the artifact, it was planned to be implemented in the replacement of parts and the change of color tone.
However, some jobs have different images from artifacts from the beginning.
Ultimately, everything has been redesigned.

In fact, the design of the Empian Weapon "Masamune" was also different from the current one.
In Vana Deal, where there are many straight swords, there is an opinion that this design will be buried,
It has been changed to the design of the implementation version that was uneune.

The last story is
Garka was going to be able to eat two meals.

With regard to meals, we have set up two frames from the implementation stage,
There is a difference between the effect of the meal that was expected at that time, and the effect at the implementation stage,
I decided, "This would be a foul if I could eat two meals." As a disadvantage
I was thinking that the effective time of the meal would be halved, but this was also a merit, so I decided to enter the storehouse.

"
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2020-08-03 09:51:25
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Looks like it'll be in 5 parts which brings us to the end of the year, assuming each month going forward gets a story update.

Or, if it's significantly more spaced out maybe they will give this story to us a little bit at a time leading up to the 20 year anni.

(Extremely Cautiously) Optimistic that this may be leading to something bigger.

Edit: Also wanted to say I am getting major crystal tower-ish vibes from that mountain/city in the background.

Highlighted for relevance. I thought I was the only one that thought the blue mountain in the background looked like Crystal Tower from XIV. As troll-ish as that dungeon was, it was my favorite raid in XIV before I stopped playing.

Oo oo! Warrior of Light armor go!

I was more imoressed on how Ruamoko found al zahbi and tavnazia in that picture.

I mean, its just like some rocks in the background.

(Well, looking better i can see a part of tavnazia there)

Yes, those small details are really interesting. The artwork is cool and even if just a teaser it worked, people are talking about it.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-03 09:56:49
Link | Citer | R

Yes, those small details are really interesting. The artwork is cool and even if just a teaser it worked, people are talking about it.
It could be showing an "alternative reality" situation, like if the Crystal War never existed.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2020-08-03 10:04:57
Link | Citer | R

The lamest name for a storyline/expansion/miniexpansion in XI history but excited to see where it goes.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-08-03 10:08:20
Link | Citer | R

hey guys,

I believe SE has said several times there will be no new areas. expecting new areas is setting yourself up for disappointment. especially since they are not charging for this and it is not an expansion.

thanks for coming to my ted talk
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-08-03 10:09:29
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
The lamest name for a storyline/expansion/miniexpansion in XI history but excited to see where it goes.

yeah... se could never be as cool as pro the scar
By FaeQueenCory 2020-08-03 10:11:02
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Kogenta said: »
Asura.Kendlar said: »
Would be cool if we got any of these things added:

What are these? Please provide context!
These were all concept art the Dev Team revealed a few years back of Hades as the next endgame zone (following in line with Sky & Sea) from the scrapped ToAU story line that we were originally supposed to get.
SoA* not ToAU.
And Tartarus* not Hades. Hades is the man who created the alternate universe of Tartarus with his hellbox of Ra'kaznar.
Always disappointed that we never got to explore Tartarus, even moreso after they showed the concept art. (Technically we "see" "it" in a couple of the CSs.... but it's just a black void.)
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-03 10:12:43
Link | Citer | R

That spiraled climb reminds me a LOT of the Avatar HTBF arena.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2020-08-03 10:19:47
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
Ragnarok.Kogenta said: »
Asura.Kendlar said: »
Would be cool if we got any of these things added:

What are these? Please provide context!
These were all concept art the Dev Team revealed a few years back of Hades as the next endgame zone (following in line with Sky & Sea) from the scrapped ToAU story line that we were originally supposed to get.
SoA* not ToAU.
And Tartarus* not Hades. Hades is the man who created the alternate universe of Tartarus with his hellbox of Ra'kaznar.
Always disappointed that we never got to explore Tartarus, even moreso after they showed the concept art. (Technically we "see" "it" in a couple of the CSs.... but it's just a black void.)

Yes, Tartarus & SoA. It's still early and I haven't had my caffeine.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-08-03 10:20:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Prospective story spoilers (Ideas):
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-03 10:21:35
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Prospective story spoilers (Ideas):
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-08-03 10:25:38
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Razziel said: »
Thought the dark relics weapons was just artistic freedom but then I saw this pic of the goblin holding what looks like a dark Ragnarok.
Calling it now. "Evil Gobbie" is the expansion girl.
[+]
By Mrxi 2020-08-03 10:27:38
Link | Citer | R

My guess is just the trash mobs have the relics, copy pasted from dats with some black paint thrown at it
VIP
By Lili 2020-08-03 10:28:34
Link | Citer | R

To keep everybody sane, let's theorycraft the most disappointing update possible. I'll start:

by finishing the quest, you're allowed one single free Dark Matter roll on a single piece of Reisenjima armor of your choice. You must provide the armor.

Your turn.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-03 10:30:28
Link | Citer | R

Lili said: »
To keep everybody sane, let's theorycraft the most disappointing update possible. I'll start:

by finishing the quest, you're allowed one single free Dark Matter roll on a single piece of Reisenjima armor of your choice. You must provide the armor.

Your turn.
The final fights require you to be on a mastered job that also requires you to pay 500 JP to attempt, all for a level 99 DMG:1 dark relic lockstyle piece.
[+]
By Taint 2020-08-03 10:33:17
Link | Citer | R

Your turn.

They skip Emp+2/3 and instead give us Reisenjima+1 gear and we get to start the augmenting process all over again.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-03 10:36:40
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »

Your turn.

They skip Emp+2/3 and instead give us Reisenjima+1 gear and we get to start the augmenting process all over again.
That wouldn't be a disappointment.

That would be a kick to the nuts.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-03 10:44:44
Link | Citer | R

Fashion maven Brygid and her fabulous transgender Galka buddy Raembrinn.

Calling it now. SquareEnix is getting "woke".

In other news, even though it will be buried soon:

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-03 10:57:58
Link | Citer | R

I thought they used Reisenjima armors to show at what current level/progress the player would be at to participate in new scenario. Especially when read with the requirements note.

Quote:
In order to experience The Voracious Resurgence, players must have applied registration codes for Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urhgan, Wings of the Goddess, and Seekers of Adoulin, as well as have cleared the Rhapsodies of Vana’diel scenario.

I don't think they had plans for upgraded Reisenjima armor, but I have been wrong before and they have done this before (Skirmish +1 wiped previous augments)

Anyways, it is quite fitting they used the Galka to be wearing the Nocturnus set and all of the other races are (what appears to be) defending him with relic weapons. Don't want to read into it too much, but I would guess that Galka is a future-version of the shadow-lord in his Galka form and the Gloom Phantom turns out to be an ally to recruit him (Raogrimm from the past, or our current reality) to fend off this new mysterious foe that comes from the eggs, led by various other beastmen.

Yes, I said it, the Goblin and the Galkas, for once, are good guys! I also got a real "Switchstix" vibe from that Gloom Phantom goblin, as if he was a future version of the relic NPC you trade currency to in Castle Zvahl.

Also, nobody I see nobody mentioned anything about Brygid, who is specifically mentioned as a "future fashion maven". If we all remember her questlines, she was able to give all jobs their JSE 50 armor body pieces when you turned in the correct subligaria for your job. So this may be a nod to upgraded empyrean armor in a way, with her "time" being the future. This could mean this scenario is set in the future and she helps the players by crafting them armor versions from the future to help them in this battle against foes who are much stronger, but don't yet exist. I mean, she will grow up eventually, so it makes sense to use her skills now to give you better stuff for a timeline that would be set later on.

I have no idea for the signficance of Meebles in this screenshot, nor the Mandragora. However, Lycopodiums were used in WotG via quests to recall memories of when you previously visited an area so you could "climb" up hills etc. And there have been a couple references to "reborn", "future", and "resurgence", which all suggest time lapses or alternate timelines. So perhaps there will be some travel to the future in some way via these Mandys(Lycopodiums). I thought it was interesting to include them, but thats all I could think of.

Just going to put the wild guess out here now: This questline, with the key players being a "Galka" in SL armor, a dark Goblin (on the side of the players), all races wielding Relic weapons, and fending off the forces of other Beastmen could be the Empyrean + Relic update we have all been waiting for. It will be set in a future reality where this future Gloom Goblin Phantom needs this young Galka's help to resurrect the Shadow Lord and help save the world from the danger of the egg. The Shadow Lord and the Goblin played an integral role in giving players the strength of he Relics originally, so now they are here to power up your weapons for one more final fight! The relics are also darkened because the Goblin has enchanted it with a dark power and it removes its gold lustre.

(Also, just putting my tinfoil cufie on: I am an old school 90s/00s gam2r, and the "Egg" has been used in another old SE title called Saga Frontier 2.

It was mysterious back then and the game never explains a lot about it. It was the first thing I thought about when they showed the picture of the egg. It's not unlike SE to take references from other games and include them somehow here.)

Alright, I am done.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-03 10:58:35
Link | Citer | R

Your turn.

...if they thought the Skirmish+1 gear was a fiasco....imagine ppl losing their Dark Matter augs mwahaha. I love it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-08-03 11:01:12
Link | Citer | R

Stuff is gonna be unlocked through 119+ meeble burrows and moblin maze mongers

And I personally wouldn't mind that at all
[+]
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2020-08-03 11:03:33
Link | Citer | R

Your turn.

That wouldn't be a disappointment.

That would be a kick to the nuts.

That's what they did with Skirmish items. I was so mad that they increased the level after I had spent soooo much money augmenting my nq.

Trying to think of some funny disappointing scenarios gave me some more appreciation to how well this game was written. There are so many possibilities that they could screw up... it blows my mind.

I'll just go with they bring back relic accessories that cost old currency to upgrade to 119 making old Dyna the thing to farm so they have to re-implement the timers again...
 Shiva.Phioness
Serveur: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2020-08-03 11:03:36
Link | Citer | R

I see a backstory for relics and prequal to the Shadowlord. Also the egg is a magicite chamber similar to the ones found on City Missions, probably a magicite chamber that connects to the beastmen regions near Castle Zvahl based un the snowy mountains, beastmen in lower left and towering walls.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-03 11:04:17
Link | Citer | R

Your turn.

Existing R15 Relic weapons can be made "Dark" through completion of the Voracious Resurgence storyline. Upon bathing the weapon in the light of the Dark Sun from a parallel universe, your R15 relic is made Dark and returned to lv75. Final form may be augmented to R20, and unlocks use of Relic WS on other matching weapon types.

RP is earned twice as slow, 1 swart = 5 RP.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2020-08-03 11:11:56
Link | Citer | R

If they put BLU on Dark Excalibur maybe I'll play again
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-03 11:17:15
Link | Citer | R

Just what the game needs, another set of r/e augmented, unstorable, unsellable weapons.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2020-08-03 11:31:47
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
correct subligaria for your job

End of scenario reward is one of 22 JSE subligaria, for the job you won the final battlefield with.
Wearing this subligar is a prerequisite to be able to enter the content that will let us upgrade Empy to +2/3 for that job (like wearing a Brigandine to enter Whitegate palace).
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Serveur: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2020-08-03 11:34:57
Link | Citer | R

Calling it now the other 4 people on the poster are the other reincarnated members of the expedition north from the dynamis cut scenes.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-03 11:38:58
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
correct subligaria for your job

End of scenario reward is one of 22 JSE subligaria, for the job you won the final battlefield with.
Wearing this subligar is a prerequisite to be able to enter the content that will let us upgrade Empy to +2/3 for that job (like wearing a Brigandine to enter Whitegate palace).

The content will be ilvl Expeditionary Force
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-08-03 11:46:13
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Drakelth said: »
Calling it now the other 4 people on the poster are the other reincarnated members of the expedition north from the dynamis cut scenes.
All character models do not match.

The only similarities between the 4 are one from each race.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 17 18 19