The Voracious Resurgence
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 19
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-08-03 11:58:09
Link | Citer | R

This is definitely going to be some A Moogle Coup d'etat-level of content.
[+]
 Odin.Brozzzz
Serveur: Odin
user: Brozzzz
By Odin.Brozzzz 2020-08-03 12:09:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Prospective story spoilers (Ideas):
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-03 12:19:20
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Aquatiq 2020-08-03 12:32:32
Link | Citer | R

Fresh new FastCS ban traps content.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-03 13:13:14
Link | Citer | R

At least it will be level 125+ content so you can't roll it solo with 117 gear and enternity plugin spamming enter though the cutscenes.

Hope it is content that calls back to the feels of taking an alliance of level 30 capped noobies through Promyvion for 4 hours only for primary jobs to "time for dinner. mom says I have to log".

The above statement is me failing at being funny. I'm pretty jaded by this game, about this game. That being said, I'd rather stick my head in the sand and look forward to what could be versus using educated guesses as to what it, in actuality, will be.

Trying to:
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-08-03 14:22:37
Link | Citer | R

All of these worst case scenarios - except for Lili's first one - are pretty good and probably better than we're going to get.
VIP
By Lili 2020-08-03 14:26:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arico said: »
All of these worst case scenarios - except for Lili's first one - are pretty good and probably better than we're going to get.

This means I win the contest!
 Sylph.Snk
Serveur: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2020-08-03 14:36:31
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Personally, i stopped believing them since they first said REM would not be upgraded, and that was at early adoulin.

Oh, they absolutely believed that at the time. They only reversed course because of open revolt from practically the entire playerbase.

Like, they've definitely told some whoppers in the past (customizable UI, anyone?!) but I think they actually believed that one when they said it.

I remember the backlash the devs got from the NA and JP sides of the community was hilarious. Whoever on the dev team at the time thought it was a good idea to make the stuff some people spent years building worthless should have gotten a hard kick to the balls.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-08-03 14:59:25
Link | Citer | R

Yes but it was kinda an understandable idea.

The idea of empowering by doing content (delve at that time) instead of grinding easy content mindlessly.

Then the ilv idea was kinda a lame workaround to make that content more accessible.

Nowaday, ilv concept is utterly useless. None introduces less than Ilv 119 gear and all current gear are way overPowered compared to the original 119. Its more like ilv125 at least.

Could as well just give up this tag.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-03 15:15:06
Link | Citer | R

Nowaday, ilv concept is utterly useless. None introduces less than Ilv 119 gear and all current gear are way overPowered compared to the original 119. Its more like ilv125 at least.

Could as well just give up this tag.

I don't think people understand what the item level gear is for. It's so we can't have over-powered sub-jobs. That is why all the stat-vomit. It's to boost the stats to what we would have (in a vague sense) at 119 if we continued with the stat boosts.

Giving people /59 sub jobs would break so much. I know there are at least a few abilities that won't even work when they are given at /49. That's why item level gear exists. It's not because of some coding tag they can't do or they love augments or doing the juggling of adding ~20 random stats to every item each new item.

Don't ever think, even for a second, that this game will stop gear at 119. I expect 149 before it is all said and done. The timeline for that is easily at least half a decade out, but this game still prints money, and as you can see by this new content... not dead/dying.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-03 15:18:11
Link | Citer | R

The game would've been so much (objectively better / more fun) had they gone the route of actual levels. There's really nothing broken about 120Main/120Sub this is what mobs are.

It is crazy that they keep doubling tripleing octupling down on 119 though. Clearly new 119 is not 119 anymore.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-08-03 15:24:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Clearly new 119 is not 119 anymore.

Much like 999,999,999 gil is not "max" gil anymore (or ever was, to be fair). Hell, a person could have more on one character, d-box'd, or just sitting in their Mog Garden coffer/casket (forget the name atm). They really need to raise that antique limit.

Edit: Not a dig at you or anything personally intended.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-03 15:27:26
Link | Citer | R

That much they've basically already admitted to (garden strongbox)

The "actual" carried amount though sets the hard cap at not being able to raise crafted items above a billion. (which is already insane. hard capping at 100m instead of 1b would've drastically changed the landscape)
 Ragnarok.Tristonx
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Tristonx
By Ragnarok.Tristonx 2020-08-03 16:53:25
Link | Citer | R

The image reminds me a lot of Mag Mell from Frinal Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. With the open egg at the lower left hand corner of the image, or The Lost City of Amdapor in FFXIV. The Blacknarok the gobbie has looks awesome xD.
VIP
By Lili 2020-08-03 17:06:26
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Tristonx said: »
The Blacknarok the gobbie has looks awesome xD.

Ragnagob pls
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-08-03 17:35:22
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Snk said: »
Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Personally, i stopped believing them since they first said REM would not be upgraded, and that was at early adoulin.

Oh, they absolutely believed that at the time. They only reversed course because of open revolt from practically the entire playerbase.

Like, they've definitely told some whoppers in the past (customizable UI, anyone?!) but I think they actually believed that one when they said it.

I remember the backlash the devs got from the NA and JP sides of the community was hilarious. Whoever on the dev team at the time thought it was a good idea to make the stuff some people spent years building worthless should have gotten a hard kick to the balls.

The idea was for us to have nothing to hold us to FFXI and fastrack us all to total completion of goals, so we could move on over to 14. Many years of slow leveling and hard earned gear, then suddenly extreme fast leveling, fast merits, new easy to obtain gear that made all old gear obsolete. Pretty obvious what they were doing given the timing.

Square really messed up the launch of 14 and handling of FFXI after it, I have never hated a game as much as I hated XIV because of how they handled the two games.

It's like having a dog for 10 years that you're really attached to and then your parents getting a new dog and telling you they aren't feeding the old dog anymore cause they can't afford to feed 2.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-08-03 17:52:39
Link | Citer | R

More like, it was a working dog, that was also heavily abused, and whatever income it earned went to the new dog.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-08-03 18:03:52
Link | Citer | R

endxen said: »
That's how entertainment revenue works. Movie/Game A pays for Movie/Game B and so forth.
MMOs are a whole different animal. If they aren't investing in the long term playability of it, then you're losing out on huge future earnings, and continued long term income also. Not all the profits should go back into them, but a little more than "keeping the lights on" is a wise strategy.

MMO's aren't meant to be flavor of the decade sort of games. They are half century investments.

Edit: and SE shot themselves in the foot by trying to make 2 of them in a decade.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-08-03 18:09:07
Link | Citer | R

Idk man, I wouldn't play something knowing that it would be shutdown completely within 10 years. Poof no more profit for other projects.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-08-03 18:21:59
Link | Citer | R

endxen said: »

This gives you an idea of the profit these games have made. Those profits definitely didn't go back into the game they were made from.
Wtf are you arguing over?

All that shows is yes, 1.3B later in profit, probably a wise move to keep investing in that cash cow, single players games are one off purchases, this game has made money for a reason, it has lasting power.

Franchise, continue to sell what works, don't just leech it into oblivion. No one said don't reinvest in other things. Reinvesting some of it into the game is a smart business choice.
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2020-08-03 18:27:29
Link | Citer | R

Before anyone asks, YES the relic weapon skills will still suck but will be a little darker in animation. Thank you and have a good night.

That being said, it was interesting to me that they picked relic weapons that have historically been poor investments outside of collecting to put in the picture. Maybe they are going to try and revive them.....wait, I reread what I just wrote. (Aegis being an exception)
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2020-08-03 18:31:10
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone else think that the egg thing in the picture looks like the crap the magecite was in during the Jeuno mission?
By Felgarr 2020-08-03 18:34:44
Link | Citer | R

I really hope they make one question/mission in this story line, like Eco-warrior or to forcibly group up together with some imposed debuff or restriction.
[+]
By Aerix 2020-08-03 18:59:06
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Snk said: »

On the other hand, the REMA-only mentality prevalent these days has made the game far less accessible to newer players looking to PUG content.
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Serveur: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2020-08-03 19:19:49
Link | Citer | R

Dynamis - Al Zahbi's zone boss can only be fought through an all new co-op Pankration
By Pantafernando 2020-08-03 19:28:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Skyekitty said: »
Does anyone else think that the egg thing in the picture looks like the crap the magecite was in during the Jeuno mission?

TBF my first thought was those huge eggs in Crawlers Nest.
By mynameisgonz 2020-08-03 20:41:24
Link | Citer | R

First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 19