First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19
 Asura.Suteru
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2021-05-20 02:16:44
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
That is why I wait until they are almost complete before I do them. I would completely forget the story if I did them as they came out.

Gotta love how it took so long for WotG to come out that the last fight was designed around 90 cap.
 Bahamut.Arciele
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Spira
By Bahamut.Arciele 2021-05-20 05:46:24
Link | Citer | R

i think WotG was only as long as it was because they alternated between that and nation quests, so you had to wait like 7 months between each part. to be fair they were also chunkier.. but it was nowhere as good as the way they released CoP. didn't drag out too much.

since they said they intend to stretch this to the 20th anniversary, theres still another 12 months of missions to go.
hopefully it picks up. RoV was terrible at the beginning too.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Serveur: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-05-20 10:03:37
Link | Citer | R

This was mentioned in the last broadcast.
By Atticusu 2021-06-10 02:37:18
Link | Citer | R

Didn't break them up by mission but
Talk to Naja for CS
Point behind stone tablet Wajaom Woodlands followed by single enemy fight
Talk to Naja for CS
Imperial Whitegate for CS
Point behind Caedarva Mire tablet followed by multiple enemy fight
Imperial Whitegate for CS

Strange part is at the end Nashmeira has a gift for you, but it showed in log as the same Key Item as in the first part but no actual Key Item is listed or item in inventory
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-10 03:17:20
Link | Citer | R

"Naja the Ambitious"

Speak with Naja Salaheem in AHt Urghan Whitegate I-10.

Travel to Wajaom Woodlands H-13 Click the glowing "Savage Scars" twice to battle the "Returned Soulflayer" 15 minute time limit. Spams a variety of BLU spells. Water Bomb, Zephyr Mantle, Spinal Cleave, Tourbillion, Bloodrake, Pyric Bulwark, Sinker Drill, many more.

Click the "Savage Scars" again for a cutscene and to Obtain Key Item "Lock of Golden Hair".

Return to speak with Naja Salaheem in AHt Urghan Whitegate I-10. You will obtain the Ziamet head/body/hands/legs/feet set. Level 1 lockstyle.

"Raubahn the Blue"

Head to the palace at L-9 Aht Urghan Whitegate and click the gate "Imperial Whitegate" for a cutscene.

You will now travel to Caedarva Mire via the Aht Urgan Runic Portal taking you through Alzaadal Undersea Ruins. The path is take the Nyzul Isle staging point and then head to the H-8 (North East) portal and then the east (will not look lit up until you approach it) tele-pad and then walk straight outside to Hediva Isle @ Caedarva Mire.

Tip: When outdoors here, summon trust team in advance now so your WHM trust gets Protectra V and Shellra V on you early by killing fodder soulflayers on your way. He/She may need the MP as the fights are starting to get a little tougher. Coming up, you will soon be fighting 1x soulflayer and 3x clots with their horrid Fluid Toss move).

Go north east through a slightly hidden path to I-6 and click the "Savage Scars" for a cutscene.

Click the Savage Scars again for a battle against 1x Arisen Soulflayer and 3x Descended Winebibber (small red Clot slime type). 15 minute time limit. Uran-Mafran will assist. He is a BLM. Doesn't engage. Stayed out of range of clot Fluid Toss move so that was nice, but make sure to keep him alive (His HP never dropped once for me, however... but I'm sure him living is likely a requirement). If you plan on using Shantotto II, plan on not having her up long as she dies easily to the AoE water moves with her low HP. Recommend August, Zeid II, Selh'teus, Arciela 1, Apururu (or your healer trust of choice). This took 7~8 minutes so with many people doing it, it is going to gate people if more than one can not be fighting at once. Be kind if you're in line.

Click the Savage Scars again for a cutscene.

Head to the palace at L-9 Aht Urghan Whitegate and click the gate "Imperial Whitegate" for a cutscene.

You will obtain "Lock of Golden Hair" Key Item as a reward, which is an error in the English client only and is a "Known Issue".

I then went to the Hazhalm Testing Grounds and looked around, but found nothing to cause the story to progress. Zoned and returned to Naja and also checked the gate "Imperial Whitegate", but they had nothing for me but Odin/Alexander LV75 avatar battle quests to give me. After game day change, nobody said anything new either and I doubt they would stick a JP Midnight wait on us.

Kind of just checking around places now to see if there is anything I'm missing to progress and if I find something, I will edit this post to reflect it. It was fun writing this up and figuring things out without a guide (this was written before I refreshed the page to see someone kind of ninja'd in a quickie guide before I posted this. >.<

My current Mission in my menu is empty with "No Current Missions" so I guess that's where we're at.

Basically tossing this quote here for credit as I didn't figure out what to do next on my own:

Bahamut.Mischief said: »
Once you complete the new set of Voracious Resurgence missions, talking to Elijah (new NPC in Upper Jeuno near HP1) unlocks three new monthly RoEs. Each one has you going to one of those new peculiar footprint spots near the tablet locations in Wajaom, Caedarva, and Zhayolm, and killing a knockoff Einherjar boss. Completing each one gives you a Silver Voucher (so basically, three new Silver Voucher monthlies).

The footprints in Wajaom spawn "Awoken Hildesvini" (Marid), Zhayolm spawns "Awoken Mokkuralfi" (Flan), and Caedarva spawns "Awoken Vampyr Jarl". All three were pushovers for my RDM, they never even broke Stoneskin.

To add a personal note to the above quote, I went after Awoken Vampyr Jarl first. He pulled the fancy trick of Doom followed by Sleepga II. It is one rare occasion when I die soloing something when it is at 1%, but here we are:

[+]
By Aoibhe 2021-06-10 03:35:40
Link | Citer | R

Someone in linkshell got an Imperial ID tag from the last mission.
[+]
 Asura.Didas
user: hockeyman
By Asura.Didas 2021-06-10 03:36:17
Link | Citer | R

Go back to naja for next cs I think
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-10 03:46:52
Link | Citer | R

Aoibhe said: »

If they had a Nyzul Isla Investigation assault flagged, they wouldn't have been to exit the assault chamber of Nyzul Isle and would have had to return to whitegate to cancel their assault which would have given them back an Imperial ID tag. That's likely the case here.

Due to a glitch in the English client that SE states is a "known issue", the reward you get is based on recent Key Items you've obtained. They likely got a tag while they were in the Assault assignment office.

At this time, it's unsure what the proper reward was supposed to be and how they will implement it for people that get the glitched reward.
By Ruaumoko 2021-06-10 06:17:47
Link | Citer | R

The story is getting very interesting now, can start piecing things together based off existing lore and real-world mythology.

That potential HNM design looks dope as well, spoilered for obvious reasons.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-06-10 10:48:02
Link | Citer | R

Is this the first time a non-beastmen NM has retroactively been given lore or story importance?
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-10 12:24:21
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure if it falls under "retroactively", but before the HNM Ixion was added, SquareEnix teased it in such a way that people were thinking that it was to be added as a new Summoning Avatar.

2008 was a better time for FFXI.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-06-10 12:29:55
Link | Citer | R

That made me feel old that Ixion being added was 13 years ago
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-10 13:37:58
Link | Citer | R

The Voracious Resurgence story needs to head to Tavnazia so we can score these new lockstyles:

[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-06-10 14:37:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Aoibhe said: »

If they had a Nyzul Isla Investigation assault flagged, they wouldn't have been to exit the assault chamber of Nyzul Isle and would have had to return to whitegate to cancel their assault which would have given them back an Imperial ID tag. That's likely the case here.

I also received and Imperial ID tag for the final mission reward. I know for a fact that I already had an ID tag, as I made sure I didn't have any Assaults flagged prior to warping to Nyzul.
A search of my key items shows that I do not have the golden hair KI anywhere.

Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-10 14:45:26
Link | Citer | R

You will obtain "Lock of Golden Hair" Key Item as a reward, which is an error in the English client only and is a "Known Issue".

I got a lock of golden hair. *shrugs* Known Issue. BGWiki guide updated with the discrepancy. Doubt it will be patched before next month, but maybe.
By Rips 2021-06-10 16:25:44
Link | Citer | R

That's the secret reward. The bug: ability to carry an extra Imperial Army I.D. Tag.

Congrats to all!
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-10 18:27:24
Link | Citer | R

So since the reward is glitched and SquareEnix hasn't done a hot-fix yet, people should probably just stop after the first new mission and not complete the second yet?

I don't even know what the reward was supposed to be. Any Japanese client users able to translate? Are there further quests to be completed in the Japanese client? Nashmeira seemed to indicate that we should find out what is going on by speaking to Odin so I'd think that a trip to the Hazhalm Testing Grounds would be in order, but when I went there last night as I was trying to write up the above guide, I didn't see anything to advance the story and I clicked all points clickable.

Speaking to the person in Jeuno wasn't mentioned by anyone in-game, and I would have totally missed it had I not seen it mentioned by the player I quoted above.

SquareEnix does plenty of cliffhangers in this I.V. drip-release pace of story, but the current place feels abrupt and they had talked about "good rewards", but a mercenary outfit lockstyle is kind of bleh.

Edit: According to dat miners, there were only two new quests and personally, my mission log is clear after I am at the point in the current guides.
By Aoibhe 2021-06-11 03:02:07
Link | Citer | R

There was a client update, the KI is now "Mnejing's Receiver"

KI was updated auotomatically, nothing else needed to be done if you had already completed the mission.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-06-11 03:39:18
Link | Citer | R

I remember that "Ixion is come!"
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2021-06-11 05:08:43
Link | Citer | R

The Voracious Resurgence story needs to head to Tavnazia so we can score these new lockstyles:

please don't tempt them to force prishe on me ever again because if they head to tavnazia that useless *** will be in there every the *** where
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-11 07:45:24
Link | Citer | R

There was a 4 file update sometime last night that fixed the KI
By Heck 2021-06-11 08:03:19
Link | Citer | R

The KI is a permanent KI called "Mnejing's Receiver" with a description: "A special device with various Besieged-related messages recorded by Mnejing. Permits the bearer to hear information on beastmen movements.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-11 08:04:48
Link | Citer | R

They officially turned Mnejing into a yell bot.

........So. They can tell the WHOLE SERVER when besieged is. With no chat limitation. But they can only tell 200 where the domain invasion is. Because unity chat is dog turds.

I call ***.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-06-11 08:25:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

........So. They can tell the WHOLE SERVER where and when besieged is. With no chat limitation. But they can only tell 200 where the domain invasion is. Because unity chat is dog turds.

I call ***.

Wait a second... it's tied to Unity Chat? If it is, it's useless since I turn it off 99% of the time. Exception being update day when Trove Monthlies reset...
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-11 08:30:59
Link | Citer | R

That's not what I said lol
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-06-11 08:38:46
Link | Citer | R

I haven't had my coffee yet. lol
[+]
By Taint 2021-06-11 08:41:03
Link | Citer | R

Incoming i119 Besieged could be fun.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-11 10:04:57
Link | Citer | R

........So. They can tell the WHOLE SERVER when besieged is. With no chat limitation. But they can only tell 200 where the domain invasion is. Because unity chat is dog turds.

I call ***.

This is why every single time they give a reason for why they CAN'T do something, take it with a grain of salt. They say "limitations" and then walk it back like "well what ha' happened wuz". They start copping pleas

Exhibit A

we’ve repeatedly replied that adding more inventory space wasn’t possible, so this goal may seem like a contradiction
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Serveur: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-06-11 13:02:12
Link | Citer | R

The frequency of messages this KI is going to send vs all of the DI messages could have something to do with it. Especially for something we can't opt-out of once you get it.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19