First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 17 18 19
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-03-15 10:42:12
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
So to start this mission arc you have to complete rhapsodies.

Why? Ridiculous.

My take is that so they can write the story from the perspective that the NPCs you're talking to actually know who you are, since at this point you've saved their *** 4~5 times over, and not some random adventurer off the street. Also, they won't have to re-re-re-explain a lot of backstory stuff for whatever is coming next.
By RadialArcana 2021-03-15 10:45:02
Link | Citer | R

I just wanted to mess around on an alt, and didn't realize it was locked behind completing Rhaps.

There are quite a few players (especially on smaller servers who only solo) who cannot complete rhapsodies because of the last boss fight, so they can't do this new storyline.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-15 10:49:16
Link | Citer | R

I wouldve said yeah like 3 years ago but it can be done sufficiently with nq/+1 ambu armor

I've done it. Mnk in 5/5 hiza/hiza+1 with selh yoran koru perfectly simple. (counter doesn't help so its not mnk specific)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2021-03-15 12:30:53
Link | Citer | R

endxen said: »
Most of us cleared this solo years ago. If you can't clear it today with the gear creep then something else is the issue.

May depend on job/etc. Either way, coming from one of the smallest servers... I have yet to see anyone actually asking for help on that fight not receive it in short order. So, yeah, requiring RoV really isn't a deal breaker.
By RadialArcana 2021-03-15 12:50:15
Link | Citer | R

I just wanted to mess around on an alt, and didn't realize it was locked behind completing Rhaps.

There are quite a few players (especially on smaller servers who only solo) who cannot complete rhapsodies because of the last boss fight, so they can't do this new storyline.

Most of us cleared this solo years ago. If you can't clear it today with the gear creep then something else is the issue.

It's not about me, it's thinking of returnees or new players who don't even know what ambuscade is and just want to do the new storlines.

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »

May depend on job/etc. Either way, coming from one of the smallest servers... I have yet to see anyone actually asking for help on that fight not receive it in short order. So, yeah, requiring RoV really isn't a deal breaker.

From my experience, there are quite a lot of people who don't ask for help even if they need it. They just accept they will never do it and move on.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-15 12:53:07
Link | Citer | R

That just means they won't complete it, not that they can't. SE doesn't need to cater to those that refuse to finish content simply because they don't really try.
[+]
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-03-15 12:58:42
Link | Citer | R

voracious resurgence is already boringly easy when it comes to battles, even moreso than rhpasodies before final boss

even in sparks gear i can't imagine to be much trouble
By RadialArcana 2021-03-15 13:21:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
That just means they won't complete it, not that they can't. SE doesn't need to cater to those that refuse to finish content simply because they don't really try.

It's a storyline.

It's not about catering to them, it's about putting something stupid in the game. There is no reason it should be locked behind it like this.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-03-15 13:27:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »

It's a storyline.

It's not about catering to them, it's about putting something stupid in the game. There is no reason it should be locked behind it like this.
On one hand, I think there's something to be said about the satisfaction gained from overcoming a difficult challenge.

On the other hand, I also think story shouldn't be gated behind a ridiculous challenge.

On the other-other hand, is it really that difficult? Like, I'm one of those exact people you're describing: someone who came back from a break long before the advent of Item Level without any experience with the new endgame content. But I had no issues with Rhapsodies. I beat the whole storyline with that iLv.117 Sparks gear lol
By RadialArcana 2021-03-15 13:48:06
Link | Citer | R

When I came back I think I had Skirmish gear at 119, and it took me a solid 20+ tries to beat cloud of darkness on thief. It does crazy amounts of damage.

I see people all the time asking for help and they say they failed a bunch of times, I think a part of the problem is people don't know they are supposed to stop attacking during red glow. It still does a lot of damage though.

What job were you? Beating it easily in 117 gear seems a bit crazy to me.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-03-15 13:57:28
Link | Citer | R

What job were you? Beating it easily in 117 gear seems a bit crazy to me.
I went BLU/RDM, gearing my spells towards support and traits towards defense. I also used primarily defensive trusts like Amchuchu, Apururu, and Selh'teus. Granted, the fight took almost the full 30 minutes, but I had little difficulty. No job points, no CDC, barebones merit distribution (from before you could merit everything).

I probably just got lucky. Though I do think going in with a defensive approach helped, considering every guide I see for Blue Mage is "gotta sub /WAR and equip nothing but offense at all times! blraaauuuugggh!!!!"
[+]
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-03-15 13:57:39
Link | Citer | R

CoP was blocked to many players for years before they removed level caps, but the game was much different back then. seems we've gone from one extreme to the other.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-03-15 14:20:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kusare said: »
CoP was blocked to many players for years before they removed level caps, but the game was much different back then. seems we've gone from one extreme to the other.
It was so brutal. Definitely needed a difficulty adjustment. But I do think the level caps were a good idea, because it meant at a certain point you'd have to use skill and strategy rather than just over-leveling your way through the entire story. In a game that used to be about the journey (rather than the destination), it made for good pacing.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-15 15:08:44
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Asura.Kusare said: »
It was so brutal. Definitely needed a difficulty adjustment. But I do think the level caps were a good idea, because it meant at a certain point you'd have to use skill and strategy rather than just over-leveling your way through the entire story. In a game that used to be about the journey (rather than the destination), it made for good pacing.
On the other hand, it rewarded the rich even more who could afford buying expensive gear for a single (or few) fights at a specific level cap. Your DD having a Haubergeon for 60 cap made a notable difference in kill speed, but few people could afford to effectively gear their jobs for both 75 and 30/40/50/60.

This was also back in the day when nearly everyone had only a single 75, and leveling up to even just 40 was a significant task. Several of the CoP missions were strict to the point of nearly excluding several jobs.

Most fights were not easily repeatable, either. Most of them were at the end of long dungeons filled with true sight enemies or required IT kills, so if you lost and had to leave (or just ran out of medicine), you had to do the whole area again. Some of the fights even required special items that were generally Rare, so if you ran out, you had to leave just to farm more.

All these also led to it being nearly impossible to get people who were past it to help, since it's such a massive investment just to attempt a run. Unless you were lucky enough to get a static that both had the right jobs to do all the fights and stayed until the end, that meant you were stuck with pickups, with all the additional pain that entailed.

The missions were hard, but generally not in a good way. Victories felt good, but generally less in a "man, we rock!" way and more of a "wow, it feels good to finally no longer have to deal with this mission", especially if you had to rely on pickups for clears.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-15 15:30:02
Link | Citer | R

You just threw blms at everything back then... None of the fights were really hard but getting to them was a pain.

Rangers, like always, the content cycle > hit from range. RNG only literally had 1 gear option from 1-60(Noct), all the ammo was the sameish and crafable. Easy peasy.

Jank bow some beetle arrows(bloody bolts) and the only gear option possible and you're in. Anything else had a whole spell list or needed real gear.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2021-03-15 17:43:10
Link | Citer | R

CoP was a special time alright. it made me have to level blm to 50 and nin to 60. but i also had to level drk sub for rdm for cs stun for dynamis lord. i had to level whm cuz my ls required it at the time. every aspect of the game had a meta and if you didnt fit in it, tough luck.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-03-15 18:04:18
Link | Citer | R

Back in the day, you had a 6-7 month window to do expansion missions after launch.

If you came in after that there were barely any shouts (and since shouts were zone only you had to live in Lower Jeuno), nobody wanted to help anyone else do them because they were level capped, annoying and they could die. So it was really difficult to progress unless you made a static, and that had all kinds of problems too. I still remember joining a group and it literally taking over 5 hours to fill the party and go do it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-03-15 20:14:46
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
CoP was a special time alright. it made me have to level blm to 50 and nin to 60. but i also had to level drk sub for rdm for cs stun for dynamis lord. i had to level whm cuz my ls required it at the time. every aspect of the game had a meta and if you didnt fit in it, tough luck.

Same here. I leveled BLM, WHM and BRD for Dynamis and CoP stuff. I remember doing CoP right when it came out, it was hard back then, but fun :) and yeah a lot of groups were like that, if you didn't fit into the cookie cutter meta a lot wouldn't take you.
By RadialArcana 2021-03-16 10:35:14
Link | Citer | R

Enternity crashes out on the new missions.
By Saturnn 2021-04-02 05:23:09
Link | Citer | R

1) Speak to Halver in Chateau d'Oraguille (I-9).
2) Speak to Rahal in Chateau d'Oraguille (H-9).
3) Travel to Beaucedine Glacier (H-8) and examine the Ferric Stench [Survival Guide is the fastest route.. This will immediately trigger a fight].
4) Examine the Ferric Stench after killing the NM.
5) Examine the Point of Interest @ (J-6) [This is near the pond leading to Fei'Yin]
6) Enter Fei'Yin for a cutscene
7) You will need a Doll Gizmo in order to proceed to step 8; this drops off of the "Manipulator" NM within Temple of Uggalepih (I-10) - (J-10) per bg wiki
8) Trade the Doll Gizmo to the "Talos" target @ (H-7) on Map 2 for a cutscene.
9) Return to the Point of Interest @ (J-6) in Beaucedine Glacier for a cutscene.
10) Examine the Point of Interest for a battle.
11) Examine the Point of Interest after defeating the NM for a cutscene.
12) Examine Prince Trion's Room within Chateau d'Oraguille (G/H-7) for a cutscene & Reward.

This is where I left off.
[+]
 Siren.Ravian
Serveur: Siren
user: Ravian
By Siren.Ravian 2021-04-02 16:56:23
Link | Citer | R

This still appears to be an issue. Finished Curilla Unleashed, received the rewards and do not get a cutscene from Halver to start the next mission.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
bigboykoalas said: »
Hi Apologies if I'm doing something stupid here but when I get to the Triton fight he yellows out just before the end and disappears which doesn't give me CS with Curilla. Any ideas please

Quote:
A version update was performed on FINAL FANTASY XI at the following time.

[Date & Time]
Mar. 12, 2021 1:02 (PST)
Mar. 12, 2021 9:02 (GMT)

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XI

[Update Details]
The following issue was addressed.

- The quest "Curilla Unleashed" would sometimes fail to progress even if the battle at Bostaunieux Oubliette was won.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
By Atticusu 2021-05-10 03:00:14
Link | Citer | R

First mission
1 Speak to Gumbah
2 Speak to Drangord near Zehrun Mines
3 Zehrun mines large room East side Quadav named spot 2x for fight

Second mission
1 Speak to Iron Eater
2 Zone into Palborough Mines from Gustaberg (HP in didn't trigger, didn't try zoning into Shrine)
3 Spot for fight North from HP outside BC area
[+]
 Bahamut.Arciele
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Spira
By Bahamut.Arciele 2021-05-19 22:06:21
Link | Citer | R

thanks for the guide.
the story is finally beginning to pick up.

too bad they've decided to drip feed the missions to us
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-05-19 22:10:42
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Arciele said: »
too bad they've decided to drip feed the missions to us
That's been the case for every string of missions though, even from the very beginning.

Though I can't speak for Seekers of Adoulin. I wasn't present for that expansion's progress.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-19 22:16:43
Link | Citer | R

They always do missions in batches, but these ones have been much smaller in number, for obvious reasons
By Draylo 2021-05-19 22:56:03
Link | Citer | R

That is why I wait until they are almost complete before I do them. I would completely forget the story if I did them as they came out.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 17 18 19