Election 2020 The Horse Race (Not Misspelled)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Election 2020 the horse race (Not misspelled)
Election 2020 the horse race (Not misspelled)
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 33 34 35
By Prong 2020-07-15 00:07:31
Link | Citer | R

Ugh, edit button please.

I meant to say, I would have not minded him IF he ran in the primaries against Hillary. I think he would have won then and beaten Trump.
 Cerberus.Hideka
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-15 08:13:20
Link | Citer | R

man. let me just say:

IDC Who wins as long as they go after china full force.

this is literally nazi era concentration camp ***. they have them blindfolded, bound, gagged. They've shaved their heads, theyve put them all into the same prisoner uniform and have stripped them of any and all identity and are loading them onto trains to be moved to the nearest re-education facility.

This cannot continue. we MUST do something about this. we MUST rally the worlds nations against this and put an end to it.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-15 08:26:06
Link | Citer | R

its almost like china is the firenation >_>
By volkom 2020-07-15 09:08:39
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
This cannot continue. we MUST do something about this. we MUST rally the worlds nations against this and put an end to it.

seems like a normal country doing normal things to me. how can we get the US to be more like china?
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-15 09:45:41
Link | Citer | R

man. let me just say:

this is literally nazi era concentration camp ***. they have them blindfolded, bound, gagged. They've shaved their heads, theyve put them all into the same prisoner uniform and have stripped them of any and all identity and are loading them onto trains to be moved to the nearest re-education facility.

Remember, our president told Xi Jinping that it was "the right thing to do."
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-15 09:55:37
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
man. let me just say:

Remember, our president told Xi Jinping that it was "the right thing to do."

my dude, the koolaid runs strong.

michael bolton, the man trump fired, CLAIMED, he said those things. Ironically he made those claims literally on the day trump signed into law massive sanctions SPECIFICALLY over the muslim death camps.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-15 09:58:25
Link | Citer | R

This article sums bolton up better than i ever could.

https://politics.theonion.com/bleeding-john-bolton-stumbles-into-capitol-building-cla-1834847900
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-15 15:04:15
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
According to my calculations @kanyewest’s presidential aspirations lasted one full Scaramucci
— Anthony Scaramucci (@Scaramucci) July 15, 2020
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-15 15:08:53
Link | Citer | R

That's...actually funny.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-15 15:13:24
Link | Citer | R

I thought so too. Dude does have a sense of humor!
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-19 21:20:46
Link | Citer | R

Kanye West Rips Harriet Tubman, Goes on Anti-Abortion Rant at First Presidential Rally
Yahoo! entertainment.

He held it in S. Carolina. The registration period there ended last month.

I forget where I read this:
Quote:
There are two kinds of people. Those who think Kanye is seriously running and those who understand recording industry production cycles.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-19 21:29:40
Link | Citer | R

All publicity is good publicity.

If people are talking about you, they're talking about you. If they're bitching about you, they're still talking about you.

#Kanye regardless of the connotation is still advertising Kanye.

Word of mouth is worth much more than an ad.

Watched a video a few days ago that was talking about hate publicity is even better than actual good publicity these days. You get idiots to buy and burn your stuff out of spite you win twice.
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2020-07-20 12:22:46
Link | Citer | R

Kasich to potentially speak at Democratic convention

I'll believe it when I see it, but that's super interesting. Say what you like about John Kasich, he's no liberal.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-20 12:42:33
Link | Citer | R

It’s no secret that certain individuals in the Republican Party are establishment types that are willing to sell out to the enemy in order to win some ephemeral praise and restore the status quo.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-20 12:42:45
Link | Citer | R

I'm surprised they didn't ask Clinton tbh.

I guess they needed somebody from the last election.
Administrator
By Terlet Sangria 2020-07-20 12:54:27
Link | Citer | R

I don't really give a ***about his motivations.

I do find it interesting that a popular GOP former governor from an important EC state with well established conservative bona fides is potentially speaking at the DNC. I mean, that's just wild.

Like, I live in Ohio, I think all this talk about it going blue is fantasy, but people here like Kasich a lot.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-20 13:33:23
Link | Citer | R

inb4 he announces a new book right after the convention. He’s about to have the same level of conservative cred as Mitt Romney.
[+]
Administrator
By Terlet Sangria 2020-07-20 13:43:02
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
conservative cred as Mitt Romney

Genuinely curious. Other than one vote in the Senate, literally one, how is Mitt Romney not conservative?
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2020-07-20 13:50:20
Link | Citer | R

Terlet Sangria said: »

Genuinely curious. Other than one vote in the Senate, literally one, how is Mitt Romney not conservative?
He disagreed with, and is probably richer than, Donald J. Trump. Obvious signs of RINO.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-20 13:55:31
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »
Kasich to potentially speak at Democratic convention

I'll believe it when I see it, but that's super interesting. Say what you like about John Kasich, he's no liberal.
From the viewpoint of someone who remembers the '50s and the '60s neither is most of the democratic party.

Today's democrats are significantly to the right of where BOTH parties were in the mid century. This looks like it may be changing.

I do find it interesting that a popular GOP former governor from an important EC state with well established conservative bona fides is potentially speaking at the DNC. I mean, that's just wild.

Like, I live in Ohio, I think all this talk about it going blue is fantasy, but people here like Kasich a lot.
Far more important is what they think of Trump.

I mean this election is going to be a referendum on Trump. If Kasich can swing more people away from Trump I am all for it.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2020-07-20 13:57:55
Link | Citer | R

I actually liked Kasich, I forget why.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-20 13:58:13
Link | Citer | R

What do you mean “literally one”? Romney has broken with the party on other occasions. It’s not like his voting record is secret, so look it up. Beyond that, “cred” is not based solely on votes. If you pander to Democrats in public then that’s how people will perceive you even if you vote with Republicans.
[+]
Administrator
By Cruz Missive 2020-07-20 14:06:15
Link | Citer | R

What do you mean “literally one”? Romney has broken with the party on other occasions. It’s not like his voting record is secret, so look it up. Beyond that, “cred” is not based solely on votes. If you pander to Democrats in public then that’s how people will perceive you even if you vote with Republicans.

I know his record; I volunteered on his governor's campaign. Is the new thing that you must be 100% party line all the time now? Because I remember the GOP being the party of ideas and debate, and the left being the side that required unbreakable orthodoxy.

(Just kidding, both sides do that now, it seems.)

And yes, one vote, because no one was excommunicating him until then, and now he's a leper. Does alienating anyone who isn't completely in line with the Maximum Leader seem like a good plan to you? I mean it's worked wonders for the Democrats, so I can see why it'd be an enticing idea
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-20 14:15:06
Link | Citer | R

Cruz Missive said: »

I know his record; I volunteered on his governor's campaign. Is the new thing that you must be 100% party line all the time now? Because I remember the GOP being the party of ideas and debate, and the left being the side that required unbreakable orthodoxy.

(Just kidding, both sides do that now, it seems.)

And yes, one vote, because no one was excommunicating him until then, and now he's a leper. Does alienating anyone who isn't completely in line with the Maximum Leader seem like a good plan to you? I mean it's worked wonders for the Democrats, so I can see why it'd be an enticing idea

You’re missing the point. Romney’s conservative cred has always been in question, unless you’re forgetting his entire presidential campaign. Whether he is or isn’t conservative is just one element of his cred (which I don’t determine btw, so asking me to refute it is pointless). Public perception is what ultimately drives that, and the dude has always been a panderer. If Kasich starts walking that same line, he’ll end up in the same boat.
[+]
Administrator
By Terlet Sangria 2020-07-20 14:22:01
Link | Citer | R

We remember that campaign differently then, since that's the first I've heard of him pandering.

Truly, I'm not doubting your recollection, but it seems wild to me, because I think the majority opinion on Romney is that he's got his principles and sticks to them. The truth of the matter is probably that he does, and it's just those principles don't align entirely with the current Republican orthodoxy.
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2020-07-20 14:26:29
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Far more important is what they think of Trump.

I mean this election is going to be a referendum on Trump. If Kasich can swing more people away from Trump I am all for it.

Trump won Ohio by eight points in 2016. That said, a lot's changed since then. But our governor has been reasonably solid on covid related matters, and our numbers haven't been awful, which absolutely helps Trump.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-20 15:06:12
Link | Citer | R

We remember that campaign differently then, since that's the first I've heard of him pandering.

Truly, I'm not doubting your recollection, but it seems wild to me, because I think the majority opinion on Romney is that he's got his principles and sticks to them. The truth of the matter is probably that he does, and it's just those principles don't align entirely with the current Republican orthodoxy.

Yeah, I have no problem with you disagreeing with the analysis, but Romney being a panderer was a huge talking point. Here are some examples from multiple perspectives:

From the Right in 2011:
Newt Gingrich vs. Mitt Romney -- Has It Really Come Down to This?

From the Libertarians in 2011:
Romney for Panderer‐​in‐​Chief?

From the Left in 2011/2012:
Mitt Romney, the World’s Worst Panderer
Cheesy Grits, Y’all: In Defense of Mitt Romney’s Political Pandering
[+]
Administrator
By Cruz Missive 2020-07-20 15:09:05
Link | Citer | R

Wild. Being in MA gave me a completely different perspective on him, I guess (though by the presidential run, I had already moved to TN, but the perception must have stuck).
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-07-20 15:27:35
Link | Citer | R

Wild. Being in MA gave me a completely different perspective on him, I guess (though by the presidential run, I had already moved to TN, but the perception must have stuck).
TBF, I didn't like him in MA when I had friends there way back then. I wasn't happy he ran for President, never wanted him there, I didn't vote for anyone that year because of him.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-20 16:00:01
Link | Citer | R

Is the new thing that you must be 100% party line all the time now?
Yes. Note the term RINO.

Quote:
I remember the GOP being the party of ideas and debate, and the left being the side that required unbreakable orthodoxy.
I remember when both parties had liberals and conservatives.

In MA Romney had to run to the center.

He isn't a panderer, he is more of a weathervane. I was surprised to learn that he actually had a principal or two.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 33 34 35