Election 2020 The Horse Race (Not Misspelled)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Election 2020 the horse race (Not misspelled)
Election 2020 the horse race (Not misspelled)
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 33 34 35
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-07-20 16:22:41
Link | Citer | R

Wait, why are we even talking about that guy, is he running this election or somehow we picked him out for some reason?
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Cruz Missive 2020-07-20 16:30:28
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Wait, why are we even talking about that guy, is he running this election or somehow we picked him out for some reason?

I brought up the Kasich potentially speaking at the DNC news item, Rav compared him to Romney, and off it went.
By Viciouss 2020-07-20 16:36:52
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »
Kasich to potentially speak at Democratic convention

I'll believe it when I see it, but that's super interesting. Say what you like about John Kasich, he's no liberal.

A Republican governor speaking at the DNC is a bonkers move. Its certainly bad news for Trump, as he continues his spiral. Biden doesn't need Ohio, but Trump can't lose it. I certainly don't think its going to be an 8 point margin this time around..unless its going for Biden.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-07-20 16:38:29
Link | Citer | R

Cruz Missive said: »
Kasich

That the dude that was Governor and tried to sell a senator seat?
Administrator
By Cruz Missive 2020-07-20 16:39:37
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Kasich to potentially speak at Democratic convention

I'll believe it when I see it, but that's super interesting. Say what you like about John Kasich, he's no liberal.

A Republican governor speaking at the DNC is a bonkers move. Its certainly bad news for Trump, as he continues his spiral. Biden doesn't need Ohio, but Trump can't lose it. I certainly don't think its going to be an 8 point margin this time around..unless its going for Biden.

Eh, I agree on it being wild, and it's certainly not good news for Trump, but I really think it's mostly a nothingburger. The only OH governor Trump should care about is the sitting one, because Ohio's been mostly fine through COVID-19 because of him. That, more than anything, is what's going to matter going into November.

There is no way Biden is winning this state by 8 points. If he wins it, it's going to be close, but I still expect it to stay red (though not by eight points this time).
[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2020-07-20 16:40:38
Link | Citer | R

You're thinking of Blagojevich, and he was from Illinois.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-07-20 16:43:21
Link | Citer | R

Ahhh, all those states kind of blend together to me >_>

Hmmm, how to be contributive to this thread....

So I heard, from the media, that Kanye had an exciting weekend.
Administrator
By Terlet Sangria 2020-07-20 16:47:24
Link | Citer | R

That man needs the people who care about him to do something. This is hard to watch.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-07-20 16:53:48
Link | Citer | R

Terlet Sangria said: »

That man needs the people who care about him to do something. This is hard to watch.
It's hard to watch Biden too, sometimes. Sometimes he still has it. Looks like all cylinders are still running. Then sometimes....it's not great.... to be nice about it. I feel bad insulting someone over their age. I just worry about him.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-20 18:10:57
Link | Citer | R

Ahhh, all those states kind of blend together to me >_>

Hmmm, how to be contributive to this thread....

But Blago the bago is a democrat. If you can't remember the names of big fat fail dems the right wingers will laugh at you and give you wedgies.

Kanye... his friends should stage an intervention*. With the press invited. He really needs to see that he can get publicity without shooting himself in the foot.

*Oooo...!! Do it on keeping up with the Kardashians!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-20 18:16:15
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
But Blago the bago is a democrat. If you can't remember the names of big fat fail dems the right wingers will laugh at you and give you wedgies.

Well, that's how it was back in the day, but now the list is far too long to memorize.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-20 18:45:58
Link | Citer | R

Not of the ones who went to prison.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-20 19:37:20
Link | Citer | R

Not of the ones who went to prison.
You mean the ones who were caught, right? There is a lot of dems who should go to prison....
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-21 00:15:22
Link | Citer | R

Terlet Sangria said: »
I don't really give a ***about his motivations.

I do find it interesting that a popular GOP former governor from an important EC state with well established conservative bona fides is potentially speaking at the DNC. I mean, that's just wild.

Like, I live in Ohio, I think all this talk about it going blue is fantasy, but people here like Kasich a lot.

Only thing I recall (being I live in Ohio as well) that people high-fived Kasich about was being responsible for the country's financial turn around during the Clinton administration (being the head of the House Budget Committee) which of course Clinton will be forever and incorrectly credited for. Kasich really took a popularity hit here when he couldn't let go of the fact he lost his primary bid to Trump and just kept taking shots at Trump in the press.

And, again, that's not a showing of how much Ohioans loved Trump, it's a showing of how much we loathed Hillary Clinton.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-07-21 09:26:42
Link | Citer | R

Kanye... his friends should stage an intervention*. With the press invited. He really needs to see that he can get publicity without shooting himself in the foot.
I think they should let him keep going.

By Viciouss 2020-07-21 10:34:24
Link | Citer | R

Since we are on Ohio, the FBI just arrested the sitting Speaker of the House of Ohio on charges of bribery. During an election season, have fun with that one guys.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-21 10:36:21
Link | Citer | R

Since we are on Ohio, the FBI just arrested the sitting Speaker of the House of Ohio on charges of bribery. During an election season, have fun with that one guys.
Well, let's wait and see.

Bribery charges are serious business. But let's at least see the facts before we press judgement.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-07-21 10:38:00
Link | Citer | R

Nope! It's Kanye Time!

[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-07-21 10:38:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Bribery charges are serious business. But let's at least see the facts before we press judgement.
Nope! Believe all allegations! There is none of that Innocent until proven guilty here! That's the SYSTEM MAN!!!
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-21 10:41:39
Link | Citer | R

I'm counting on Rooks to update us with the local buzz since he lives there.
Administrator
By Terlet Sangria 2020-07-21 10:45:56
Link | Citer | R

I'm counting on Rooks to update us with the local buzz since he lives there.

So does Prong, iirc.

This guy's been shady for years, but I'm legit surprised they actually arrested him. The case against him must be an absolute lock.

That said, I'm waiting for details before I make any judgments about it, but arresting a sitting Speaker is not something you do on a whim. I'd be real surprised if this turns out to be nothing.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-21 10:58:05
Link | Citer | R

Ohio lawmakers arrested on bribery charges

Quote:
The FBI arrested Ohio House Speaker Larry Householder (R) Tuesday morning on bribery charges that are set to be announced this afternoon, according to multiple reports.

The Columbus Dispatch reported that Householder was arrested in connection with a $60 million bribery scheme along with four others: former state Republican Party Chairman Matt Borges, Householder aide Jeff Longstreth and two lobbyists.

They are having a press conference in a few hours to talk about the case.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-21 10:59:07
Link | Citer | R

And just like what has happened with #metoo, you'll have politicians gloating about it that are guilty of crimes that haven't been brought to light yet.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-21 11:01:41
Link | Citer | R

I hate to be that guy (totally don't hate to be that guy), but didn't they arrest him for doing exactly what Obama did in 2009?

Solyndra anyone?
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2020-07-21 11:09:02
Link | Citer | R

I hate to be that guy (totally don't hate to be that guy), but didn't they arrest him for doing exactly what Obama did in 2009?

Solyndra anyone?
Obama was president in 2009, not illegal if the president does it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-21 11:11:31
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »

Solyndra anyone?
Article II of the US Constitution says hi btw.

I mean, seriously Kojo, we (figuratively, as in the nation as a whole) had this conversation less than 6 months ago!
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-21 11:16:18
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if the Ohio legislature is in session, I would assume it's not, considering the Speaker was at a farmhouse in the middle of the day, but when do they return? Next year most likely? I guess he has some time to figure out his exit.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-21 11:20:12
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if the Ohio legislature is in session, I would assume it's not, considering the Speaker was at a farmhouse in the middle of the day, but when do they return?
Depends.

The Ohio Senate is currently in session, while the House isn't slated to meet until September.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2020-07-21 11:21:28
Link | Citer | R

Solyndra anyone?

I mean, seriously Kojo, we (figuratively, as in the nation as a whole) had this conversation less than 6 months ago!
That's F A K E N E W S
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-21 11:23:44
Link | Citer | R

Solyndra anyone?

That's F A K E N E W S
It's referred to now as "sources unsubstantiated by facts" now Kojo.

Get it right!

Besides, I sourced the original document. Can't get any faker than that!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 33 34 35