Election 2020 The Horse Race (Not Misspelled)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Election 2020 the horse race (Not misspelled)
Election 2020 the horse race (Not misspelled)
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 33 34 35
 Cerberus.Hideka
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-06 16:14:45
Link | Citer | R

Hank Johnson - the number one proud owner of 'dumbest politician on the planet'.
By Viciouss 2020-07-06 16:14:54
Link | Citer | R

Or it could be because DC isn't a state...
Administrator
Serveur: Exodus
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Putin On'the'ritz 2020-07-06 16:16:21
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
Hank Johnson - the number one proud owner of 'dumbest politician on the planet'.

How long is he gonna hold that title though? There's QAnon people winning primaries!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-06 16:17:46
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
I question the validity of that map solely because Mosin lives in South Dakota and he is enough to drag that average down by double digits!
Poor Mosin....
By Viciouss 2020-07-06 16:23:00
Link | Citer | R

Eh he is used to it! He is probably playing Brigandine and doesn't have time for us.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-06 16:27:03
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »
I was actually looking stuff back up to post in the covid thread, just so you'd shut up about it.

so another "i would counter your points BUUUUUUUUT"?
can you not see how bad of an argument that is?

This, you may have noticed, is not the covid thread, and I was in the middle of a discussion.

Yep, i'm aware. so was i. then you came and stuck your *** in it with a 'when have you ever admitted you were wrong' comment. critiquing my behavior. you opened the door for this, and now that its open, your trying to close it. do you not see the issue?

I don't owe you a *** thing in any case, though, so if you're going to be an *** about it I'm not sure why I should bother.

I never said you did. i appealed to you SEVERAL times to defend your stance, at least four to five times, across SEVERAL avenues. i'm not being an *** about it. you accused me of spreading misinformation, and falsehoods about covid, and then waved a threat banning in my face for it. you have to ask yourself - Who was the *** first? i didnt come to you asking sarcastic remarks. i didnt run away from the conversation like a coward when someone knocked down almost all of those sarcastic remarks. Now your acting like "help help, hes being an ***" after taking a swipe at me because i took a swipe back

And I didn't "take a swipe" at you. I pointed out that your take didn't jive with my lived experience in multiple cities and regions of the country, so claiming it was universal thing was suspect. I sure as hell used less harsh language than you did./quote]

no you abolutely did.

I'm sorry, but when was the last time anyone here, on either side, did that. When have you ever done it? Like, it's fine to get mad about it but not fine to pretend you aren't exactly the same.

demonstrated previously i'm perfectly willing to admit when im wrong

Citation needed.

But i already did cite it for you baby. gave you a nice quote and everything.

but why not source my claim?

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/33470/the-sealed-dagger-a-ninja-guide/182#3508324

Asura.Eiryl said: »
This is a constructive conversation for a guide thread, please continue

no i agree, you're right. i shouldn't have let it go this far - particularly not when my only goal here was to find some higher education on the topics i was curious on. should have just blocked him weeks ago.

i apologize to everyone involved. i'll end it here.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-06 16:28:53
Link | Citer | R

Cruz Missive said: »
Wyoming (578k) isn't even a midsized city, but they get three electoral votes.
To be fair, they get the minimum number of votes for the minimum number of representatives (1 House, 2 Senate).
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-06 16:29:51
Link | Citer | R

Putin On'the'ritz said: »
I'm sorry, but when was the last time anyone here, on either side, did that.
I admit I'm wrong when I am.

I'm not vain....
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
By Terlet Sangria 2020-07-06 16:36:51
Link | Citer | R

I missed the bit in the NIN guide.

Minus points for it not being about politics, but it'll do. Bonus points for saying it to Eiryl, who you clearly loathe.

across SEVERAL avenues
i'm not being an *** about it.

You don't think bringing it up in multiple threads is being an *** about it?

waved a threat banning in my face

If I wanted to ban you, I would have just banned you. I've nuked people for a lot less ***than you've given me. My stance on public health misinformation is pretty well known, and it's not flexible. You were posting things directly in contradiction with the current science and I said to knock it off. I didn't get aggro about it until you did.

help help, hes being an ***

Who exactly are you picturing me saying this to?

What? I said I was looking back up the stuff to link, the hassle of doing that again is why I didn't retype everything in the first place. It was a *** concession, for Christ's sake. YOU WON.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-06 16:38:21
Link | Citer | R

Terlet Sangria said: »
YOU WON.
Thank you, where's my trophy?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-06 16:40:50
Link | Citer | R

Better yet, you should make a participation trophy badge for the P&R posters!
[+]
Administrator
By Cruz Missive 2020-07-06 16:41:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

No more code for P+R.

(well, almost. I wrote something yesterday that'll go in once Scragg applies my mountain of PRs).
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-06 16:50:59
Link | Citer | R

I missed the bit in the NIN guide.

Minus points for it not being about politics, but it'll do. Bonus points for saying it to Eiryl, who you clearly loathe.

i dont loathe him at all - i think hes got his facts wrong in some places, and dislike some of his more..... edgy stances. i've said it previously that i want to find common ground rather than just arguing.

across SEVERAL avenues
i'm not being an *** about it.

You don't think bringing it up in multiple threads is being an *** about it?

possibly... yes. yes its definitely annoying but that was ultimately my point. you basically ran up and slapped me in the face, and then stripped me of my ability to discuss that slap in the face, and then refused to engage on it.

waved a threat banning in my face

If I wanted to ban you, I would have just banned you. I've nuked people for a lot less ***than you've given me. My stance on public health misinformation is pretty well known, and it's not flexible. You were posting things directly in contradiction with the current science and I said to knock it off. I didn't get aggro about it until you did.

again the veracity of your statments is extremely debatable. you made several arguments about things like ventilators and PPE that were provable falsehoods, and many more that have little to no factual basis. this isnt the covid thread obviously but we can have this discussion if you want.

help help, hes being an ***

Who exactly are you picturing me saying this to?

nobody in general; just an observation.

What? I said I was looking back up the stuff to link, the hassle of doing that again is why I didn't retype everything in the first place. It was a *** concession, for Christ's sake. YOU WON.

my goal was never winning. my goal was discourse. you made a claim that i was spreading fake info, and i take that seriously. i avoid it as much as i can. my goal was to get to the truth, or as close to it as possible- not to start a pissing contest or slap fight.
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2020-07-06 16:56:49
Link | Citer | R

stripped me of my ability to discuss that slap in the face

I didn't ban you, so no, I did not strip you of anything. I locked that thread and told you to go back to the other one. 2-3 P+R threads is critical mass, and we already had a covid thread. My mistake there was engaging in the second thread in the first place instead of just shutting it down immediately. Mea culpa.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-06 16:57:44
Link | Citer | R

No more code for P+R.

(well, almost. I wrote something yesterday that'll go in once Scragg applies my mountain of PRs).

Just send us physical trophies then!
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-06 17:00:20
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

No more code for P+R.

I will also accept snacks.
[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2020-07-06 17:01:00
Link | Citer | R

You will definitely not like the thing I actually wrote.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-06 17:07:09
Link | Citer | R

You will definitely not like the thing I actually wrote.

So... no snacks?

[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-06 17:31:17
Link | Citer | R

I guess I will have to go make my own snacks..*** Rooks interfering with my laziness...
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-06 17:41:25
Link | Citer | R

lol, there are currently zero states "trying to delete the electoral college."
sorry but you're wrong - several states have already tried to implement state laws assigning electoral college votes based on the popular vote - which renders the EC moot.
I hate to break this news to you.

Electoral college votes, save in a few states, is a popular vote winner takes all.

Now what was your objection again?

P. S. The speed limit on that section of the Seattle freeway is 55 WHEN IT IS OPEN. It was closed.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-06 17:42:50
Link | Citer | R

Putin On'the'ritz said: »
not once have you ever acknowledged you were wrong
I'm sorry, but when was the last time anyone here, on either side, did that. When have you ever done it? ...
I did at least once. I should have bookmarked it but I thought it unimportant.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-06 17:46:29
Link | Citer | R

Wyoming (578k) isn't even a midsized city, but they get three electoral votes. California (39M) gets 65. You can see the disparity.
No, this one makes sense. Each state gets electors based on their number of senators plus their number of congressional districts. Three is the bare minimum for a state.
it makes sense when you consider most people in the cities consider rual areas like that to be nothing but a cabal of effectively nothing more than 'racist sister *** drooling retards'. do you want people who think that about you having absolute control over your life legally? i sure wouldnt.
I'm sorry, they don't do sisters in Wyoming. They do horses and sheep. And you don't have to be a "drooling retard" to do horses and sheep, just a pervert.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-06 17:56:10
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
lol, there are currently zero states "trying to delete the electoral college."
sorry but you're wrong - several states have already tried to implement state laws assigning electoral college votes based on the popular vote - which renders the EC moot.
I hate to break this news to you.

Electoral college votes, save in a few states, is a popular vote winner takes all.

Now what was your objection again?

P. S. The speed limit on that section of the Seattle freeway is 55 WHEN IT IS OPEN. It was closed.

Oh well clearly you dont understand the distinction between winner takes all and national popular vote. allow me to educate you.

in a winner take all situation, for example in ohio, if 49% of ohio votes blue and 51$ votes red, 100% of the electoral votes goes to the red vote candidate.

in a national popular vote, even if 100% of the state voted red, if 51% of the country voted blue, those red votes would be cast for the blue candidate. it quite literally nullifies the balancing force of the electoral college.

one is statewide, the other is nation wide. i can accept statewide. i cant accept nation wide.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-06 17:59:06
Link | Citer | R

we were clearly talking about the national popular vote push since most states already have winner takes all laws.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-09 12:37:26
Link | Citer | R

we were clearly talking about the national popular vote push since most states already have winner takes all laws.

Really don't see why people think it's even remotely possible to alter or change the Electoral College without an Constitutional Amendment.

The Constitution outlines exactly how the US President is elected, Congress can't go around rewriting that. States themselves have extremely limited control insomuch as it's 100% internal. Something like a National Popular Vote law as a State law would be rules Unconstitutional so far it would make people's heads spin. That's up there with nullifying a Jury's findings through a popular vote.

The votes from California can not change the votes in Virginia, Ohio or Texas. Each State is separate from the rest in this regard. The voting system put in place by the Constitution was done so as a compromise between big and small states. The Democrats trying to elect themselves into permanent power just smacks of all sorts of corruption here.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-14 16:02:54
Link | Citer | R

Biden's out there with a new green deal today.

https://joebiden.com/clean-energy/

Quote:
Build a Modern Infrastructure
Position the U.S. Auto Industry to Win the 21st Century with technology invented in America
Achieve a Carbon Pollution-Free Power Sector by 2035
Make Dramatic Investments in Energy Efficiency in Buildings, including Completing 4 Million Retrofits and Building 1.5 Million New Affordable Homes
Pursue a Historic Investment in Clean Energy Innovation
Advance Sustainable Agriculture and Conservation
Secure Environmental Justice and Equitable Economy Opportunity

It's all good stuff that we should want. Idealistic and expensive is the only take away I'm sure. As if it's better to put 2 trillion into new aircraft carriers instead.

Roads rails internet emissions "good" jobs housing
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-14 16:18:07
Link | Citer | R

And people still say that Biden is a centralist.

He may had some centralist votes when he was a Senator, but that was decades ago. He has turned so far left that Stalin is now accusing him of plagiarism.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-14 17:13:22
Link | Citer | R

He may had some centralist votes when he was a Senator, but that was decades ago. He has turned so far left that Stalin is now accusing him of plagiarism.

Well to be fair he's just a puppet anyway, so it shouldn't surprise anyone his "views" are those of whomever is in control of the Democrat party.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-14 18:03:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Well to be fair he's just a puppet anyway, so it shouldn't surprise anyone his "views" are those of whomever is in control of the Democrat party.
To be perfectly fair most any politician's views should align to what will get the most votes.

These are transformative times. People's views are changing. What was radical for either party is now accepted doctrine.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Prong 2020-07-15 00:05:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »

Right. To be honest, I honestly didn't mind Biden when he ran in the primary against Hillary. I may have even, at that time, preferred him over Trump, being I was never a Donald Trump (as a man) fan in the first place. But, that was back when Biden had a spine.

Now, he's this feeble, inarticulate literal puppet who just has become the worst waffler I've seen since, well, Hillary Clinton. I'm just waiting for him to bust a jar of hot sauce out of his coat pocket the next time he's on an all-black hosted radio talk show.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 33 34 35