The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 181 182 183 ... 254 255 256
 Bismarck.Gippali
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2020-04-29 11:49:54
Link | Citer | R

I would encourage you to do your own testing through spreadsheets, parsing, and sims if you feel there is something wrong within the guide. It’s something I do often, mainly because I like to fart around with Nagi. Langly has put a ton of work into the guide and is someone that is generally open to suggestions and positive criticism, just need to provide backing for it.

@Capu: Make the damn Nagi already and enjoy that blue glow son!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-29 11:52:57
Link | Citer | R

iirc the sets are designed with the player attack capped.

Quote:
E.G. i dont want to go sinking ~200M on kenda gear if its not actually the best thing to use.

Even IF it isn't the best option to use for WS, its the best option to use for meva/tp/MA/crit/acc/racc/subtle blow combined, which more than makes up for the price point. So that line of reasoning is flawed anyways.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2020-04-29 11:58:30
Link | Citer | R

I always assume attack capped and acc capped. I even made a fun graph in this thread sometime ago.

Because: the top performers usually stay the top performers until you get to a break point that usually exists only because we say it does (like non-existent buffs, no trusts, etc).

I didn't personally enjoy the thought of a guide that already has a big division of tp sets based on haste received and attainability to also have another set of sets for when your accuracy is below a certain point or your attack is starving. *shrugs*

There's always room for more nin guides if that's something people really need.
By SimonSes 2020-04-29 12:07:19
Link | Citer | R

Unless someone who tested that was wrong, Shun has massive attack bonus. 100% at 2000PT and 200% at 3000TP. With moonshade, Heishi and tp overflow you should be at +100% attack very often, so your WS attack will be capped even if you are normally not.

With any mediocre buffs/debuffs putting you at least on 2+ pdif I would actually go with something like this (but I dont have any numbers to back this. I dont have time to calculate anything now. Just throwing it for people who are willing to try it out):

ItemSet 372635
 Cerberus.Hideka
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-04-29 12:10:21
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Quote:
E.G. i dont want to go sinking ~200M on kenda gear if its not actually the best thing to use.

Even IF it isn't the best option to use for WS, its the best option to use for meva/tp/MA/crit/acc/racc/subtle blow combined, which more than makes up for the price point. So that line of reasoning is flawed anyways.

id disagree that its flawed: Apart from blade shun - he only lists one piece of kendatsuba gear, for any of the melee/weaponskill options, and thats the body only.

He does list it out as a set for MEVA, but even then i have to wonder if full malignance would serve as a better option for full MEVA since it provides far more MEVA/DT/STP, and virtually no ACC/RACC difference - as logically any time your worried about MEVA, you would also be worried about having shadows stripped, which would also mean you need to worry about DT yea?

its not that i cant/dont want to/wont spend money on the set - i've already spent probably two billion on gearing redmage out; i just dont want to spend that kind of money on something that i dont know for sure is the best thing to use is all.
By SimonSes 2020-04-29 12:16:20
Link | Citer | R

Also unless you have some massive DM augments on RDM, your Savage Blade wont be in 50k avg range on anything that takes neutral damage. You are also a little crazy thinking RDM with Naegling/Thibron can keep up with any top DD jobs when equally buffed.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2020-04-29 12:22:56
Link | Citer | R

The MEva set is another one of those sets with a date from 2016.

As unpopular as a set was around then (for most) I included it and thusly did not update it with recent additions. Malignance is a fantastic magic evasion (and DT- set).

The utility sets should be revisited. Thank you for the reminder.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-04-29 12:30:14
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Also unless you have some massive DM augments on RDM, your Savage Blade wont be in 50k avg range on anything that takes neutral damage. You are also a little crazy thinking RDM with Naegling/Thibron can keep up with any top DD jobs when equally buffed.

i mean im not trying to exaggerate. if you want i can get some screens.

This is what i use for it today;

ItemSet 372636

Feet are 12 STR 8 WSD, and the Body is 10 STR 10 WSD. ive had better performance under full buffs with the body vs the Vitation body, but the vitation is more reliable when not being buffed
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-04-29 12:34:10
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
i've already spent probably two billion on gearing redmage out; i just dont want to spend that kind of money on something that i dont know for sure is the best thing to use is all.
in just a few short months.

Vize... is that you? You sly old devil how are things.
By SimonSes 2020-04-29 12:34:43
Link | Citer | R

i can get some screens.

Just tell me on which mobs you do it.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-04-29 12:36:46
Link | Citer | R

i can get some screens.

like reisen and omen bosses? Yea im not hitting a helm that hard for sure. E.G. last night i was doing Neak/Stoph/Maju with my friends. i was easily able to top 50k there using a bard and a geo.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-04-29 12:42:59
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
i've already spent probably two billion on gearing redmage out; i just dont want to spend that kind of money on something that i dont know for sure is the best thing to use is all.
in just a few short months.

Vize... is that you? You sly old devil how are things.

dude, i dont even know who that is. I swear if you keep this up i'm going to have to ask you to buy me dinner.
By SimonSes 2020-04-29 13:02:02
Link | Citer | R

i can get some screens.

like reisen and omen bosses? Yea im not hitting a helm that hard for sure. E.G. last night i was doing Neak/Stoph/Maju with my friends. i was easily able to top 50k there using a bard and a geo.

WS damage in Reisen is generally higher because of buffs in zone. I do 50k Expiacion there very often too, while in neutral zone its several k less.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-04-29 13:20:29
Link | Citer | R

oh, then our issue is simply that were not using the same standard. I honestly cant think of what i do outside of those zones. im not allowed to DD in dyna D since im running a full alliance haste/debuff cycle at all times, which is the only thing i can realy think of that would challenge me enough to even use brd/cor. odysseys out since thats Sanguine blade for days.

any idea of a content outside of escha i should go test on when i get my friends back on? I know for sure in omen my average is 50k in a full buff setting to a handful of the bosses that dont have any janky DT mechanics.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-04-29 13:23:18
Link | Citer | R

its not that i cant/dont want to/wont spend money on the set - i've already spent probably two billion on gearing redmage out; i just dont want to spend that kind of money on something that i dont know for sure is the best thing to use is all.

I know the guide doesn't reflect this, but it's the best general use TP set you're gonna find for NIN. The combination of Racc for Daken, meva and MA are too good. It may not beat Adhemar etc on a spreadsheet vs trash mobs, but in real world usage, on real targets, under most common buffs, full Kenta is usually what you'll want to go with.

Anything you get out of the set on Shun is pure bonus.

So yeah sorry, if you want to play NIN, even semi-seriously, it's kind of a must-buy.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-29 13:48:22
Link | Citer | R

Hideka I don't know what's going on with you, you're all over the place. You came in asking for advice, then when people made salient points, you started deflecting into non sequitur topics like red mage and how much money you've spent and damage you do etc. If you're looking for one of the best multipurpose pieces, then go for su3. It's really that simple. If you don't, then don't. It clearly has a huge use in ninja sets. But it sounds like you just kind of want to brag, and nobody cares at all
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-04-29 14:21:19
Link | Citer | R

Hideka I don't know what's going on with you, you're all over the place. You came in asking for advice, then when people made salient points, you started deflecting into non sequitur topics like red mage and how much money you've spent and damage you do etc. If you're looking for one of the best multipurpose pieces, then go for su3. It's really that simple. If you don't, then don't. It clearly has a huge use in ninja sets. But it sounds like you just kind of want to brag, and nobody cares at all

Well, probably because when i asked a simple question - a bunch of the people in here jumpped down my throat for even daring to ask a question. For reference - you did provide advice, and i DID reply to it.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/33470/the-sealed-dagger-a-ninja-guide/181/#3508236

i never once deflected into ANY topic- i only responded into what was written to me. if you care to source where i've done this, we can talk about it.

EG: The only reason my RDM Even entered the topic was you saying

Quote:
(RDM shouldn't beat NIN but it might with TP Bonus offhand, which is lol).

In response to me saying

Quote:
Any advice? i've been really struggling to see anything close to respectable numbers out of ninja right now... in fact my rdm and DNC basically ***on it in virtually all regards

like do you have simon and nickeny blocked? is that why you think these things are coming out of nowhere?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-04-29 14:41:15
Link | Citer | R

You came in here complaining about the guide not being updated when it clearly is, but not the way you like it.. Then you attempted to say you don't need Ken+1 because it wasn't BIS for a weapons skill and didn't want to buy it because you spent 2billion gil on rdm (Mastercard Rdm or exploiter who knows lol) Many reputable people on this thread are giving you reasons on why you NEED IT. Then you came in here talking ***about how rdm can out DPS DD jobs and you can do 50k ws in resji...

Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-04-29 14:42:53
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-04-29 15:06:26
Link | Citer | R

You came in here complaining about the guide not being updated when it clearly is, but not the way you like it..

No. No i did not. Please learn to read. just because you imagine something, or fail to interpret words properly, does not make your delusions real.

so im just getting into NIN Now..... is the kendatsuba stuff REALLY our go to for things like shun? How up to date is that main page? Is the kenda really that good for nin in general? i feel like were way too attack starved for it to be any good outside of hyperbuff situations

yea because thats clearly me complaining. What is wrong with you man?

Then you attempted to say you don't need Ken+1 because it wasn't BIS for a weapons skill

Again, i question your ability to read.

the herc helm i was referencing was 15 dex 30 attack and 2 TA. from what i see, its only 2 less TA, and 4 less dex than the kendatsuba, but 45 attack more than the kenda.

All you need is one TA Proc, or 2 DA procs to cap out on hits for shun right? i think if you do gere+regal, that should put the set i linked at 21% TA, which would have pretty good odds of getting at least one TA in there yea?

looking at it - youd have a difference between the two sets of

1. 14 less dex
2. 160ish more attack power
2. 2 Less TA
3. maybe 60 less accuracy overall?

on high evasion targets, yea i can see kenda being better for sure - but thats why im asking - it just didnt shake out logically.

Where in this did i EVER say its not BIS? I asked specific questions about pieces that made more sense to me? how can you even come to this conclusion?

and didn't want to buy it because you spent 2billion gil on rdm (Mastercard Rdm or exploiter who knows lol)

you cant be this dumb. this has to be intentional. He litterally said my argument about price didnt logically reconcile and i provided him my logic, and a reference point that im willing to spend gil.

Quote:

id disagree that its flawed: Apart from blade shun - he only lists one piece of kendatsuba gear, for any of the melee/weaponskill options, and thats the body only.

He does list it out as a set for MEVA, but even then i have to wonder if full malignance would serve as a better option for full MEVA since it provides far more MEVA/DT/STP, and virtually no ACC/RACC difference - as logically any time your worried about MEVA, you would also be worried about having shadows stripped, which would also mean you need to worry about DT yea?

Also have you like NEVER done gain EXP? you E A S I L Y make 15-20M per character(depending on the active campaigns),three times a week.

Heres some math, since it seems so hard for you:

if i came back to the game in October - thats 211 days.

Thats roughly 30 weeks, or 90 Gain exp windows.

Thats 1,350,000,000 Gill just from sparks and Accolades on one character. its literally "HAHA MONEYPRINTER GOES BDRRRRR"

Toss in weekly VW thats another 10m a week.
Toss in All of that sick *** ambu money each month

but yea- must be a mastercard. good lord man.

Many reputable people on this thread are giving you reasons on why you NEED IT. Then you came in here talking ***about how rdm can out DPS DD jobs and you can do 50k ws in resji...

Like...is the concept of wanting to understand why something is the way that it is foreign to you? just 'oh you say its this way? ok, i trust you, i dont need to know your logic at all whatsoever!'. Yea that makes sense.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-04-29 15:17:57
Link | Citer | R

You sound hurt - I can care less if you buy gil but if you think I believe for a second you did every single gain xp since you came back your crazy. I am implying you should STFU and buy the Ken+1 set for the sake of your Nin Regardless with your theory craft bs.

But let's not pretend with your snobby attitude you weren't trying to showboat every attempt you can, in and outside this forums. It's apparent and many people are tired of it

edit forums rules blah blah blah
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2020-04-29 15:33:33
Link | Citer | R

Any advice? i've been really struggling to see anything close to respectable numbers out of ninja right now...
If you're having trouble with Shun sets, might you be interesting in converting to Blade: Metsu? You wont lose any brain cells deciding over Ken +1 gear
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-04-29 15:40:46
Link | Citer | R

You sound hurt - I can care less if you buy gil but if you think I believe for a second you did every single gain xp since you came back your crazy. I am implying you should STFU and buy the Ken+1 set for the sake of your Nin Regardless with your theory craft bs.

But let's not pretend with your snobby attitude you weren't trying to showboat every attempt you can, in and outside this forums. It's apparent and many people are tired of it

edit forums rules blah blah blah

hah thats adorable. do i need to also break down how much gil you can make in ambuscade each month too to show you just how far off base you are? To your point - i dont need to hit every single gain window. i hit it on sunday and wedensday most weeks and thats more than enough. do you not realize your average ambuscade month is EASILY a quarter billion gill just sitting there each month?

the fact that you cant cope with the idea that someone can make billions of gill in less than a year through legitimate means is hilarious. its the same mentality most have-nots use when trying to justify their anger against the haves 'i dont have this so they must have cheated to get it'. its pathetic and sad.

Also the idea that someone, who played this game from launch to adoulin, couldn't come back to the game years later and catch up? like, what your interpreting as show boating, is not that. like i can see it in a certain light, but only if your biased to that notion from the get go. Providing benchmarks to what i've done and experienced is not showboating unless im sitting here like "FELLATE MY EPEEN YOU PLEBS", which isnt the case. i dont know these people and they mostly dont know me. how else am i supposed to establish a benchmark for where i fall.

like i dont get what your problem is. you appeared one day out of nowhere, and have been a relentless troll ever since. did i embarass you on an alt or something? like ffs this is insane.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-29 15:43:15
Link | Citer | R

This is a constructive conversation for a guide thread, please continue
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-04-29 15:50:47
Link | Citer | R

the fact that you cant cope with the idea that someone can make billions of gill in less than a year through legitimate means is hilarious. its the same mentality most have-nots use when trying to justify their anger against the haves 'i dont have this so they must have cheated to get it'. its pathetic and sad.

I really don't care and you keep coming back to this - Many people I play with buy Gil and IDGAF. They at least have a Ken+1 set and don't humblebrag about their rdm in the Nin forums.

But the fact you're defending yourself on this makes me wonder...

Just buy the Ken+1 set or don't
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-04-29 15:51:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
This is a constructive conversation for a guide thread, please continue

no i agree, you're right. i shouldn't have let it go this far - particularly not when my only goal here was to find some higher education on the topics i was curious on. should have just blocked him weeks ago.

i apologize to everyone involved. i'll end it here.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2020-04-29 16:01:27
Link | Citer | R

Big problem with deciding on what to buy is, what's "BiS" today might change tomorrow with 1 new gear addition.

It's not a realistic way to look at gear often enough. "BiS" always has context, with some newly aug'd accessories or unity gear, the Kenda head/feet/hands or what have you may come back and outperform.

The guide has changed a lot over the months, so have the gearsets, and there have been times, even recently, where Kenda was a frontrunner. You won't be hurting yourself by investing in the pieces. But I'd start with the body, definitely.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-04-29 16:05:04
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
Big problem with deciding on what to buy is, what's "BiS" today might change tomorrow with 1 new gear addition.

It's not a realistic way to look at gear often enough. "BiS" always has context, with some newly aug'd accessories or unity gear, the Kenda head/feet/hands or what have you may come back and outperform.

The guide has changed a lot over the months, so have the gearsets, and there have been times, even recently, where Kenda was a frontrunner. You won't be hurting yourself by investing in the pieces. But I'd start with the body, definitely.

oh for sure - i completely understand the fluidity of BIS Sets; theres no one permanent cureall set, and for sure the body was on my 'to buy' list regardless for TP; i just didnt have strong enough faith in the Head/hands/feet for it as a weapon skill piece to go all in on those.
 Phoenix.Logical
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-04-30 11:46:05
Link | Citer | R

New video out in the A Guide To Ninja Series. This time covering Elite Dual Wield sets for Ninja. Hope some find it helpful.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 181 182 183 ... 254 255 256