Monberaux
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2020-09-01 17:09:28
Link | Citer | R

Yes I noticed his AOE effect resets, I thought it was from # of uses. If its from conquest update, that makes sense. Kind of sucks.

He's a decent healer. His biggest advantage is the range /variety of bufffs and status removal he provides, instant healing from his potions (no cast time) and instant pro/shell, which is useful for soloing so your healer isn't stuck in a buffing loop while the NM is smashing your trusts

Weakness seems to be his standard heals cap out at 700hp so i usually pair him with another healer. His insta pro/shell also prevents the other trust healer and RDM support from even trying to waste time buffing Pro/Shell.
By Draylo 2020-09-01 17:25:31
Link | Citer | R

I like to use him with another healer. Wasnt sure if his effects reset, we need a contract like with mog lockers or mog garden. Or just get rid of that lol
 Bismarck.Rwolf
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-09-01 17:31:46
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I agree. Another downside he has is his AI will not ignore auras so he'll get in a status removal loop. He can still heal when that happens but I've noticed he won't use buffs as much.

I tried to submit it as a bug report on Official Forums. It just got thrown in Accepted Bugs and never any further.

Surprisingly I do actually end up using his Cover sometimes. He's pretty sturdy and it helped to hide behind him when on a job I couldn't heal myself until trusts got to me.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2020-09-01 19:24:05
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
Yeah I agree. Another downside he has is his AI will not ignore auras so he'll get in a status removal loop. He can still heal when that happens but I've noticed he won't use buffs as much.

I tried to submit it as a bug report on Official Forums. It just got thrown in Accepted Bugs and never any further.

Surprisingly I do actually end up using his Cover sometimes. He's pretty sturdy and it helped to hide behind him when on a job I couldn't heal myself until trusts got to me.
Yeah i sometimes just drop the tank in omen farming and run behind him after a pull
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2020-09-01 21:00:48
Link | Citer | R

So if you are someone who uses him regularly for difficult fights and want to get the most out of him, while spending as little as possible, you put your gil in Mog Garden chest before the oonquest tally and only have to pay 10k? Then you can take your gil back out again? Is that right?
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-01 21:05:14
Link | Citer | R

Is it worth that much effort for 90k? I guess if you're still going to your garden for whatever reason.

That's what they said though, yes. If you have <100k on you when you go reup, you can pay 10k for maximum effect.

The real trick is just give your 2box all your gil instead of going to the garden.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2020-09-02 16:56:10
Link | Citer | R

Making it sound like a big deal to zone in to mog garden and dump ya gil in the chest on the Saturday. Get it back out on Sunday, and hey presto... save 90k. Why spend 100k a week (imagine doing that 52 weeks a year) if you want Monberaux regularly topped up?

Also, I don't 2 box, but even if I did, zoning in to the garden and trading gil to a chest takes about 1 minute? Everyone should have a garden set up anyways, for the cheer effects at the least.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-09-02 17:04:43
Link | Citer | R

Does his Final Elixir ability work the same, or is that just two uses and done?
By Shichishito 2020-09-02 18:29:16
Link | Citer | R

doesn't the mog garden chest hold like a digit less than you can carry max gil?
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-09-02 19:05:28
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
doesn't the mog garden chest hold like a digit less than you can carry max gil?

it holds exactly 1 billion.
By Shichishito 2020-09-02 20:23:31
Link | Citer | R

nvm, it just changes its appreance if you store 10,000,000 gil or more.
 Bismarck.Rwolf
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-09-02 21:08:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »

His Final Elixir is dependent if you gave him an Elixir or Hi-Elixir. His message changes when you summon him. So he'll tell you if you still has them or needs recharge with gil for AoE status removal.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-02 21:08:34
Link | Citer | R

Even without the elixir bonus (which I rarely ever pay for unless I happen to be in upper) Monberaux is still good. I actually am not always a fan of his cover because he will use it even in tanks. I have had him die shortly after a pull because he decided to cover AAEV and ate a nasty couple of melee hits. Positioning is key for him. Most useful when everyone gets silenced or slept and he has insomniant up.
 Cerberus.Aerandir
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2020-09-02 21:53:50
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of his Cover ability, the game treats Monbereaux as a main job Paladin, because Ark Angel HM will use Innin instead of Yonin, which he only does when a second tank is in the party.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-02 21:56:33
Link | Citer | R

This has been known since he was released

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
His main job is PLD, ArkHM uses Innin in his presence.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-09-02 22:01:14
Link | Citer | R

I really hate that Monberaux and Selh'teus are classified as PLDs for that exact reason. I have ot just not use either of them or resort to Gessho in any situation where I want to use a NIN trust.

Also, I saw Monberaux use an Elixir recently and the person that summoned them said he hadn't trade him an Elixir since he came out. Are we certain that doesn't reset on its own as well?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-09-03 08:57:14
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »

His Final Elixir is dependent if you gave him an Elixir or Hi-Elixir. His message changes when you summon him. So he'll tell you if you still has them or needs recharge with gil for AoE status removal.
I meant if it lasts until conquest tally like the Panacea buff, or if he just gets 2 charges of the full heal and he's done and you need to trade more.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7