Forum » FFXI » General » Monberaux
Monberaux
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Pantafernando 2020-03-14 12:01:45
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Haziko said: »
Shichishito said: »
he has got a point tho. if you were subscribed for 12 months after the release of deeds there is no good reason not to be able to backlog.

Absolutely there is. The good reason is that, for the entirety of DoH, it has been pervasively clear that you either earn them or miss them each month. There is no reason to expect that to change now that they added one more reward. The prevailing instruction to the players has always been "go earn them, or it will take longer to earn the rewards." It is a system designed to reward players for participating and being diligent, not for sleeping at the wheel in hopes that one subjectively-better reward will drop than the other rewards (which are all worth the time commitment to different people; hence, you cannot validate it on that logic).

SE still got their money and the players didn't get to skip any work, they just get to decide when to do how much of the chores.

Whether players chose to put in the work to earn the rewards is entirely irrelevant to that monthly subscription. You pay for the right and access to, not for immediate receipt of, content. A player's decision to participate in content and obtain the rewards is completely different.

Additionally, players certainly get to decide how and when--under the same impetus that everybody else is under, which is that you either decide to do them this month, or you decide not to and miss the opportunity to catch up. It's been pretty clear.

no one knew if the final reward would be worthwhile, its a very reasonable decision to not just blindly grind new content without knowing whether it will pay off in the end.

Except, again, this relies on subjectively gauging each reward. That's not the issue here. The issue is whether a player made the decision to participate fully-knowing that they will not have the chance to play catch-up if a reward that suddenly appeals to them drops. That has absolutely nothing to do with SE not respecting a player's time or money, and everything to do with the player not respecting their own. Rather, I would strongly suggest that it is more disrespectful to the player base's time by allowing backlog considering all of the players that diligently completed the tasks each month and put themselves in the position to reap the rewards.

Pantafernando said: »
Given the time gate and all mystery around it, it was quite clear it would be an awesome reward.

Still that doesnt justify the highest time gate in game. Not even ergon takes that much. Neither ygnas. Half of it would be barely acceptable.

The only objective "timegate" here created by SE is the need to obtain 10 more DoH. Nothing else within it is a timegate unless the player chose not to participate in monthlies beforehand. THAT is not a timegate.

If the player chose not to participate, then it is no more of a timegate than Ergon. for example, if you aren't reaching legendary in your coalitions, you cannot go back and re-obtain all the wasted imps. Let's even use something patently less restrictive--Omen. If you did not complete RoV, or the underlying stories, then of course there is a "timegate"--one created by the player. If you have not then farmed for cards/scales, you aren't going to be able to upgrade.

Except that's not timegating--it is an illustration of objectives, which are implicated by every single piece of content in this game. You either play the content so that you're prepared to reap the additional rewards (AF+3, Ergon, Mon.), or you come to FFXIAH and scapegoat SE for your own decision to be unprepared. It goes without saying that the prior poster(s) that I originally responded to are firmly in the latter scenario.

The petulance about this is sad.

Alternatively; The system isnt designed well and could be better. The argument that there is no point in change because the system is how it is isnt a sound argument against someone suggesting an improvement.

Yes its a cheap attempt to keep a player doing "something" for a year instead of releasing relevant content.

But apparently just because they got theirs Monb at very first second, it seems like the content isnt that bad, isnt it.

This feeling isnt even original. Back when ergon was released the very same argument they use to look down on people who didnt spent every single imprimateur available was used.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-14 12:09:11
Link | Citer | R

Imagine being ok with time gating a trust behind a year for a player that starts tomorrow or multiple months for anyone taking a break. Regardless how good or useful that trust is, it's stupid.

It shouldn't have been only 4 per month, but an expanding list with no shitty repeats (looking at you grow and harvest)

The Stockholm goes ever stronger.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-14 12:12:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Imagine being ok with time gating a trust behind a year for a player that starts tomorrow or multiple months for anyone taking a break. Regardless how good or useful that trust is, it's stupid.

It shouldn't have been only 4 per month, but an expanding list with no shitty repeats (looking at you grow and harvest)

The Stockholm goes ever stronger.

Plus considering returning players that normally never stay for 12 months, its a content basically unaccessible to those too.

Its not like people didnt collect DoH because they were lazy or because they deliberately decided not to do. There is a wide range of reasons, but it doesnt matter to anyone, anyway.
By clearlyamule 2020-03-14 12:26:53
Link | Citer | R

It's funny how people get mad every single damn time in recent years SE adds something that rewards people for keeping up on content because they either couldn't or choose not to do it. Some of yall seem to forget this game has always been designed around keeping you subbed and doing content for long term goals.

If that's not your thing and you continue to play after all these years you might need to finally break up with ffxi and stop telling yourself he doesn't really mean to hurt you like that
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-03-14 12:40:20
Link | Citer | R

isn't that like the old ppls way of arguing?

"why are we doing it this way if that way makes way more sense?"
"we always did it this way, we'll continue doing it this way."

also void and traverser stones would like to have a word with you.
By Gorion 2020-03-14 13:01:43
Link | Citer | R

Stop Bitchin and Get Er Done. If you didn't take the time to do the work then you don't get the reward. Damn Snowflakes.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-14 13:13:12
Link | Citer | R

Enjoy few days of acting high and mighty with Monb to beat azi dahaka till everyone and their mother get Monb and none else gives a *** about it.
By Shichishito 2020-03-14 13:26:19
Link | Citer | R

Gorion said: »
Stop Bitchin and Get Er Done. If you didn't take the time to do the work then you don't get the reward. Damn Snowflakes.
chances are most have already got it done (for the month). the timegate design however leaves plenty of time to come here bitchin.
By clearlyamule 2020-03-14 13:57:55
Link | Citer | R

isn't that like the old ppls way of arguing?

"why are we doing it this way if that way makes way more sense?"
"we always did it this way, we'll continue doing it this way."

also void and traverser stones would like to have a word with you.
nope it's don't like it and you are still here after all these years stop bitchin and just admit you are a masochists.

Also yes some content is time gated slightly differently though still time gated and would still *** you if you hadn't started them in the first place. So sue that not all devs do it exactly the same doesn't take away from the point.
By Spaitin 2020-03-14 16:36:48
Link | Citer | R

Monb is a bit of a let down tbh. more of a sidegrade. if you dont have it, dont worry, not missing much. I actually might prefer cherukiki over him. The panacea thing is his best use. If yoran is a 10 then monb is a 5.

For a year timegate, i expected something that rivals sylvie/apu/yoran. He falls pretty flat.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-14 17:18:56
Link | Citer | R

Something to note is that Monberaux makes Ulmia MUCH more reliable with keeping Marches up instead of Ballads, because he tosses Dry Ethers to trusts that reach under 50% MP.

He's also quite rapid-fire on his Max Potion (700 HP) mix, so he can main heal a group if you're not getting hit super hard. I've been doing Odyssey with only him and Sylvie as healers.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-03-14 17:26:18
Link | Citer | R

Spaitin said: »
Monb is a bit of a let down tbh. more of a sidegrade. if you dont have it, dont worry, not missing much. I actually might prefer cherukiki over him. The panacea thing is his best use. If yoran is a 10 then monb is a 5.

For a year timegate, i expected something that rivals sylvie/apu/yoran. He falls pretty flat.

What? He literally aoe nas your whole pt + brings some support.
[+]
By huttburt<3 2020-03-14 18:52:34
Link | Citer | R

no one knew if the final reward would be worthwhile, its a very reasonable decision to not just blindly grind new content without knowing whether it will pay off in the end.
lulz... the time requirement per month is like 10min besides the 3 days for gardening or mog garden. If you think that's too much then so is the trust reward at the end of the rainbow.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-14 19:51:53
Link | Citer | R

I mean.. You gotta have some kind of long-term goals. Did we really all become an instant gratification game?
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-14 22:07:02
Link | Citer | R

The Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter trusts are each six months between each chance to get them (Spring + Fall / Summer + Winter sets are the same and come up every 3 months).

Ygnas takes, from what I understand, around six months of dedicated near-daily Coalition Assignment effort. I didn't do it that quickly, so I can't say for certain. I dabbled, but eventually got Ygnas and my +1 Adoulin Ring. Six months is just the rough number I hear kicked around.

If I started a character on January 1st, it would likely be 7~8 months before I could have all the trusts previous to Monberaux (depending on how early the Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter trust sets go out).

Pushing the number up from 7~8 months to 12 just for a new trust that sounds useful isn't that horrible.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-14 23:22:40
Link | Citer | R

Trusts shouldn't have time gates at all. If you start tomorrow you should be allowed to obtain all 109 of them.

AND you shouldn't have to trade the *** scrolls and watch a 20 second mini cs.

Want a reward for logging in 365 days? Enjoy this Moogle Bed. Not a trust.
By clearlyamule 2020-03-14 23:36:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Trusts shouldn't have time gates at all. If you start tomorrow you should be allowed to obtain all 109 of them.

AND you shouldn't have to trade the *** scrolls and watch a 20 second mini cs.

Want a reward for logging in 365 days? Enjoy this Moogle Bed. Not a trust.
Well you are certainly entitled to that opinion but I think you can handle there being just 2 trust for the players whose opinion there should at least be some long term one. Call it a compromise... except the waaaaaaaaay more tilted towards what you want
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-14 23:42:53
Link | Citer | R

Login points are still better than loot boxes. They could have went that route from the beginning with all of the vanity lockstyle items. They even /feel/ like lootbox-like rewards as they are basically all lockstyle skins. I know there are some that are kind of useful for red procs in abyssea, but other than that, they are lacking in use other than for lockstyle.
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-03-15 00:13:55
Link | Citer | R

I am guessing all the people crying about how this works are the ones who did not do the monthlies or have started too late to get him this month. The monthlies are still coming so you will be able to obtain the trust if you continue to put the work in.

If you don't like the way it works go play something else.

Your text to link here...
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-15 09:13:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Zidaner said: »
I am guessing all the people crying about how this works are the ones who did not do the monthlies or have started too late to get him this month. The monthlies are still coming so you will be able to obtain the trust if you continue to put the work in.

This is not a valid argument or statment.

Edit: And of course.... quote doesnt quote the entire statement.

"If you don't like the way it works go play something else." is the biggest point of contention.
By Mattelot 2020-03-15 10:21:37
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
I mean.. You gotta have some kind of long-term goals. Did we really all become an instant gratification game?

Thats one reason I love this game over WoW, it's not an instant gratification game. Sure, there are easier things to get quick gear (Ambu, etc) but you don't get BiS in a day or two like many have in WoW.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-15 10:49:24
Link | Citer | R

no one knew if the final reward would be worthwhile
Unless you paid attention to the MogiVanas where they talk about how he would work and what he would do for over half a year now....

Shading willful ignorance aside. Been playing with him in Odysseys, and haven't noticed a change ever to his behavior ala the trade ins.
I'll go back and double check but I'm pretty sure the dialogue hasn't reverted to him needing more again. I think it's just a toggle.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-03-15 11:39:13
Link | Citer | R

The issue isn’t about putting in the work. The issue is that you literally can’t put in the work even if you wanted to.

What about people who just started playing again? Why should they be left out on content for a year because they haven’t played in a while? There should at least be a way to catch up on all the past monthlies.

Personally, I don’t play this game to garden. If I wanted to garden I’d play animal crossing or go outside and plant some real trees.

But like someone else said in a previous post; you got a little bit of Matsui’s *** on your lips and you do whatever they say/put out.

There was no reason to do monthly ROEs until now. A pulse weapon? I can farm or buy that anytime I want.

You don’t lock game-changing content behind something that’s time-blocked and can’t be back-tracked. It’s a slap in the face to returnees and to people who prioritized their gameplay doing other things.

Like I’ve said in many of my posts; I don’t get much playtime. I shouldn’t be penalized because I decided to spend my time more wisely doing other content that gave better rewards. How was I supposed to know they’d lock a game-changing trust behind monthly RoEs with a 1-year lockout?
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-03-15 11:54:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Botosi said: »

The issue isn’t about putting in the work. The issue is that you literally can’t put in the work even if you wanted to.

What about people who just started playing again? Why should they be left out on content for a year because they haven’t played in a while? There should at least be a way to catch up on all the past monthlies.

Personally, I don’t play this game to garden. If I wanted to garden I’d play animal crossing or go outside and plant some real trees.

But like someone else said in a previous post; you got a little bit of Matsui’s *** on your lips and you do whatever they say/put out.

There was no reason to do monthly ROEs until now. A pulse weapon? I can farm or buy that anytime I want.

You don’t lock game-changing content behind something that’s time-blocked and can’t be back-tracked. It’s a slap in the face to returnees and to people who prioritized their gameplay doing other things.

Like I’ve said in many of my posts; I don’t get much playtime. I shouldn’t be penalized because I decided to spend my time more wisely doing other content that gave better rewards. How was I supposed to know they’d lock a game-changing trust behind monthly RoEs with a 1-year lockout?

Don't take this as me disagreeing with you. Your complaints are legit. Thinking objectively, yes, those who "come back" get screwed with a lot of things. If any of them want to be a RUN or GEO, good luck on getting your ergon for a while. Same with Ygnas and now this. On the same token, those who "stuck around" are logically going to have things first. There has to be something for those who stuck around.
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-03-15 11:59:49
Link | Citer | R

Mattelot said: »

Don't take this as me disagreeing with you. Your complaints are legit. Thinking objectively, yes, those who "come back" get screwed with a lot of things. If any of them want to be a RUN or GEO, good luck on getting your ergon for a while. Same with Ygnas and now this. On the same token, those who "stuck around" are logically going to have things first. There has to be something for those who stuck around.

I 100% agree with you; there should be something for people who stick around, but it shouldn’t be ground-breaking. And there should be a way to back-track all the months that have been missed (maybe even add some super annoying quest that unlocks past months ROEs).

Like I said, I have absolutely no problem with putting in the work. The problem is that I can’t put in the work even if I wanted to. And that’s not right.
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-03-15 12:17:13
Link | Citer | R

I 100% agree with you; there should be something for people who stick around, but it shouldn’t be ground-breaking. And there should be a way to back-track all the months that have been missed (maybe even add some super annoying quest that unlocks past months ROEs).

Like I said, I have absolutely no problem with putting in the work. The problem is that I can’t put in the work even if I wanted to. And that’s not right.

Mainly for you sticking around for a long time if you have been subbed for 10 years you get like a free RMEA or 10 lol. I've been subbed for a while and only playing for a week or two then coming back the next month and I've missed the deeds only just started doing them in January because I didnt know about them and I've stayed subbed with 2 accounts since 2008.
By Mattelot 2020-03-15 12:30:19
Link | Citer | R

That is the part I do agree with. When I came back, I knew I had expansions of missions, etc to catch up on and I did. Something like this, you cannot.
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-03-15 13:12:25
Link | Citer | R

And to add to my point; who would benefit the most from this new trust? Returnees who need to catch up. Returnees who can’t solo content on their own because a majority of the regular trusts are garbage.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-15 13:29:33
Link | Citer | R

And to add to my point; who would benefit the most from this new trust? Returnees who need to catch up. Returnees who can’t solo content on their own because a majority of the regular trusts are garbage.

This is the perfect representation of the problem. Trust is not a reward for having played more.

People that need "useful" trusts are the ones that can't get them. Every useful tank, the only COR most of the GEO type and now (objectively) the "best" nonUC healer are all impossible to get the majority of the year.

(You could possibly get AAEV/HM within a couple days of starting)
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7