First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-15 13:50:32
Link | Citer | R

Because I paged. spoiler last post from last page

Now In the same vein of thought, you paid at least $155 to obtain monberaux. That doesn't seem like a great reward when you look at it that way, now does it?

Everyone should get the Trust, and you, loyal slave, who paid $155 for "something special" what do you deserve?

I mean, you got to play 11 for a year, that's reward enough for you right? oh it's not? you require validation for your arduous effort of walking to the goblin and opening the box or endlessly toiling in the mog garden retrieving that flotsam?
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Serveur: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-03-15 13:53:26
Link | Citer | R

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/A.M.A.N._Validator
It's right there in the name!
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-15 14:25:28
Link | Citer | R

I think a large part of the problem is that all non UC whm trusts just suck. Your best option is Cherukiki, who has no AoE cure potential, and by the time you get ygnas youre doing end game group content and are geared to the nines and likely dont need a good whm trust.

And if you want gil, you arent getting a UC whm trust.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-15 19:22:34
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
Been playing with him in Odysseys, and haven't noticed a change ever to his behavior ala the trade ins.
I'll go back and double check but I'm pretty sure the dialogue hasn't reverted to him needing more again. I think it's just a toggle.
So.... his dialogue is now even more bugged now? Where before I was getting his whole dialogue messages all at once when summoned, now he's just a ".".

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
100k donation: allows status removal potions to become AoE (probably for a limited period of time).
Elixir and/or Hi-Elixir donation: unlocks Mix: Final Elixir - fully restores HP/MP in AoE. Usage is limited, can be used a maximum of twice if you trade both elixirs. You can refill his stock in Jeuno.
I gave him 100k when I first got him, and today (alongside his summon dialogue changing) the option to give him 100k appeared when talking to him. (Before it was just the confirmation message that I had helped.)
He also had used Final Elixir more than 2x in the days since I've unlocked him (never more than 2x per summon though)... but today he acted like I hadn't traded him an Elixir at all. (And of course you have to buy both since he doesn't have a different message for each of them, just the two together... But given how the Elixir "ran out" first... that may just be the order they are "used" in.)

I honestly can't tell if it's a bug, or the limited usage was intentional... given his "dialogue" when summoned, I lean towards the former.
But if it's the latter, then that's an easy adjustment they can make with enough bitching. (So please *** on the OF constructively, and not just about how "it takes a year" and nothing more.)
By huttburt<3 2020-03-15 19:32:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Botosi said: »
because I decided to spend my time more wisely doing other content that gave better rewards. How was I supposed to know they’d lock a game-changing trust behind monthly RoEs with a 1-year lockout?

If you spent your time "wisely", then why are you bitching about this?
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-03-15 19:49:38
Link | Citer | R

huttburt<3 said: »
because I decided to spend my time more wisely doing other content that gave better rewards. How was I supposed to know they’d lock a game-changing trust behind monthly RoEs with a 1-year lockout?
[/b]

Maybe you should read instead of being an inept troll.
[+]
By huttburt<3 2020-03-15 21:46:19
Link | Citer | R

[/b]

No trolling. Just straight up church. If you think 10min/month is too much time to spend for possible nice rewards in time, then don't complain when you see the reward and didn't do it.

Your thesis that there should be no time gate so you can accomplish the points with a concentrated devotion is erroneous. You chose not to spend merely 10min per month but now that you see the prize you want you somehow want the rules changed.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-03-15 22:06:27
Link | Citer | R

[/b]

No trolling. Just straight up church. If you think 10min/month is too much time to spend for possible nice rewards in time, then don't complain when you see the reward and didn't do it.

Your thesis that there should be no time gate so you can accomplish the points with a concentrated devotion is erroneous. You chose not to spend merely 10min per month but now that you see the prize you want you somehow want the rules changed.

Your name on this forum is literally huttburt and you’re trying to tell me you’re not a troll. Normally I wouldn’t waste my time replying to individuals with <70 IQ who use the word “church” and I won’t be replying again to you, but this is a point I’d like to make.

I’m being hypocritical by wasting my time and answering you, but 10mins wasted is 10mins wasted. I don’t have a lot of playtime, and at the time, I used my time as wisely as I could. There was no possible way of knowing what rewards would be offered in the future. They could’ve given you a useless furnishing for all we would’ve known (which is what they should’ve done).

The fact is that there shouldn’t be a time-gate on game changing content. There shouldn’t be a time-gate on trusts (as Eiryl said) because they’re meant to benefit returnees the most. Yet many of them are blocked behind time gates.

If you spent 10mins per month for 12 months then you spent a total of 2 hours. Why shouldn’t I be able to spend 2 hours now to get the same rewards that you have? And that’s a rhetorical question because I’m not interested in your response as I know it’s going to be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
By huttburt<3 2020-03-15 22:17:52
Link | Citer | R

[/b]

Your name on this forum is literally huttburt and you’re trying to tell me you’re not a troll. Normally I wouldn’t waste my time replying to individuals with <70 IQ who use the word “church” and I won’t be replying again to you, but this is a point I’d like to make.

I’m being hypocritical by wasting my time and answering you, but 10mins wasted is 10mins wasted. I don’t have a lot of playtime, and at the time, I used my time as wisely as I could. There was no possible way of knowing what rewards would be offered in the future. They could’ve given you a useless furnishing for all we would’ve known (which is what they should’ve done).

The fact is that there shouldn’t be a time-gate on game changing content. There shouldn’t be a time-gate on trusts (as Eiryl said) because they’re meant to benefit returnees the most. Yet many of them are blocked behind time gates.

If you spent 10mins per month for 12 months then you spent a total of 2 hours. Why shouldn’t I be able to spend 2 hours now to get the same rewards that you have? And that’s a rhetorical question because I’m not interested in your response as I know it’s going to be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Bgwiki has a list of rewards. Close to the top are AF gear. That in itself is a reward worth pursuing for the time investment. Extra Mars and Venus, etc.

You shouldn't be able break the time gate barrier just because you want a reward. Everyone else has achieved by needing to deal with it. What makes you so special?

You snooze, you lose.

And "church", well, I watched Breaking Bad again. Jesse's buddy says it a lot and I find it humorous, just like your whining logic.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-03-16 01:21:32
Link | Citer | R

I'll just say this

Update the *** trust system my *** god

Like 90% of my trusts I barely *** use - DDs are worthless as *** - Cor fen spams ws messing up Sc's/evokers roll... and brds switch to Ballads the minute Yoran casts a spell as well

It just fen sucks balls that they implemented a decent trust behind a time wall around doing dumb ***over and over for a year straight

But you know what I really want?
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-03-16 02:08:43
Link | Citer | R

next up similar "quest" with ??? for points required and ??? for the reward, this time with a timegate of 10 years... for our religious players.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-16 02:26:55
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
But you know what I really want?

They need to hurry up and give:

She was talked about being the "strong surprising second place" in the fan poll that determined what trust they added (Cornelia). I 100% assume they had already chose Cornelia before the contest even happened though. Fan choice trust contest was rigged, I tells ya!

I'd also like to see Rukususu added.

[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-16 02:37:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Because I paged. spoiler last post from last page

Now In the same vein of thought, you paid at least $155 to obtain monberaux. That doesn't seem like a great reward when you look at it that way, now does it?

Everyone should get the Trust, and you, loyal slave, who paid $155 for "something special" what do you deserve?

I mean, you got to play 11 for a year, that's reward enough for you right? oh it's not? you require validation for your arduous effort of walking to the goblin and opening the box or endlessly toiling in the mog garden retrieving that flotsam?

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-03-16 06:44:00
Link | Citer | R

Th butthurt is strong in this thread.
[+]
By Oragel 2020-03-16 07:36:23
Link | Citer | R

I took a break from the game for a few months and can honestly say I’m not mad about having to wait. The trust seems decent enough, but I’m good on trusts for the most part. So now instead of grinding them all each month, maybe I’ll skip planting.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-03-16 08:06:23
Link | Citer | R

yeah, then it will drag out even longer to like 15 months.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-16 11:44:11
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
yeah, then it will drag out even longer to like 15 months.

Fifteen months?

Then there is me coming up on nearly two decades of playtime.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-16 12:18:25
Link | Citer | R

The trust system is basically the Fellow system 2.0. It does need work, and has for many many many years. They should have allowed Trust customization beyond their native behavior, so each trust could be individually tailored to do different things. It would allow you to prioritize multiple healers to do different tasks, DDs that follow only a logical WS/SC progression (or turn it off completely), and each player could alter their AE's to exactly what they would want it to do, rather than be job/condition/algorithm/pattern-based.

I posted this six years ago
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/38859-Trust-Suggestions?p=487858#post487858
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-03-16 13:17:14
Link | Citer | R

Would be cool if they did a thing with job points - Like we could take some for the specific job types and use them to boost trusts of the same job type (rdm Macc boost/ Refresh potency) (Brd all songs +1 - Another song) (Cor Duration up/Boost Roll potency)etc or overall stats/HP/Mp boost - I wouldn't even be mad if they capped it at 500 a turn in for a week
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-20 16:40:55
Link | Citer | R

Are you informed when your gifts to Monberaux have expired, or do you have to go back to him in Upper Jeuno and see if he's asking for more stuff?
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Serveur: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-03-23 23:45:12
Link | Citer | R

I don't remember if it was mentioned but Monberaux will spam Holy Water on you if you're doooooomed.

[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-27 08:05:37
Link | Citer | R

Monberaux also has a Mix that he often uses on himself that grants him Negate Sleep (Mix: Insomniant), so he is completely immune to sleep much of the time.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-03-27 10:37:08
Link | Citer | R

Jeuno housing prices are too high. Monberaux just lives in his hospital and I mean he does ask you for stuff so... he kinda is?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-27 16:19:02
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
Considering how much work it takes to get him, they should of really gave him a fancy shirt or a weapon. He just stands there like a homeless guy asking for change.

Nah, hes a total badass. Hes a paladin who stands there in basic underwear goading the mob to hit him, blocking attacks with his bare abs.
[+]
By heathable 2020-04-17 14:20:11
Link | Citer | R

Are people really mad about having to do 4 small tasks a month?

I started them the month they came out. The attraction for me was the free reforged AF since that let me skip a ton steps/gil. The trust was just the cherry on top.

There's plenty of attractive rewards and the "hardest" deed is just growing a plant.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-04-17 14:24:09
Link | Citer | R

heathable said: »
Are people really mad about having to do 4 small tasks a month?

I started them the month they came out. The attraction for me was the free reforged AF since that let me skip a ton steps/gil. The trust was just the cherry on top.

There's plenty of attractive rewards and the "hardest" deed is just growing a plant.

Some of us don't have quite the aptitude of satisfactory Botany.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [137 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2020-09-01 14:31:52
Link | Citer | R

Sorry for the bump, but I have a question about Monberaux.

On BGwiki it says verification is needed for the statement:

Mix: Panacea-1 - "Removes erasable ailments. Becomes AoE after a 10,000 - 100,000 Gil donation to Monberaux."[/i]

Did anyone get around to testing this? Thanks.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Rwolf
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-09-01 16:40:42
Link | Citer | R

I do like his fast amounts of AoE status removal when I was soloing Lilith on E. I always wondered but didn't feel like testing it. But the annoying part is it resets every conquest update.

Looks like on JPWiki the amount needed to cap is dependent on 10% of your gil and maxes out at 100k per conquest tally week.

Quote:
By making a donation by Gill, the targets of effect of status recovery drugs will be ranged.
The amount is 10% of the current money. However, the minimum is 10,000 gil and the maximum is 100,000 gil. Since the effect does not change depending on the amount of money, if you keep the gil in the mog garden's saving gil box and make the possession money less than 100,000 gil, you can maintain the range of status recovery by spending 10,000 gil every week ..

Interesting... so I guess if you're really frugal and don't mind the annoyance of dumping your gil in Mog Garden you can just pay 10k a week.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7