First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 67 68 69
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-10-10 14:40:36
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You probably had whatever useful drops were coming to you. Assuming it was 2-4 different runs

Brought a second character with me, probably all Tartarus Mails since that's the only duplicate I have.
 Asura.Minxies
Serveur: Asura
user: Orijine
By Asura.Minxies 2019-10-10 14:52:51
Link | Citer | R

If the characters in party in zone have the same drops as the item which would have drop it would drop nothing at all and be -1 and will move on to the previous items via noise or thud etc
By Pantafernando 2019-10-11 08:02:28
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Odin.Botosi said: »
I got an Emissary from a loud thud venus orb. Was so pissed.
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Got 4 loud thuds, only 1 piece of gear (Kali), rest was trash NPCables :(

Got an Emissary after update from a loud thud... honestly, it's past time for them to remove Escha T2 weapons from the loud thud pool.

I would say its past time to remove escha zitah gear from thuds (its unbelievable the amount of -repeated- T1 gear i get from there), but then i got twice Router, so its all good.

My "strat" is for mars, just go till thud or death, for venus, straight to gold chest. 1$ mule just do the easy 5 quests, buy 5 silvers, and monthly i have 1 mar+ 1 venus per 1$ mule.
By tyalangan 2019-10-11 08:25:04
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
, for venus, straight to gold chest. 1$ mule just do the easy 5 quests, buy 5 silvers, and monthly i have 1 mar+ 1 venus per 1$ mule.

I have found in my testing that Venus gold chest only is not worth it. Would you mind sharing your results for Venus?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-10-11 08:33:24
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »
Pantafernando said: »
, for venus, straight to gold chest. 1$ mule just do the easy 5 quests, buy 5 silvers, and monthly i have 1 mar+ 1 venus per 1$ mule.

I have found in my testing that Venus gold chest only is not worth it. Would you mind sharing your results for Venus?

I dont collect data because its too much junk, but in my opinion, venus gold chest is equivalent in terms of quality reward to at least thud (still not sure the actual difference between loud thud and thud).

Thats, ita garanteed either some kind of gear or a +2 skirmish stone sack.

Considering my mars strat (warping right after a thud), there is no point opening others chests from a venus if i have a garanteed thud.

If im willing to bet, i would just make double mars per month, as normally i get more thuds than deaths.
By tyalangan 2019-10-11 08:43:26
Link | Citer | R

I can post my results (not with me at the moment) but I am near 100 Venus gold chest and it is a net loss. It’s like 10% money drops which isn’t even close to making up for the 500K spent. Also, it has not produced better odds of Omen gear than a Mars. So I would suggest double Mars and saving gil.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-10-11 08:53:59
Link | Citer | R

This month i will have access to a dozen of orbs, can collect the data from both.

Its about time to get an omen body anyway.
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-10-11 09:11:02
Link | Citer | R

tyalangan said: »
I can post my results (not with me at the moment) but I am near 100 Venus gold chest and it is a net loss. It’s like 10% money drops which isn’t even close to making up for the 500K spent. Also, it has not produced better odds of Omen gear than a Mars. So I would suggest double Mars and saving gil.
From what I’ve noticed from my orbs and some bought Venus provides way better money drops and less chance of mimic. I say open 3 to 4 then gold. Yet to this day I’ve only received tar tar mail and omen gear including bodies from mars only.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-10-13 07:49:06
Link | Citer | R

Mars orb x2
1st orb:Noise loud thud Orpheus sash
2nd orb:Thud loud thud nisroch jerkin
[+]
By Fayona 2019-10-13 09:01:57
Link | Citer | R

Mars Orb:
Thud Undug
Mars orb:
Thud Tartarus
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-10-13 09:32:39
Link | Citer | R

finally completed the collection after 14 months

[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-10-13 09:37:29
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »

Congrats I just need Dagon now :0
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-10-13 09:47:23
Link | Citer | R

Udug was the one that's eluded me for so long. I ended up getting 2 this month.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-10-13 10:24:58
Link | Citer | R

So much time has passed since omen was introduced. SE could just increase the drop rate.

Its not like they are indisputable best piece for anything.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-13 11:22:18
Link | Citer | R

Too many people would stop going completely. You can't ever move the carrot.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-13 11:34:23
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »

And there's me close to 3 years and still don't have Ashera Harness ( or any other omen body)........ Whenever someone is selling it I'm afk too. This game's trash.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2019-10-13 13:13:27
Link | Citer | R

And here i want 1/1 on finding the mimic on both my Venus and Mars orbs this month, both on the first chest...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-13 14:06:20
Link | Citer | R

Its dumb luck. If AMAN Trove were never a thing, you'd be worse off farming Omen/Vagary for bodies/hands. A free orb for a chance at something is still a free chance, no matter the odds. just try not to put too much faith into it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By AsAller 2019-10-15 07:18:52
Link | Citer | R

Is it still best practice to open on loud thud only? It is very tempting for me to just open the gold chest on a thud.
By Pantafernando 2019-10-15 07:30:02
Link | Citer | R

AsAller said: »
Is it still best practice to open on loud thud only? It is very tempting for me to just open the gold chest on a thud.

Loud thuds are quite rare.

And it isnt garanteed even a single thud in chest (i already got 9 normal then mimic).

And the few times i got loud, idr the prize so it wasnt any good
By AsAller 2019-10-15 07:42:38
Link | Citer | R

Yeah the thuds I open usually are not worth anything. It just feels better to open a chest. Probably stick to loud thuds only.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-15 07:44:12
Link | Citer | R

Here are some viable options for AMAN Trove:

Loud Thud -> exit (open as many as you need to until LT)
Exit Chest upon entry (can be a loud thud or thud, or a noise)
Open until you get 1-? Thuds -> exit (some people like the satisfaction of getting something, but you're really fooling yourself here)

Though Thuds can produce a rare pulse weapon, in many cases its just a piece of garbage htbf or escha piece, and you'll always regret not trying for a loud thud. If you get mimics in pursuit of a loud thud, who cares if you didn't walk away with "something", it wasn't worth a damn to bother selling anyways.

You can get a 100% win rate by running in and taking the exit terminal. Your chances of getting a loud thud are extremely low, but it's still possible. You get the satisfaction of always winning something, and possibly winning a loud thud by doing it, though rare. Honestly, it's a dumb luck game and overthinking it will always make you wonder "what if?". It's a game of chicken with virtual rewards, there is no strategy.
[+]
By Artsncrafts 2019-10-15 07:54:52
Link | Citer | R

AsAller said: »
Yeah the thuds I open usually are not worth anything. It just feels better to open a chest. Probably stick to loud thuds only.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Here are some viable options for AMAN Trove:

Loud Thud -> exit (open as many as you need to until LT)
Exit Chest upon entry (can be a loud thud or thud, or a noise)
Open until you get 1-? Thuds -> exit (some people like the satisfaction of getting something, but you're really fooling yourself here)

Though Thuds can produce a rare pulse weapon, in many cases its just a piece of garbage htbf or escha piece, and you'll always regret not trying for a loud thud. If you get mimics in pursuit of a loud thud, who cares if you didn't walk away with "something", it wasn't worth a damn to bother selling anyways.

You can get a 100% win rate by running in and taking the exit terminal. Your chances of getting a loud thud are extremely low, but it's still possible. You get the satisfaction of always winning something, and possibly winning a loud thud by doing it, though rare. Honestly, it's a dumb luck game and overthinking it will always make you wonder "what if?". It's a game of chicken with virtual rewards, there is no strategy.

TL:DR Yes
By Pantafernando 2019-10-15 07:56:57
Link | Citer | R

Ibf tossing MNKs in the chest is a viable strat to beat chest of plenty
By Pantafernando 2019-11-05 03:30:54
Link | Citer | R

A bit late but here are my statistics this month.

Im thankful to who sugested just going for Louds instead of Thuds. The results were a huge lot better than the others months i did despite so many failures. The quality of Louds far surpass the garanteed thuds.

Next months gonna be updating this table, but so far:

Chests Thud Loud Thud Ka-Thwack % Thud % Loud Thud % Ka-Thwack
Mars 135 12 6 26 8,9 4,4 19,3
Venus 145 16 12 24 11,0 8,3 16,6

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-11-05 05:46:44
Link | Citer | R

appreciate the effort, but your tables are unreadable.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2019-11-05 06:49:25
Link | Citer | R

I know that Venus Orbs are said to give a higher chance at rare items, but is it worth it to do Venus, versus doing extra Mars?
By Pantafernando 2019-11-05 07:09:22
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
appreciate the effort, but your tables are unreadable.

Im working on it, gonna fix it later.

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
I know that Venus Orbs are said to give a higher chance at rare items, but is it worth it to do Venus, versus doing extra Mars?

My data cant be seen yet but im gathering info this and next months to narrow down this quesion.

So far, the data shows 8,9% thud chance / chest opened and 4.4% loud thud / chest opened for mars, and 11 thud chance / chest opened and 8.3% loud thud /chest opened for venus.

About quality, it seemed thuds and louds are the same for mars and venus.

Eyeballing, it seems like noise: pouches and low price sellable, thud: gears favoring up to escha zitah T2 gear, loud thud: reisen gear, HTBF gear, low drop rate gear (tartarus, gyve doublet, omenbody, zitah pulse), suposelly high price sellable (+2 pouches, reforge +2 mat) and some NQ crafted cursed gear.

Also it seems venus gold chest is either a thud or loud (rare). That would explain why some drops seemed like double louds. But most of time its zitah garbage, so thud quality on gold chest.

Edit: uploaded the table img:

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 67 68 69