Anyone From The Old Days Still Around?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Quetzalcoatl » Anyone from the old days still around?
Anyone from the old days still around?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-02-24 23:20:42
Link | Citer | R

What do you mean "you people"????
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2023-02-24 23:38:31
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
QUOTE TRAIN!
Quote train!

Choo muthaferkin choo choo! QUOTE TRAIN!
+1
I'm down to see how far this will go :3
Oh damn, and another one 2 quote trains heading towards the thread ban, which one travels more tracks I ponder?
Edit: obligatory choo choo choose you!
By Draylo 2023-02-25 00:49:37
Link | Citer | R

Someone is about to write a petition.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2023-02-25 01:34:09
Link | Citer | R

QUOTE TRAIN!
Quote train!

+1
Oh damn, and another one 2 quote trains heading towards the thread ban, which one travels more tracks I ponder?
Draylo said: »
Someone is about to write a petition.

Ya done *** up the rotation Mr D, c'mon get with the program...
By Dodik 2023-02-25 02:58:37
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
The sad part is the people who did all the actual work on the files these servers use did so because they thought the game was near closing, when they found out it was not they pretty much stopped working on it.

Yeah, I remember when the private server code was first reverse engineered. It was done right when Abyssea was launched with the whole community looking at it like The End and everyone either switching to or planning to switch to XIV.

Private servers were seen as the only way to keep XI alive as it was at the time. Well, the game never ended, and that code is stuck in some 75 cap era limbo, unable to move forward, always looking back at what used to be.

I mean.. if you want an "authentic" 75 era experience just go do exemplar points in Bibiki Bay.

Literally same mobs and same xp range as 75 cap. I dinged 75 on the camels that are now "Locus" in Bibiki Bay >.>

Sick sense of humour, as always, by SE.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-02-25 04:13:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Benchiro said: »
I'm gonna include Lindart in my prayer requests tonight. I pray he lets go of his needless rage and unnecessary hate, and can just love XI for what it is, not for what he thinks it should be. May God bless us all tonight.

Calm down Sherlock, you're not saying something nobody else knows.

Also pray for a ferrari instead.
By RadialArcana 2023-02-25 04:49:48
Link | Citer | R

McDavid said: »
Damn you people on ffxiah sure HATE the fact Horizon is thriving lol. Entertaining to read though, keep it up.

I remember when people thought having a millionaire streamer liking your game was a good thing, then you find out that guy is spending his cash on multiple private servers (he also funded wings and others before he got bored of them) to try kill retail and you find out it's not such a good thing anymore.

As with most things, a dumbass with more money than sense is as dangerous a thing as you can imagine. Maybe one day he will gain a taste for FF14 and we can laugh at the people defending this, suddenly having issues with him funding and paying advertising costs for a ARR PS.

We are not playing wow, we are playing ff11. Which is a game that the company doesn't really care about anymore and is funded to the bare minimum, if people want to go play on a barely working server it lets Square Enix off the hook to keep the real game being updated with ACTUAL new content and running. Then when Ninja gets tired of throwing money at this thing and moves off to do something else (why do you think the people running the last server he played suddenly lost interest, the ninja money ran dry is why), you're going to be SoL on a server where they gave up their day jobs to "run" it.

I've seen things like this happen multiple times now, and it's never not funny that people cannot see what the logical conclusions are going to be.

If you support something that has no actual foundation to it, that is funded by one person then not only can you lose the actual thing you have played for 20 years that does have a proper business model and real developers but the branch you're sitting on can also fall at any moment without warning based on the whims of some blue haired tart.

Something you need to understand about the man funding this server (Ninja) is he does not like or do much endgame because he does not have actual time for it, all he likes is leveling and crafting. Once he caps the things he likes, he starts to lose interest very quickly. That's going to be bad news for you if you spent a ton of time on it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-02-25 09:22:14
Link | Citer | R

It would be cool if all the private server stans just stop making excuses and just be honest about why they play private: “Im broke and the 12.95 is too much”. We get it, inflation is hurting everyone and you gotta focus on putting food on the table and gas in your tank.

Every lame duck excuse for why private > retail is easily shot down.
Horizon is full of changes that its not even close to what 75 actually was.
A new server popped up on BG with that 75-era experience: with trusts, HP warps, run/geo, abyssea, mounts etc…..this is retail capped at 75 without SoA.
“SE doesnt make new content” as they play the same content from 15 years ago frozen in time.

Just say “its free”. Easy.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-02-25 10:17:00
Link | Citer | R

If a literal millionaire pays for promotion (inb4 "a millionaire would never do that!"), people are very very easy to manipulate. If you're playing private servers now, and you never wanted to before. You got finessed into it, marketing works.

It's amazing you can get people to damage something they care about by offering them an incredibly inferior copy of it. When even Spicyryan goes off to play on catseye private server you know it's time to just give up wasting your breath.

By the time people understand these things are bad it will be too late, but I guess some gotta learn the hard way.

I'm done talking about it, it's pathetic at this point.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-02-25 11:10:33
Link | Citer | R

Have seen several people, including members of our statics, ditch XI for Horizon.

There is a very real effect on both the game (I refuse to differentiate it by calling it 'retail') and everyone else still playing.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2023-02-25 11:46:49
Link | Citer | R

It would be cool if all the private server stans just stop making excuses and just be honest about why they play private: “Im broke and the 12.95 is too much”. We get it, inflation is hurting everyone and you gotta focus on putting food on the table and gas in your tank.

Every lame duck excuse for why private > retail is easily shot down.
Horizon is full of changes that its not even close to what 75 actually was.
A new server popped up on BG with that 75-era experience: with trusts, HP warps, run/geo, abyssea, mounts etc…..this is retail capped at 75 without SoA.
“SE doesnt make new content” as they play the same content from 15 years ago frozen in time.

Just say “its free”. Easy.

I actually believe it's more a mix of nostalgia and people resistance to new things. More so the latter. Even at work, I find it impossible to teach new concepts to various people my age or older. I'm almost 40, for reference. (*** I'm old). While I try and keep an open mind about things, even I am finding it more and more difficult to learn new things. Learning the new content may just simply be something people don't want to be bothered with.

Additional, I also believe the massive amount of things that can get us banned keeps most of us from wanting to stream. Which is also why pretty much everyone streaming the game right now is on horizon, not retail. So there is also that publicity aspect.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-02-25 11:56:08
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Humpo said: »
Additional, I also believe the massive amount of things that can get us banned keeps most of us from wanting to stream. Which is also why pretty much everyone streaming the game right now is on horizon, not retail. So there is also that publicity aspect.
I didnt know Horizon allows the use of CP and EF and other bots.
By CrAZYVIC 2023-02-25 12:49:18
Link | Citer | R

It would be cool if all the private server stans just stop making excuses and just be honest about why they play private

I start with FFXI-RETAIL it killed itself. It is not the fault of the private servers, nor of the traitors who are playing on those servers, nor of an alien conspiracy in which they are trying to destroy the official servers.

If retail was providing "Quality" content, no private server would tickle it. If they had done a revamp of Sky, Sea, limbus, omega, ultima, KSNM99, Kings NMS, nyzul, savage, ZNM, einherjar, dynamis, voidwatch, abyssea, legion, delve versions lV175+ with horizontal progression and content for 12 men allowing entry With 6/18 depending your LS, RETAIL would be glorious.

If retail took care of its game of "RMT, shouts" and "Third party tools". You would see more job points, exemplar points parties and shouts for the content mentioned above.

If only retail hadn't killed CRAFTING with the curio-moggles + sparks. There would be an economy in the game, the D.divergence weapons was an excellent decision to revive crafting, the same should be done with other crafts.

If retail fired those two grandparents who do the digest every 30 days and hired mid age Japanese guys who speak English correctly who are actively playing FFXI to do the podcasts they will be interesing. It seems the Horizon podcasts are official server ones and the digest is the private server...

In conclusion FFXI-Retail out his own grave

People play FFXI-CLASSIC for unique personal reasons. We agree that FFXI retail > FFXI CLASSIC in gameplay/endgame difficulty but I would ask the same question if FFXIV/ModernWoW > FFXI RETAIL why do you keep playing it? You could answer me with 10 emotional and rational reasons but that's private and none of my business
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-02-25 13:32:25
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
If retail was providing "Quality" content, no private server would tickle it.

Yup the problem with retail is a lack of “quality” content. Did you just suggest camping kings is “quality content”? Afking for 28 minutes every 30 minutes for 1-7 spawn windows is “quality” content? Farming 2005 sky is “quality” content?

Cmon lol

Quote:
content for 12 men allowing entry With 6/18 depending your LS, RETAIL would be glorious.
I agree with this. I loathe the 6 person limit, and their implementation of HP scaling is trash as it implies every extra body increases DPS linearly. (Inbr Eiryl “everyone will merc and sell everything and bring 12 bard cor for super buffs” pls stop talking)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-25 13:36:22
Link | Citer | R

He's got the right idea.

Any damage fake servers do is dwarfed by the self inflicted damage.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-02-25 13:41:33
Link | Citer | R

Im not sayin SE hasnt been their own enemy at times, im just sayin the private server stans are broke and coming up with garbage easily debunked excuses to justify why private > retail.

As mentioned above, theres a new private server that is literally retail without SoA capped at 75. Abyssea, mounts, run/geo, hp warps, trusts, RoE, etc. how is someone gonna say “i prefer the 75-era aesthetic” when theyre playing on a server with 99% of the post-WotG QoL adjustments?
[+]
By Nariont 2023-02-25 13:47:37
Link | Citer | R

speaking of the old days probably going to need some inb4 the lock gifs as the inevitable sperg out from horizon/anti-horizon feud causes an inevitable lock again
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-02-25 13:56:32
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
speaking of the old days probably going to need some inb4 the lock gifs as the inevitable sperg out from horizon/anti-horizon feud causes an inevitable lock again
Have you tried quote trains?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-02-25 14:05:11
Link | Citer | R

QUOTE TRAIN!
Quote train!

+1
Goblin train @ Selbina {Take care}
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2023-02-25 15:40:55
Link | Citer | R

after reading the people who whine about private servers for so long. i am now actively rooting against retail. i hope when eden finally gets salvage and einherjar figured that it's the final nail in the coffin and bleeds retail of every active player except the 2 people here who can't let others enjoy what they want.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-02-25 17:01:20
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
after reading the people who whine about private servers for so long. i am now actively rooting against retail. i hope when eden finally gets salvage and einherjar figured that it's the final nail in the coffin and bleeds retail of every active player except the 2 people here who can't let others enjoy what they want.

Honestly the worst take, just look at what you're posting. You literally are rooting for the death of this game, on a forum that was built and designed for said game. It's honestly weird to me that anyone could hate XI that posts on this forum. That is why I always say they could do a case study on some XI and Ex-XI players... so weird to me. Yeah, we can't let a bunch of freeloaders on a dumb overhyped private server "enjoy what they want." They are actively working towards the death of a game we care very much about and we are suppose to not do or say anything? Insane.

Exactly like Radial has said, if this was the XIV community they would be up in arms, instead here you have people rooting for the games demise.
By Draylo 2023-02-25 17:07:53
Link | Citer | R

CrAZYVIC said: »
I start with FFXI-RETAIL it killed itself. It is not the fault of the private servers, nor of the traitors who are playing on those servers, nor of an alien conspiracy in which they are trying to destroy the official servers.

If retail was providing "Quality" content, no private server would tickle it.

It is the fault of SE, they stopped caring about XI and it shows.

Quote:
If they had done a revamp of Sky, Sea, limbus, omega, ultima, KSNM99, Kings NMS, nyzul, savage, ZNM, einherjar, dynamis, voidwatch, abyssea, legion, delve versions lV175+ with horizontal progression and content for 12 men allowing entry With 6/18 depending your LS, RETAIL would be glorious.

No it wouldn't, because people would just burn thru the content and quit again. Look at everything you just typed out, they were ALREADY REVAMPED. Multiple times for some of them!

Sky, Sea revamped into Escha
Limbus got a v2 since cap rose and some pieces are still relevant
Omega/Ultima have their own Master trial.. and got lv99 versions
KSNM99 was redone already with the sacred kindred crests
Salvage got a v2 and is still relevant today for Alex/some gear
ZNM still relevant due to trophies
Einherjar still relevant due to mythic progression
Dynamis literally just got new high level zones a couple of years ago lol...
Voidwatch and Abyssea and Legion would be nice, but these are all things post 75 cap
Delve NMs redone in Odyssey
Literally every HNM and popular NM was redone in UNM and later given further benefit thru augments

Quote:
If retail took care of its game of "RMT, shouts" and "Third party tools". You would see more job points, exemplar points parties and shouts for the content mentioned above.

Yup, agree. They just don't care

Quote:
If retail fired those two grandparents who do the digest every 30 days and hired mid age Japanese guys who speak English correctly who are actively playing FFXI to do the podcasts they will be interesing. It seems the Horizon podcasts are official server ones and the digest is the private server...

It isn't their fault, its SE as the parent company. They don't want to invest into XI, the producer already said he would do an expansion if he had the budget and green light. I also blame Yoshi-P and XIV
 Asura.Benchiro
By Asura.Benchiro 2023-02-25 17:57:11
Link | Citer | R

No Ferrari, I'd rather have World Peace and Brotherhood Amongst Men.

Cars are replaceable. And not important to me.

In the end who gives a *** who plays what, if they love it and its not nambla related, more power to em.
By Dodik 2023-02-25 17:57:49
Link | Citer | R

I would ask the same question if FFXIV/ModernWoW > FFXI RETAIL why do you keep playing it?

This is a fallacy. How is either FFXIV/WoW "better" than XI retail?

I don't like either XIV nor WoW and yes I played them both. XI keeps me coming back. There are many reasons for that but in short, the gameplay is better.

This is subjective, not objective. Same goes for most people that prefer XI I would imagine.

Agreed on the 6 player limit tho. No increasing the limits would not add mercing. Mercing does not exist outside Asura - maybe the top 2/3 population servers.

Small servers are all 5-6 boxers "soloing" all content and not needing to group up. Rest grind it out solo or in statics.
By macsdf1 2023-02-25 18:21:39
Link | Citer | R

just report those non-retail servers and have se shut them all down!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-02-25 18:22:42
Link | Citer | R

if FFXIV/ModernWoW > FFXI RETAIL why do you keep playing it?
They're not now nor ever have been "better". The proper word is "different" and therefore appeal to different audiences. It's like asking which is better between Super Mario Galaxy and Halo 3, the answer depends on whom you ask.

I think one of the biggest issues FFXI has ever faced is that the genre "MMORPG" has never expanded beyond its initial description. FFXI and games like EverQuest are a completely different genre than games like XIV and WoW, yet they're always lumped together and contrasted as such. Instead of comparing Metroid with Castlevania, we're comparing Metroid with Sonic the Hedgehog because "they're both platformers, right?"

It ultimately hurts FFXI because someone's just going to try XIV first. And even if they don't like it, they'll just dismiss XI as "Well if I didn't like XIV, I'd surely not like the game that's 10 years older". But if we properly differentiated the two genres, not only would that better encourage people try it, it would help players find games that they would like more.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-02-25 20:07:59
Link | Citer | R

macsdf1 said: »
just report those non-retail servers and have se shut them all down!

there already people posting on official forums, but SE keeps deleting the threads or some dumb moderator.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-25 20:19:30
Link | Citer | R

They could not possibly care less. We say that too much about too many things, but it's very true on this.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-02-25 20:20:09
Link | Citer | R

If Square-Enix put out a C&D for any private server, that server would basically become a martyr and its development team would become heroes. "Oh wow, Square-Enix themselves felt threatened by this server. Obviously it was on the right track and it's clearly better than their product!"
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9