Anyone From The Old Days Still Around?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Quetzalcoatl » Anyone from the old days still around?
Anyone from the old days still around?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By Manque 2023-02-15 17:35:07
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
NA PS2 release, Kujata, Cdog.

Played steady up until about 2 years ago. Game’s just not as fun without the buddies, ya know? And my work schedule prevents me from getting in with an LS again so just sorta drift lol.

Yo Cdog. We used to do XP up in sky on Kujata XD.

Yes, necro. Bite me.

Manque from Kujata. Hallo!
[+]
 Phoenix.Fezz
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Fezz
By Phoenix.Fezz 2023-02-15 18:20:02
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix from the start as Fezz in 2005-6ish?.

I remember going to the Convention in Anaheim where they introduced Dancer and such. I won an AMD CPU that day! took pictures with Mithra!

lots of good memories.

went to Ramuh then Bahamut after merger as Fezzphx.

then returned to Phoenix as Fezz again, and staying put until servers shut down or I do.
 Asura.Dexprozius
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-02-15 18:37:17
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Kathee said: »
I was from Garuda - Darlin, Brie
Lakshmi - now Kathee

Dex I knew you, you were one of Phaffi's friends.

I remember you, I still talk to Phaffi to this day. He's an english teacher in Japan now
 Asura.Wickedbass
By Asura.Wickedbass 2023-02-15 19:47:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dreimar said: »
Took 5Months to me to reach lv75, what a pain. T-VT mobs where giving... 200 exp? Dying meant loosing 4000exp? Anyway Servers: Fairy -> Sylph -> Asura, starting sept. 2004 (with some Detox-Breaks ^.- )

Same server path for me from day 1. Bellincion
By Draylo 2023-02-15 20:47:16
Link | Citer | R

Don't yall ever get tired of reminiscing? It seems like every year people do it and we constantly have these threads.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2023-02-15 21:36:40
Link | Citer | R

Hey Draylo, stop being a buzz kill, these peeps wanna say Hi, then let em be. They arent hurting you. Do not YOU get tired of crashing every comment?
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-02-15 21:46:03
Link | Citer | R

Isn't the act of playing this 20 year old game in some form reminiscing?
[+]
By Draylo 2023-02-15 21:46:32
Link | Citer | R

about as tired as they get creating these threads literally every month. Or posting screenshots "MEMBER DIS", or worse PRIVATE SERVERS. Some people just have nothing to look forward to I guess, so they are forced to look back. How sad. Anyway, I'm not hurting anyone either just leaving my comment like anyone else.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2023-02-15 21:49:03
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
or worse PRIVATE SERVERS.

Yeah, I hate how they pay off streamers, accept millions, and do no work other than just clone an emulator! It's practically proven at this point.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-02-15 21:49:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dexprozius said: »

Not really, I see people create content for this game across different platforms. I see people speculating on things or discussing current content or strategies. Then the annoying part that constantly talks about the past 24/7. Nothing new matters to them or any content created after x date. That could be due to the fact the game is 20 yrs old, sure. I don't have a large reference for other 20yr old games+ but I guess they do the same. I just like to read different things, but I wanted to ask if anyone else got tired of it lol.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-02-15 21:54:56
Link | Citer | R

I normally don't disagree with your commentary, but this just comes across as jaded and bitter.

It's not like the thread was created, it was bumped. Someone probably searched the thread and bumped it with the interest of meeting an old friend or sharing an experience and others such as myself were like "hey yeah I had this experience, anyone I might have played with back then also lookin?".

Ok, you're over the popular discourse of Private Servers. That's fair, its very prevalent right now with a big one just launching... Why bring it into here, which had nothing to do with it? This is clearly about people who play This game looking to play with each other. Something in other threads you've criticized others for avoiding (multiboxers etc.)

If we're still playing this game we're looking forward, otherwise we'd have quit and not be on this site in the 1st place. That doesn't mean its unreasonable to reflect on experiences we enjoyed that kept us playing or brought us back.

Finally, sure your comments don't hurt anyone, obviously. However, they are completely unnecessary if this thread isn't for you, why do you feel compelled to ***on it? It's like going to McDonalds and standing in the lobby screaming "This Sucks I Hate It Here!".
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-02-15 22:03:04
Link | Citer | R

Not really, I see people create content for this game across different platforms. I see people speculating on things or discussing current content or strategies. Then the annoying part that constantly talks about the past 24/7. Nothing new matters to them or any content created after x date. That could be due to the fact the game is 20 yrs old, sure. I don't have a large reference for other 20yr old games+ but I guess they do the same. I just like to read different things, but I wanted to ask if anyone else got tired of it lol.

That's fair. I think when any game reaches a few decades old, it'll naturally have a wealth of experiences that people will draw from. I also think what you're seeking (discussion of strats to bleeding edge content) is absolutely happening, quite often. I just find the fact that this thread was literally dead until bumped means it's probably not the most popular topic. Then again, I may have missed some posts where this was also discussed and if that's what your noticing it probably gets stale really quick.

Just to wrap it up to answer your final thought; I think theres plenty of different things discussed here. I am constantly refreshing odyssey and sortie threads when I get a free moment at work to see if new strats are discovered, how people are finding consistent success, etc. It's fascinating and fun.

Also, I think people who are itching for some nostalgia without wanting to fully jump ship and play a private server will on occasion look to threads like this for a quick read to get their fix. That's kind of how I felt at least, so I wont speak for everyone.

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
or worse PRIVATE SERVERS.

Yeah, I hate how they pay off streamers, accept millions, and do no work other than just clone an emulator! It's practically proven at this point.

I'm not playing on one, nor do I follow the discourse... but that's gross if true. Millions? I find it hard to fathom how that's possible. It feels like the main game is barely afloat as is, let alone if there's actually millions being siphoned into off brand options.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2023-02-15 22:20:46
Link | Citer | R

I'm not playing on one, nor do I follow the discourse... but that's gross if true. Millions? I find it hard to fathom how that's possible. It feels like the main game is barely afloat as is, let alone if there's actually millions being siphoned into off brand options.

/sarcasm
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-02-15 22:21:24
Link | Citer | R

Ah, right over my head. My bad
By Draylo 2023-02-15 22:27:23
Link | Citer | R

He's just trolling becausei brought it up in a reddit thread where people are finally seeing the patterns. He loves drama that guy
[+]
By macsdf1 2023-02-15 22:28:49
Link | Citer | R

Started in 2003, quit and came back like 4x now.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-02-15 22:43:43
Link | Citer | R

He's just trolling becausei brought it up in a reddit thread where people are finally seeing the patterns. He loves drama that guy

I try to stay off the reddit.. it's just a much more toxic version of the forums haha...
Want to clarify, was just trying to push back from your point, not trying to give you a hard time.

macsdf1 said: »

I feel like it's hard to quit this game. I know that most people I've interacted with that successfully quit had to literally give their account away and/or sell and drop everything of value... When I know in the back of my mind my hundreds and hundreds of days playtime is still sitting there on a shelf, its so easy to come back and jump into whatever I missed out on.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2023-02-15 22:54:44
Link | Citer | R

Hey Kettle, you're black.
-- Pot probably
[+]
By Draylo 2023-02-15 23:32:38
Link | Citer | R

Yeah i tried to stay away too but it's boring here lately. And any thread of substance gets shut down instantly due to the same handful of trolls. Or it's member berry threads, which are even worse

Reddit is so toxic tho, you get rated down and your post stops showing, so childish lol.
 Bahamut.Galakar
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2023-02-16 03:59:46
Link | Citer | R

Reddit is so toxic tho, you get rated down and your post stops showing, so childish lol.

They say the same about FFXIAH.

Though some of the Reddit posts are hilarious (and not in a positive way).
By Dodik 2023-02-16 06:12:53
Link | Citer | R

Manque said: »
Manque from Kujata. Hallo!
'Sup dude!
[+]
By Dodik 2023-02-16 06:13:33
Link | Citer | R

Don't yall ever get tired of reminiscing? It seems like every year people do it and we constantly have these threads.
Don't you ever get tired of being so negative? Let people have their fun.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
Serveur: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2023-02-21 09:50:58
Link | Citer | R

This Topic 5+ yo
— OP has Left the Building
— Nobody still here Started playing Yesterday
— That was True even 5+ years ago
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2023-02-21 09:55:22
Link | Citer | R

Yeah i tried to stay away too but it's boring here lately. And any thread of substance gets shut down instantly due to the same handful of trolls. Or it's member berry threads, which are even worse

I honestly do NOT grasp the Bully Mob mentality here on FFXIAH. The abusive language towards others. The deliberate insults thrown at others over them simply supplying NEW ideas.

It’s nothing NEW in & of itself. It’s just fkn WEIRD.
I don’t act like such in RL towards anyone so why would I do such here?

It’s not seriously impressive seeing Adults behaving like lil punks aka KB warriors.
I fail to sometimes see myself speaking amongst other MEN but rather lil BOYS tbh.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-02-21 12:26:01
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2023-02-21 12:49:35
Link | Citer | R

Not so convinced that’s always the outcome…..
Not when I see literal Children gunning down fellow Classmates
I think ’2023’ is actually the BEST possible Outcome otherwise….
We created the consequences of someone going Postal our own selves
That’s why it is always BEST to teach Children via being an Example

My2Cents.jpg

I’m not the type to handle Adversity so Poorly.
Yet I know the Generation of Children committing such Acts is NOT mine
Do they NOT have any Parents or Role Models showing them Leadership?
Idk tbh yet that’s all the talking points nowadays of Why Children do such is via Bullying &/or being Isolated
This is what we create via acting like such towards others supposedly or so we assume

’2023’ is obviously in our collective Best Interests

Now. It’s a Problem. Not vice versa.
By RadialArcana 2023-02-21 13:22:21
Link | Citer | R

Those two things are not related, because one of those things was way worse in the past and the other wasn't anywhere near as high back then.

If you live in a society where almost everyone is fixated with being famous, then making these losers who do bad things famous with wall to wall media attention and a place in the history books is not a good idea.

You're going to get the thread locked, taking it to 10 like that.

/google adrev
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2023-02-21 13:24:45
Link | Citer | R

I only know what the Media claims is responsible for causing Children to commit such acts. I’m not a Psychiatrist. I’m only saying there are Consequences to how we treat others.

Unless I misinterpreted the underlined message being conveyed here
By Rinuko 2023-02-21 15:05:39
Link | Citer | R

macsdf1 said: »

I joined the game around late 2004, shortly after the EU PC launch.
Also, quit numerous times over the years. I don't remember my first server but been all over the place (Cerberus, Bismarck, Ragnarok, Asura, Bahamut) I spent the most time on Bismarck and Ragnarok back during the HNM days, up until abyssea era which is when I probably took my most prolonged hiatus, between 2011 ish until 2017.

My first memory of this game was "how do I save the game", this was my first MMO/Online game experience. It has been almost 20 years. I feel old now lol
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9