Organizer!
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-29 11:41:30
Link | Citer | R

Deleted everything inside the Data folder, had Organizer re-create a blank settings.xml.
Edited the xml with the following settings:

But still same results.
Organizer takes items out of my inv, but doesn't put anything in.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-29 11:44:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Deleted everything inside the Data folder, had Organizer re-create a blank settings.xml.
Edited the xml with the following settings:

But still same results.
Organizer takes items out of my inv, but doesn't put anything in.

Are you on the dev windower? One got pushed to dev this morning with a better debug log - in data/ there's an organizer-debug.log.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-29 11:55:18
Link | Citer | R

No I'm on live windower atm. Was working perfectly yesterday for me.
Other people in my LS are claiming it's still working for them, so it seems there could be something in my settings.xml that's amiss.

Posted them both in the last page.
Not sure what could it be...
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-05-29 12:04:21
Link | Citer | R

No I'm on live windower atm. Was working perfectly yesterday for me.
Other people in my LS are claiming it's still working for them, so it seems there could be something in my settings.xml that's amiss.

Posted them both in the last page.
Not sure what could it be...

As I told Sechs in LS, I updated with today's update that was pushed, changed jobs from whm to thf, and it appears to have worked fine for me. All my thf gear got put into inv, and whm put away.
By Diggerguy 2015-05-29 12:21:18
Link | Citer | R

I'm afraid to say that I too am still having problems with Organizer. When I run it after a job change it just hangs seemingly midway through the process, as checking gear afterwards it seems to grab gear and then fail whilst collecting gear from various safe, storage, satchel etc. It seems to crash luacore after this so unable to reload any addons. This has been happening for the last couple of days and have been watching this thread for solutions, but no suggestions that have been posted seem to have worked.
If i can post any logs etc that may help you please say so and where I may find them.
I know this issue must be a right pain for you atm Rooks, but any help you could offer would be great. :-)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-29 12:35:53
Link | Citer | R

Before today's patch everything was working super smoothly for me. Never had any issue over the last week(s).
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-05-29 12:57:28
Link | Citer | R

Before today's patch everything was working super smoothly for me. Never had any issue over the last week(s).

Another ls member of ours is having same problem with Sechs. He did not update it on another computer though so used those files (from before today's update) to get his working again. Something in today's update messed up organizer for people it appears.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-29 12:58:56
Link | Citer | R

everyone, everywhere said:
organizer problems

So, first off, sorry that organizer still isn't squeaky clean. That said, the patch that's on dev right now actually solves a number of problems, and enhances the logging in ways to make it easier to both diagnose and report bugs/issues.

Hopefully that fix gets pushed live soon - I have been completely unable to reproduce crashes with it (and I had just gotten to where I could make them happen again, so I'm optimistic).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-29 13:03:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cyleena said: »

Another ls member of ours is having same problem with Sechs. He did not update it on another computer though so used those files (from before today's update) to get his working again. Something in today's update messed up organizer for people it appears.

The update that went live, did. I fixed a couple of things and in the process broke something else. I've fixed that and it got pushed to dev, but it isn't in live yet.

I've been a professional programmer for two decades and organizer is hands down the most obnoxious thing I've ever had to test. There's a whole bunch of reasons for that, but the fact of the matter is that things are going to slip by. Sorry about that. A big thanks to everyone who sends me bug reports and logs, they really do help! I'm hoping the new debug log will make it easier to report problems in the future.
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-05-29 13:22:26
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »

The update that went live, did. I fixed a couple of things and in the process broke something else. I've fixed that and it got pushed to dev, but it isn't in live yet.

I've been a professional programmer for two decades and organizer is hands down the most obnoxious thing I've ever had to test. There's a whole bunch of reasons for that, but the fact of the matter is that things are going to slip by. Sorry about that. A big thanks to everyone who sends me bug reports and logs, they really do help! I'm hoping the new debug log will make it easier to report problems in the future.

Really appreciate all that you guys do for making this work for us. We know it is time consuming, and sometimes difficult to keep it working. All of us expect bugs and other issues, and we appreciate you taking the time out to try to fix these issues.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-05-29 13:29:07
Link | Citer | R

It's actually just Rooks! He has been fixing all kinds of bugs!

I just afk and occasionally "peanut gallery" him.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-29 13:35:57
Link | Citer | R

Really appreciate all that you guys do for making this work for us. We know it is time consuming, and sometimes difficult to keep it working. All of us expect bugs and other issues, and we appreciate you taking the time out to try to fix these issues.

Well, don't get the wrong impression - I like working on organizer! I play too, so it helps me when it's working ;)

Honestly, the only frustrating thing is when I can't reproduce problems. There's no plausible way to unit test this stuff, and the possible permutations of user data/environment are functionally infinite.
 Shiva.Wickedness
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Wickedness 2015-05-29 13:57:15
Link | Citer | R

Can't for the life of me figure out why this isn't working. I've gone through my blu.lua and renamed it to gold.lua and made every set exactly the same. When I did this, and did //gs load gold.lua, I got an Organizer Library:Your sets table is empty when I did //gs org. Now if I only change 1 set(Idle.Standard) to my goldsmithing gear it will work but it will also pull out the rest of my blu gear, which isn't what I'm trying to do. Hopefully someone else can see what I'm doing wrong.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-29 14:09:51
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Wickedness said: »
Can't for the life of me figure out why this isn't working. I've gone through my blu.lua and renamed it to gold.lua and made every set exactly the same. When I did this, and did //gs load gold.lua, I got an Organizer Library:Your sets table is empty when I did //gs org. Now if I only change 1 set(Idle.Standard) to my goldsmithing gear it will work but it will also pull out the rest of my blu gear, which isn't what I'm trying to do. Hopefully someone else can see what I'm doing wrong.

So, what's the end goal? To just have your GS gear/items? Why have the rest of the sets at all?
 Bahamut.Alkk
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Alkai
By Bahamut.Alkk 2015-05-29 14:18:18
Link | Citer | R

So, first off, sorry that organizer still isn't squeaky clean. That said, the patch that's on dev right now actually solves a number of problems, and enhances the logging in ways to make it easier to both diagnose and report bugs/issues.

Hopefully that fix gets pushed live soon - I have been completely unable to reproduce crashes with it (and I had just gotten to where I could make them happen again, so I'm optimistic).

So if we manually dl and use your new dev version then how do we make use of these new report features to get you the info you need when something goes south?
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-29 14:20:33
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Alkk said: »

So if we manually dl and use your new dev version then how do we make use of these new report features to get you the info you need when something goes south?

In Windower/addons/organizer/data, there's a new file, "organizer-debug.log". It gets overwritten whenever you load Organizer, so it won't take up a lot of space. It should have everything necessary to debug a crash.
 Shiva.Wickedness
By Shiva.Wickedness 2015-05-29 14:20:45
Link | Citer | R

Yeah oddly enough it works. If I add the organizer_items = {} and change my Idle set to gold gear it will work and grab everything in organizer_items = {}. Problem is it will also grab everything else in the rest of my sets.

I just tried crashing all my instances and relogged in, hoping that would help, and for some reason, not sure why yet, it's magically working on 2 of my accts but still giving the sets table is empty message on a 3rd.
 Shiva.Wickedness
By Shiva.Wickedness 2015-05-29 14:36:28
Link | Citer | R

So, what's the end goal? To just have your GS gear/items? Why have the rest of the sets at all?

My original goal was to get only Goldsmithing gear and mats and stash everything else.

My first attempt initially had only 2 sets in it. organizer_items and an idle set. //gs load Gold.lua>>//gs org resulted in completely ignoring the Gold.lua and grabbing items based on my current job.

Second attempt I took a complete working .lua deleted all sets, with the exception of idle added organizer_items, and left all functions alone. This resulted in the Organizer Library:Your sets table is empty message.

Third attempt took the same .lua and just added organizer_items and changed the idle set to gold gear. Didn't touch anything else. This worked but also grabbed everything else in the untouched sets.

Fourth attempt copy and paste idle set into every set, result again is Organizer Library:Your sets table is empty.

Now it seems to work, for some unknown reason(since I didn't change anything) now on 2/3 of my accts. Third acct is still giving the Organizer Library:Your sets table is empty message.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-29 15:13:04
Link | Citer | R

Dev version of Organizer not working either for me. Getting a plethora of errors if I try to use the dev version :x But that might be caused by Luacore and not Organizer itself.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-29 15:22:48
Link | Citer | R

This is the error I get from the dev version:

Feels like it's ignoring the fact I deleted some entries in the "bag_priority" tag.
I don't have a bag called "nil" with priority 6 or 7.
Noticed in the dev settings.xml the line <custom> doesn't get created, maybe that's causing the issue?

Meanwhile, is there a repository where I can get yesterday's version somewhere?
Found it! It works ;)
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-29 15:58:34
Link | Citer | R

Feels like it's ignoring the fact I deleted some entries in the "bag_priority" tag.
I don't have a bag called "nil" with priority 6 or 7.
Noticed in the dev settings.xml the line <custom> doesn't get created, maybe that's causing the issue?

Meanwhile, is there a repository where I can get yesterday's version somewhere?
Found it! It works ;)

Can I see your settings.xml? That's an odd error to get.

[Edit: Also, 'custom' went away; I fixed an underlying problem in the core config library that had caused the need for it in the first place]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-29 16:42:20
Link | Citer | R

the settings.xml I used with the dev version was the default one created by Organizer itself. I just deleted some entries in the bag_priorities and changed the priority number. Nothing more nothing else.

Can't let you see it because I deleted it now.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-29 16:44:58
Link | Citer | R

So weird. I take stuff out of my settings all the time, especially testing, so a bug showing up from that really raises an eyebrow.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-29 16:49:20
Link | Citer | R

As I mentioned, it might have been caused by things external to Organizer.
I was using the Dev version on the Live windower. So with the live Luacore and libraries.
Those might be causing the issues I put in the second screenshot.
 Odin.Arai
Serveur: Odin
user: Arai
By Odin.Arai 2015-05-29 17:24:45
Link | Citer | R

Still having issues with bazaar'd items. Perhaps it is because the item I am bazaaring can also stack? When I try to run //org organize it just spews the following line forever:

Organizer: Skipping item: (Umbral Marrow) because it is in your bazaar.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-29 18:07:06
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Arai said: »
Still having issues with bazaar'd items. Perhaps it is because the item I am bazaaring can also stack? When I try to run //org organize it just spews the following line forever:

Organizer: Skipping item: (Umbral Marrow) because it is in your bazaar.

There's a fix for that specific problem in dev, and yes it's related to stackables - specifically, any stackable that fails to move for some reason (bazaared, nowhere to put it, etc)
 Bahamut.Alkk
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Alkai
By Bahamut.Alkk 2015-05-29 21:31:15
Link | Citer | R

I tried the dev ver. with one of my files that 100% always crashed lua before and now it works. Noticing a few things though.
a) It doesnt always take all the items even though the report says 0 items missing
b) My main inv ends up almost full with non relevant items even though there's plenty of space in my various storages
c) Sometimes it seems to get semi-stuck in a loop just switching the same items back and forth for a few min before it finally proceeds, always results in b though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-29 21:37:59
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Alkk said: »
I tried the dev ver. with one of my files that 100% always crashed lua before and now it works. Noticing a few things though.
a) It doesnt always take all the items even though the report says 0 items missing
b) My main inv ends up almost full with non relevant items even though there's plenty of space in my various storages
c) Sometimes it seems to get semi-stuck in a loop just switching the same items back and forth for a few min before it finally proceeds, always results in b though.

Can you send me (via PM, or pastebin, or something) the data/organizer-debug.log file? It gets overwritten every time you load/reload Organizer, so if you've done that since a crash/suspicious behavior, it won't help, but anything that shows that will help.

Thanks!
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-05-30 00:03:49
Link | Citer | R

Diggerguy said: »
I'm afraid to say that I too am still having problems with Organizer. When I run it after a job change it just hangs seemingly midway through the process, as checking gear afterwards it seems to grab gear and then fail whilst collecting gear from various safe, storage, satchel etc. It seems to crash luacore after this so unable to reload any addons. This has been happening for the last couple of days and have been watching this thread for solutions, but no suggestions that have been posted seem to have worked.
If i can post any logs etc that may help you please say so and where I may find them.
I know this issue must be a right pain for you atm Rooks, but any help you could offer would be great. :-)

Sorry, I wasn't trying to ignore this; I actually would like to see what your logs look like once you're on the next version (since I suspect you're falling victim to one of the crash conditions I fixed). If you're already on the dev version, sending me the organizer-debug.log is the next step.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22