NBA Finals 2014: Lebron Can't Take The Heat

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » NBA Finals 2014: Lebron can't take the heat
NBA Finals 2014: Lebron can't take the heat
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Syagin
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-06-16 13:29:25
Link | Citer | R

What blows me away is... when LBJ drops 30 he's a selfish uncoachable player... when tries to get his team involved he doesn't have killer insticted and is shying away from the momment. So please tell me what exactly do you think he is suppose to do?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-16 13:40:56
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
After complimenting him and saying he is the best player in the world he wouldn't? LOL you boys are a trip man forreal... I'd love for you guys to be the reporter asking POP that question and see the response you get LOL
I know you wouldn't remember this little tidbit, but Coach Pop had an arrogant player on the Spurs team once.

Well, to be honest, Coach Pop was still a GM at the time.

Anyway, Dennis Rodman came to SA for, what, 2 seasons? We got rid of him when it showed that he couldn't be coached (by the current coach) and his arrogance far exceeded his playing ability.

Now, Lebron isn't as bad as Rodman, but he is getting there. He needs a good coach to prevent another Rodman from happening, and there are too few good coaches out there currently to do it. Way too few good coaches....

Lebron is a great player, the best in the league right now. But he will never be like Jordan unless he starts playing like a team player and not like a solo player.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-16 13:42:37
Link | Citer | R

What blows me away is... when LBJ drops 30 he's a selfish uncoachable player... when tries to get his team involved he doesn't have killer insticted and is shying away from the momment. So please tell me what exactly do you think he is suppose to do?
Lead his team.
 Carbuncle.Yellowman
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Yellowman
By Carbuncle.Yellowman 2014-06-16 13:46:11
Link | Citer | R

after reading this whole thread i'm not sure if some of you folks even really watch basketball at all. there's some good points out there but seriously have you guys not watch the series? lebron carried the heat on his back and did what he could have done yea he's no MJ and no kobe and i wouldn't want him playing like them he's his own original and even if he doesn't have 5~6 rings he's still the best thing that came in for this era the man score 20+ points through this series but yet you guys bashing him when the rest of the heat team couldn't do crap plus i find it so funny that he's a ball hog but if you look at his career stats his assist stats is already catching up to kobe who was much more of a ball hog.
 Carbuncle.Yellowman
By Carbuncle.Yellowman 2014-06-16 13:56:11
Link | Citer | R

he led his team by doing what he had to do he ain't kobe to be scoring no 81 points that's not his game even since cleveland his game hasn't changed this is a team sports not one on one everything plays a role even the coaching which i have no clue what was going on in spo mind but khawi leanord played a hell of a game defense and offensively wise the man was on fire even if a hand was in his face there's nothing that could have been done. but for the heat james had no help none from wade which it seem like he left his game back with the pacers besides game 2 for the spurs bosh lol well he just played horrible defensively wise with all the dumb double teams him and the other's was doing which led to the spurs playing the great key basketball by moving the ball around.

edit: meant to quote kingnobody
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-16 14:07:30
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Yellowman said: »
he led his team by doing what he had to do he ain't kobe to be scoring no 81 points that's not his game even since cleveland his game hasn't changed this is a team sports not one on one everything plays a role even the coaching which i have no clue what was going on in spo mind but khawi leanord played a hell of a game defense and offensively wise the man was on fire even if a hand was in his face there's nothing that could have been done. but for the heat james had no help none from wade which it seem like he left his game back with the pacers besides game 2 for the spurs bosh lol well he just played horrible defensively wise with all the dumb double teams him and the other's was doing which led to the spurs playing the great key basketball by moving the ball around.

When you are going to play a team that works together and, as a whole, is a whole lot better than the only person who showed up for your team in the Finals, that shows a lack of leadership quality in Lebron. Heck, the Spurs bench can hold their own against the starters of the Miami Heat.

That lack of leadership quality is the reason why I will always say that, in terms of being a great player, Tim Duncan will always be a better player than Lebron James.

Stat vomit doesn't make a good player, but how he controls the flow of the game, how he makes stops against the other team, how he motivates his team into coming from behind and making the difference in the game.

Duncan has it. Lebron doesn't.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Yellowman
By Carbuncle.Yellowman 2014-06-16 14:20:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
After complimenting him and saying he is the best player in the world he wouldn't? LOL you boys are a trip man forreal... I'd love for you guys to be the reporter asking POP that question and see the response you get LOL
I know you wouldn't remember this little tidbit, but Coach Pop had an arrogant player on the Spurs team once.

Well, to be honest, Coach Pop was still a GM at the time.

Anyway, Dennis Rodman came to SA for, what, 2 seasons? We got rid of him when it showed that he couldn't be coached (by the current coach) and his arrogance far exceeded his playing ability.

Now, Lebron isn't as bad as Rodman, but he is getting there. He needs a good coach to prevent another Rodman from happening, and there are too few good coaches out there currently to do it. Way too few good coaches....

Lebron is a great player, the best in the league right now. But he will never be like Jordan unless he starts playing like a team player and not like a solo player.

how is he playing like a solo player when he's trying to create for the rest of them team but they couldn't do crap? bro again look at the stats of this series and look at the stats from last nights game here's the link http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400559378 now danny green is the only starter or whatnot left with 0 points now look at the heat lineup and points and also look who had the highest bench points for the heat in that was at the end, heck look at the top permformers which was khawi and lebron you telling me those stats are not a leading team stats? it's not his fault if wade is trying to hard but keeps failing or for chalmers to be playing the way he did or screw that for the rest of the team that played like ***while he in the other hand tried to carry the team on his shoulder i'm pretty sure MJ and kobe didn't had to carry their team that bad.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-16 14:28:15
Link | Citer | R

If anyone should be criticized this year, its Kevin Durant. As long as he keeps deferring to Westbrook, he will never win a ring.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-06-16 14:29:40
Link | Citer | R

I know you wouldn't remember this little tidbit, but Coach Pop had an arrogant player on the Spurs team once. Well, to be honest, Coach Pop was still a GM at the time. Anyway, Dennis Rodman came to SA for, what, 2 seasons? We got rid of him when it showed that he couldn't be coached (by the current coach) and his arrogance far exceeded his playing ability. Now, Lebron isn't as bad as Rodman, but he is getting there. He needs a good coach to prevent another Rodman from happening, and there are too few good coaches out there currently to do it. Way too few good coaches.... Lebron is a great player, the best in the league right now. But he will never be like Jordan unless he starts playing like a team player and not like a solo player.

Ah man King I wouldn't have expected that from you playa... you disappoint me :/ Rodman and LBJ in the same sentence -.-.

Lead his team.
He does it night in and night out check the tape my man. come on now we have to talk to facts.
 Carbuncle.Yellowman
By Carbuncle.Yellowman 2014-06-16 14:34:04
Link | Citer | R

When you are going to play a team that works together and, as a whole, is a whole lot better than the only person who showed up for your team in the Finals, that shows a lack of leadership quality in Lebron. Heck, the Spurs bench can hold their own against the starters of the Miami Heat.

That lack of leadership quality is the reason why I will always say that, in terms of being a great player, Tim Duncan will always be a better player than Lebron James.

Stat vomit doesn't make a good player, but how he controls the flow of the game, how he makes stops against the other team, how he motivates his team into coming from behind and making the difference in the game.

Duncan has it. Lebron doesn't.

ok well that i would say duncan is much way better then him but it's not only duncan playing that role is also the coach pop, he doesn't play that fullishness and you know it yourself pop is a great coach and i like the way he controls his team he doesn't play that the minute he see's you *** up he sits your butt down so you can't only blame lebron as it also goes to spo which you can't compare his coaching to pop heck i'm pretty sure the team players respect lebron more then spo but who are you and i to say that if lebron doesn't lead his team we are not in the locker rooms to see what goes on and if he is leading them and they are still playing horrible you can't put the blame on him that's like saying kobe is not a great leader also for not being able to lead his team to the playoffs on or off the court there for when you have players that wants it more then others they are going to outplay them especially as a team.
 Carbuncle.Yellowman
By Carbuncle.Yellowman 2014-06-16 14:37:28
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
If anyone should be criticized this year, its Kevin Durant. As long as he keeps deferring to Westbrook, he will never win a ring.

OMG the best comment i've seen to this AMEN bro i thought i was the only one who felt like this. this is true facts right here kevin durant will never win a ring if westbrook is playing next to him unless westbrook change up his game and play with some kind of IQ basketball and here's the example for the folks that talks down on lebron would you want him to play the way he's playing which there's nothing wrong with the way he palying or do you want lebron to be playing like westbrook?
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-06-16 14:38:38
Link | Citer | R

he led his team by doing what he had to do he ain't kobe to be scoring no 81 points that's not his game even since cleveland his game hasn't changed this is a team sports not one on one everything plays a role even the coaching which i have no clue what was going on in spo mind but khawi leanord played a hell of a game defense and offensively wise the man was on fire even if a hand was in his face there's nothing that could have been done. but for the heat james had no help none from wade which it seem like he left his game back with the pacers besides game 2 for the spurs bosh lol well he just played horrible defensively wise with all the dumb double teams him and the other's was doing which led to the spurs playing the great key basketball by moving the ball around. edit: meant to quote kingnobody
When you are going to play a team that works together and, as a whole, is a whole lot better than the only person who showed up for your team in the Finals, that shows a lack of leadership quality in Lebron. Heck, the Spurs bench can hold their own against the starters of the Miami Heat. That lack of leadership quality is the reason why I will always say that, in terms of being a great player, Tim Duncan will always be a better player than Lebron James. Stat vomit doesn't make a good player, but how he controls the flow of the game, how he makes stops against the other team, how he motivates his team into coming from behind and making the difference in the game. Duncan has it. Lebron doesn't.
King your looking at this from a tunnel vision and your dislike for LBJ is clouding your reason... LBJ as you know does not coach the team bro he's a player Your comparing LBJ to POP not to another player or players. He doesn't control the player rotation and the team match ups. he does what he's suppose to do get on the floor and ball out period.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-06-16 14:48:02
Link | Citer | R

Wow I guess punctuation is optional around here.

Who needs to be in the locker room? Anyone can make a big inspirational go team speech, but bottom line is out on the court is where it happens...or doesn't happen. Action. Execution. Follow-through.

Who knows? Maybe there's not enough humility and too much pride. Rattling everyone up and saying "I CANNOT DO THIS ALONE. HELP ME OUT GUYS. WHERE IS EVERYONE!?" imo Miami just had way too many people that felt entitled and thought the championship would just fall in their lap, and that's where the lack of leadership comes in. Instead, you see a T E A M that was united in a common cause, common goal, common focus, Duncan and the Spurs came hungry, Miami showed up like rock stars expecting the first class treatment.
 Carbuncle.Yellowman
By Carbuncle.Yellowman 2014-06-16 14:48:48
Link | Citer | R

he led his team by doing what he had to do he ain't kobe to be scoring no 81 points that's not his game even since cleveland his game hasn't changed this is a team sports not one on one everything plays a role even the coaching which i have no clue what was going on in spo mind but khawi leanord played a hell of a game defense and offensively wise the man was on fire even if a hand was in his face there's nothing that could have been done. but for the heat james had no help none from wade which it seem like he left his game back with the pacers besides game 2 for the spurs bosh lol well he just played horrible defensively wise with all the dumb double teams him and the other's was doing which led to the spurs playing the great key basketball by moving the ball around. edit: meant to quote kingnobody
When you are going to play a team that works together and, as a whole, is a whole lot better than the only person who showed up for your team in the Finals, that shows a lack of leadership quality in Lebron. Heck, the Spurs bench can hold their own against the starters of the Miami Heat. That lack of leadership quality is the reason why I will always say that, in terms of being a great player, Tim Duncan will always be a better player than Lebron James. Stat vomit doesn't make a good player, but how he controls the flow of the game, how he makes stops against the other team, how he motivates his team into coming from behind and making the difference in the game. Duncan has it. Lebron doesn't.
King your looking at this from a tunnel vision and your dislike for LBJ is clouding your reason... LBJ as you know does not coach the team bro he's a player Your comparing LBJ to POP not to another player or players. He doesn't control the player rotation and the team match ups. he does what he's suppose to do get on the floor and ball out period.

thank you this right here^^ for me the only reason i see folks hating on lebron besides him jumping ship is because all of the hype he has and haven't achieve much in their eyes that's the only reason i see that folks hate the man because of the hype but there's a bunch of nonsense that kingnobody says about lebron which just leads to that he doesn't watch lebron often because of course your a spurs fan or your just a pure hater who's still stuck with the 80's and 90's.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-16 14:54:51
Link | Citer | R

how is he playing like a solo player when he's trying to create for the rest of them team but they couldn't do crap?
You answered your own question.

Lebron didn't have anyone helping him. It wasn't that he wanted to play by himself, it was that his teammates never showed up.

it's not his fault if wade is trying to hard but keeps failing or for chalmers to be playing the way he did or screw that for the rest of the team that played like ***while he in the other hand tried to carry the team on his shoulder i'm pretty sure MJ and kobe didn't had to carry their team that bad.
Holy Run-on Sentence Batman!

It may not be Lebron's fault for how his teammates played, but as the only roleplayer in the team, it is his fault for not encouraging his team more.

Although it would be hard to see that if you look at stats alone. You would have to had watched the game to see that.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-16 15:00:55
Link | Citer | R

Um...I did not compare Lebron to Coach Pop.

Just because they are in the same post doesn't mean that there is a comparison.

thank you this right here^^ for me the only reason i see folks hating on lebron besides him jumping ship is because all of the hype he has and haven't achieve much in their eyes that's the only reason i see that folks hate the man because of the hype but there's a bunch of nonsense that kingnobody says about lebron which just leads to that he doesn't watch lebron often because of course your a spurs fan or your just a pure hater who's still stuck with the 80's and 90's.
Holy Run-on Sentence Batman!

Come back when you learn the English language, ok? Instead of accusing me of creating a bunch of "nonsense," why don't you show that you understand what I type.

Actually, both of you Lebron apologists need a good lesson in English....
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-06-16 15:12:08
Link | Citer | R

I'd give that another year but I'm not certain Brook knows how to handle the both of them
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-06-16 15:27:30
Link | Citer | R

King you are trippen hard playa. I have been waiting this whole time for you to mention erik spoelstra... Now you know you can't convince me you don't like LBJ !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-16 15:45:18
Link | Citer | R

King you are trippen hard playa. I have been waiting this whole time for you to mention erik spoelstra... Now you know you can't convince me you don't like LBJ !
But I did (indirectly).

He did not show the ability to control/coach Lebron. I highly doubt he will ever show that ability.

I'm wondering where you think I said I don't like Lebron. I have said that he is a great player with no leadership qualities, but he is able to be in the finals 5 times on his ability alone. Abet in a very weak Eastern Conference where he can get away with that, but he did make it to the finals 5 times.

He even had stars who were able to help him in key aspects too. They just couldn't measure up to sub-role players though.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-06-16 19:46:56
Link | Citer | R

But I did (indirectly).

He did not show the ability to control/coach Lebron. I highly doubt he will ever show that ability.

I'm wondering where you think I said I don't like Lebron. I have said that he is a great player with no leadership qualities, but he is able to be in the finals 5 times on his ability alone. Abet in a very weak Eastern Conference where he can get away with that, but he did make it to the finals 5 times.

He even had stars who were able to help him in key aspects too. They just couldn't measure up to sub-role players though.
I'm back! I don't think it would matter the conference. as you said he's naturally blessed and as you know he's able to guard 1-5 seeming as there is no centers now-a-days. But for entertainment purposes there are whispers that Houston could be wanting to entertain him to come there.
 Asura.Razorbeast
user: barkley1
By Asura.Razorbeast 2014-06-16 20:25:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Razorbeast said: »

LBJ apologist; at the end of the day; the guy has two franchise players and has a losing record in the finals. D-Wade is better than anyone on that bulls team save MJ; even this late in his career. The man won a chip without LBJ. He was not on the decline when they lost to Dallas; whats the excuse for that? You know, when LBJ failed to show up.....

At no point in his career has Wade been better than Scottie Pippen, a man that redefined the small forward position. Pippen is in the HOF and deserves to be, I doubt Wade ever comes close to it.

WHOAAAAAA......

Look what D-wade accomplished by himself and look what Pippen did post-MJ. Jordan MADE Pippen a serviceable nba player.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/1987/dwyane-wade

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/663/scottie-pippen

This year Wade is still shooting 50+ percent from the floor and averaging 19pts while deferring to LBJ; when Pippen left Jordan, he was crap.....without LBJ, Wade won a chip. Pippen never won $hit without MJ. His was a role player, not a franchise guy. Portland tried to, but he averaged like what?.....10pts? Rasheed was the man on that squad. Pippen did not define nothing, lol.....

Also, Wade will be in the HOF, book it. Pippen should be bringing MJ breakfast every morning; without MJ...well...see Portland Pippen.
 Asura.Razorbeast
By Asura.Razorbeast 2014-06-16 20:28:04
Link | Citer | R

These LBJ apologist are on a rampage...lol Pippen > D-Wade? WHAA?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-06-16 21:04:26
Link | Citer | R

D Wade is overrated and shouldn't be in the same sentence as Scottie Pippen.

He had one good year when the league was supporting him in order to screw over Cuban. After that he has been perma-injured reserved.
[+]
 Asura.Razorbeast
By Asura.Razorbeast 2014-06-16 21:20:40
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
D Wade is overrated and shouldn't be in the same sentence as Scottie Pippen.

He had one good year when the league was supporting him in order to screw over Cuban. After that he has been perma-injured reserved.

Check his stats; looks like more than one good year to me. Pippen was never a franchise player; D-wade was and won a ring; end of story.

I can sit here and make an argument that Kobe is overrated, but the stats prove otherwise; D-Wade is not overrated; the stats prove that.

Stats are made to prevent fanboydom; such as Pippen > Wade. The stats say that Wade is better over their careers. He has won hardware without Bron, Pippen did not sniff a ring without MJ.

When this guy left MJ, his production dropped tremendously; for FIVE seasons; no coincidence. Wade never averaged under 16pts per game, let alone single digits........

You guys say he is washed up, but this year, Wade is shooting a higher FG% than Pippen ever did and averaging close to 20pts per; right around what Pippen averaged in his best years.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-06-16 21:25:28
Link | Citer | R

Wades a beast just got them bad knees
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-16 21:30:49
Link | Citer | R

I'm back! I don't think it would matter the conference. as you said he's naturally blessed and as you know he's able to guard 1-5 seeming as there is no centers now-a-days. But for entertainment purposes there are whispers that Houston could be wanting to entertain him to come there.
Try again?

I'm not sure that's English there.

I know you are from Trinidad and Tobago, but isn't English the primary language there?

Not that I can say much about some Americans on this thread though...
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-06-16 21:56:58
Link | Citer | R

But I did (indirectly).

the conference and team line up does matter. If you're playing an overall weak conference your stats SHOULD shine since you should be mopping the floor with those teams. It's like saying you have an 11 man soccer/football team and the other team only has 2 strikers, 2 defenders, and a goalie. If you aren't stomping them, that means you're goofing off.

Throughout the season, you get teams that have their good days and bad days so you win and lose a few. For the most part you become very confident of your team and ability to handle situations that are in YOUR favor. But then WHAM you finally meet a team in the championship who can match your team, but also has experience, better teamwork, and BAM you will fall to pieces.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-06-16 22:00:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Razorbeast said: »
When this guy left MJ, his production dropped tremendously; for FIVE seasons; no coincidence. Wade never averaged under 16pts per game, let alone single digits........

You guys say he is washed up, but this year, Wade is shooting a higher FG% than Pippen ever did and averaging close to 20pts per; right around what Pippen averaged in his best years.

Its not an accurate comparison to compare stats of a guy who in his prime shared the stage with the greatest player to ever play the game vs a guy who has the majority of his stat line coming from being the only option for the majority of his career.

Do you know how to read stat lines?

You're going to post links to their stat lines and make a comment about Scottie Pippens rookie year and final years PT Average but ignore the fact he didn't start a single game in an era when the majority of rookies had limited minutes and has a lower FGM-A that year than Wade. There is a reason for that and it's called being Rookie role player vs being a Rookie who is in the Starter position.

Outside of that they're about even stat wise for the next 9 years. Though Wade's FGM-A and FG% in comparison to Pippen's is indicative that Pippen was a more efficient player. Especially when you start looking at those Steal to Turnover Ratios.

At the same time Pippen put in 17yrs with the league, I don't see Wade putting another 7 in let alone 2.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-06-16 22:00:59
Link | Citer | R

Winning a ring does not automatically make a person better than another person, especially when the person in question won 6. Wade has never been better than Pippen, and he never will be. There isn't even an argument for Wade. When Jordan went to play baseball Pippen's numbers just got better. What does Wade do better? Um nothing. I wouldn't even place him in the top 10 shooting guards of all time, especially since at age 32 he is pretty much done.
[+]