Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 736 737 738 ... 831 832 833
By ryukin182 2022-04-14 00:19:48
Link | Citer | R

Ive gotten 1 from gobbie dial and 1 from aman. My wife also got one from gobbie dial. But youre right, its still super rare
By Shichishito 2022-04-14 01:30:11
Link | Citer | R

Rips said: »
Since this thread also serves as a pseudo random-FFXI thoughts thread:

I’ve been watching certain items sell on the AH board such as Orpheus’s Sash. A lot of the same names selling some over and over again.

Sketch. They’re incredibly rare and in all my mars orbs - and I’ve popped over 1000 of them now - I’ve seen one.
it's a rare item and ppl have to delivery box it anyway to not lose out on the trove, most likely to a go to character isntead of a random one of their mules. if they get one it's quite possible they log to that mule and sell it there.

but yeah, price fixing is very likely. considering how many are up on asura i wouldn't even be surprised if a exploit was discovered although it could also be increased supply due to the update and voucher horders trying their luck.
bahamut is the price fixing paradise, orpheus went from 100-110 to 120 within a month or two and now spiked to 130-150 right around the aman trove update. FFXI logic, supply increases price goes up as well.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-14 06:34:12
Link | Citer | R

People buy a pile of them and server jump them.
By Rips 2022-04-14 08:48:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
People buy a pile of them and server jump them.

Probably. Same deal with Kraken Club.
By Dunbar 2022-04-15 09:53:19
Link | Citer | R

How frequently does SE run the Discount campaign? Looks like one ended in January. Realized one of my Chars doesn't have Abyssea access and want to get that for less than $30.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-15 09:56:51
Link | Citer | R

Every 4 months (ish) should start relatively soon

Friday, December 25, 2020, at 12:00 a.m. (PST) to Friday, January 15, 2021, at the same hour.
Friday, May 14, 2021, at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Monday, May 31, at the same hour.
Friday, August 13, 2021, at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Tuesday, August 31, 2021 at the same hour.
Friday, December 17, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. (PST) to Wednesday, January 5, 2022, at the same hour.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-15 10:02:34
Link | Citer | R

Not question, but just a bounty. 100m reward for obtaining one of the Fortune's Favorite or High Roller titles. I will server transfer to deliver as necessary. Have to get the title and explain how, not just tell me how you think you get it.

They probably aren't in the game at all, good luck
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-04-15 12:58:58
Link | Citer | R

Plus price on O Sash could've spiked do to more stuff thrown in the Loud Thud pool. It's now like "oooooh, it could be an O Sash" and the game is like "SURPRISE, VOIDTAINT: MATSUI"
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-04-15 13:52:38
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Plus price on O Sash could've spiked do to more stuff thrown in the Loud Thud pool.

Just the belligerent bang loud thuds between chests 2-6 though, between 11:11 and 1:11 Vana time after entering on lightsday.
[+]
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Stalk
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2022-04-15 13:57:20
Link | Citer | R

Anyone else getting super lag is ody again?
By ryukin182 2022-04-17 11:51:03
Link | Citer | R

So I know even with lockstyleset, if you're on whm you'll blink if you change from club to a stave (for such like fast cast preset), is there any addon or anything that prevents this blink?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-04-17 12:29:53
Link | Citer | R

ryukin182 said: »
So I know even with lockstyleset, if you're on whm you'll blink if you change from club to a stave (for such like fast cast preset), is there any addon or anything that prevents this blink?
Dressup addon. It's in the windower launcher. Can lock down blinking completely for yourself, and everyone else too if you want.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-04-18 08:31:57
Link | Citer | R

Is there an addon that tells you the level of a monster?

Not a manually edited database, I mean actually checking it from the game data.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-04-18 08:44:47
Link | Citer | R

Battlemod, but it only works on mobs you can /check.
By RadialArcana 2022-04-18 08:55:41
Link | Citer | R

Awesome thanks, just what I was looking for.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-18 09:00:22
Link | Citer | R

Actual random question... I was thinking about the luopan regen and how a couple tics really is meaningless but when you stack it up it matters...

Does companion's roll work on luopans? I don't necessarily think there's anything of much value there, but why not right.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-04-18 09:41:57
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Is there an addon that tells you the level of a monster?

widescan packet has the levels for ITG things, as long as it's a zone you can use widescan in, ashita's checker addon has it built in (hit widescan and let the mob load, then check the mob manually and it'll show level)

i'm sure windower has / can easily have a comparable thing made
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2022-04-18 12:02:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Actual random question... I was thinking about the luopan regen and how a couple tics really is meaningless but when you stack it up it matters...

Does companion's roll work on luopans? I don't necessarily think there's anything of much value there, but why not right.
Yep, it works — actually makes a pretty noticeable difference, which is a nice perk if you're already using companion's for another reason (like for a PUP or something).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2022-04-26 13:06:17
Link | Citer | R

I've been doing some reading of the JP wiki/community posts etc. and I was a bit surprised by what they were saying about Aquaveil. It seems that the JP community has been convinced that at 500+ enhancing skill, Aquaveil gives 3 interrupts, while the NA community is convinced that it's 2 interrupts, and both sides have had these opinions for years.

I've also seen a lot of JP discussion about applying Aquaveil+ effects with Accession, and the JP wiki goes out of its way to specifically state that Aquaveil+ depends on the caster and not the recipients' gear, unlike enhancements for Phalanx and Stoneskin. This is also the opposite of what NA has figured out so far, afaik.

I'd like to look into this some more, but I was wondering if anyone had done any recent testing for this? It does seem to come up in connection with JP strategies for Odyssey.
(I think testing this myself with a willing test subject might end up getting a bit involved, so I thought I should ask first...)

JP wiki page: http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/1966.html

As it stands now, the NA findings seem more reliable to me, since I can't find much testing for the JP view and the JP wiki also doesn't list any sources. But I guess it would be nice if the JP community were right after all, looking at what a load of ***RUN gets for spell interruption.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-04-27 02:43:33
Link | Citer | R

That's interesting!
Granted I've always been midcasting Aquaveil in my Enhaskill set (combined with "Aquaveil+" pieces in the slots where I have them) so probably, at least on mage jobs with native enha skill, I'm already above the 500 Threshold.

The part about accession is quite interesting, would love to see some people testing that.
Difference should be high enough that it should be easy to spot, no?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-04-27 03:33:41
Link | Citer | R

Huh... I think the JP might be right on this one.

It does look like 500 skill Aquaveil is 3 interrupt guards. And it also look very, very, much like caster Aquaveil+ does apply to accessioned Aquaveil.

My test is poorly documented because.. apparently Geomancy doesn't have a spell completion message in the log... wtf? So It's hard to tell from logs when the spell resolved and if the mobs hit was during casting... or after. I guess I need to retest with /smn...

Anyway, test details.
PLD/GEO with 9 geomancy skill. Non ilvl weapon(affects interrupt rate) and facing away from the mob(no shield blocks)
Lvl 139 Apex Draugar.

Log for 500+ skill and no Aquaveil+

This is a log sample for an accessioned Aquaveil with 500+ skill and Aquaveil+4.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-04-27 04:27:08
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Martel.
Will wait for more input but sounds like we should be updating BGwiki!
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2022-04-27 09:08:02
Link | Citer | R

Thanks a lot for going ahead and testing this yourself! Certainly a pleasant surprise to see that a strong AOE'd Aquaveil might be an option for a coordinated group if the results of testing bear out.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-04-27 11:34:26
Link | Citer | R

I went out to test using /smn as well, but it turns out that.. summoning magic also doesn't have a log message for the completion of the cast. /tabelflip.

So I'm either going to have to add a message to my aftercast in lua, or use some other magic type. I went with Geomancy and summoning magic in the first place because I have no skill in them, thus basically no chance to not interrupt.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2022-04-27 14:55:40
Link | Citer | R

I could swear that the beginning harpsicord progression in this track was used in some FFXI music, but I can't think of where.

YouTube Video Placeholder

I'm like 80% sure because I remember the harpsicord track playing over the synth parts, something that the XIV track doesn't seem to do.
 Cerberus.Echohawk
Serveur: Cerberus
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2022-04-27 22:16:43
Link | Citer | R

What addon he is using for his buff bar and what addon is he using to display the party's buffs? Also is there an addon for exchanging with Gorpa-Masorpa yet? I'm lazy
By IGDC 2022-04-27 22:57:21
Link | Citer | R

XIView for buffs, PartyBuffs for ... well... party buffs.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-04-29 11:17:26
Link | Citer | R

Which slip can the new "Arc Shield" be stored in?
First Page 2 3 ... 736 737 738 ... 831 832 833