Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 735 736 737 ... 836 837 838
 Asura.Bippin
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-03-29 21:29:45
Link | Citer | R

GwenStacy said: »
It's no longer there :( the only thing i did was install xi-vision
I don't know what that is but its likely out of date.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-03-29 21:38:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »

most of the UI mods got borked with the addition of wardrobes 5-8 and the altered menus, so if XI-vision isn't being maintained (pretty much a post-February 2022 update), its going to mess up your menu options.

If you're looking for something maintained that's similar, check out XIView.
By GwenStacy 2022-03-29 21:42:03
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Bippin said: »

most of the UI mods got borked with the addition of wardrobes 5-8 and the altered menus, so if XI-vision isn't being maintained (pretty much a post-February 2022 update), its going to mess up your menu options.

If you're looking for something maintained that's similar, check out XIView.

gotcha, i was just looking for map dats
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-03-29 21:46:00
Link | Citer | R

oh that's right- XI vision was the mod that loaded marked up maps in-game (ie- coffer/chest positions, etc)?
By GwenStacy 2022-03-29 21:49:58
Link | Citer | R

yeah it was, any alternatives?
By llAKs0nll 2022-03-30 08:11:05
Link | Citer | R

What is the Addon that shows up as a Blue “Active Timer” Bar repeatedly displaying his inability to act during /WS /Item /Ma? Need that asap for spamming spells rapid fire.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Such is actually an ATB [ Active Time Bar ] taken directly out of older FF gaming.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-04-04 12:14:56
Link | Citer | R

What are the closest warps for the Aydeewa and Arrapago silver voucher NMs?
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-04-04 12:18:29
Link | Citer | R

Aydeewa = sg/un both will put you in the zone
Arrapago = caedarva sg then zone to arrapago
By ryukin182 2022-04-06 15:05:34
Link | Citer | R

So I've been away for a while and forgot how MMM works point wise. You get 6 C.C points to start out with, and the revit costs 3 points. But when the hour is up and I go back in, I only have 1-2 points. Shouldn't I have 4-5 points left since it only used 3?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-04-06 15:17:46
Link | Citer | R

You only need 3 CC points to get a revitalizer, however it uses all the CC point you currently have.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2022-04-06 17:13:20
Link | Citer | R

Silly-sounding question... is "Death" treated as a status ailment? I'm building a Resist Death set and beyond the obvious options (Shadow Ring, Warder's Ring, Odium, etc) I'm not sure what to fill this set with. I'm stacking MEVA but was wondering if the Volte Jupon set would help any.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-04-06 17:22:01
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Silly-sounding question... is "Death" treated as a status ailment? I'm building a Resist Death set and beyond the obvious options (Shadow Ring, Warder's Ring, Odium, etc) I'm not sure what to fill this set with. I'm stacking MEVA but was wondering if the Volte Jupon set would help any.
I want to recall No, not even MEVA helps with resist of death.

Looking for a source on that

Edit:
https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/108199-Random-Facts-Thread-Other?p=6981981&viewfull=1#post6981981
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-04-06 19:28:46
Link | Citer | R

Is there any way to stop /cancel's tendency to mpk people via cancelling their sneak after they cast it?
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2022-04-07 02:59:51
Link | Citer | R

The cancel addon doesn't cancel any buffs automatically, it'll probably be your gearswap file or something else sending the cancel sneak command. Put it in pretarget/precast and add a delay to the spell or increase the delay if you want to be safer.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-04-07 06:51:25
Link | Citer | R

ctrl +f on the main gearswap file and the includes did not show the word "cancel" or "sneak" together anywhere when I checked beforehand and when I double checked just now. As such I am forced to keep my conclusion that cancel is working on it's own or due to some misc addon having that functionality added for no good reason. Match case was turned off in the search bar.
There a a bunch of cancel functions in an include, but none of them pertain to sneak.
Eg no ws during amnesia.

The only other possible culprit is if it was included in the default motes-include and it doesn't come up on other jobs due to less fast cast.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2022-04-07 08:24:47
Link | Citer | R

Mote-Utility.lua has code for cancelling sneak, you could add the cast_delay(0.2) to the elseif for the spell and increase the delay if you need to.

You could also remove sneak from the cancel_spells_to_check if you didn't want it to cancel sneak at all.

If this doesn't help you could unload gearswap and cast sneak to see if it's definitely gearswap doing it or something else.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-04-07 13:50:01
Link | Citer | R

That probably explains it. It's not listed on the includes on my .lua,so I'd naturally be unable to find it when looking around to try and figure out what caused that problem.
By Dubfire 2022-04-09 01:17:41
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys, just got back playing again after a long break

Was just please wondering:

Is there any sort of market still to sell Mars and/or Venus orbs (Would be on Asera server) Or has new gear pretty much replaced everything that drops from there? If not, what are a couple of useful pieces people are still after and approx prices they are going for?

Also if people still buy them in general, what's the low/average/high rates on each orb to sell?

Thanks a lot guys
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-04-09 02:31:56
Link | Citer | R

That literally got revamped this week.
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2022-04-09 15:23:46
Link | Citer | R

Just came back after a long break, what happened to selindril's github/gearswap files?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-04-09 15:29:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bynebill said: »
Just came back after a long break, what happened to selindril's github/gearswap files?
Sel quit and left stuff behind.
There is a new repo his old discord still offer help with
https://github.com/Headtatt/Gearswap
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-04-13 11:02:40
Link | Citer | R

What is the quickest way to do the silver voucher 5000 Allied Notes, ***is slow as anything and is only one I have left to do?
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-04-13 12:14:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aldolol said: »
What is the quickest way to do the silver voucher 5000 Allied Notes, ***is slow as anything and is only one I have left to do?

Do, like, two or three campaign battles. Just takes a few minutes, a lot less than waiting on Besieged.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-13 12:20:37
Link | Citer | R

Man sometimes those damn mobs get lost or stuck on the way though and that ***sucks.

They REALLY need to overhaul the pathing and the messaging and the regionmap. It all updates too slow and takes too damn long.
[+]
 Bismarck.Radec
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2022-04-13 13:20:55
Link | Citer | R

Don't complete campaign battles right away - you're capped on points per minute by your medal (max 600/300 per minute at top medal, up to 15mins)

Assuming you're the only one in battle, kill most of a wave then sleep/stall the last few mobs until you've held tags for 15mins. Turn in the tags for 9000xp/4500an, get a new set and wait another 2 minutes to finish the wave off for 1200/600 for your full 5k.

It still sucks compared to any other objective but besieged, but this is the least-painful way to do it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-13 17:03:33
Link | Citer | R

You can solo ambuscade for the best starter gear you can possibly get with very little effort. (even though v2 sucks it's very simple for incredible reward starting out)

Do DI every day and stack up the points.

If/when that account is 45 days old go simply sneak/invis Sheol ABC and get gleti's merced

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-13 17:13:15
Link | Citer | R

Domain Invasion, a world event dragon that you can just watch die and collect points for daily with almost zero game progress.
By Rips 2022-04-13 23:53:26
Link | Citer | R

Since this thread also serves as a pseudo random-FFXI thoughts thread:

I’ve been watching certain items sell on the AH board such as Orpheus’s Sash. A lot of the same names selling some over and over again.

Sketch. They’re incredibly rare and in all my mars orbs - and I’ve popped over 1000 of them now - I’ve seen one.
First Page 2 3 ... 735 736 737 ... 836 837 838