Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 734 735 736 ... 842 843 844
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-03-24 12:21:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's simply a matter of subs. If a ton of people come back for the may anniversary "content" - no campaign. If numbers stay stagnant or drop, say hi to new campaigns. MLplusplus segmentsplus rpplus DoubleDIpointsplus

I think it would be the opposite. if there isn't much people returning, there is no need for new campaigns since the people who have always been here are still around, so nothing new will be needed to keep them. If new/returning people show up, it would make sense to give those people a fast pass to catch up on past content, so they can participate on the new content that veteran/continuous players are going to be involved in.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2022-03-24 12:22:05
Link | Citer | R

Just give the game a graphics update and that will bring tons of new players that care about how pretty a game looks, not how good the actual content is.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-24 12:51:04
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It's simply a matter of subs. If a ton of people come back for the may anniversary "content" - no campaign. If numbers stay stagnant or drop, say hi to new campaigns. MLplusplus segmentsplus rpplus DoubleDIpointsplus

I think it would be the opposite. if there isn't much people returning, there is no need for new campaigns since the people who have always been here are still around, so nothing new will be needed to keep them. If new/returning people show up, it would make sense to give those people a fast pass to catch up on past content, so they can participate on the new content that veteran/continuous players are going to be involved in.

You're operating on a reward based idea. They aren't. They've got your sub, they will only roll new stuff out to stop the blood loss. Or draw new blood in. No point rewarding the ones who won't leave.
 Odin.Lusiphur
Serveur: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-03-24 13:00:04
Link | Citer | R

If you guys remember how the initial CP campaigns rolled out, the first batch of EP campaigns will likely be shitty ~4 days over the Japanese weekend as well. Good times.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-03-24 14:39:36
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

You're operating on a reward based idea. They aren't. They've got your sub, they will only roll new stuff out to stop the blood loss. Or draw new blood in. No point rewarding the ones who won't leave.

You've contradicted yourself twice in just as many posts. I don't even know what you're talking about.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-24 14:42:07
Link | Citer | R

I guess you're reading it wrong. It's not hard to grasp.

They're reactionary, not proactive. If this > do that.

If the new stuff doesn't bring the bodies, then activate enticement.
If new stuff brings them back, withhold enticement.

(that seems assbackwards, you're right, that's their method. *** up the easiest things)
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-03-24 15:07:40
Link | Citer | R

Will DgVoodoo help FFXI run better on a Surface Pro? Right now, with graphics minimized, the game runs kinda laggy.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-03-24 17:00:39
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Odin.Creaucent said: »
Does the trait "Physical Damage Limit" apply to both physical and magic based attacks and weaponskills?

As the name suggests it applies to physical attacks and weaponskills

Ok. I was just wondering why Scout's Gorget +2 does more damage for Trueflight than a pure MAB neck, like Baetyl Pendant. I guess AGI+25 offers up more than MAB+13 as far as damage goes.

TF has a 100% AGI mod... so yeah, that's why. While the exact amounts depend on your total MAB/WSD/etc, 1 MAB is going to be worth roughly a little less than 1.5 AGI in typical TF sets. Plus, Scout's +2 has Macc+25 to reduce resists.

You can play with the ranged magical WS calculator that Chiaia put together. Also linked in the COR guide thread here (says it's for COR magical WS, but it does include Trueflight in addition to Leaden & Wildfire)

Scout's +2 (AGI+25/Macc+25) = best

Scout's +1 (AGI+20/Macc+20) = still better than Baetyl for both damage and resists

Scout's NQ (AGI+15/Macc+15) = probably still a better call than Baetyl, damage is very close (with a very slight edge to Baetyl) but Macc+15's reduced resists may be more valuable over time than a tiny increase in maximum damage potential. A single partial resist over the course of a fight probably wipes out any advantage from the slightly higher damage per WS when unresisted.
By RadialArcana 2022-03-24 17:02:59
Link | Citer | R

Will DgVoodoo help FFXI run better on a Surface Pro? Right now, with graphics minimized, the game runs kinda laggy.

FFXI doesn't properly run on some laptops because it isn't being sent to the video card, and instead runs on the onboard graphics card.

DGVoodoo forces it to use the proper card.
By RadialArcana 2022-03-24 17:04:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
Just give the game a graphics update and that will bring tons of new players that care about how pretty a game looks, not how good the actual content is.

Short term gains, this game is way too hardcore for people who care about that.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-03-24 17:08:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »

Why would they do that when they already have a more popular MMO with prettier graphics? The people interested in a FF MMO who only care about looks aren't going to go back to a shined up FFXI, they're going to try FFXIV.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-03-24 17:16:11
Link | Citer | R

Is it just my impression or raising Master Level lowers not only the amount of Exemplary Points per kill you get (from the same targets) but also the amount of Capacity Points?
 Shiva.Berzerk
Serveur: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2022-03-24 17:20:33
Link | Citer | R

I think it gets lower as your level up, if you're fighting the same mobs. The disparity between others ML in party, too, seems to tank EP. I've been syncing to lowest ML in party and it's much more consistent.

Capacity points IDK, capped on those so not seeing #s.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-03-24 17:34:40
Link | Citer | R

Nono for Exemplary Points it's a known fact, I wasn't questioning that.
I was rather wondering if this thing applies to Capacity Points as well instead of "just" Exemplary Points.
By llAKs0nll 2022-03-25 11:01:24
Link | Citer | R

How do we NOT lose MP when doing gear swaps using Equipsets?

If I use Myrkr and end up w/ 2400 MP I shouldn’t be swapping into an Idle or Nuke set and seeing 1300/1500 MP when I just had 2400 MP a whole 2 seconds ago.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-25 11:03:13
Link | Citer | R

By making an entire secondary set of the same macros but with macrosets specifically with the higher mp.

idlehighmp fastcasthighmp nukehighmp then when you drop to your "normal" mp, switch your macrobar back to the normal sets until you myrkr and switch back to highmp.
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-03-25 11:12:04
Link | Citer | R

if you want to preserve high amounts of MP you need to specify sets for all occasions where you could lose it from a potential swap.

means make alternative sets for every precast, midcast and aftercast set you could possibly swap into and priorities MP.
the only situation where this makes sense is imho when you do a death MB strat (maybe mana shield too?) and i'm sure you'll find luas that have a toggle for it.
if you want to enhance it so it swaps to those MP priority sets until your MP pool drops below a certain threshold you could do that with a couple of if conditions in their respective pre, mid and aftercast sets but i believe you sacrifice too much for it to be worth it.

*edit* nvm, overread you were asking for equipsets, what eiryl said.
By llAKs0nll 2022-03-25 11:24:05
Link | Citer | R

What is driving the issue though. Is it stripping & swapping specific gear before other gear using Equipsets cuz if my MP is 1300/1500 it must be doing such I would imagine and if so maybe just keep the High MP items in the next Equipsets but add /equip waist “whatever” ( and everything else ) manually into the macro lines below the change of Equipsets that do indeed drop the MP total?
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-03-25 11:46:24
Link | Citer | R

llAKs0nll said: »
What is driving the issue though. Is it stripping & swapping specific gear before other gear using Equipsets cuz if my MP is 1300/1500 it must be doing such I would imagine and if so maybe just keep the High MP items in the next Equipsets but add /equip waist “whatever” ( and everything else ) manually into the macro lines below the change of Equipsets that do indeed drop the MP total?

This is due to the fact that while your entire set swaps back to back in no real time, it still happens one piece at a time and your stats are updated each time. If you look at older era death setups, you'll find that people used priority tags to ensure their sets changed in a way that pieces adding mp occured before pieces removing mp. Doing this will let you keep the full 1500.
By llAKs0nll 2022-03-25 11:51:58
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
llAKs0nll said: »

This is due to the fact that while your entire set swaps back to back in no real time, it still happens one piece at a time and your stats are updated each time. If you look at older era death setups, you'll find that people used priority tags to ensure their sets changed in a way that pieces adding mp occured before pieces removing mp. Doing this will let you keep the full 1500.
How do we use such “priority tags”

I’ve tried adding Gear after Equipset was alrdy completed via subtraction & addition of both High MP + 0 MP items attempting to alter the path of which items Equipset was changing 1st to no avail

Does indeed sound like keeping High MP items on then next macro line manually swapping out 0 MP pieces after the fact is the easiest solution it seems.
By SimonSes 2022-03-25 12:25:06
Link | Citer | R

Thorny is talking about priority tags in gearswap and possibly ashita(?), not Equipsets in game.
[+]
By GwenStacy 2022-03-28 15:45:38
Link | Citer | R

If I already have TP bonus gun for COR, is it a waste of time to make TP bonus bow for RNG?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-28 15:47:39
Link | Citer | R

No, the bow is significantly better, due to the arrow

"what arrow?"
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Hauksbok_Arrow
[+]
By GwenStacy 2022-03-28 15:54:46
Link | Citer | R

i'm stupid, you need a bow to equip the arrow, nevermind
[+]
By GwenStacy 2022-03-29 20:48:53
Link | Citer | R

Anyone ever have an issue where they can't sort inventory FROM inventory? The option to sort is no longer there
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-03-29 21:05:48
Link | Citer | R

GwenStacy said: »
Anyone ever have an issue where they can't sort inventory FROM inventory? The option to sort is no longer there
Should be to the right of the screen + will get you to the menu in items
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-03-29 21:14:16
Link | Citer | R

You also need the bow to SHOOT your DI arrow. Trust me, I know :)

I'll perpetually keep plenty of extra points on hand to replace my arrows when I do something stupid. Think I have everything all fixed and under control, but I know I'll manage to do something dumb again one day...
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-03-29 21:16:37
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

You also need the bow to SHOOT your DI arrow. Trust me, I know :)

I'll perpetually keep plenty of extra points on hand to replace my arrows when I do something stupid. Think I have everything all fixed and under control, but I know I'll manage to do something dumb again one day...

That is 100% what I do. I know I know....I could add a rule to prevent shooting that Hausbrok Arrow, I'm just lazy.

Oh- and Bounty Shot/Shadowbind DO use ammo, and you can accidentally shoot it doing those /ja's.
By GwenStacy 2022-03-29 21:27:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
Should be to the right of the screen + will get you to the menu in items

It's no longer there :( the only thing i did was install xi-vision
First Page 2 3 ... 734 735 736 ... 842 843 844