Job Adjustments And Additions Part I (03/26/2009)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustments and Additions Part I (03/26/2009)
Job Adjustments and Additions Part I (03/26/2009)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Yotevol
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-03-26 15:35:50
Link | Citer | R

I am one of the few, rare WHMs that doesn't use macros.
I was also in the Middle East with the military when I leveled my WHM.
So, the only parties I could get was with the friendly Japanese.
Believe me, they taught me a lot.
I saw a huge variety of job combinations and party set up.
Not only that, as an Elvaan WHM, I learned how to efficiently use my MP so it didn't get wasted.

Seeing this update can only better my playability within the job and I look forward to it.
Congratulations to all the WHMs that leveled with the stigma of "RDMs are better" mentality.
Your patience has paid off.
~Yote
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-26 15:37:44
Link | Citer | R

Yotevol said:
I gimp myself for no reason~Yote

This is all I see after reading the first line.
 Midgardsormr.Darkfire
user: Darkfire
By Midgardsormr.Darkfire 2009-03-26 15:39:56
Link | Citer | R

Not necessarily. I know of BLMs who didnt use macros.
Just bc its not what I do doesnt mean it makes them bad, if they are quick enough with gears swaps, etc. Doesnt make them a bad player just a different playing style. Now if you dont use macros and cant get appropriate gear in on spells, THEN your the bad player... Or as previously stated, gimping yourself
 Asura.Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-03-26 15:43:40
Link | Citer | R

Darkfire said:
Just bc its not what I do doesnt mean it makes then bad, if they are quick enough with gears swaps, etc. Doesnt make them a bad player just a different play style. Now if you dont use macros and cant get appropriate gear in on spells, THEN your the bad player... Or as perviously stated, gimping yourself

Frobeus just throws out insults without thinking.
It's the mentality of a someone like him with a closed mind.
On my WHM, I am fast at gear swaping, casting spells and everything else.
In fact, I am almost in high demand as WHM or BLM because of how quickly I can adapt because I don't use macros.

Thank you for understanding Darkfire.
~Yote
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-26 15:50:26
Link | Citer | R

Yotevol said:
Darkfire said:
Just bc its not what I do doesnt mean it makes then bad, if they are quick enough with gears swaps, etc. Doesnt make them a bad player just a different play style. Now if you dont use macros and cant get appropriate gear in on spells, THEN your the bad player... Or as perviously stated, gimping yourself

Frobeus just throws out insults without thinking.
It's the mentality of a someone like him with a closed mind.
On my WHM, I am fast at gear swaping, casting spells and everything else.
In fact, I am almost in high demand as WHM or BLM because of how quickly I can adapt because I don't use macros.

Thank you for understanding Darkfire.
~Yote

Refusing to use tools given to me to make my job more efficient and easier = Opened Minded

LOL ok Yote
 Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-26 15:52:43
Link | Citer | R

Playing without macros on WHM is understandable I suppose.
Not much gear swap is needing as opposed to BLM where each element has it's own set of gear. Or for BRD how each song has it's own set of gear needed to maximize it's use/potential.

Frobz' sense of humor is brutal sometimes lulz.
 Midgardsormr.Darkfire
By Midgardsormr.Darkfire 2009-03-26 15:54:07
Link | Citer | R

Like i said if it affects your performance, get it fixed.

If not, dont fix what isnt broken.
 Asura.Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-03-26 15:56:56
Link | Citer | R

Bleedingwulf said:
Playing without macros on WHM is understandable I suppose.
Not much gear swap is needing as opposed to BLM where each element has it's own set of gear. Or for BRD how each song has it's own set of gear needed to maximize it's use/potential.

Frobz' sense of humor is brutal sometimes lulz.

Actually, I do use a couple of macros for my BLM (5 or 6, I think).
The only reason I started macros on my BLM, is because I have sorc. ring and I force the latent.
But, it's not needed for me on WHM.
As for my 72RDM, I am beginning to see the use of 3-4 macros, but I don't need more than that.

Darkfire said:
Like i said if it affects your performance, get it fixed.

If not, dont fix what isnt broken.

100% agreed. I play my WHM fine without them.

~Yote
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-26 16:10:24
Link | Citer | R

Well whatever back to the topic...
Seriously why no spell to cure amnesia?
SE expects me to buy an Ecphoria Ring every month?
 Fairy.Nahara
Serveur: Fairy
user: Nahara
By Fairy.Nahara 2009-03-26 16:22:45
Link | Citer | R

Bleedingwulf said:

Some testing will need to be done at first, but there is a possibility that Esuna and Sacrifice will be able to remove them. Granted, with Sacrifice it's just moving the ability to another person, but at least it wouldn't be on the Tank, for example.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-26 16:30:39
Link | Citer | R

Nahara said:
Bleedingwulf said:

Some testing will need to be done at first, but there is a possibility that Esuna and Sacrifice will be able to remove them. Granted, with Sacrifice it's just moving the ability to another person, but at least it wouldn't be on the Tank, for example.

Was just about to say maybe esuna will do the job... but if it doesn't, shame on SE. The thing to consider is if the imps are spamming it all day then it really turns into a waste of MP that could be used to keep you alive instead. At least silena is cheap/fast.
 Odin.Aramina
Serveur: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-26 16:32:12
Link | Citer | R

Sacrifice on Amnesia would be ok as long the the WHM can live without their JA for a while.

In the past that would be normally no problem at all except for WHM/SCH, but it would seem to be a little more issue with the new abilities.

If any MNK on Odin happen to be reading this, I'm getting the itching for some KRT Monk-fueled pwnage, so hit me up...

Tell me Cure + Added Effect: Stoneskin wouldn't be the bomb for a KRT party, and I'll tell you you've never been in a KRT party before.

And with the new abilities, you can bet your bottom there will be WHM-Burns in the future, too. Yeah, maybe not the fastest EXP in the world, but damn it's fun!
 Odin.Aramina
Serveur: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-26 16:37:55
Link | Citer | R

Kajidourden said:

Was just about to say maybe esuna will do the job... but if it doesn't, shame on SE. The thing to consider is if the imps are spamming it all day then it really turns into a waste of MP that could be used to keep you alive instead. At least silena is cheap/fast.

Any WHM worth a crap knows that you have to ignore people's requests for things all the time. If you didn't, you'd perpetually be out of MP and people would be dead all over the place. The good WHMs are able to prioritize their MP and just filter out the *** and whines of the other people.

One of the things that makes or breaks a WHM as the levels go up and the killing speed increases and rest time goes down, is accepting that you simply can not keep everyone 100% all the time. It's where things like Regen come in so handy, in that you can have someone passively gaining HP while you're doing something else (like maybe even resting).

Esuna will be no exception. ESPECIALLY if it gives hate like Divine Veil + Erase. Spamming that will not only bust MP, but get your WHM butt dead.

Once we all get out there and give it a good test drive, we'll all come up with our own ways of employing it, and our own criteria for whether it's worth the MP/hate in a given situation.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Nahara
user: Nahara
By Fairy.Nahara 2009-03-26 16:43:58
Link | Citer | R

Kajidourden said:
Nahara said:
Bleedingwulf said:

There is a bit to consider with Esuna. By itself, it just removes one detriment. We have no idea which ones it removes, though I may guess that it wouldn't remove Amnesia. Using Afflatus Misery with Esuna would allow it to remove multiple detriments and more kinds of detriments, so there is a possibility it would.

Now, for a bit, people have been comparing the announcement in English to the ones in other languages to see if the translation remains the same, and something that people seem to have found is that Esuna may only be able to erase something if it's also on the caster. I dunno why SE would impose a restriction like that, because, as stated above, I'm really sure you'll be able to cast Esuna without needing Afflatus Misery up.
 Ragnarok.Azura
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: azura84
By Ragnarok.Azura 2009-03-26 16:49:33
Link | Citer | R

FINALLY! THIS is the update i've been waiting for. I never planned to lvl whm farther than 42 because they just get nerfed by RDM substitutes, but NOW they will get the respect they deserve. It's a few years late but now I will definately level WHM.
 Phoenix.Miemo
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-26 17:42:06
Link | Citer | R

Nahara said:
Now, for a bit, people have been comparing the announcement in English to the ones in other languages to see if the translation remains the same, and something that people seem to have found is that Esuna may only be able to erase something if it's also on the caster. I dunno why SE would impose a restriction like that, because, as stated above, I'm really sure you'll be able to cast Esuna without needing Afflatus Misery up.

Nom! Nom! Problem is where? If this is the case, just toss out a "Sacrifice" and you'll get it on you anyways.

Also Esuna can be the counterpart of Erase. Seeing as Erase cant remove every detrimental magical effect , it is quite possible this spell removes what Erase do not.

I think the big secret here is how effective the new spells are together with the new JA's.

And I do wish this is the cure for Amnesia!
 Midgardsormr.Darkfire
By Midgardsormr.Darkfire 2009-03-26 17:45:57
Link | Citer | R

I kinda agree with the fact that even provided WHM gained the ability to remove Amnesia, very few times would it be worth it. Unless you invite a RDM to main heal and a WHM to spam Silena/Esuna the whole party non-stop at imp camp, WHM wont have the mp or the time to constantly remove it
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-26 18:04:08
Link | Citer | R

Miemo said:
Nahara said:

Nom! Nom! Problem is where? If this is the case, just toss out a "Sacrifice" and you'll get it on you anyways.

Also Esuna can be the counterpart of Erase. Seeing as Erase cant remove every detrimental magical effect , it is quite possible this spell removes what Erase do not.

I think the big secret here is how effective the new spells are together with the new JA's.

And I do wish this is the cure for Amnesia!

I think this is going to be a cure for Amnesia (and make WHMs really popular for Mire parties).

Problem about Esuna is, its like Protectra, you have to be next to the entire party to cast it, and that would be a perfect time for the imp to start spaming Silence....
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Serveur: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-26 18:21:50
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:
I think this is going to be a cure for Amnesia (and make WHMs really popular for Mire parties).

Problem about Esuna is, its like Protectra, you have to be next to the entire party to cast it, and that would be a perfect time for the imp to start spaming Silence....

If usable by SCH, that would also be incredibly tasty, my SCH already makes Imp pt's salivate at the prospect of AoE Silena, AoE Poisona and Curaga for all those wonderful AoE enfeebs, an AoE Amnesia cure would just be ***.

EDIT: Odds are, they're giving the WHM these new things because RDM and SCH have basically taken over as the back field players, leaving WHM the cure and pro/shell V onry job. Several times my RDM or SCH is chosen over WHM because of their increased abilities over WHM for healing/versatility in meripo and non-endgame events. To put the oomph back in WHM, they've made the new shiz.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-03-26 19:17:09
Link | Citer | R

Yotevol said:
The only reason I started macros on my BLM, is because I have sorc. ring and I force the latent.
As for my 72RDM, I am beginning to see the use of 3-4 macros, but I don't need more than that.

~Yote

If only BLU got it that easy, I don't have enough macro spaces for everything. And it gets even worse in Dyna or whatever where I have to make assist macros...
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-26 19:20:56
Link | Citer | R

Yotevol said:

~Yote

I have two full bars for my BLM, constantly swapping staves, grips, armor pieces, stacking INT and enfeeb gear or MAB. Personally, I think SE needs to put in at LEAST 2 more slots on macros, 4 preferably for a 10 line macro. (I play on PS3, no extended gear macros from windower ; ;)
 Ragnarok.Azura
By Ragnarok.Azura 2009-03-26 19:37:58
Link | Citer | R

Darkfire said:
I kinda agree with the fact that even provided WHM gained the ability to remove Amnesia, very few times would it be worth it. Unless you invite a RDM to main heal and a WHM to spam Silena/Esuna the whole party non-stop at imp camp, WHM wont have the mp or the time to constantly remove it

It doesn't give an mp cost, but I imagine since it has an aoe range it will be around 20-40mp, but you are probably right, i doubt this spell will be spam efficient for imps. Then again, the only true efficency for silena is /sch or sch/whm. We Will see i suppose.

Now Sacrifice seems kinda stupid to me, there are very very few status ailments I'd prever to steal from a pt member rather than na/erase. Only under extreme circumstances it be used on those anyways. Sacrifice to me should be -hp to remove an effect.
By Midgardsormr.Bleedingwulf 2009-03-26 20:13:56
Link | Citer | R

Azura said:
Darkfire said:

It doesn't give an mp cost, but I imagine since it has an aoe range it will be around 20-40mp, but you are probably right, i doubt this spell will be spam efficient for imps. Then again, the only true efficency for silena is /sch or sch/whm. We Will see i suppose.

Now Sacrifice seems kinda stupid to me, there are very very few status ailments I'd prever to steal from a pt member rather than na/erase. Only under extreme circumstances it be used on those anyways. Sacrifice to me should be -hp to remove an effect.

Wouldn't that just mean use Misery and spam sacrafice? Guess SE thought of that being an issue.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2009-03-26 20:20:58
Link | Citer | R

LOL I see so many people talking about their Elvaan WHMS. Galka WHM ftw!Talk about mp conservation. Wish I had rr3 when I was 70 -.- I was able to get to 75 pretty quick on WHM never had a lack of invites thats for sure. Now my ls uses me for merits with me as heal and 5 dd's. They really like to test my limits lol.

Anyways this is pretty exciting, hope this makes the demand for the harpmeister even greater!
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-26 20:56:10
Link | Citer | R

Kyaaadaa said:

If usable by SCH, that would also be incredibly tasty, my SCH already makes Imp pt's salivate at the prospect of AoE Silena, AoE Poisona and Curaga for all those wonderful AoE enfeebs, an AoE Amnesia cure would just be ***.

EDIT: Odds are, they're giving the WHM these new things because RDM and SCH have basically taken over as the back field players, leaving WHM the cure and pro/shell V onry job. Several times my RDM or SCH is chosen over WHM because of their increased abilities over WHM for healing/versatility in meripo and non-endgame events. To put the oomph back in WHM, they've made the new shiz.

Esuna is going to be a level 61 spell only....so only WHMs can use it
 Ragnarok.Azura
By Ragnarok.Azura 2009-03-26 21:52:25
Link | Citer | R

Bleedingwulf said:
Azura said:
Darkfire said:

Wouldn't that just mean use Misery and spam sacrafice? Guess SE thought of that being an issue.

Afflatus Misery~ Is basicly take damage increase hidden value which buffs your cure's.

Sacrifice~ Takes one status ailment from a party member and puts it onto the WHM.

What i was saying is sacrifice is pointless if you just put it onto yourself, esp if it's paralyze, silence, slow, etc. because you'll end up having to na/erase it anyways. My point was that Sacrifice should literally sacrifice HP instead of just tacking on the ailment to the WHM, and who knows what the 'bonus' is for using Solace and Sacrifice. We'll just have to wait and see.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-26 21:56:43
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:
Esuna is going to be a level 61 spell only....so only WHMs can use it

Ya saw that and my heart dropped ; ;
 Midgardsormr.Darkfire
By Midgardsormr.Darkfire 2009-03-26 21:59:40
Link | Citer | R

well I think the bonus is you can 'absorb' several effects if you have the enhanced potency built up. Scenario's where its useful seem few and far between, but as i said earlier, a benefit could be when you absorb slow that doesnt overwrite haste, IF you have haste up, could potentially make it disappear?

Not to mention there are ailments that a whm can ignore but tank/DD would whine about, examples being Def down, Atk down, Eva down... other than that its beyond me.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-26 22:20:38
Link | Citer | R

or to be able to yank that DoT that would kill the already low HP DD
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8