Job Adjustments And Additions Part I (03/26/2009)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustments and Additions Part I (03/26/2009)
Job Adjustments and Additions Part I (03/26/2009)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-26 07:38:36
Link | Citer | R

I love how the Raise3 is a shorter recast than Raise2, also that they're both the same MP as Raise 1 now.
And that RR3 is 70 instead of 75, I can now de-level to 74, and not have to worry about a snowball effect of EXP loss!
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-26 07:38:48
Link | Citer | R

Kctempest said:
Does SE ever actually...test their new spells in a closed area off the grid with a party setup?
"Here lets just throw in some random ideas for whm this time and see how they like. M W A H A H A !"

Lol, im sure they do... but they'd require A LOT of time to fully test out adjustments in the same manner that the player base would, so they have to work with trial and error
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-26 07:39:55
Link | Citer | R

Kvazz said:
Haseyo said:
You mean, a Haste/Refresh cycle isn't fun?!
Your character looked so happy that last Dyna run though D:

Haha D: ofcourse that's fun, meriting on RDM is teh ***! /sigh :P

Until you've merited on BRD..... gtfo lol
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-26 07:43:16
Link | Citer | R

Drizzit said:

- White magic "Raise III": MP consumption reduced from 250 to 150. Casting time shortened from 20 to 13 seconds.

Now, I'll take that R3 and I don't want to hear a damn word about it!!
 Bahamut.Danagon
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-03-26 07:43:25
Link | Citer | R

BST update would be lovely
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-26 07:44:14
Link | Citer | R

Kajidourden said:
Kctempest said:
Does SE ever actually...test their new spells in a closed area off the grid with a party setup?
"Here lets just throw in some random ideas for whm this time and see how they like. M W A H A H A !"

Lol, im sure they do... but they'd require A LOT of time to fully test out adjustments in the same manner that the player base would, so they have to work with trial and error

Pretty sure they do, they have an off-line test server I believe. Obviously they can't test for every eventuality, but they test things as much as they can, and then monitor them after release to make sure people aren't doing 2K holy and such.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-26 07:44:50
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
Drizzit said:

- White magic "Raise III": MP consumption reduced from 250 to 150. Casting time shortened from 20 to 13 seconds.

Now, I'll take that R3 and I don't want to hear a damn word about it!!

You'll still be getting R2 or R1 in a dynamis wipe thanks to shitty weakened recast
 Lakshmi.Avinne
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-03-26 07:49:36
Link | Citer | R

- White magic "Raise II": MP consumption reduced from 200 to 150. Casting time shortened from 20 to 14 seconds.

Now this gives those lazy mofos who haven't lvled /SCH more reason to avoid it! :P

LOL, jk, but I REALLY am excited for this update. Makes me excited to play WHM again!
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-26 07:51:00
Link | Citer | R

For me... the second ability involving turning damage into benefits dosen't make a whole lot of sense except maybe for soloing... or does that apply to the entire party? i may have overlooked something while reading it
 Cerberus.Saiya
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-26 07:55:59
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:
- Auspice (Lv55)
Reduces TP dealt when striking an enemy for party members within area of effect.
When cast upon a white mage for whom Afflatus Misery is activated, Auspice also adds light damage to initial attacks and bestows an accuracy bonus when target is missed.

Absorb TP without the TP absorbed....unless it drains TP all the way to 0, I don't see this as being useful at all.
I think you're reading it wrong. When you hit a mob, the mob gains TP. This effect reduces the amount of TP the hits give the mob, they don't drain the mob's TP. For zerg strategies and mobs with very dangerous AoEs, this could prove invaluable!
 Remora.Kindle
Serveur: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-26 07:59:27
Link | Citer | R

OMG Being whm main myself i'm so pumped for this!!!
 Asura.Hatheron
Serveur: Asura
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-03-26 08:13:08
Link | Citer | R

I have been leveling SCH with many of my LS buds, and I've been kinda feeling guilty about being able to be just as effective as a WHM when synced below 70. In fact, up to this point, SCH has been a bit more effective than WHM due to Sublimation.

TBH, I'm glad that SE is coming out with nice updates for WHM. Not only does it empower WHMs and make them feel unique again, but it also helps make SCHs feel more unique as well. I forsee SE dropping the recast/casting time/cost of AM spells. Time to level the playing field.

I wanna see how these new abilities help WHM with hate control. Of course, this may be SE's attempt to get WHM in the front lines. It seems that they want WHM to take more damage. I'm not sure how many WHM (or party leaders) are going to be willing towards WHM melee. We'll have to see, I suppose. :/
 Bahamut.Danagon
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-03-26 08:21:53
Link | Citer | R

needs to make pro and shell V a scroll and have a merit move that ships 99% of WHM hate onto a pt member / 1 upgrade = 50% 2 = 60% etc ftw
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-26 08:34:22
Link | Citer | R

Danagon said:
needs to make pro and shell V a scroll and have a merit move that ships 99% of WHM hate onto a pt member / 1 upgrade = 50% 2 = 60% etc ftw

That would be so broken
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-26 08:45:12
Link | Citer | R

XD Yeah, awesome though >.>

I'd like to see a "Weakened-less Raise".
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-26 08:48:37
Link | Citer | R

Yay! Maybe I'll start pushing hard on my WHM again now lol
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
Serveur: Ramuh
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-03-26 08:50:19
Link | Citer | R

:Q !!!!
Makes me want to lv WHM. Hot.
 Phoenix.Miemo
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-26 08:52:24
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
Danagon said:

That would be so broken

Agreed.

But in general WHM do look hawt now. I know ill toy with it some more now atleast :) (semi retired whm)
 Diabolos.Aphy
Serveur: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-03-26 08:52:41
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Avinne said:
- White magic "Raise II": MP consumption reduced from 200 to 150. Casting time shortened from 20 to 14 seconds.

Now this gives those lazy mofos who haven't lvled /SCH more reason to avoid it! :P

LOL, jk, but I REALLY am excited for this update. Makes me excited to play WHM again!

SE says "/sch sj for whm??!! NEVER!!!! We want all whm's to /smn! Lets lower the MP cost but give no form of refresh! BRILLANT!

haha but in all seriousness, moar powa to the whm/smn! Thats how I leveled my whm :x I hate being dependent on brds and rdms.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-26 08:54:16
Link | Citer | R

well my mule will be getting all this so im happy for my mule :)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-26 09:10:51
Link | Citer | R

Hitetsu said:
XD Yeah, awesome though >.>

I'd like to see a "Weakened-less Raise".

The spell is already in the data files, since that Galka White Mage in campaign uses it. Never say never!
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-26 09:12:51
Link | Citer | R

They should add a 1 min effect to benediction, that any raise cast while this effect is on will result in no weakness.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-26 09:14:13
Link | Citer | R

I was thinking that. A spell that removes weakness would be pretty game breaking, so there would have to be extreme limitations to basically stop a group of White Mages clearing an alliance's weakness in one minute.
 Asura.Hatheron
Serveur: Asura
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-03-26 09:15:16
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
They should add a 1 min effect to benediction, that any raise cast while this effect is on will result in no weakness.

^This is genius. Absolute genius. Seriously.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-26 09:16:19
Link | Citer | R

Woo, WHM can now compete with SCH. Too bad RDM trumps them both every time.

Do want to point a few things out:

First off, Cura is not a weak version of Curaga. It's an MP-less spell that increases in potency the more you yourself get hurt.

Second, Esuna is not just AoE Erase. It's an AoE Erase that increases in potency the more you get hurt.

Long story short, the above two JAs are mostly useless in parties but I can assume WHMs will be able to find a niche in the front lines. Oh, and did I mention they look AWESOME?

@Auspice: It's about damn time! As ANY endgame tank for ANYTHING will tell you, all of you non-NINs and non-MNKs give the NM waaaaay too much TP. Also, looks awesome!

To sum it all up, WHM will not become the wtfsupersaiyanuberhealer than SE wants it to be. It won't even change WHM playstyle all that much. It will, however, make WHM that much more accessible in parties. Again, WHMs won't get invited over RDMs just because of this update, but they'll get closer.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-26 09:16:53
Link | Citer | R

@ woody If a spell like that exist they would just not even have raise. It would be no point to cast raise and then use another spell to remove weakness. Maybe they can add that to a cor ability :) How you can sometimes get a 2 hour back, maybe add a ability to try and get weakness off :P
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-26 09:18:11
Link | Citer | R

I still want some form of COR haste, but it won't happen ;-;
 Pandemonium.Luignata
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-03-26 09:23:27
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Wooooodum said:
I was thinking that. A spell that removes weakness would be pretty game breaking, so there would have to be extreme limitations to basically stop a group of White Mages clearing an alliance's weakness in one minute.

- Sacrifice (Lv65)
Transfers one enfeebling effect from target to yourself.
Casting Sacrifice while Afflatus Solace is activated grants a bonus to the number and variety of enfeebling effects transferred.

It's unlikely, but what if Sacrifice also transferred weakness?
 Kujata.Houshisama
Serveur: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-26 09:26:50
Link | Citer | R

WHERES MY HASTEGA!?!?!?!? really though whm being my first and only 75 so far; this makes me ridiculously happy.... ive never had problems keeping up in merit parties and i dont even have /sch.... so i dont think a refresh type thing is necessary although it would be nice. auto refresh trait i would accept as a consolation for a refreshing JA or spell
 Kujata.Houshisama
Serveur: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-26 09:31:21
Link | Citer | R

Enternius said:
Woo, WHM can now compete with SCH. Too bad RDM trumps them both every time.

Do want to point a few things out:

First off, Cura is not a weak version of Curaga. It's an MP-less spell that increases in potency the more you yourself get hurt.

Second, Esuna is not just AoE Erase. It's an AoE Erase that increases in potency the more you get hurt.

Long story short, the above two JAs are mostly useless in parties but I can assume WHMs will be able to find a niche in the front lines. Oh, and did I mention they look AWESOME?

@Auspice: It's about damn time! As ANY endgame tank for ANYTHING will tell you, all of you non-NINs and non-MNKs give the NM waaaaay too much TP. Also, looks awesome!

To sum it all up, WHM will not become the wtfsupersaiyanuberhealer than SE wants it to be. It won't even change WHM playstyle all that much. It will, however, make WHM that much more accessible in parties. Again, WHMs won't get invited over RDMs just because of this update, but they'll get closer.
-

its ***like this that pisses me off.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8