Job Adjustments And Additions Part I (03/26/2009)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustments and Additions Part I (03/26/2009)
Job Adjustments and Additions Part I (03/26/2009)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Kujata.Houshisama
Serveur: Kujata
Game: FFXI
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-26 09:34:57
Link | Citer | R

i know im talking too much here but thinking about it, my thf is 67, and i think thfs are due for some kind of damage increase (again) or ....... SOMETHING to make them more wanted at least in a party setting

SIGN THE PETETION TO REMOVE THE 2HAND UPDATE YEA YEA YEA (quits dreaming)
 Diabolos.Levelle
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Levelle75
By Diabolos.Levelle 2009-03-26 09:35:25
Link | Citer | R

From what I read WHM's are just salivating over the POWER. For so long have they felt their job was threatened or pushed aside they want abilities and spells to push other jobs aside. Lets give them the spell refresh at say um... level 5 sounds good.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-26 09:39:03
Link | Citer | R

So, this stoneskin effect added to cure could be pretty insane depending on how strong it is and so forth. Espc if it keep shadows from being interupted.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-26 09:41:08
Link | Citer | R

I'd hazard a guess at something like "Stoneskin for 10% of whatever you cured" or something weird like that.
 Cerberus.Quipto
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-03-26 09:53:45
Link | Citer | R

well hell, even if the stoneskin lasted 5 seconds, it would still be amazing. blink tanks would be unstoppable. i predict with that and Auspice there will be a LOT of NM duo's possible with whm (charby comes to mind). and the bar spell potency is making me salivate. from the looks of things, most whm's will be riding Solace with few select scenarios for Misary.

yes, it is a good time to be a whm ^^
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-26 09:54:54
Link | Citer | R

It's about time...WHM (to me anyways) always seemed liked a thankless job tbh >.<
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-26 09:58:19
Link | Citer | R

User submitted image
Serveur: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-03-26 09:59:52
Link | Citer | R

I hope MNK gets some love. We got thrown a token bone with Footwork, but crickets otherwise.
 Lakshmi.Avinne
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Avinne
By Lakshmi.Avinne 2009-03-26 10:00:20
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
It's about time...WHM (to me anyways) always seemed liked a thankless job tbh >.<

Most mage classes will ALWAYS be a thankless job! :P

The melees and tanks get all the glory ; ;
 Phoenix.Miemo
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-03-26 10:01:48
Link | Citer | R

- Esuna (Lv61)
Removes one enfeebling effect from yourself and party members within area of effect.
Casting Esuna while Afflatus Misery is activated grants a bonus to the number and variety of enfeebling effects removed.

Just wondering since im not at all sure... but does effects like Amnesia count as enfeebling? If so this might be the spell we been wanting for a long time.
 Fairy.Kyarutaru
user: Kyarutaru
By Fairy.Kyarutaru 2009-03-26 10:02:09
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Well with whm mythic weapon skill and now this, we'd better damn well see some melee whm!

...Check! Stage 4 relic club and a bitchton of melee stuff! Wooo! This update is AWESOME :Q................... can't wait to get the augmentable gear from the expansion too :O!
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-26 10:06:13
Link | Citer | R

Miemo said:
- Esuna (Lv61)
Removes one enfeebling effect from yourself and party members within area of effect.
Casting Esuna while Afflatus Misery is activated grants a bonus to the number and variety of enfeebling effects removed.

Just wondering since im not at all sure... but does effects like Amnesia count as enfeebling? If so this might be the spell we been wanting for a long time.

Oh that would be better for caedarva camps indeed. I hope it does.

But cant whm already remove effects in a range? by doing divine seal erase? Isnt erase the same as esuna i guess.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-26 10:09:12
Link | Citer | R

The problem is it's only usable once every 10min until you get Yagrush.
 Kujata.Houshisama
Serveur: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-26 10:09:51
Link | Citer | R

divine seal every 15 minutes.... big difference
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-26 10:11:24
Link | Citer | R

So does that mean they are taking away that effect from divine seal then?

would be pointless for it once you get esuna.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-03-26 10:13:11
Link | Citer | R

Disintegration said:
I hope MNK gets some love. We got thrown a token bone with Footwork, but crickets otherwise.

Footwork was pretty much a foot up the ***.. it's pretty worthless wasting space on the JA list.. Only time it has any use is for Dragon Kick while wearing Dune boots which then you should be immediately removing it so it doesn't ruin tp gain with that god awful delay.

Back on topic, this might make WHM Maat fight even easier than it was already from the addition of Repose with the added MACC from some spells.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-26 10:14:14
Link | Citer | R

Depends on how Esuna actually works and what it removes and what sort of recast it has.

If it's a 1min recast and you're hit with 3-4 statuses, you might be able to move 2-3 with Afflatus Misery + Esuna, but the other one(s) would still be there, so following that with DS > Erase might be beneficial.

It could also be a case of it's a Self-Target only spell that hits PT members in range, like Protectra/Shellra.
 Fairy.Bruser
user: gorteg3
By Fairy.Bruser 2009-03-26 10:24:44
Link | Citer | R

would be great for those souldflayers in nyzle isle.
 Midgardsormr.Lilya
user: Lilya
By Midgardsormr.Lilya 2009-03-26 10:26:22
Link | Citer | R

Yakutatazu said:
Disintegration said:

Footwork was pretty much a foot up the ***.. it's pretty worthless wasting space on the JA list.. Only time it has any use is for Dragon Kick while wearing Dune boots which then you should be immediately removing it so it doesn't ruin tp gain with that god awful delay.

Back on topic, this might make WHM Maat fight even easier than it was already from the addition of Repose with the added MACC from some spells.

Footwork is only good to boost the tp return of Asuran once every 5 min.
 Shiva.Xellith
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-03-26 10:29:12
Link | Citer | R

everyone asumes that divine veil ehancement on the yagrush gives permanant divine veil activation. What if it doesnt? What if it allows you to use otherwise unusuable divine veil spells on target pt members. Yagrush + haste = hastega. Yagrush + stoneskin = stoneskinga. etc.

Until someone gets one im not ruling anything out!
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-26 10:32:20
Link | Citer | R

Xellith said:
everyone asumes that divine veil ehancement on the yagrush gives permanant divine veil activation. What if it doesnt? What if it allows you to use otherwise unusuable divine veil spells on target pt members. Yagrush + haste = hastega. Yagrush + stoneskin = stoneskinga. etc.

I might be completely wrong here, but I thought that Yagrush was one of the mythics that was tested by one of the premire sites.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-26 10:37:28
Link | Citer | R

Hitetsu said:
Depends on how Esuna actually works and what it removes and what sort of recast it has.

If it's a 1min recast and you're hit with 3-4 statuses, you might be able to move 2-3 with Afflatus Misery + Esuna, but the other one(s) would still be there, so following that with DS > Erase might be beneficial.

It could also be a case of it's a Self-Target only spell that hits PT members in range, like Protectra/Shellra.

that's true. I wish some spells were alliance than only party. might help other pt's in alliance :)
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-26 10:48:22
Link | Citer | R

Xellith said:

Partially because:
Frobeus said:
I might be completely wrong here, but I thought that Yagrush was one of the mythics that was tested by one of the premire sites.

And partially because, Divine Veil doesn't have anything to do with Enhancing Magic of any sort.
 Unicorn.Claquesous
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2009-03-26 10:58:39
Link | Citer | R

I can't believe that some WHM are pooh-poohing this. You've already got your choice of Auto-Refresh or Sublimation. You also have Noble's Tunic which is the only Refresh equipment I can think of that people that actually wear other than when they're completely idle. Now you have something that adds stoneskin to your cures and increases the potency by an unspecified amount. Your cures may now do twice as much as a SCH, but since their Sublimation is 50% more effective you think they'll get more invites than you?

You also get to switch between Party Mode and DD/Solo Mode so you can actually get reasonable exp out of Campaign now.

This is the most drastic change to a job I can remember ever occuring in this game. I'd kill for these kind of improvements for a job I actually have.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-26 11:07:22
Link | Citer | R

Mabrook said:
FUX WHM!!

I love them but why do they get almost half the update just for them ><;

Because they're the most underappreciated job in the game. Well, except maybe PUP. WHM deserve some love, we sure as ***don't get it in parties too often.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-03-26 11:08:09
Link | Citer | R

Lilya said:
Yakutatazu said:
Disintegration said:

Footwork is only good to boost the tp return of Asuran once every 5 min.

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. All MNK WS give 26TP (with footwork) initially, Asuran Fists with or without Footwork only adds 6TP max for either way you do it. So, using Footwork for Asuran Fists instead of Dragon Kick+Dune boots is an utter waste of the JA. The added damage from Dragon Kick will outweigh 6TP everytime. I get about 1k-1.2k from a normal Asuran vs. a 1700 Dragon with Dune+Footwork, I see no way 6tp > 500 damage would work out.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-26 11:09:22
Link | Citer | R

Mnk with auto hundred fists = auto-death
 Midgardsormr.Dagnabbit
By Midgardsormr.Dagnabbit 2009-03-26 11:09:57
Link | Citer | R

Mabrook said:
FUX WHM!!

I love them but why do they get almost half the update just for them ><; And by the looks of the picture, looks like DRG is the second part of the update 8\

Give MNK an update! Auto-Hundred Fists ok.

Umm....where are you seeing DRG? all the pics with this announcement are of WHMs....
 Phoenix.Amael
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-03-26 11:12:41
Link | Citer | R

Alyria said:

But cant whm already remove effects in a range? by doing divine seal erase? Isnt erase the same as esuna i guess.

This was exclusively for WHM's until SCH's AoE Stratagems. IMO SE its trying to bring WHM back as best healer, since its role has been less and less valuable in PT in contrast with RDMs and SCHs. I'm both SCH75 and WHM75 and I'm pretty much excited with this update :D

On another note, I agree, RDM needs something new!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8