Job Adjustments And Additions Part I (03/26/2009)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustments and Additions Part I (03/26/2009)
Job Adjustments and Additions Part I (03/26/2009)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-26 11:13:38
Link | Citer | R

Claquesous said:

This is the most drastic change to a job I can remember ever occuring in this game.

Old school RNG might not agree lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-26 11:15:42
Link | Citer | R

Yakutatazu said:
Lilya said:
Yakutatazu said:
Disintegration said:
I hope MNK gets some love. We got thrown a token bone with Footwork, but crickets otherwise.

Footwork was pretty much a foot up the ***.. it's pretty worthless wasting space on the JA list.. Only time it has any use is for Dragon Kick while wearing Dune boots which then you should be immediately removing it so it doesn't ruin tp gain with that god awful delay.

Back on topic, this might make WHM Maat fight even easier than it was already from the addition of Repose with the added MACC from some spells.

Footwork is only good to boost the tp return of Asuran once every 5 min.

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. All MNK WS give 26TP (with footwork) initially, Asuran Fists with or without Footwork only adds 6TP max for either way you do it. So, using Footwork for Asuran Fists instead of Dragon Kick+Dune boots is an utter waste of the JA. The added damage from Dragon Kick will outweigh 6TP everytime. I get about 1k-1.2k from a normal Asuran vs. a 1700 Dragon with Dune+Footwork, I see no way 6tp > 500 damage would work out.

BC all mnks carry around a DK build.

Post deleted by User.
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-26 11:18:42
Link | Citer | R

Frobeus said:
Claquesous said:

This is the most drastic change to a job I can remember ever occuring in this game.

Ya, people still complain about that ***, and it's been what, 3-4 years now? lol
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-03-26 11:22:24
Link | Citer | R

DK build shouldn't be much different than HF or Ascetic's Fury.. If you don't have any build for anything but Asuran b/c it takes up extra space then you should be playing a job like SAM that uses the same gear for every WS.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ragnell
Serveur: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Ragnell 2009-03-26 11:25:35
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Frobeus said:
Claquesous said:

Ya, people still complain about that ***, and it's been what, 3-4 years now? lol

No more Rng burns :(
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-03-26 11:34:58
Link | Citer | R

Mabrook said:
Yakutatazu said:
a job like SAM that uses the same gear for every WS.

False. SAM uses STR for YGK and ATK for Rana and Katien.

Although, I can say I do have ACC/ATK and STR/VIT set ups for MNK but that's it; DK is not that important. If for any reason you are using DK as your main WS, your doing MNK wrong.

I use Asuran 90% of the time, but to say that it's worthless to have is naive if you're a MNK main. It's only real use is when you have time to save up for a 300TP WS before you or someone else pops a NM or w/e. You still can get more damage off a footwork+dunes than an Asuran, so once every 5 mins isn't using it as your main WS.

And perhaps SAM should use an ATK build for Rana but I've yet to see any SAM wearing that build, only thing I've seen for Rana is SAMs adding ACC. And mentioning Katien is like saying what build you should have for Final Heaven.. so few people have relics it's not really worth stating in a general discussion.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-26 11:41:22

Looks like I'm late, didn't catch all your posts but this looks like a huge and long overdue update for whm.

The part about taking damage enhancing spells might make whms more hesitant on -enmity gear or maybe edging themselves a little closer to take an AOE or two.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-26 11:41:42
Link | Citer | R

Amael said:
Alyria said:

But cant whm already remove effects in a range? by doing divine seal erase? Isnt erase the same as esuna i guess.

This was exclusively for WHM's until SCH's AoE Stratagems. IMO SE its trying to bring WHM back as best healer, since its role has been less and less valuable in PT in contrast with RDMs and SCHs. I'm both SCH75 and WHM75 and I'm pretty much excited with this update :D

On another note, I agree, RDM needs something new!

RDM has its niche well carved out, both solo and it party play. WHM was sorely in need of this update, and I'm hoping BLM sees some new abilities/traits/ways to make things go boom also :D
Haven't BLU and SMN been promised new spells and avatars for a while now?
 Shiva.Ethereal
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-03-26 11:48:04

/waits for THF, COR & RNG to get something cool.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-26 11:48:59
Link | Citer | R

New SMN Avatars were "in the making" or "being thought about", I forget which. I think the BLU spells were from WOTG, all 5 of them XD
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-03-26 11:55:23
Link | Citer | R

Hitetsu said:
New SMN Avatars were "in the making" or "being thought about", I forget which. I think the BLU spells were from WOTG, all 5 of them XD

I remember something about not being able to make Bahamut an avatar since they didn't want to gimp his size/damage and would be broken to use if un-gimped.
 Asura.Yotevol
Serveur: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-03-26 11:57:34
Link | Citer | R

*Dusts off old WHM gear*

My WHM was awesome beforehand.
Now, I'll just be ridiculously awesome!

~Yote
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-26 11:58:54

SE had announced a few times in the past that Bahamut would not be an avatar due to them wanting to perserve his image of power. If they did make him an avatar for SMN they'd have to gimp his size and damage which they do not wanna do.

However the only info we got on is SMN will (eventually) receive two big avatars. That's all they really said >.>
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-26 11:59:19
Link | Citer | R

Hitetsu said:

I think there are a few more in the .dats? I know there are some unused BLM spells in there, don't remember about BLU though. Not that they couldn't create new spells or convert some monster-only spells for player use.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-03-26 12:00:09
Link | Citer | R

Wasn't Ultima in the database as a BLM spell.. Just a thought for possible BLM additions even though I know they would never release the spell for player use.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-03-26 12:01:05
Link | Citer | R

A lot of people have been bringing up the fact that RDM will still out-perform whm with this update. While i think thats probably true, it will close the gap by a considerable amount, as they will require less mp to do their job (the whole reason RDM replaces whm is the nearly limitless MP pool, speaking of healing only). As far as the RNG gimp goes... it was a necessary evil really, and as someone who (though not 75 RNG atm) loves RNG, and has played since a looong time ago, it doesn't bother me one bit.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-03-26 12:02:37
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
SE had announced a few times in the past that Bahamut would not be an avatar due to them wanting to perserve his image of power. If they did make him an avatar for SMN they'd have to gimp his size and damage which they do not wanna do.

However the only info we got on is SMN will (eventually) receive two big avatars. That's all they really said >.>

Well WotG might give us Atomos? :o
 Fairy.Bruser
user: gorteg3
By Fairy.Bruser 2009-03-26 12:12:42
Link | Citer | R

From fan fest, they said two new avatars will be introduced for smn, but I can't remeber if they said april update or in two major updates.
 Bahamut.Ragnell
user:
By Bahamut.Ragnell 2009-03-26 12:13:09

PHOENIX! COME ON!
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-26 12:18:30
Link | Citer | R

Raisega IV ftw >.>
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-03-26 12:24:24
Link | Citer | R

Wow, lots of cool new stuff for whm. About time if I may say so.

/em is still waiting for Requiem tweakage.
 Bahamut.Calyxx
user: calyxx
By Bahamut.Calyxx 2009-03-26 12:34:03
Link | Citer | R

How bout some love for DRK's they take so much DGM and their abilites make them allmost die if a mob turns on them and i take hate from NIN's and PLD's for a bit and then they allmost kill me >.<
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-26 12:35:10
Link | Citer | R

well no one tells you to do souleater during a pt >.> lol oh how i love it when darks do that lol
 Gilgamesh.Kynadre
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: kynadre
By Gilgamesh.Kynadre 2009-03-26 12:36:03
Link | Citer | R

Actually I could see people still keeping WHM backline but doing some trickery to take full advantage of Afflatus Misery. Might give us a nice advantage in shorter events like nyzul. Toss a banish on something to get nuked by a T4, let tank keep hate, and then reap the benefits of that damage taken for the rest of the run! Or conveniently stand just in range of a heavy-hitting AoE that you know won't kill you, and then run out of range for the remainder of the run! And I have a feeling that boosting Esuna and Auspice would be worth it. Most definitely worth it. And then, use Afflatus Solace while in parties or in dynamis! Boost the cures, stoneskin the folks you cure, and have powerful barspells for the AoEs that normally would make you cringe in fear. How cool is that?

It'll be fun to test, to say the least :D
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-26 12:39:21
Link | Citer | R

Kynadre said:
And then, use Afflatus Solace while in parties or in dynamis! Boost the cures, stoneskin the folks you cure

The stoneskin is going to make any blink tank happy as hell, I would think ^^
 Odin.Aramina
Serveur: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-26 12:43:15
Link | Citer | R

As a career WHM and someone who still considers White Mage their favorite job of all, this is just.... wow.

I'm absolutely floored by this. I can't wait!!!
 Bahamut.Calyxx
user: calyxx
By Bahamut.Calyxx 2009-03-26 12:43:16
Link | Citer | R

lol without souleater i take hate for a bit with souleater id prob. die kinda my point wish i could actually use some of my abilites without killing myself in the process... or pissing my party off lol
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8