Dragua Strategy as mnk
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Serveur: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-04-16 13:45:53
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Raistlinratt said:
All right, went out and bought an mdt set. now i just need to farm a little time because Amun/Ulhuadshi ate up all my mules stones :( Raist has like 350, but mule down to 5. The KI is pretty common from gold, think i should just cap amber and go to town? or try to do the NM every 10min or w/e it is? wondering which is efficient, since i could only bring NIN for red proc, or war, but not both

Wait... you have Ver..... and you didn't have a -MDT set??? You have a -pdt set right? But all in all dragua ain't hard. As most people said just keep up barstone and barpetra. It helps to use that item you get from defeating him everytime. If you are struggling or running low on mp (it can happen on duo's) so you take less dmg from his moves.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-04-16 15:34:16
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Don't listen to the tards.

* Razed Ruins, Gnarled horn, atma of the earh wyrm
* WHM keeps barpetra and barstonra up
* MNK/NIN obviously, counterstance when it doesn't dispel it
* And more importantly a serious earth resist set : breeze earring x2, +9/10 earth resist rings x 2, soil sachet, jeweled collar, wind belt. At least. That's is 90 resist in gear. You can get more if you try for it lol.

90+115 (barspell) + 100 (atma) = 305. You don't cap but nearly cap. Add shell V for -~25M mdt ish, plus the mdb from the wyrm atma, you will resist most of the time, and when not you have decent dmage reduction.

For safety I would suggest tripple boxing a BRD for 2x carol which would avoid macroing gear, or alternatively keep ears/rings/sachet full timed and one or two marches if you feel safe.
Don't forget the full usu w/ that /nin

There's 0 need for /nin, lol. Easily done /war.
[+]
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-16 15:47:05
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Don't listen to the tards.

* Razed Ruins, Gnarled horn, atma of the earh wyrm
* WHM keeps barpetra and barstonra up
* MNK/NIN obviously, counterstance when it doesn't dispel it
* And more importantly a serious earth resist set : breeze earring x2, +9/10 earth resist rings x 2, soil sachet, jeweled collar, wind belt. At least. That's is 90 resist in gear. You can get more if you try for it lol.

90+115 (barspell) + 100 (atma) = 305. You don't cap but nearly cap. Add shell V for -~25M mdt ish, plus the mdb from the wyrm atma, you will resist most of the time, and when not you have decent dmage reduction.

For safety I would suggest tripple boxing a BRD for 2x carol which would avoid macroing gear, or alternatively keep ears/rings/sachet full timed and one or two marches if you feel safe.

Says the guy in full usu, try harder.

edit: dammit beaten
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-04-16 16:03:25
Link | Citer | R

Weren't you banned from BG?

As far as earth resist set, MDT does the job just fine for me, no earth+ gear was required.

ITT: Just because I can't do something, nobody else can do it!
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Serveur: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-04-16 16:07:01
Link | Citer | R

By proving it I meant do a video obviously btw. You claim do duo it /war. Just do it.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-04-16 16:15:17
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
ITT: Just because I can't do something, nobody else can do it!
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-16 16:28:16
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Generally speaking, the nerds bitching about /nin instead of the all mighty /war, and that use mdt instead of the all mighty earth resist are the follwing

(1) Trolls rejected from BG
(2) Don't have killed 40 draguas
(3) Don't duo it
(4) They brew dragua

My post is intended to give the OP a solid method of duo and which is valaidated by myself and another poster from what I read.

To the idiots (4 above posters) that act elistist. Prove it. Just *** prove eeeeeeeeeeeeet. Post me a Duo MNK/WAR + WHM duoing dragua witout earth resist reset. Yes this NM is easy. 68 stoneja is easyyyyyyyyyy. Abyssea is easy old news, if you are clever.

The only thing you did for the OP was bump an old thread, seeing as he already dual boxed it. Everything you said was already suggested, way to go.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-16 21:19:40
Link | Citer | R

Idk. I know its possible to do with /war. i did it, but the fight went very rough. Full dispel then he hits me and petrifies me. With full dispel he was hitting me for like 500ish? so my mule would obviously start curing me, and i kept getting petrified b/c was trying to do barstonra/barpetra, and cure.

After i'm more comfortable (more than 2 fights...), i might try /war. But for me, /nin made the fight super easy and didn't need any temps or hardly any curing.

I use full usu when casting utsusemi...lol. I think another problem is I didn't have my mules set up properly for the fight. After i tweak a few things I believe I could do it /war. But as i've asked, how much does this speed up your fights? Has anyone timed it? Risk vs. reward.
 Ifrit.Arawn
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-04-16 21:26:57
Link | Citer | R

trio'd it. Hardest part was when/if your white mage got petrified. If you have a character out of range of the attack with stona you should be fine.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-16 21:33:07
Link | Citer | R

I think there is a big difference between fighting with 1 or 2 friends and doing it yourself with a mule. But yes, I agree that this guy isn't "that" bad.
 Ifrit.Arawn
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-04-16 21:58:55
Link | Citer | R

True enough. Tempted to make a remark about the easiest way to kill this guy is to make friends. But that would be off topic.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-16 22:27:44
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Arawn said:
True enough. Tempted to make a remark about the easiest way to kill this guy is to make friends. But that would be off topic.

If you have the ability to kill something yourself and don't need to waste your friends' time, why would you?

If i needed help, i have a few friends that would be more than happy to help. If I can solo it...that means half or less of the man hours are wasted. I'm sure a bard friend wouldn't "enjoy" sitting out of range and running in for songs and such, its just stupid to sit there and watch, while doing something a mule can do.

I don't appreciate the insinuation that I have no friends or whatever that remark was about. It's pointless and groundless. I don't ask for help unless I need it. Why did you even come in this thread? all you said was "i trio'd it" and "i have friends, yay for you...Maybe your friends can go out and help you get rid of your brown belt and chiv chain.

It may seem selfish, but if having someone help you doesn't double your production (kill 2x as fast), then its pretty dumb. Even moreso if you don't really gain anything by them being there... Lets say me and Personx both have 2 mules. We both need dragua. We both have the ability to solo it.

If we ask for help, then we are obligated to help in return. This is effectively meaning you have to do 150 scales instead of 75. Why would you double your workload for no gain? Sure if my friends need help i'd help them. But if they don't, its pretty much a waste of time. Since my mule is hurting for stones...doubly so.

Don't come in here spouting nonsense acting like you are special because some of your friends will give up their time for your gains. I see it as a waste of time, because the fight wouldn't be 'fun' for the person 'helping'. I'd rather see my friends accomplish their own goals. I would also rather wait for something I do actually need help on to ask for it...maybe i'm just an ***.

Edit: I really don't get people like you, are "umad?" that others can solo this and you can't? so you have to come on here spouting nonsense that we have no friends because we dual box stuff? gtfo
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-04-17 04:21:30
Link | Citer | R

Seeing as only the MONK needs the scales, you can always get a third that would lot coin and cards. People tend to forget this is an online game and I hate the attitude of duo whm+mnk or bust (brew). On this particular NM, most of the time is wasted on the fight itself (about the same time as ulhuadshi fight, a little less) as getting the pop is a matter of a few minutes, so killing it faster is actually saving time. My most shocking visions in the game since I came back mid february is the amount of people with no LS that systematically duo stuff with their dual boxed mule ; I'm glad SE has other plans for the future as they already announced 6-18 man type endgame, aka salvage style.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-17 04:34:24
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
My most shocking visions in the game since I came back mid february is the amount of people with no LS that systematically duo stuff with their dual boxed mule ; I'm glad SE has other plans for the future as they already announced 6-18 man type endgame, aka salvage style.

Scary but we agree on something.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-17 14:35:06
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Generally speaking, the nerds bitching about /nin instead of the all mighty /war, and that use mdt instead of the all mighty earth resist are the follwing

(1) Smart people
(2) Non-HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

ftfy

Pchan, why are you so awful?
[+]
 Odin.Slugg
Serveur: Odin
user: Beau
By Odin.Slugg 2011-04-17 15:05:56
Link | Citer | R

Here's what I did, click itemset link for description:
 Shiva.Cybermario
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Cybermario 2011-04-17 15:06:13
Link | Citer | R

hmmm probably will try to go for it if i find a good whm to keep me alive
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-17 15:13:01
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Seeing as only the MONK needs the scales, you can always get a third that would lot coin and cards. People tend to forget this is an online game and I hate the attitude of duo whm+mnk or bust (brew). On this particular NM, most of the time is wasted on the fight itself (about the same time as ulhuadshi fight, a little less) as getting the pop is a matter of a few minutes, so killing it faster is actually saving time. My most shocking visions in the game since I came back mid february is the amount of people with no LS that systematically duo stuff with their dual boxed mule ; I'm glad SE has other plans for the future as they already announced 6-18 man type endgame, aka salvage style.

How is a non dual boxed whm going to speed up the fight significantly? I'm still punching it while i alt tab to whm to run in and barstonra and other stuff. I don't think a 2nd DD would be a good idea on it low man, because of MP issues, but maybe it is. Multi-task. Solo the mob and then sell the +2 drops you don't need. A lot of these fights you guys complain about, when done by 12 people, take just as long or longer...because people just sit there watching 1 guy fight it. Talk about a *** waste of time. But yes...please...lets bring back the need for 12-18 people. Where the leaders give ***to their pets or themselves. YAY!

Why do people complain when others no longer need an 18 man linkshell to accomplish things? Yes, lets bring back the days where you can't do stuff without 18 people. And the LS is led by 2-4 ppl who only give out the ***to ppl they like after themselves, etc etc. I don't think you understand the true meaning of wasted time. Taking 6 ppl to do something in 20 minutes that one person can do in 40 minutes. What is the true waste of time? Learn to think.

I will agree that abyssea is too easy. I'm sick of seeing all these gimp *** no skill players taking 45mins to kill something I can do in 15 solo. But seeing as the alternative is relying on 12-18 ppl to get a few ppl something, i'll put up with it.

Take Talphon, my favorite masamune samurai for example. I would classify him as "special olympics" samurai. Before Abyssea came out, my sam (with worse gear, or atleast equivalent) would outparse him by double damage. He'd do 60k dmg, i would do 120k. Now he has Masamune, does this make him a better sam? no...it makes him a terrible sam who uses masamune to half its potential. it makes him a sam that had his LS get him his masamune for him. Next time don't bring your self-righteous holier than holy douchebag self into my thread and say something like "I would post here but I don't want to participate in the special olympics."

You are the special olympics...and it makes me laugh. Way off topic but i'm sure they still troll all my posts so he'll see it.
 Ragnarok.Akuji
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Akujisan
By Ragnarok.Akuji 2011-04-17 16:07:09
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slugg said:
Here's what I did, click itemset link for description:

Very conservative I would say, but it gets the job done, rather safely I might add. Not my personal avenue for fighting dragua, but I also didn't tri-box mine.

Earth sachet though? Those damn things never work for me, haven't even seen it proc once.
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-04-17 16:48:50
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
My most shocking visions in the game since I came back mid february is the amount of people with no LS that systematically duo stuff with their dual boxed mule
This is not a shock at all, its exactly what SE announced/planned from the start. They wanted content that you could do as an alliance, party or even solo. Thats exactly what abyssea has given us, you can do abyssea with any number of ppl even solo. Is it a great system? YMMV.

Personally I would like to see events with 6-12 ppl. I personally loved salvage and einherjar.

Raenryong said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

(1) Smart people
(2) Non-HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE

ftfy

Pchan, why are you so awful?
Sorry but Im going to have to agree with pchan on this, earth set > mdt. Why reduce 50-60% of the damage when you can reduce more than 90%. It only takes 9 slots aswell and when you are done, you can mule them off if you are struggling with room.

Yes its only 1 mob, but so was Tiamat and im sure we all had fire sets for that, I know I did and I used that for cerberus/Sara aswell(who needs stun when gates does only 80 damage and you resist burn). Thats not to say I dont keep my mdt set on me, I have one on me always, and swap around my ele sets for fights where I know theyll be useful. Earth/fire/lightning are the complete sets I have for all my melee jobs(ice probably only for drk/pld).

Im sure if you are pressed for inventory room, it can be an issue. However, he was just stating that ele set is better than mdt for this fight, and it is, its a fact. Whether its convenient to you to lug the gear around is another story. Being Abyssea, it probably wont make too much of a difference with 4k HP, but new outside content shall be a different story on once again.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-04-17 18:00:11
Link | Citer | R

Earth resist takes me

1 slot on range +10
2 slots on earrings +30
2 slots on rings +19
1 slot on neck +10

=> this in what I would personnally suggest to full time especially if you dual box your whm or you might eat a bad spell
=> +69 earth resist

As far as macro goes, the wind belt is nice and gives a huge boost. On other slots, no really big items, but if I was to duo my 40 darguas I would macro probably :

black ribbon, beak mantle +1, sand gloves = +30

Here is what happens :

earth resist for gear (9 dedicated slots shown above) for +99
barstonra ~ 115-120 at least, up to 140 if you have those kewl AF2 pants for your WHM.
atma of the earth wyrm +100

Total = 100+140+99 ~340

With this you cap meaning you take almost no damage and on top of that you have shell 5 and and the mdb from the atma.

*IF* you can't systematically macro which I understand since dual boxing is like this, and if your WHM is gimp though capped enhancing, you have
100+120+69=289

Well you don't cap but .. close enough really. I suspect you need 350 to fully cap so that would be 70% resist rate which means

* full damage nuke (with shell 5 and mdb from barspell/atma though) ~30% of the time
* half damage ~ 0.21% of the time
* quarter damage ~ 14.7% of the time
* 1/8 resist damage ~ 34.3 % of the time

You average 48.46% of a full damage spell, then you have shell 5 :
=> the gimp earth resist setup gives you on average -64% magic damage taken before mdt is accounted for, this already nicely beats the pure mdt set which cannot beat -50%.

For pimps like me though ( joking because the set I showed above costs nothing really) you are nearing -85% ish damage taken on average before mdb is accounted for, try it, love it, npc/mule the gear when you are done with it lol.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-17 19:03:09
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
Sorry but Im going to have to agree with pchan on this, earth set > mdt. Why reduce 50-60% of the damage when you can reduce more than 90%. It only takes 9 slots aswell and when you are done, you can mule them off if you are struggling with room.

Yes its only 1 mob, but so was Tiamat and im sure we all had fire sets for that, I know I did and I used that for cerberus/Sara aswell(who needs stun when gates does only 80 damage and you resist burn). Thats not to say I dont keep my mdt set on me, I have one on me always, and swap around my ele sets for fights where I know theyll be useful. Earth/fire/lightning are the complete sets I have for all my melee jobs(ice probably only for drk/pld).

Im sure if you are pressed for inventory room, it can be an issue. However, he was just stating that ele set is better than mdt for this fight, and it is, its a fact. Whether its convenient to you to lug the gear around is another story. Being Abyssea, it probably wont make too much of a difference with 4k HP, but new outside content shall be a different story on once again.

He's suggesting the people telling how to win in a way that doesn't use his method are lying. He's a pretentious ***. Yes, earth resist is better. Resist is always better. But is it worth the inv space when you use it for only one fight? YMMV. Definitely not needed though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-17 19:07:34
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Earth resist takes me

1 slot on range +10
2 slots on earrings +30
2 slots on rings +19
1 slot on neck +10

=> this in what I would personnally suggest to full time especially if you dual box your whm or you might eat a bad spell
=> +69 earth resist

As far as macro goes, the wind belt is nice and gives a huge boost. On other slots, no really big items, but if I was to duo my 40 darguas I would macro probably :

black ribbon, beak mantle +1, sand gloves = +30

Here is what happens :

earth resist for gear (9 dedicated slots shown above) for +99
barstonra ~ 115-120 at least, up to 140 if you have those kewl AF2 pants for your WHM.
atma of the earth wyrm +100

Total = 100+140+99 ~340

With this you cap meaning you take almost no damage and on top of that you have shell 5 and and the mdb from the atma.

*IF* you can't systematically macro which I understand since dual boxing is like this, and if your WHM is gimp though capped enhancing, you have
100+120+69=289

Well you don't cap but .. close enough really. I suspect you need 350 to fully cap so that would be 70% resist rate which means

* full damage nuke (with shell 5 and mdb from barspell/atma though) ~30% of the time
* half damage ~ 0.21% of the time
* quarter damage ~ 14.7% of the time
* 1/8 resist damage ~ 34.3 % of the time

You average 48.46% of a full damage spell, then you have shell 5 :
=> the gimp earth resist setup gives you on average -64% magic damage taken before mdt is accounted for, this already nicely beats the pure mdt set which cannot beat -50%.

For pimps like me though ( joking because the set I showed above costs nothing really) you are nearing -85% ish damage taken on average before mdb is accounted for, try it, love it, npc/mule the gear when you are done with it lol.

While this is tempting, have you done the math on capping MDT with gear, then rest earth resist? I can easily swap gear when i'm about to eat a spell, so its no big deal for that part of the equation. You are kind of cheating by using the barstonra and atma, as this is already going to be on while fighting (if you choose atma).

The real question is, how much damage average do you take when you have barstonra, atma, and the full MDT? is the extra 45 earth resist going to make that much of a difference (more than -25% MDT?) Doubt it. I can put on full MDT gear and still have +25 earth resist with 2 pieces. I could get others...but i'm not going crazy, no need. So with full MDT gear and the 2 pieces of earth, i'll be at 265 earth resist and -50% MDT, with addition +19 MDB. I think this has to be best combo no? You are getting the best of both worlds. You get the CONSTANT! -MDT, which is better imo, i'd rather see consistent 500s rather than a bunch of 100s and then a 1200 or w/e. Personal preference i guess, but I tend to stick to MDT gear.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-04-17 19:41:33
Link | Citer | R

Assuming 350 is the cap, since 1 earth resist is equivalent to -1% resist rate at first the -0.5% past the 50% threshold there is a range of 135 earth resit that do something : [ 215, 350 ]. The atma plus the the barpsell give about 215 so anything past that contibute on average. -25% mdt on gear is going to sacrifice you earrings, rings, belt and the 5 visible slots. At this point 1 resit = -1% until you reach 215+45=260 ;

rings : -6% vs -9/-10, earth resist wins, no constest
earrings : -2% vs -15, earth resist wins no constest
range : earth resist wins
neck : 5% (m)dt vs 10 resist : earth wins
belt : -2% mdt vs -20 : earth wins

Only slots where mdt would be better is body, legs, feet prety much. And If you check my above gear suggestions, body leg and feet have nothing so if you can systematically macro gear on every spell as you said, it is always better to cap earth, and by far. You can still get mdt on bodt/leg/feet if needed, though if you take 100 dmg you don't give a ***.

For your exemple

265 resist => 52.5% resist rate, -50% mdt

full damage spells : 50%
1/2 dmg : 0.25
1/4 : 0.125
1/8 : 0.0625
=> 0.664 reduction before mdt so 0.3320 after, or -66.8% damage taken before mdb is accounted.

If you have instead shell V ( ~ -27% mdt) and use the gimped earth resist gear I mentionned above (ringsx2 earx2 range neck) you are actually averaging, using the coorect shell 5 formula

0.4846*(1-0.27)=.353758 = > -64.62% damage taken equivalently so your pimp mdt is on par with a gimp earth resist.

Note that your "pimp" mdt set covers more slots that my "gimp" earth resist. For instance as soon as you put wind belt you don't stand a chance and also my "gimp" earth resist leaves free the folowings slots :

head/body/hands/back/belt/legs/feet which would surpass yours weather I'd put mdt/b or earth resist obviously. The gimp earth resist I proposed is more of an optimized magic taken vs invo slot vs macroing. If you are going to be able to macro systematically then earth resist is the way to go. Also it makes you immune to slowga.

ps : I assumed your 19 mdb are more or less covered solace mdb + atma mdb and I don't really see mdb gear to put in range/neck/ears/rings. If you put it in say back or other slots then both set can fill it anyway as my "gimp" slot has plenty of empty spaces.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-04-17 19:49:06
Link | Citer | R

Immune to slowga...good enough reason for me to purchase these paltry pieces and then mule/npc them lol...I stand corrected. Won't be that much of a pain to get these and macro them i suppose, have mules for a reason.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-04-17 19:55:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

He's suggesting the people telling how to win in a way that doesn't use his method are lying.

Nope, I'm suggesting that the idiots claiming that they can duo 100% of their dragua as /war and without using earth atma are full of ***. Of course you can get lucky runs where he doesn't roar much etc. Roar + stoneja means your whm has to run to you the apply 4 fairly long spells (shell(ra)5 protect(ra)5 barstonra barptra) before doing haste and all this while countering a possible superhighh damage spell. Plenty of deadly combo are possible :

rora + stoneja or stonega + one or two crits
whm can get severely damage also from stoneja

At least /nin offer the possibility of Ni

So I reiterate to you and the others that claimed /warzzzz and mdt to be best because BG idiots claimed it, please post a vid. Should be easy, since abyssea is easy !

A duo monk/war plus whm is probably entirely luck based . A duo mnk/nin + whm remains possible, though still hard imo if you don't use earth resists. A duo mnk/nin + whm with earth resist seems the most reliable approach. Considering barstonra is instant, all you have to do after roar is barstonra and you are back to no magical damage taken and :Ni gives you enough time to breath until whm is ready to press cure 6 button.

Personnaly I won't do my 50 draguas with Treasure hunter zero, just saying. Superstition. It probably doesn't change much...
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-04-17 20:14:17
Link | Citer | R

-5mdt/pdt rings thats my build. I dont bother carrying an earth resist build.

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
constest exemple

heh.
[+]
 Bismarck.Azagthothe
user: Azagthoth
By Bismarck.Azagthothe 2011-04-17 20:44:31
Link | Citer | R

Yes, a resist set will provide a lot more damage reduction than a MDT set, but it isn't required to sucessfully kill Dragua, nor is /nin, nor is Atma of the Earth wyrm.

It's actually very easy to duo/dual-box Dragua with MNK/WAR + WHM using RR+GH+Apoc and MDT set and there isn't anything lucky about it. If you can't figure out how to survive Horrid Roar + Stonega I'd either scrap your mule and get a dedicated WHM or get a new WHM friend if you already have dedicated WHM.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-04-17 21:02:05
Link | Citer | R

I just have the WHM use earth wyrm as MNK/WAR and WHM, pretty straightforward fight, with the only potential concern being the WHM ever getting petrified. Having a third stona available outside wing range just in case is a sure win.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12