About time!

[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-17 20:53:47
Link | Citer | R

CG..which NM did you *** for the +2 drops?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-17 21:00:19
Link | Citer | R

Grats.

Eikechi: Sobek and Cirein-coin are both pretty easy to get to, Sobek's the main one for NIN item.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-17 21:28:24
Link | Citer | R

So my fellow ninjas. Did you get your ninja fanboy/on when you seen the new af3 body and hands we get?

My shorts got very tight. nuff said.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-11-17 21:34:34
Link | Citer | R

:O Grats Zanno! Hopefully I can get at those pants/katana soon myself :3
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-18 04:10:20
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
CG..which NM did you *** for the +2 drops?

I did Sobek for the stones. I was lucky and were able to team up with a group who killed him for the skins, to upgrade kannagi. So I solo'd the pops for him, and let they have the skins from my pop and they'd let me have the stones from theirs.

He was actually a lot easier to kill than I had expected. 5 ppl, NIN/WAR, DD/NIN, BLM, RDM, WHM
 Lakshmi.Bravefencer
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Bravefencer 2010-11-18 04:55:00
Link | Citer | R

NIN/dnc can solo sirrush,gukumatz and minax bugard?
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-18 05:05:55
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I've done it. Sirrush and Guku beeing the harder ones. All 3 NM's have horrible acc if you have a solid EVA setup, but sirrush fireball/snowball moves can hurt a lot if unresisted. I would suggest keeping TP for curing as well as having a couple of potions in inventory.

Only threating move done by minax is "Death" lol. It's only happen to me a few times though.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-18 05:07:13
Link | Citer | R

I solo'ed Minax Bugard, very very easily. as nin/rdm and atma MM / Ebon (i dont have RR / VV) and all bonus from cruor npc, you get benefit from fast cast and magic attack bonus, also stoneskin. My :San was doing 350~ dmg (Futae : 550), and :Ni 200~
It took me less than 30min with elemental wheel, more than 30min only melee-ing. Bio isnt a probleme if you have a good evasion you can spam cure III til it's off (doesnt last to long, 3~4 cure at most).

Keep para/blind/slow/myoshi up all the time. Blade kamu also if you're going to elemental wheel, it's very helpfull ^^"

Quote:
Only threating move done by minax is "Death"

I never saw it. Must be rare ^^

With Ebon atma, i was 2300HP, he can hurt sometimes 1300 dmg ~ but rare.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-11-18 09:51:35
Link | Citer | R

Yea it's rare, like 15~20% Death, 80~85% Bio effect. And that's a stupidly awesome idea Zanno, just ask for stones from Sobek spam, haha. Things like that usually just get dropped to the floor if it's spam for Empyrean.
 Ramuh.Aramachus
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Aramachus
By Ramuh.Aramachus 2010-11-18 10:58:15
Link | Citer | R

congratulations zanno, really nice job.
now get the head and feet +2 aswell and tell me what the "augments dual wield" means :P was curious about that the day the first screenshots of af3 came out... dunno whats left there to augment when nins attack faster than mnks 2hring lol but the feet+2 alone are a total game breaker imo

another question on athamas, I managed to get him 3 times in a row yesterday which too me to a total of 4/8 on seals now and a diabolos rope (yay!), first try soloed him without much trouble, second time I had my gf on her rdm outside of party cure + haste which made the fight a joke, triggered !! with elemental ninjutsu aswell, third one hojo/kurayami get resisted way more than before (ninjutsu not capped around 290ish which is usually enough to land maybe 50% of time), he's taking my shadows one after and seems to favor sickle slash over the usual draw in thing, one of which got me for 1.7k after he got both hits from a double attack in between the narrow window while converting shadows...
has anyone else noticed a shift in difficulty on athamas? it might not be a raged spawn (like the tier III VNMs are said to be) but maybe his level varies a little at times? could of course have been just unlucky but the two times before it was more or less a cakewalk, knowing what to expect and being on my toes, and then he totally owned me the time after *shrugs*
 Leviathan.Kincard
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2010-11-19 01:50:46
Link | Citer | R

For the people wondering about Ninjutsu nuking, stop trying. It's not going to do decent numbers on anything above a tough or so, unless you were using mage atmas, which I sincerely hope you're not. As much as I'd love for -ton spells to be useful they have no use right now outside of helping you land debuffs easier, triggering !! (Which you only need Ni for), and the relatively rare NM fight like Sewer Syrup that's especially weak to magic. I guess when you lay it out like that, they're decently flexible- I just cannot imagine why you would want to spend time building an entire set for it, nor can I imagine how any of you have the space for it since I'm running around at 75/80 most of the time with all the gearswaps NIN already has. I just switch into my debuff set if I'm feeling crazy enough to cast a -ton spell for its actual damage.

San spells have lower base damage than some of the black magic tier 2 nukes, for god's sake, even if at capped level (Which you shouldn't be doing if the plan is to cycle all 6 of them). Even with capped subtle blow, it's not worth feeding 5 TP per wussy spell like that, assuming it even lands unresisted (It won't).

Yeah, you'll land like a 700 Hyoton: San while magic bursting on a curled up Wamouracampa with Futae up, that doesn't prove anything. It reminds me of when the first Blade: Hi shots were coming in showing 4000+ damage and people automatically assumed the weapon skill was mind-blowingly broken (It's still the best WS NIN has at the moment, don't get me wrong).

The only way Ninjutsu nuking can be fixed is the introduction of long cast, high damage -ton spells, and better balanced gear that has both large amount of macc and ninjutsu damage bonus/MAB (By the way, when NIN ends up getting an AF3 body that ends up being a better nuking piece than the BLM one, I'm blaming all of you for it ;) ) Only then when it will have wider situational use, even. Until then, a DRK geared to nuke will actually do more damage than a NIN will- with their T3s.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-19 02:00:08
Link | Citer | R

I like pulling mad hate with a well placed Hyoton San fully merited in group 2 and effect in group 1. But thats just me. I use them for hate control mostly if voke is down and for some crazy reason i lose hate. I say that because with atma of the razed ruins + Innin + crit hit merits + capped acc and tp in dual body with suppa and double march and haste = hundred fist crit hits. Nothing can pull hate off me, not even the plds, the mages, the DD, no one will pull it off me.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-19 02:01:16
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
About time!

YOUR ELVAAN ARNT YOU!
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-19 02:07:07
Link | Citer | R

You can tell from my LOLdex? D:
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2010-11-19 02:07:58
Link | Citer | R

While I get the impression that the -ton spells do indeed give quite a bit of enmity considering the low damage they do, it's still not worth feeding 5 TP (the minimum you'll be feeding, and I doubt you're wearing subtle blow in that debuff/nuking set), because you have 2 spells that don't feed any TP that can grab hate back just as well.

But like you said, a NIN with RR is going to have a hard time losing hate ANYWAY. NIN's a top tier melee DD right now because of the game's wonky balance resulting from just RR and a bunch of dual wield stuff, which means there's even less reason for Ninjas to be pulling out the -ton spells for anything other than very narrow uses, because you're going to do a lot more damage just swinging those katanas right now.

There's a reason RNG's near the bottom of the DPS list right now, and that same reason alone would make NIN nuking pointless, without the unreliable accuracy and lame damage.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-19 02:19:07
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
You can tell from my LOLdex? D:

No i can tell from the OMFG NICE str. Now that you mention the dex.. yea... lol elvaan. Doesn't you bother you that elvaan hold katana the worst of any race? Criss cross behind your back wtf lol. I had to go hume JUST for ninja im that serious about ninja.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-19 02:25:15
Link | Citer | R

Elvaans look HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE no matter what they do. have you ever paid attention to elvaan mages when they are casting magic?
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-19 02:33:01
Link | Citer | R

Just for the lulz and because I dont have any time/stones for abyssea. And because Raise III is 400k+

E-Vase-Ive Action solo NIN/WHM

Ofcourse the scroll didnt drop :/
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-19 04:07:48
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
For the people wondering about Ninjutsu nuking, stop trying. It's not going to do decent numbers on anything above a tough or so, unless you were using mage atmas, which I sincerely hope you're not. As much as I'd love for -ton spells to be useful they have no use right now

etc...

etc...

As i said, i dont have RR / VV or any other good options.

My dnc is 39~, and my rdm is 75, so /rdm was a viable options.
I tell you how i have solo'ed the bugard, with elemental wheel, with Yonin / AFv2 hands and ninja tools expertise 4/5 merited, elemental tools you save almost 80%+ of your tools.

In fact, atma MM and sub /rdm was more viable, because i had infinite MP, as /dnc, i dont have infinite tp, if i'm in trouble (getting 1300 dmg, i'll be at 0 tp or near and not event full hp recovery)puting me in danger, as for rdm sub i wasnt in danger because of fast cast also.

Thats not because, nin isnt better than a black mage, he can't be viable. like i said, i was dealing 2x more damages with tools than using WS, it take me 2s to land 350/500 with futae dmg tools where it take me 2s to deal 100~150/400 with WS dmg with katana.

Quote:

Here my nin nuke set:

Koga Hatsuburi
Loquacious Earring
Moldavite Earring
Yasha Samue
Koga Tekko +1
Balrahn's Ring
Koga Kyahan

i'm wasnt even using elemental staff.
I have also duo'd Heqet with a friend brd as /rdm, not using elemental tweel this time.

If you cant afford elemental tools simply change your job... dnc is the real nin/dnc evasion tanking solo job...
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2010-11-19 08:11:24
Link | Citer | R

Sure, if all you have are mage atmas (Though I'm not sure how you managed to get MM without having at least one decent melee atma, given that there's multiple of them, from Stout Arm to Vivacious Violet to Stronghold to Harvester- chances are, people are going to have a decent melee atma before they get a mage one), maybe it could be somewhat worthwhile- though I'm sure you can still put on lame melee atmas (Synthesized ones), actually eat food and do comparable damage to your fully-MM-beefed San spells. By the way, nice job showing that you do 5 damage when you had bio freshly put on you by Tyrant Tusk. I guess I could go try nuking a magic pot and see what kind of numbers those will land me.

Is it possible to get San spells to do 300+ damage on a consistent basis? Sure, load up the atma and some halfway decent nuking gear and you'll do just fine (Though the atma's doing the majority of the work there, which is my whole point). I still don't see what the point is of spending several thousand worth of gil spamming ninjutsu when I can spend 3k to have pizza up for 3 hours. This isn't about whether or not you can afford it, it's about being smart and not wasting gil if you don't have to.

The problem isn't that NIN isn't as good a nuker as BLM. The problem is that NIN isn't as good a nuker as freaking DRK, and with MP essentially being infinite in Abyssea, tools are actually a more limited resource than MP is now.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-19 08:31:25
Link | Citer | R

I came back into the game was 2 weeks ago, found a shout for MM atma, got it (mostly for my blu). i have also Sellsword, but since i'd prefer /rdm i took MM for refresh with almost an infini mp pool.

I missed the bio, but anyway my dmg aren't better than my tools still 20/30 dmg per hit without crit.

Event if it's not better than a drk or blm, tools :San are still nice with proper gear/atma and the goods mob. San spells was doing 355~ on almost all my spells, got 1 or 2 resist at 120 dmg~ .
Also yeah, it's rare to find a mob where ninja tools dealing good damage, but the bugard work fine.

You're trying to say, melee is better, but i prove you i can deal better damage with my San, since i dont have somes good atma to go with melee. it's also a fun fight, worth the prices of tools, i dont care to lose money if i get fun.
It cost me about 10k gils at most. crafting my own tools for somes of thems.

Magic Pot are highly resistant to magic, it's like i tell you to melee some mob immune melee damage and see what kind of number it will land.

I've also did it in full eva melee mode, but it's boring as hell lol.
 Sylph.Tsujikiri
Serveur: Sylph
user: Tsujikiri
By Sylph.Tsujikiri 2010-11-19 09:12:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
I like pulling mad hate with a well placed Hyoton San fully merited in group 2 and effect in group 1. But thats just me. I use them for hate control mostly if voke is down and for some crazy reason i lose hate. I say that because with atma of the razed ruins + Innin + crit hit merits + capped acc and tp in dual body with suppa and double march and haste = hundred fist crit hits. Nothing can pull hate off me, not even the plds, the mages, the DD, no one will pull it off me.

Let me know if i'm wrong but doesn't Innin only work when your striking an enemy from behind? So if you are tanking wouldn't that make Yonin a better option.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-19 10:01:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tsujikiri said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:

Let me know if i'm wrong but doesn't Innin only work when your striking an enemy from behind? So if you are tanking wouldn't that make Yonin a better option.

Innin only works when behind the mob, yonin only works when in front. I've seen a lot of nin thinking they can just put up innin (when soloing) and get the benefits of innin.

But then again, almost every pickup abyssea exp pt I see someone TP'ing in maat's cap as well (not nin's, mostly war's, mnk's and sam's)
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-19 10:23:13
Link | Citer | R

In exp pty, i have innin always up, just in case mob turn off lol.
Most funny is i got no trouble keeping hate under innin, on yonin, i never gate to much hate lol, i dont miss... probably the critical damage decreased.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-19 10:28:19
Link | Citer | R

I use yonin when tanking because of iga hakama +2 if nothing else. Counter rate seems to be higher on the +2 than on +1 btw. But can be my imagination.

Edit: nin tool exp from yonin is nice too.
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-19 10:38:32
Link | Citer | R

I just watched my Blade Yu goes up using Innin, without i did 550, with 710, look like innin also boost elemental WS. since it's never miss, always constant damage (30% boost).
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-19 10:46:24
Link | Citer | R

From behind or infront of mob?
 Cerberus.Nexxus
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-11-19 10:48:28
Link | Citer | R

Was behind, i should try from front but i'm not sure it'll work.
I was getting mad missing with food + accuracy gear the tonberry THF for Azure abyssite, so i decide to use innin while leviathan was tanking.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-19 10:52:47
Link | Citer | R

Ah yea that makes sense. innin is supposed to add 30% dmg to magic dmg, including elemental ws when striking from behind. Or maybe it was that blade: yu is affected by MAB, I cant remember. either way it makes sense.