Bahamut.Kaioshin
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-10 17:19:17
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Upbeat said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
with that sort of attitude you shouldn't lvl ninja lol. I always got a party. But then again I'm one of the better ones.
Meh, I only leveled ninja because I wanted to attack fast. When I was trying to decide what job I wanted to level it was either ninja or thief. I do agree with it sucking to see all the new full pink ninjas running around /throw_up.

Aye. Its sick. You can quickly tell them apart from the good ninjas besides the full pink, they also don't know how to tank.
 Odin.Upbeat
Serveur: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-11-10 17:35:31
Link | Citer | R

@Kaioshin I've been lucky enough not to have any of them trying to tank for me, but that's mostly because anytime I'm doing anything in FFXI It's either low-man and I'm the only tank... or I'm soloing.

Since 85 I've found NIN/RDM with this set up is by far my new favorite thing to play with whenever I get the chance.

Just dropped around 600k buying tons of tool bags for every nuke lol
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-10 23:16:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Ninja has kind of become a bandwagon job since Abyssea. No one has to level it up normally so they just get it to 85 and put on full Aurore and think they are hot ***. I remember back in the day when if you didn't have your byakko's haidate or at least Relic ninja pants you were gimp and were useless. Now all these ninjas just rock full aurore then upgrade iga hakamas and think they are leet sauce. None of them know how to even magic burst with their ninjutsu and none of them understand what /drk tanking is. Its sad. Ninja has become the new sam.

While I was doing ToM
 Alexander.Haptic
Serveur: Alexander
user: Haptic
By Alexander.Haptic 2010-11-10 23:27:54
Link | Citer | R

Finally got my pants :P lots of solo/duo...

^^

Has anyone been able to solo/duo? Sirrush?

PS: opps >.> selected the belt on accident...
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-10 23:32:12
Link | Citer | R

Lizzy is easy, I've duod him. But I have no doubt solo would be just as easy. Well maybe it would hurt not having shell, but that would be all I think.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-10 23:32:56
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
none of them understand what /drk tanking is.
There's a reason for that.

I wouldn't say NIN is the new SAM; SAM is still the monstrously overrated bandwagon DD job that people seem to think is better than Jesus but in reality is nothing special. NIN at least has some utility and can capitalize on Razed Ruins in Abyssea. Capped haste and a ton of DW is pretty fun too, though most NIN ignore Shinobi Ring outright.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-11-10 23:47:33
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Upbeat said:
@Kaioshin I've been lucky enough not to have any of them trying to tank for me, but that's mostly because anytime I'm doing anything in FFXI It's either low-man and I'm the only tank... or I'm soloing.

Since 85 I've found NIN/RDM with this set up is by far my new favorite thing to play with whenever I get the chance.

Just dropped around 600k buying tons of tool bags for every nuke lol
hey! i was wondering how much ninjitsu dmg can nin pull with that relative setup that you posted, it's good?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-10 23:49:36
Link | Citer | R

Poor Mithra, garrison gloves all they can get ?
[+]
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-11-11 00:36:11
Link | Citer | R

@Emanuelle Really just depends on what you're fighting, but for all that I've been doing lately(WoE conflux #2 and Abys Vunk VNMs) my nukes do way better then melee ever could.

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Sadly yes :( And it took me forever to find them offering 5x the AH price. I've been thinking about trying to augment some random gloves, however only having 1 tab makes that whole process a little hard lol.

Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-11 00:38:51
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Upbeat said:
@Kaioshin I've been lucky enough not to have any of them trying to tank for me, but that's mostly because anytime I'm doing anything in FFXI It's either low-man and I'm the only tank... or I'm soloing. Since 85 I've found NIN/RDM with this set up is by far my new favorite thing to play with whenever I get the chance. Just dropped around 600k buying tons of tool bags for every nuke lol

Are those the mag attack sekka +1's? My ninjutsu set utilizes Yoroitsune at the moment for the 10% dmg increase.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-11 00:39:44
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Upbeat said:
@Emanuelle Really just depends on what you're fighting, but for all that I've been doing lately(WoE conflux #2 and Abys Vunk VNMs) my nukes do way better then melee ever could.
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Sadly yes :( And it took me forever to find them offering 5x the AH price. I've been thinking about trying to augment some random gloves, however only having 1 tab makes that whole process a little hard lol.

What about Yasha hands?
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-11-11 00:45:51
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, they're the MaB/INT katanas.
I didn't even think about Yagentoshiro!.. That might be better then MaB/INT for offhand at least. I'll go pick one up later and play around with it.

Ninjutsu DMG +10% vs INT+8 MaB+9

Yasha hands don't give INT.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-11 05:19:09
Link | Citer | R

I have a feeling AF3 hands might be good ninjutsu hands for us. What about Koga Tekko for ninja tool expertise?
 Kujata.Thud
Serveur: Kujata
user: Thud
By Kujata.Thud 2010-11-11 06:40:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
I have a feeling AF3 hands might be good ninjutsu hands for us. What about Koga Tekko for ninja tool expertise?

Ninja tool expertise gives you a chance to save ninjitsu when you cast something, does not increase effectiveness to the best of my knowledge.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-11 06:42:43
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Thud said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:

Ninja tool expertise gives you a chance to save ninjitsu when you cast something, does not increase effectiveness to the best of my knowledge.

obviously it doesn't do anything for jutsu potency, but if the only other option is int+1 or like a 5% chance to save a jutsu tool/gil... ya i'd save the gil.. + at nighttime you get that 4% haste option so your recasts are lower...beats the hell out of 1 int on garrison gloves (or if you're hume int+3 on the RSE2 gloves)
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-11-11 07:24:24
Link | Citer | R

I hope either AF3 hands have something to boost Ninjutsu DMG or another pair of gloves that NIN can use does.

Koga would probably be the best in a situation where you get to spam the wheel non-stop, and have to wait for the recast to cool down. Probably not for you're just using one Futae nuke when the recast is ready. I just have never really been big in dynamis so I don't own a pair.

When I get to spam the wheel without having to pause for utsu or something I usually put Dusk gloves on myself. Without dusk I have around a 3~5 second window where I can't nuke after I do a full cycle(All Ni + Hyoton San and Raiton San) which drives me crazy lol.

Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-11-11 17:53:59
Link | Citer | R

Just did some testing with Yagentoshiro on Tiny Mandragora in West Saruta. Turns out wiki has the wrong +% posted for the weapon.

Hyoton: Ni with no gear did a constant 190 damage.
Hyoton: Ni with Sekka +1 gave +24 damage for a total of 214 damage.
Hyoton: Ni with Yagentoshiro gave +7.4%~7.5%(14) for a total of 204 damage.

With gear that would boost my Hyoton: Ni base damage to 200(+15 INT w/ 74 base INT).
Sekka +1 gave +25 damage for a total of 225 damage.
Yagentoshiro did 215 damage so once again +7.5%(15)

With gear that would boost my Hyoton: San base damage to 400(+31 INT w/ 74 base INT, and Koga Hatsuburi.)
Sekka +1 gave +43 damage for a total of 443 damage.
Yagentoshiro gave +7%(28) and did 428 damage

Now I'm not a math type of person by any means, and I very well could of done some stuff totally and 100% wrong in my testing. However this seems to me like each ninjutsu nuke would have to do in the 1k+ range to make using Yagentoshiro worth it.. Unless you're just too lazy to upgrade another Sekka +1, Then it's totally worth it!

I'm sure someone can probably make/create a formula in a couple of seconds that would shows the exact number Yagentoshiro does greater damage then Sekka +1... I'm just not that person lol.
 Asura.Darkultima
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Darkultima 2010-11-12 06:08:23
Link | Citer | R

Wouldnt be the ninjutsu torque better then ugg pendant?
Just asking, kind of know nothing about NIN really...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-12 06:40:23
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Upbeat said:
Just did some testing with Yagentoshiro on Tiny Mandragora in West Saruta. Turns out wiki has the wrong +% posted for the weapon.

Hyoton: Ni with no gear did a constant 190 damage.
Hyoton: Ni with Sekka +1 gave +24 damage for a total of 214 damage.
Hyoton: Ni with Yagentoshiro gave +7.4%~7.5%(14) for a total of 204 damage.

With gear that would boost my Hyoton: Ni base damage to 200(+15 INT w/ 74 base INT).
Sekka +1 gave +25 damage for a total of 225 damage.
Yagentoshiro did 215 damage so once again +7.5%(15)

With gear that would boost my Hyoton: San base damage to 400(+31 INT w/ 74 base INT, and Koga Hatsuburi.)
Sekka +1 gave +43 damage for a total of 443 damage.
Yagentoshiro gave +7%(28) and did 428 damage

Now I'm not a math type of person by any means, and I very well could of done some stuff totally and 100% wrong in my testing. However this seems to me like each ninjutsu nuke would have to do in the 1k+ range to make using Yagentoshiro worth it.. Unless you're just too lazy to upgrade another Sekka +1, Then it's totally worth it!

I'm sure someone can probably make/create a formula in a couple of seconds that would shows the exact number Yagentoshiro does greater damage then Sekka +1... I'm just not that person lol.
It'll actually pull away even more on harder stuff since dINT won't be nearly as high, and that's a fairly significant component given your low base damage.

Asura.Darkultima said:
Wouldnt be the ninjutsu torque better then ugg pendant?
Just asking, kind of know nothing about NIN really...
Uggy Pendant is better when active unless you need the macc fairly badly.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-12 16:43:17
Link | Citer | R

:D

FFFFUUUUU Crawler!
 Ramuh.Aramachus
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Aramachus
By Ramuh.Aramachus 2010-11-12 17:04:11
Link | Citer | R

@Zanno
congratulations! nice job
how many tries did it take you to get your seals from the crawler?
I didnt have much time to play recently and when I did some abyssea NM stuff it was mostly checking for athamas/gukumatz/kalahmari but at least on my server these are camped 24/7 by now, so I get there and not up or claimed by a party, the few times I got athamas and killed gave me one seal in total so far :/
how do you guys complete your af3+1 pieces at this claimrate + droprate? :S
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-12 17:20:50
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Aramachus said:
@Zanno
congratulations! nice job
how many tries did it take you to get your seals from the crawler?
I didnt have much time to play recently and when I did some abyssea NM stuff it was mostly checking for athamas/gukumatz/kalahmari but at least on my server these are camped 24/7 by now, so I get there and not up or claimed by a party, the few times I got athamas and killed gave me one seal in total so far :/
how do you guys complete your af3+1 pieces at this claimrate + droprate? :S

For the feet I spammed the watergrass quest, took forever.

For legs I spammed athamas and minax bugard, both soloble by nin/dnc. Bugard is slightly easier than spider imo.

From what I've read I've been lucky with crawler, I dont think I've killed him more than maybe 20 times or so.

Triggering the !! is really the key, I've gotten 2 iga seals from 1 kill with !! triggered. Easier to trigger on crawler imo, since I've been going RDM/NIN for that.
 Ramuh.Aramachus
By Ramuh.Aramachus 2010-11-15 08:53:04
Link | Citer | R

Ive fought the buggard four times so far, first was duo NIN RDM, second trio NIN RDM PLD, third was NIN RDM SMN and on forth we had another SMN, each fight (except the trio with PLD) I ate tyrant tusk with the additional effect of death multiple times (except on first try, needless to say that was the end of the fight) so I put the buggard off the list, its not really fun fighting something that can end the fight any second if it likes to :S
even with the smns it was rough, once I died on tyrant tusk I had to tank between pets gaining hate after being resummoned and he does miss a lot but I wouldnt count on him missing enough to say Im safe with my weakened 1min utsusemi timers and a few hundred hp plus next tyrant tusk will kill me regardless of if it has death or not just with damage.
Is there any tactic/something special to make sure the fight isnt so much depending on luck with tyrant tusk death effect?

I havent tried for head seals at all, before I fight anything on blm or smn solo I want the asa atma but still waiting to get some ppl together for the final fight.

for feet I planned on killing lord varney duo with my gf on RDM, he misses lots even without blind and in theory only threatening move is aerogaIV. So far there are still two problems on him, one is her enfeebles just dont stick he resists everything, guess she'd need either high end gear and/or +macc atma. since he is tankable with lots of eva even though he hastes himself and without any debuff on, he'd be a joke with rdm controlling the fight properly. Second is his aeroga IV doing about 1.2k to me makes her run out of mana way too early and he really likes that move. Might be able to counter that with a good mdb build/atma or a wind resist setup. Im working on it. and no one tell me the watergrass quest might be the lesser hassle in the end lol
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-15 09:49:53
Link | Citer | R

Are you using Shell4? Aeroga4 was pretty weak when I fought Varney the other day on THF. Main damage taken came from Decollation and from his damage after stunning me with Wings of Gehanna.

Sticking debuffs on him doesn't look easy but doesn't look -too- hard.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-15 15:59:14
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Aramachus said:
Ive fought the buggard four times so far, first was duo NIN RDM, second trio NIN RDM PLD, third was NIN RDM SMN and on forth we had another SMN, each fight (except the trio with PLD) I ate tyrant tusk with the additional effect of death multiple times (except on first try, needless to say that was the end of the fight) so I put the buggard off the list, its not really fun fighting something that can end the fight any second if it likes to :S
even with the smns it was rough, once I died on tyrant tusk I had to tank between pets gaining hate after being resummoned and he does miss a lot but I wouldnt count on him missing enough to say Im safe with my weakened 1min utsusemi timers and a few hundred hp plus next tyrant tusk will kill me regardless of if it has death or not just with damage.
Is there any tactic/something special to make sure the fight isnt so much depending on luck with tyrant tusk death effect?

I havent tried for head seals at all, before I fight anything on blm or smn solo I want the asa atma but still waiting to get some ppl together for the final fight.

for feet I planned on killing lord varney duo with my gf on RDM, he misses lots even without blind and in theory only threatening move is aerogaIV. So far there are still two problems on him, one is her enfeebles just dont stick he resists everything, guess she'd need either high end gear and/or +macc atma. since he is tankable with lots of eva even though he hastes himself and without any debuff on, he'd be a joke with rdm controlling the fight properly. Second is his aeroga IV doing about 1.2k to me makes her run out of mana way too early and he really likes that move. Might be able to counter that with a good mdb build/atma or a wind resist setup. Im working on it. and no one tell me the watergrass quest might be the lesser hassle in the end lol

I've only had death proc once on me from minaxbugard. I've solod him on nin/dnc probably like 20 times. You must have been very unlucky.

Just keep yurin on him and blind, para, slow. But yea, I have no idea about death proc. Maybe it has a higher chance of proccing if you feed a lot of tp by having lots of ppl on him?

Just fought Sobek, he death'ed me though lol. Damn unlucky too, my pop 1 stone drops, next pop 3 stones dropped and I lost lot on all 3 :(

1/6 stones for pants +2 D:
 Ramuh.Aramachus
By Ramuh.Aramachus 2010-11-16 07:17:08
Link | Citer | R

@Raenryong
Could actually be a point, decollation was stealing effects and with the whole abyssea cruor buff row and hasted varney attacking I might have missed it taking shell before aeroga... Id need to stack some mdb / -%mdt gear but macroing that in when he casts is probably the best way to deal with aeroga. For a resist gear setup I can hardly find wind resist pieces of equipment that have worthwhile numbers on them.
what atma(s) did you use btw?

@Zanno
Either I got very unlucky or you got very lucky hehe but looks like the tp feeding really is the key, with an avatar attacking and even more after hate reset on me when the bugard is attacking (and of course hitting) the avatar he gets way more tp than just a nin hitting him. Plus I didnt use the tp mitigation tools yet. Ill try again with that ^^

shouldnt the orobon be much easier when going for pant upgrade items? I havent bothered yet, as said I want asa atma first before trying blm solos/duos, but from what wiki says it should be managable with a good mage duo
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-16 07:31:59
Link | Citer | R

I havent tried oboron. When I did this my RDM was still 80 and retired as well. So soloing as nin/dnc was the choice I had.

Athamas isnt too bad to solo either though, ofc pop NM is better in the way you dont have to camp it really, plus you would want the key item from bugard anyway for the pop set for Sobek.

Yurin actually makes a huge difference when soloing imo, same as the subtle blow spell.

I decided to lv my RDM up to 85 and "AH gear" it when I realized I would never be able to solo the head seals as nin/dnc lol.

Edit: I dont think I ever ended up soloing/duoing varney, I triod him many times though with a rdm and smn. I was using Atma of the Sellsword at the time. SMN kept garuda on him and avatars favor (this was before I had eva katana's and such)
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-16 08:33:51
Link | Citer | R

I was using Razed Ruins + Vicissitudes because I didn't have a second DD atma at the time. I know Vicissitudes has MDB on it as well, but it's minor.
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2010-11-16 09:08:46
Link | Citer | R

For those of you who don't know how weaknesses work...
Eat wall of copy pasted text!
NMs have three different types of weakness. !! comes from a spell cast on the nm and silences the nm as well as making synth materials and af upgrade seals drop more. !! comes from using an elemental weapon skill and terrorizes the nm for 30 seconds as well as making key items like abyssite and atma drop 100%. !! comes from physical weapon skills and causes amnesia to the nm as well as increases rare drop rates on armor. I will explain the best way to find these weaknesses. Our goal will be to find them quickly so we can concentrate on killing the nm.

The spells used to trigger the yellow !! have been narrowed down to the following:

light holy banish2 banish3 bangaII flash brddrk Radiant Breath 1000 Needles dark bio2 aspir dispel drain kura:Ni brdlight Death Ray Eyes On Me fire fire3 fire4 firaga3 flare nin:ni brdice Heat Breath Firespit earth stone3 stone4 stonga3 quake nin:ni brdlightning Magnetite Cloud Seedspray water water3 water watga3 flood nin:ni brdfire Maelstrom Regurgitation wind aero3 aero4 aeroga3 tornado nin:ni brdearth Hecatomb Wave Mysterious Light ice bliz3 bliz4 blizga3 freeze nin:ni brd wind Frost Breath Ice Break lightning thu3 thun4 thunga3 burst nin:ni brdwater mind blast BlitzstrahlThe brd ones are threnodies. It can be narrowed down to three of those sets. It is determined by the day you claim the nm. The spell can be the element of the the current day, the day before or the day after. For instance, if we claim the nm on earthday, the weakness will be one of the fire, earth or water spells listed above.

The ws used to trigger the blue !! are one of the following and depend on what time of vanadiel day we claim:

PIERCING- 6:00-14:00
dagger: Shadowstitch(70), Dancing Edge(200), Shark Bite(225), Evisceration(230)
polearm: Skewer(200), Wheeling Thrust(225), Impulse Drive(240)
bow: Sidewinder(175), Blast Arrow(200), Arching Arrow(225), Empyreal Arrow(250)
xbow: Slug Shot(175), Blast Shot(200), Heavy Shot(225), Detonator(250)

SLASHING- 14:00-22:00
sword: Vorpal Blade(200), Swift Blade(225), Savage Blade(240)
g.sword: Spinning Slash(225), Ground Strike(250)
axe: Mistral Axe(225), Decimation(240)
g.axe: Full Break(225), Steel Cyclone(240)
scythe: Cross Reaper (225), Spiral Hell(240)
katana: Blade: Ten(225), Blade: Ku(250)
g.katana: Tachi: Gekko(225), Tachi: Kasha(250)

Blunt- 22:00-6:00
h2h: Raging Fists(125), Spinning Attack(150), Howling Fist(200), Dragon Kick(225), Asuran Fists(250)
club: Skullbreaker(150), True Strike(175), Judgement(200), Hexa Strike(220), Black Halo(230)
staff: Heavy Swing(5), Shell Crusher(175), Full Swing(200), Spirit Taker(215), Retribution(230)

The ws used to trigger red !! is always one of the following 13:

Club Seraph Strike
Dagger Cyclone, Energy Drain
Great Katana Tachi: Jinpu, Tachi: Koki
Great Sword Freezebite
Katana Blade: Ei
Polearm Raiden Thrust
Scythe Shadow of Death
Staff Sunburst, Earth Crusher
Sword Red Lotus Blade, Seraph Blade

Finally, the weakness can only be triggered when the nm is using regular attacks. If your spell or ws lands when the nm is casting or using a tp move, the weakness will not trigger and you must repeat that spell or ws. I hope you all will at least learn the basics of how this works. Finding the weaknesses quickly will improve our efficiency and drop pool greatly.

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2010-11-16 09:47:39
Link | Citer | R

Also, I'm glad to see some Ninjutsu nuking friendly Ninjas. I've been laughed at for years for wanting to make my setup, but Ninja has always been a side project so I've been slow on it. I'm pretty noobtacular when it comes to forum posting, so I can't do a box to show the gear I want for the nuking setup I'm working on, but it goes a little somethin like~~
Hochomasamune/Sekka+1 INT path
Koga Hatsuburi
Kirin's Osode
Spiral Ring
Aquilo's Ring
Moldavite Earring
Loquacious Earring
Warlock's Mantle
Ocean Rope
Marine M Gloves
Denali Kecks
Denali Gamashes
Ninjutsu Torque
Phantom Tathlum

And I'm not sure what other NINs think, but my idea has always been to get all 6 San spells and spam the hell out of San then Ni. Just seems like a silly idea to fully merit one spell, and another partially and get like... 1500ish damage total out of them, when you could get nearly 2.5~3k from the whole wheel. That's in Abyssea of course, but yeah, anyway...