Gimme your Raider's :(
NO. I WANT THEM!
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-18 04:14:29
Link | Citer | R

I wish i had those sekka+1 with the evasion. super hot i need to work on those.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-18 13:04:40
Link | Citer | R

Side effect from hunting Iga seals....

Only 3 iga seals so far. SE really hates us NIN's D:
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-18 13:15:23
Link | Citer | R

Have to say, I don't see much NIN. Mainly MNK from that spider.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-18 13:23:38
Link | Citer | R

I dont see much nin from anything tbh, and every quest for every nin seal suck donkey balls.

They better give us nin the better quests for the hands/body in the updates that'll come.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-18 13:25:48
Link | Citer | R

EXACTLY thats what ive been qqing about all along! Blazing eruca has never dropped my hat seal once. Im 1/4 on iga seal off athamas and 1/1 iga seal on nonno. Either nothing drops or we freakishly wipe to the bugard. 2/8 on my seals.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-18 13:37:27
Link | Citer | R

To be fair, NIN's is also among the most amazing AF3, so at least you know your time is well spent.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-18 13:39:48
Link | Citer | R

I saw a nin today during our run with +2 head, hands and feet together with lv 85 Kikoku

I hate him so much.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-18 14:07:55
Link | Citer | R

Capped skills are always a bonus, no matter what job or situation :D

Which atma gives the EVA bonus btw?
 Ramuh.Zidan
Serveur: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Zidan 2010-10-18 14:10:36
Link | Citer | R

I deleted my post because of that mistake i meant to put +40 agi and its from that dragon in abyssea mis, cant tell you the name right now cause i am not in the game atm.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-18 14:11:45
Link | Citer | R

I know nin/dnc can solo this nm but what about nin/rdm? I wonder, i'm lvling rdm sub anyways for sch i'll give it a try when its finished I suppose.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-18 14:11:52
Link | Citer | R

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Atma_of_Cloak_and_Dagger

that atma has evade+ major
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-18 14:15:40
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
I know nin/dnc can solo this nm but what about nin/rdm? I wonder, i'm lvling rdm sub anyways for sch i'll give it a try when its finished I suppose.

I would assume /RDM and /WHM would work, but tbh I believe it would be alot more work. /RDM you only have cure 3 and have to refresh (not rly) yourself, no erase for slow/addle. As whm you have haste but casting time for erase sucks compared to waltz.
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-10-20 04:03:01
Link | Citer | R

/rdm most likely wouldnt work because haste does not overwrite the slow effect so might not be able to keep shadows up.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-20 07:07:33
Link | Citer | R

Even if haste did overwrite slow, we don't have haste as /RDM yet.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2010-10-20 08:02:48
Link | Citer | R

True that XD
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-10-25 07:51:00
Link | Citer | R

Man, how are you guys soloing this? I've tried numerous times with no luck. I'm going as a 85nin/dnc. Not getting resisted on slow or para but if it wears, I'm usually screwed. He almost never misses me. I'm sitting at 333 evasion skill with 69 evasion worth of gear. Here is my set for night:

Here is what I'm using for Ninjutsu:

My katanas are the +tp and +dex/acc katanas. I'm working on Eva katanas to see if it helps. I'm not having much luck getting nin evasion skill capped.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2010-10-25 08:08:44
Link | Citer | R

keeping kurayami and yonin up? Evasion sekkas can make a big difference, also is that 333 evasion before or after adding gear bonus?

As said earlyer Yurin and Myoshu are really good for this fight because it keeps him useing web + -ga which is where he might be able to catch up to you... i had one round with him where he only used it 6 or 7 times.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-10-25 08:13:35
Link | Citer | R

ya, I'm keeping them up. That's 333 with gear on. Are you guys 246 without gear or with gear?
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2010-10-25 09:18:14
Link | Citer | R

ummm... naked my evasion is caped off at 332 (with 4/4 merits so thats got +8) and a base agl of 81. My evasion set looks something like this,

Ffxiah pegs it as +43 eva, +17 eva skill (the earrings are no in use for obvious reasons so ive subtracted them) and +26 agl, the sekkas combined add another +36 eva and +16 agl and dont know if its counting the +10 at night from stone. Another +10 comes from /dnc's evasion bonus, +5-30 (idk if that's fact its just what I guess it is based off how wiki has the acc decreace.), lastly it doesnt really count as evasion but wiki puts kurayami at -30 acc and can also stack on what ever blade: kamu does which is what i would suggest till you cap your evasion...

Im to lazzy to add those numbers up but if your sitting at 333 with all your gear id deffinetly suggest getting your evasion caped, fastest way would be to kidnap a mage friend and blood tank some weaker abyssea mobs, slower way would be just solo abyssea mobs for a while and it will go up slowly.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-25 10:24:32
Link | Citer | R

In full EVA gear I got 349 skill and 83 from gear

Sekka both got EVA +16 AGI+6

My AGI (outside of abyssea) is 74+33, Parrying 264 and ninjutsu skill 311 (not capped)

Edit: And EVA bonus from /DNC too ofc
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-10-25 10:32:18
Link | Citer | R

nice job Z.

I dunno if it's harder, I know as a PT it seems like Gukamatz is harder I saw a NIN/DNC solo that guy on my server.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-25 10:36:53
Link | Citer | R

When we have done him in pt we usually got THF, MNK, WHM (or RDM), and sometimes a BLM.

The first few times we fought him though, we threw everything we had on him, lot's of melee ppl including blu, sam, nin, mnk and 2 blm. That fight was horrible.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-10-25 10:38:04
Link | Citer | R

I can 2box my whm for evasion skillups. What mob do you suggest? I'm going to try the whm outside pt thing later and see how that goes. Whm 2box in party is a pain to do because of draw in.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-25 10:40:56
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Antonioklaus said:
I can 2box my whm for evasion skillups. What mob do you suggest? I'm going to try the whm outside pt thing later and see how that goes. Whm 2box in party is a pain to do because of draw in.

Probably mandys, since they hit fast but not very hard.
 Alexander.Gib
Serveur: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2010-10-25 10:42:55
Link | Citer | R

I solo'ed this thing as DNC alot of died ALOT but by god I did it. It's not hard really, just Sickleslah on a taru... if you don't have Full Health you're dead basically.

was in my full EVA Getup, and he would miss a good chunk of the time. Add a RDM in with DNC and this fight would be a joke easy

got a MNK and NIN from mine
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2010-10-25 11:09:32
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Leviathan.Antonioklaus said:
Probably mandys, since they hit fast but not very hard.

Personally I capped (or got close to) on the spiders where the NM pops just so i could do it in between pops... don't know if this would still work out because since the creation of this thread there are now 2-4 ninjas camping him solo most of the times ive been out there on my server lol
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-25 11:24:19
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
nice job Z.

I dunno if it's harder, I know as a PT it seems like Gukamatz is harder I saw a NIN/DNC solo that guy on my server.

Guku is considerably harder. Much higher DA rate, worse TP moves overall (though Sickle Slash in raw power > any of Guku's), obnoxious gaze attacks if you get caught at a bad time, etc.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-10-25 11:28:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
nice job Z.

Guku is considerably harder. Much higher DA rate, worse TP moves overall (though Sickle Slash in raw power > any of Guku's), obnoxious gaze attacks if you get caught at a bad time, etc.

yea i was pretty impressed watching the guy solo it based on my many experiences facing him as a party. but in comparison to athamas i wasnt sure because i know party vs solo can be completely different experiences with tp feed etc. the guy who killed guku was cool as hell too he invited my friends after he killed to the PT to cast lots on the drops