Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » WS gear
WS gear
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-10-05 09:49:53
Link | Citer | R

my current ws gear is kinda lulzy at the moment but im having a difficult time figuring out what to get to make it better, im currently working on getting ample gloves and loki's kaftan has been kinda screwed for me so yeah. thought's on what i should get?

edit: the fusetto is on main hand and it's the ws one
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-05 10:13:43
Link | Citer | R

I might be just me but there is a horrible lack of STR or dex in that build. You might be ok accuracy wise if you put more in, considering you should be eatting pizza anyways.
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-05 10:21:23
Link | Citer | R

I'd suggest getting a Breeze Gorget (for DE and SB) and a Soil, Light or Shadow Gorget for Evisceration (if I recall right Soil works for DE also).
Tarasque mitts hurt your DE so I'd replace them with Enkidu hands. You could also use Aurore Doublet instead of DNC AF2 Body for some extra DEX (the 2%DA during WS is a minimal bonus).
If you still do Dynamis Etoile cape could come in handy should you need some extra ACC.
With enough Acc I'd swap Virtuoso to a Warwolf.
Airy ring instead of Thunder ring (it'll be great for DE).
Any earring with DEX, ACC or ATK in place of Suppa (there are many options, from R/E to AH: Pixie, Hollow, minuet.. there's also a new earring with 2str 2vit 4 acc but can't seem to remember the name).
That's all I can think of right now.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-05 10:23:34
Link | Citer | R

Kemas earring! That's how it's called lol
lvl 82 STR 2 VIT 2 Acc 4
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-10-05 10:33:56
Link | Citer | R

While an Airy Ring would be better for DE, you can make some money and get a slight upgrade by doing this quest which will take you 5-10 minutes maybe if you have sufficient fame - nets an augmented Jupiter's Ring for the first run, with a chance of one on subsequent runs.

Suppa isn't doing jack or ***for you on WS. Lots of options, as mentioned, to use instead of it. "Free" options would perhaps be Hollow, Diabolos's, or Aesir Ear Pendant.

I'd agree with swapping hands for something else too. Enkidu are nice, but probably not many people doing ZNMs anymore.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-10-05 10:34:01
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:
I'd suggest getting a Breeze Gorget (for DE and SB) and a Soil, Light or Shadow Gorget for Evisceration (if I recall right Soil works for DE also).
Tarasque mitts hurt your DE so I'd replace them with Enkidu hands. You could also use Aurore Doublet instead of DNC AF2 Body for some extra DEX (the 2%DA during WS is a minimal bonus).
If you still do Dynamis Etoile cape could come in handy should you need some extra ACC.
With enough Acc I'd swap Virtuoso to a Warwolf.
Airy ring instead of Thunder ring (it'll be great for DE).
Any earring with DEX, ACC or ATK in place of Suppa (there are many options, from R/E to AH: Pixie, Hollow, minuet.. there's also a new earring with 2str 2vit 4 acc but can't seem to remember the name).
That's all I can think of right now.
i forgot to mention this set was for EV, my DE set has alot more chr in it, and it doesnt bug me as much as my EV set

i was holding off for a while on the airy since they are still hovering at 800k (semi new item still)

would 4 str make up for the 12 attack loss for swapping to aurore (they both have 4 dex)? and what about ebur vest?

the earring you are thinking of is kemas' earring, and i thought about it but wasnt sure if i was gonna be satisfied with it, i do have merman's i can use.

as for the hands would enkidu be better than ample?

and this is kinda lulzy i know, but with me /war and riding saber dance i generate alot of hate, so i thought about putting novia in place of suppa
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-05 10:37:54
Link | Citer | R

DNC has ***for WS gear, but if you have Atma (VV, Strongarm, etc) stacking mods is more important than STR/Attack.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-10-05 10:38:59
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
DNC has ***for WS gear, but if you have Atma (VV, Strongarm, etc) stacking mods is more important than STR/Attack.
yeah i have both stoutarm and VV
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-05 10:40:14
Link | Citer | R

Go for DEX on Evis, and DEX/CHR for DE, the gear choices out there are pretty limited though. FFXIAH's search function is decent. Just type in DEX, set a level restriction, job restriction and slot restriction if you're getting too many options. I know there's a DEX/CHR+5 hand somewhere that drops off iirc the spider in vunkerl.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-10-05 10:41:22
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Go for DEX on Evis, and DEX/CHR for DE, the gear choices out there are pretty limited though. FFXIAH's search function is decent. Just type in DEX, set a level restriction, job restriction and slot restriction if you're getting too many options. I know there's a DEX/CHR+5 hand somewhere that drops off iirc the spider in vunkerl.
yeah those are ample gloves i was trying to get.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-10-05 10:42:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Isiolia said:
While an Airy Ring would be better for DE, you can make some money and get a slight upgrade by doing this quest which will take you 5-10 minutes maybe if you have sufficient fame - nets an augmented Jupiter's Ring for the first run, with a chance of one on subsequent runs.

Suppa isn't doing jack or ***for you on WS. Lots of options, as mentioned, to use instead of it. "Free" options would perhaps be Hollow, Diabolos's, or Aesir Ear Pendant.

I'd agree with swapping hands for something else too. Enkidu are nice, but probably not many people doing ZNMs anymore.
would you say for the time being that dnc af1 hands are better than the mitts?
 Cerberus.Avivah
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Avivah
By Cerberus.Avivah 2010-10-05 10:47:01
Link | Citer | R

I just came back to the game last month after taking a year off so I don't have a lot of the new cool stuff, but here is my current WS set

Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-10-05 11:01:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Ehhh, doubt it. +1s, sure, but NQ are kinda meh. Merman's perhaps, for an AH option - 3 DEX 1 STR.

Main problem, as mentioned, with the mitts is that you have -6 CHR on 'em, and CHR is a secondary mod for DE. I'd even say to use Aurore over 'em, since STR is going to help as well, just not to the degree that it would on a WS with a STR mod in addition to regular fSTR.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-10-05 11:03:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Isiolia said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Ehhh, doubt it. +1s, sure, but NQ are kinda meh. Merman's perhaps, for an AH option - 3 DEX 1 STR.

Main problem, as mentioned, with the mitts is that you have -6 CHR on 'em, and CHR is a secondary mod for DE. I'd even say to use Aurore over 'em, since STR is going to help as well, just not to the degree that it would on a WS with a STR mod in addition to regular fSTR.
my DE set has a chr belt and some other things and i use af1 hands for it, the mitts are strictly for EV
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-05 11:08:50
Link | Citer | R

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/181386

Just made this up

I won't put my hands on a fire and say ebur vest is the best choice, but I like it.
I'd say try get an airy ring with your Ls rather than buying it, but do get one as it is quite amazing for DNC.
Minuet earring is a cheap and fairly good earring if you have a BRD also
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-05 11:08:55
Link | Citer | R

You know, Yuna, I just got to thinking (for THF), that with Atma giving insane amounts of STR buffs, that unstacked DE i might need to make a CHR/acc Build instead of STR/DEX/CHR Build =.=a>

THANKS A LOT YUNA!

oh wait, i have BST 85, i have a CHR build already.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Secondly, I don't know much about DNC But if its anything like that there THF i'd focus more highly on STR/DEX/Acc for Evisceration rather than just acc/atk, on most mobs you shouldn't have too much problems with acc if you're eating pizza, so focusing on Mods first then Filling in slots you need with acc (to cap hit rate) is best, yes?

I'd say in order DEX > ACC > Attack > STR for Evisceration if you have those Atmas on, if not DEX > STR > ACC > ATK.

*(unstacked = no SA no TA)

Edit: @ Guy above me. Lol @ the body, i just told her about that =P i'll be synergizing it for her o-o
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-05 11:12:11
Link | Citer | R

Edit @ Karbuncle. XD
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-10-05 11:34:47
Link | Citer | R

Yay or Nay?

Head is WSACC+15/WSDMG+ Augment
Body is Acc+10/Attack+10
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-05 11:46:16
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Yay or Nay?

Head is WSACC+15/WSDMG+ Augment
Body is Acc+10/Attack+10

One nitpick is DNC doesn't augment a WS head. So Hachimaki is pretty much what you need to use. Hands should be the chr/dex one, body Etoile Casaque nq/+1 is better since that body is a waste of an augment. Love Torque might be better than WS gorget, but I'm not a mather.

Also if this is for evis, should be using charis feather.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-05 12:02:41
Link | Citer | R

Love torque could (idk rly) prove better than a gorget for Evis but it's harder to obtain, whereas the gorgets can pretty much be soloed nowadays.
Zilant ring would be great but would require quite some work and luck.
Overall, for an Evisceration build this could possibly be the easiest way to improve
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-05 18:14:22
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:
Love Torque will generally be better for DE and possibly Evisceration as well (partially dependent on dDEX).
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-05 18:20:17
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Love Torque will generally be better for DE and possibly Evisceration as well (partially dependent on dDEX).

I wanted to ask you about that. Obviously the gorgets are valuable for single hits still, but marginally so on multihits. What kind of + strength or mod would you need to beat the FTP bonus?
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-05 18:37:18
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

The reason I was suggesting gorgets was because they're far easier to obtain, as I later said on another reply.
However I lack the knowlege as to how much better love torque is compared to a designated ws gorget.
Could you explain me please?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-05 18:45:59
Link | Citer | R

Oop, my bad I thought I saw a Love Torque.

A gorget adds 0.1 fTP to a WS, which only applies on the first hit. Both are six-hit weaponskills before DA procs (5 + offhand). DE has an fTP of 1.1875. 6.2875/6.1875=1.616% increase.

5 DEX is ~1.5 WSC (so 0-2 depending on alpha). In the likely case that it's 1 WSC, you're looking at a ~1% increase in base damage. 7 attack is at least a 1% increase as long as your base attack is less than ~700 (depends on level correction as well) until capped pDIF, so pretty much always for DNC. So you're looking at a ~2-3.5% increase in damage from Love Torque as long as you're getting WSC from the DEX (depends on your build). Evisceration doesn't have a CHR mod, WSC will be lower (adding more is more significant), and the DEX might contribute to crit rate. It also has a lower fTP (1.0), but even at a 1.667% increase Love Torque is easily favored.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-05 18:56:14
Link | Citer | R

O yea, Love torque was mentioned so np, and tyvm for the clarification :D
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-10-07 21:50:54
Link | Citer | R

pulling what was said i've made a ws set that i am likely to be able to get, and this is primarily for dancing edge.

the vest has:
Vs. family (beasts) attack 7
Vs. Family (beasts) accuracy 7

i chose beast cause i think those are the most common mobs fought lately.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-07 22:14:25
Link | Citer | R

Nice :D
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-07 22:16:10
Link | Citer | R

Idk about that shifting necklace though, the point Love torque won over a Gorget was not the 5DEX alone. I think you'd be better off with a gorget instead of shifting neck at this point
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-10-07 22:30:13
Link | Citer | R

i have a soil but i wasnt very impressed with what it does with dancing edge
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-07 22:46:40
Link | Citer | R

I'm no math geek but I feared your build could suffer from low accuracy. That's the only reason I was suggesting a gorget.
But since you aready have one you'll simply have to adjust whenever you happen to notice missing some hits on your TP return :)
First Page 2 3