Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » WS gear
WS gear
 Bismarck.Dreakon
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Dreakon
By Bismarck.Dreakon 2010-12-17 07:58:37
Link | Citer | R

It's better, but not by a whole lot. My only recomendation is to drop some of the ACC gear. You are way above the cap. Change belt to warwolf and back to forager's would probably be the easiest and cheapest upgrades.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-17 09:54:16
Link | Citer | R

I use this right now:

The belt is 0.1 fTP just like the gorget. Apart from AF3+2 hands, Loki's Kaftan, and the Bonnet can anyone see upgrades for me?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-09 12:29:06
Link | Citer | R

for rudra im looking at this:

dnc/war
kila is a fire kila
moonshade has attack/tp bonus

i currently dont have aias bonnet or moonshade yet, i use a deceit mask in place of aias for the time being. is there anything i need to change?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-09 13:58:42
Link | Citer | R

Atheling mantle, Elemental belt/gorget of your choice, Epona's (probably instead of Rajas), Brutal instead of Aesir.

Edit: Obviously you have to consider your buffs. The changes I suggested are for inside Abyssea. Stacking with Striking flourish devalues TA/DA a bit, but you can still DA/TA on the offhand.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-09 14:19:41
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Atheling mantle, Elemental belt/gorget of your choice, Epona's (probably instead of Rajas), Brutal instead of Aesir.

Edit: Obviously you have to consider your buffs. The changes I suggested are for inside Abyssea. Stacking with Striking flourish devalues TA/DA a bit, but you can still DA/TA on the offhand.

Rudra's is pointless without striking flourish anyways.

Is the striking flourish crit bonus applied only While the +2 body is on? Or can you use Striking flourish, then swap to Loki's for WS?

Also, I'd think the +4 dex earring would be best, however they seem to be rare on AH and 3mil+
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-09 14:21:42
Link | Citer | R

i tried using my shadow belt with it instead of cuchulain's but i was seeing smaller numbers. as for atheling mantle, i havent parsed out the dmg differences with it so idk. as for dropping raja's is the 3% DA/TA on the offhand strike really worth the drop of 5 str/dex?
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-09 14:23:46
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:

Rudra's is pointless without striking flourish anyways.

Is the striking flourish crit bonus applied only While the +2 body is on? Or can you use Striking flourish, then swap to Loki's for WS?

Also, I'd think the +4 dex earring would be best, however they seem to be rare on AH and 3mil+
have to wear the body for the affect to work. i considered the earring but only NQ earrings have made it to AH and even then has made like 1 appearance, i think the major person doing those synths have been far more interested in doing the rings lately.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-09 14:50:45
Link | Citer | R

Well, I after suggesting that I remembered the last time I worked the numbers out I was assuming 30% DEX and a different fTP. I pulled out my math spreadsheet and it ends up pretty much agreeing with you. Your gorget is going to outperform Agasaya though. Rajas' STR doesn't impact fSTR in Abyssea so the only real reason to use it over Thundersoul would be for 2-3 attack and 5 STP.

I get this being a good, and possibly the best, setup:
Rudra's/STR Kila+2/____/Charis
Aias/Aqua gorget/Moonshade/Jupiter's
AF3+2/AF3+2/Thundersoul/Thundersoul
Nifty/Cuchu/Tumbler's/AF3+2

Nifty is always better than Cavaros, but Atheling is better than Nifty until you're <~10-20 Attack from the attack cap. The above gearset assumes high attack.

It should be noted that (assuming a 60% crit rate for Striking Flourish), SF->Rudra's barely outperforms a 100TP Evisceration. Even with a Daka+1 or Twashtar, you'll do better damage with Evisceration on average.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-09 16:56:43
Link | Citer | R

i've been meaning to get with you about that, i think there "may" be a possibility that rudra is either a wind affinity ws or slashing dmg ws. i say that not because of the colored node next to the ws in the ws list, but becauseo n certain mobs rudra is doing incredibly high dmg and on others it's doing expected or lower than expected dmg. for example on jnun's while i was doing trials i noticed that my evis/DE dmg never broke over 2k dmg but my rudra was doing over 3k-3.5k (at 100% tp).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-09 18:28:13
Link | Citer | R

It's not an elemental weaponskill. It may be Slashing, but I have noticed much higher damage on piercing weak monsters than anything else. I tried to test it in Apollyon SE but someone was actually in there soloing coins.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-09 18:56:32
Link | Citer | R

i know it causes ruby but i was figuring there was a possibility that it has a wind affinity. idk to be honest, you are probably the most reliable person to test this. it just seems odd thats all.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-09 22:52:07
Link | Citer | R

Well, it's easy to test it. I need to go to the second level of Apollyon SE and Rudra's Storm something. If it does damage, then it's not Slashing.

I can do it tomorrow. Rani and farming stuff took up my night after my brief break where I tried to do Limbus.
 Remora.Laphine
Serveur: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2011-02-09 23:22:20
Link | Citer | R

shouldn't elemental gorget and belt beat dex stuff inside abyssea? I've only did some simple maths to try to prove it, and it seemed to show that way. Since our dex is already super high, diminishing returns will hurt wsc more than it will hurt ftp.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-09 23:32:48
Link | Citer | R

DEX is high, but so is your multihit rate given AoA and Saber Dance. Pretty sure Love Torque is better for Evis, not sure about Rudra's.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-09 23:36:28
Link | Citer | R

Also the base effective ftp is pretty high as well which has always been gorget/belts downfall. They were just usually still used because often acc still matter so getting both was nice. Plus both those listed dex peices contain decent amounts of att which alone might beat the gorgets/belts in uncapped Cratio situations (read most for thf)
 Bismarck.Cuelebra
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cuelebra 2011-02-10 07:08:44
Link | Citer | R

this is currently my WS setup for evis, i usually eat yellow curry bun also too... whenever im DNC in abyssea. any recommendations for improvement? obviously eponas and aias bonnet.

a bit confused on hands, leg, waist slot....

hands: charis vs ample?
legs: matre vs tumble?
waist: shadow vs warwolf?
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2011-02-10 09:48:00
Link | Citer | R

i'd say ample is just a side grade to charis+1, when you get +2 you won't even have any doubts.

Matre vs tumbler decision comes from the necessity of attack. So you could go with matre on weak stuff and tumbler on harder. This is a reasonable way to thinking it thru. Realistically, chances are tumbler will beat matre most times unless you go /war and full time stelwarts.

From numbers i ran before, Warwolf and shadow belt have pretty much the same performance too. Didn't account multi hits then, so yeah, warwolf has more potential.

And now this bring me back to rudras. I never accounted multi hits, silly me. And with A/O and AoA there is a multi hit craze going on.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-11 20:03:57
Link | Citer | R

Confirmed Rudra's is piercing damage (did damage on Floor 2 of Apollyon SE). Overall, I've been pretty impressed with Rudra's outside of Abyssea since upgrading my gearset in light of 60% DEX mod. It may have a more general use yet!
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2011-02-12 15:48:03
Link | Citer | R

I kinda found a general use lol. Solo rudras = no ruby^^

I've been farming some tiger king hides solo and rudras does pretty well on mandies. Sure pierce weak helps a lot too, but RR/AO/AoA combo favors Rudras more than Evis since it can't 2x triple. My average Rudras was 2.5k while my evis sat on 3.5k. Had a 70/30 dot/ws split too lol.

Pretty good to my taste as ODD certainly more than makes up for the difference.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-13 10:19:55
Link | Citer | R

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but Rudra's definitely makes Ruby.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-13 10:25:48
Link | Citer | R

Not if it doesn't kill the mob, which is more likely to occur with Rudra's than with Evis. Whether it's generally worth worrying about is debatable though.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2011-02-13 10:49:00
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Not if it doesn't kill the mob, which is more likely to occur with Rudra's than with Evis. Whether it's generally worth worrying about is debatable though.

exactly lol. Lower chance on ruby due lower damage. Although solo rudras as able to spike as high as evis for me (5k).

Those with great ws have better ways to avoid ruby too i guess. Some might know this by now: just grab a bunch of mobs at the same time and simply go by oneshotting the ones that you are not engaged with. Actually oneshotting is not even necessary, any mob that goes from yellow name to dead gives no light.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-13 16:53:23
Link | Citer | R

What you're describing could probably be done more efficiently with Aeolian Edge, but to each his own.