How Good Is Multihit Khanda For Atonement Spam?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » How good is multihit Khanda for atonement spam?
How good is multihit Khanda for atonement spam?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-27 11:47:33
Link | Citer | R

Lose 2 haste? Difference in accuracy with haub+1/turban/homam is 1 accuracy iirc.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 11:47:44
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Or you could use grim cuirass :)
D; OH yeah, yeah--that's totally not out of my league.
I honestly have no idea what you can get. But it doesn't look that hard to get if you do abyssea to get the most the synth items. Not much harder than say cerb mantle. Also since homam gives more acc you could take an acc ring off for blizt if you overcapped
 Fenrir.Luarania
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-27 11:49:31
Link | Citer | R

Thats fine. I've been doing the VIT path of the magian sword and seen a lot of Paladins using both to great effect. As of now both are good gear sets with their own advantages and disadvantages. Personaly I'd probably keep both on hand, Perle does win out for DD situations if I reall but if you are doing endgame tanking I feel Homam/Turban takes the cake (not a lie.)

As for Atonement, if you can get the blade pair it up with the Magain WS weapon and go down the sTP path, takes 1400 WSs to complete, can bust it out easily if you are past.. 70ish? I don't recall numbers on hand but know it's up there.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 11:49:55
Link | Citer | R

If you don't have atonement... on hard stuff you probably doing about as much harm as good tping like that
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-27 11:49:57
Link | Citer | R

Only problem with the Grim Cuirass is the "1 Kulkulkan's Skin" from what I can tell.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-27 11:51:48
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I honestly have no idea what you can get. But it doesn't look that hard to get if you do abyssea to get the most the synth items. Not much harder than say cerb mantle. Also since homam gives more acc you could take an acc ring off for blizt if you overcapped
Ah, well.... For one thing, I don't have the expansion yet--Don't plan on getting it, actually, until all 3 are out and I can get all 3 for $20 or cheaper if they have a good deal on a future Vana'diel Collection :3

But I actually figured Grim Cuirass was one of those really hard to obtain pieces by looking at the stats on the shiny thing. :o Which, is sort of true as you have to have 3 synergists and a hard-to-obtain item from an Abyssea NM....
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-27 11:54:40
Link | Citer | R

Perle you can buy on AH, it's dirt cheap now. Like 100k for the full set probably.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 11:54:45
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ah, well.... For one thing, I don't have the expansion yet--Don't plan on getting it, actually, until all 3 are out and I can get all 3 for $20 or cheaper if they have a good deal on a future Vana'diel Collection :3

But I actually figured Grim Cuirass was one of those really hard to obtain pieces by looking at the stats on the shiny thing. :o Which, is sort of true as you have to have 3 synergists and a hard-to-obtain item from an Abyssea NM....
Semi hard to get depending on the group. But most of the NMs there aren't that hard till you get to the final tier. Just some people make them harder than they have to be.

Also only need 1 synergist. If I had done smithing for my main instead of goldsmithing I could make it solo I think
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-27 11:55:19
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
This is my current (partially wishlist) PLD TP set--I'm lacking Chiv Chain, Assault Earring, Cerb Mantle, and the Perle Brayettes, but altogether Haste+19%.... I'm at Haste+14% with my current set without the Perle pants, though. I guess I might as well just do away Dusk set and put away my Walahra Turban? I JUST got Sea access, though, and am that much closer to getting Homam. Sadly not such a huge deal anymore since I'm closer to getting 78 and Perle set....
Ramuh.Dasva said:
You are at 16% haste. I'm assuming you went off the haste the gearset said, it actually counts the 5% instead of the 2's.

Perle is up to you, you'll lose 2 haste and the move speed - off the top of my head. 2 accuracy also from hauby. If you want can use it as a temp until you get Homam pieces.

I'd skip Girm and use Versa if you are doing PDT, not only enmity, but doesn't have the nasty +6 MDT...

Again, lose 2 haste?
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-27 11:59:04
Link | Citer | R

Ok, you are right actually. I forgot just full Perle alone is 14%, toss in Swift she's actually gaining 2%. Totally my bad, thanks for calling me out on that.

Going off that Anye, Perle is an even better upgrade for you. Sorry to have got my information wrong =(
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 12:00:01
Link | Citer | R

Kukulkan seems annoying but good kiting areas around there and the worse move is gaze I think. Additional poison is bad but ya know just dont get hit. And has plenty of other valuable drops. Then it's just the cerb leather scin ingot and durium stuff. A little spending for now but not doable.

And omg look at the att/str on it. Hit for 0 no longer! Even with khanda. Just remember to switch out when you see mobs ready tp moves or spells
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-27 12:04:23
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Ok, you are right actually. I forgot just full Perle alone is 14%, toss in Swift she's actually gaining 2%. Totally my bad, thanks for calling me out on that.

Going off that Anye Perle is an even better upgrade for you. Sorry to have got my information wrong =(
\o/ no worries, Luar, and thanks Drac for clearing that up^^
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-27 12:04:38
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
This is my current (partially wishlist) PLD TP set--I'm lacking Chiv Chain, Assault Earring, Cerb Mantle, and the Perle Brayettes, but altogether Haste+19%.... I'm at Haste+14% with my current set without the Perle pants, though. I guess I might as well just do away Dusk set and put away my Walahra Turban? I JUST got Sea access, though, and am that much closer to getting Homam. Sadly not such a huge deal anymore since I'm closer to getting 78 and Perle set....
Ramuh.Dasva said:
You are at 16% haste. I'm assuming you went off the haste the gearset said, it actually counts the 5% instead of the 2's.

Perle is up to you, you'll lose 2 haste and the move speed - off the top of my head. 2 accuracy also from hauby. If you want can use it as a temp until you get Homam pieces.

I'd skip Girm and use Versa if you are doing PDT, not only enmity, but doesn't have the nasty +6 MDT...

Again, lose 2 haste?

Haste is moot when you're accuracy is low, which happens a lot on PLD. Homam/Haub is generally the way to go unless you're in those rare circumstances your hit rate is capped, then full Perle. Full Perle would actually give her more haste than her current TP set. Still viable if you're missing Homam though.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-27 12:06:54
Link | Citer | R

Haub+1/turban/Homamx3 is like 1 more accuracy than Perle though.
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-27 12:08:58
Link | Citer | R

As people have said, for a PLD without homam hands and legs and feet and HQ hauby then Perle is by far the best.

And will probably see you through until the next update where there will be new gear etc (which will probably be better than Homam in all situations).
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-27 12:16:29
Link | Citer | R

Yeah Perle and 3 homam with hauby is pretty much the same accuracy. If you need more then you also need food and if you are still hurting use Homam body. If you still can't hit then you'll have to be giving up some of your other gear for more accuracy, like swift for virtuso belt.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-27 12:22:07
Link | Citer | R

Sosososo, just to clear things up:

CurrentHomamPerle
Itemset
Haste16%18%18%
STR121229
Attack332939
Accuracy444742
DEX10514
Accuracy (incl. DEX)494949

:D
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-27 12:24:34
Link | Citer | R

You need to add DEX values to the total accuracy.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-27 12:25:57
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
You need to add DEX values to the total accuracy.
Tsk. Picky picky....

Uh, how do I do that >_> I'm a PLD, and not well-informed in the ways of the DD. :3 I'm guessing one-handed weapon, so 2 DEX = 1 Accuracy?
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-27 12:26:54
Link | Citer | R

lolDEX?

That lolDEX gives you 5 more acc for current, 2 more acc for the Homam set and 7 more for the perle set.

So total accuracy is:

Current: 49
Homam: 49
Perle: 49

See what SE did there?

(you may get more than they above amounts of acc depending on your current DEX).
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-27 12:28:23
Link | Citer | R

Also with HQ Haub Homam set pulls ahead by 3 accuracy, which is more important the lower you hit rate is, since even with Perle's extra attack, you still won't be able to eyeball less 0s than with Homam.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-27 12:29:59
Link | Citer | R

okokok Fixed D; I didn't consider DEX = Accuracy, only DEX = crits! Sheesh, you DDs :3
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-27 12:32:19
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Sosososo, just to clear things up:
CurrentHomamPerle
Itemset
Haste16%18%18%
STR121229
Attack332939
Accuracy444742
DEX10514
Accuracy (incl. DEX)494949
:D
first off, holy ***tables! @.@

back on topic, as you can see *takes pointy stick and lays it inbetween Perle and Homam* They are pretty roughly the same, the main difference once again if you want to name one is that Homam is more of a tanking type and Perle is more of a DD type. It also works even better with Atonement!!! Though for you Swift Blade should suffice, my opinion, get Perle and us that until Atonement / Homam.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 12:36:39
Link | Citer | R

I'd almost think if you got a good build for it you'd do more with Sanguine blade then swift blade on harder mobs. Especially with weak dmg weapons
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-27 12:38:06
Link | Citer | R

Ohshitwait--Swift Blade, not Vorpal? I've been using Vorpal for ~300dmg, give or take. :o

Why Swift? And I'm going to take a peek at this Sanguine Blade....

-edit-
Fenrir.Luarania said:
first off, holy ***tables! @.@
I'm notoriously and slightly OCD.

And OHHH SANGUINE BLADE, yeah... uh... it doesn't look too shiny. Is it? >_> I mean HP Drain--awesome. INT/MND modifiers?? notawesome :(?
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-07-27 12:41:36
Link | Citer | R

Vorpal is better for lower mobs, like when soloing, when you don't need the acc as much and your dex is likely to be much higher than enemy's agi for crit hits.
(Swift Blade has acc modifier, Vorpal has crit modifier)
But ya, Anye you should try and get the full perle set.
And Atonement. :(
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-27 12:43:08
Link | Citer | R

Eh maybe, If you build it right could maybe do 400+ San blades and get 125ish back, but I have always seen more damage from my Swifts on average against any other WS, bar Atonement on hard targets and Savage at 300%. Ranging from TWs to ITs it's my perfered WS of choice. Maybe I'm just a little biased on it >.>;

Just noticed your mention of low damage weapons, I'd agree with that. Could probably average out a Seraph Blade against Vorpal when using the 2-3 sword, then again that 2-3 times could proc on it, no idea how much damage it would tack on but I'd lean towards not much to make a huge difference.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-27 12:45:27
Link | Citer | R

Ehehe, yeah, I've always heard arguments for/against Vorpal vs. Swift back in the days before Atonement.

GAWD I NEED THAT WS T_T

It's k. ;_; I'll just get 300 skill and get Sanguine Blade. :3

-edit- Dammit, Sanguine Blade = MAB modifier percentage-wise, as if I needed to make a new set....
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 12:46:25
Link | Citer | R

Well dint mnd and str. And MAB and such.

Since it's magical things like base weapon dmg and pdif don't affect it. Making it pretty consistent against higher mobs since the only mob stats that will effect it is MDT/MDB (which alot of mobs don't have and would lower atonement too) and int.

Pld kinda sucks for gearing for it so maybe not. Idk blu and rdm can get some nice dmg on it. Comparable to atonement on strong mobs if well geared.

Then 50% hp drain is just icing on the cake. You should never do under 300 with it if the mob doesn't have MDB or MDT
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-27 12:47:27
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Ehehe, yeah, I've always heard arguments for/against Vorpal vs. Swift back in the days before Atonement.

GAWD I NEED THAT WS T_T

It's k. ;_; I'll just get 300 skill and get Sanguine Blade. :3

What floor are you on now?