How Good Is Multihit Khanda For Atonement Spam?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » How good is multihit Khanda for atonement spam?
How good is multihit Khanda for atonement spam?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 16:08:26
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't call it luck. I mean maybe back at 71 when I was soloing for spell but not now. But god does it take forever
 Fenrir.Luarania
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-27 16:17:34
Link | Citer | R

Maybe, but like you said, the DEF+ or spikes+ enfire could really screw things up. I suppose I'd try a few as well before I attempt it.

Not something I'm to worried about at this point though. Would rather finish VIT path, and maybe do a MND and STR paths as well, possibly DEX just in case.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-07-27 16:18:12
Link | Citer | R

Khanda 25 dmg, 264 delay.

My wife has one, also have a merc kris. I'd say the Khanda procs just like a merc kris. Haste + marchx2 and you won't stop swinging. Sometimes you'll have 2 single hits in a row for a pause.

I can do some 30 sec trials see how much tp joytoy or khanda build in short runs. Unless this is so derailed no one cares. If someone does lemme know. (i don't have a parser or care to do extreme 1000 swing trials)

Btw, the trial to get the khanda is brutal, 3250 kills is alot. Wamoura x600, with melees..... ; ; very nasty. Need to find some blm friends for wamoura trial for sure, or go at JP time and get a party. (was nice to get my Oathrice katana at the same time though)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 16:21:28
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Maybe, but like you said, the DEF+ or spikes+ enfire could really screw things up. I suppose I'd try a few as well before I attempt it.
Well I did part of this and vit path together since several mob types line up... plus before the update I was on the last step of the high dmg OAT path...

But def up move just slows things down. Can still just blink tank and headbutt spam letting disservement DOT it down....

The spikes suck though especially since it comes with enfire and you know most the time when you dispel you are going to get enfire instead. At that point I just disengage and headbutt spam
 Fenrir.Luarania
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-27 16:35:59
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Well I did part of this and vit path together since several mob types line up... plus before the update I was on the last step of the high dmg OAT path... But def up move just slows things down. Can still just blink tank and headbutt spam letting disservement DOT it down.... The spikes suck though especially since it comes with enfire and you know most the time when you dispel you are going to get enfire instead. At that point I just disengage and headbutt spam
Haha do keep in mind, PLD is my only job. I've never fought the mob and they seem fairly nasty, hence my doubt.

I keep running possible next trial updates through my head and 2-3 does seem to come out for the better compared to the OAT as related to Atonement spam, as well as general WS spam... provided my other thought doesn't come true, 2-3 should not only remain on top of that, but do it much better with the next update.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2010-07-27 23:00:49
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Well I did part of this and vit path together since several mob types line up... plus before the update I was on the last step of the high dmg OAT path... But def up move just slows things down. Can still just blink tank and headbutt spam letting disservement DOT it down.... The spikes suck though especially since it comes with enfire and you know most the time when you dispel you are going to get enfire instead. At that point I just disengage and headbutt spam
Haha do keep in mind, PLD is my only job. I've never fought the mob and they seem fairly nasty, hence my doubt.

I keep running possible next trial updates through my head and 2-3 does seem to come out for the better compared to the OAT as related to Atonement spam, as well as general WS spam... provided my other thought doesn't come true, 2-3 should not only remain on top of that, but do it much better with the next update.

Watch SE make the OAT jump to 2-4 and the OAT 2-3 just get more dmg.
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-07-27 23:03:14
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:

Would suck, hoping 2-3 will just go straight to 2-4 with 2 trials. .dat mining only shows 2-4.... hopefully we'll be 2-5 by 99.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 23:07:31
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Haha do keep in mind, PLD is my only job. I've never fought the mob and they seem fairly nasty, hence my doubt. I keep running possible next trial updates through my head and 2-3 does seem to come out for the better compared to the OAT as related to Atonement spam, as well as general WS spam... provided my other thought doesn't come true, 2-3 should not only remain on top of that, but do it much better with the next update.
Then watch SE make the 2-3 one to go to 2-5 and the 2-4 one just get more dmg after that... and so on and so on
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-07-27 23:08:46
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Haha do keep in mind, PLD is my only job. I've never fought the mob and they seem fairly nasty, hence my doubt. I keep running possible next trial updates through my head and 2-3 does seem to come out for the better compared to the OAT as related to Atonement spam, as well as general WS spam... provided my other thought doesn't come true, 2-3 should not only remain on top of that, but do it much better with the next update.
Then watch SE make the 2-3 one to go to 2-5 and the 2-4 one just get more dmg after that... and so on and so on

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU....
i'd die..
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-28 01:33:35
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Luarania said:

That, also fastcast. Plus you can swap the body around to fit various situations, Perle you don't have that, it's more damage based, plus having to wear all of it just to get the total haste values. Also the Homam pieces has +1 over the the Perle pieces and Turban with 5, allowing you to swap in different pieces for other uses and still keeping a bigger value of haste over Perle.

you get the fastcast by macroing in homam/turban/acp fastcast body in for spells. you can still tp in perle. contrary to popular belief, you can switch out gear at will.

i said this already in my earlier post:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
perle is just flat out superior to hauby+3/5 homam, with the exception that you may want to still macro it/acp body in for shadows/flash/etc. because of the fastcast on the pants/acp body

you are giving out even more false information. 3/5 homam + turban DOES NOT give up 1 haste to perle. perle head is 3% haste, not 2. it's a misprint on the english version of the game.

if you have homam, it's certainly worth keeping it with you for situational stuff like occassional ares refresh if you have low mp. if you don't already have homam, it's almost certainly not worth getting it now for the very tiny advantages it would give in very specific situations.
Fenrir.Luarania said:
OAT did seem better to me, personally. After seeing this thread and getting new information I have changed views. Honestly they still do seem even, yes 2-3 times is special but also we don't know what SE is planning, the OAT may still get a spot if they throw us a high damage physical WS. Plus future paths, 2-3 could start getting damage added and the OAT will probably start getting reduced delay. Probably won't but it's SE, we won't know for sure unless they say it or until the update. I'm going to sit my Antea at the first split and leave it there until the next update happens and we see the next stuff.

saying that OAT is as good as OAthrice for paladin because SE might do something drastic in the next updaate is downright silly.

that's like saying that pup is as good as sam because SE might raise their h2h to A+ and give them a job trait with massive native STR bonus in the next update

Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-28 01:45:20
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
I was wondering about this. Should I stick with Ares for the refresh or swap out for Perle gear for the damage gains.. Secondly, with the reduction I get in HP wearing Perle gear(as Taru), would it be worth it to risk wearing Perle for things that could nom my face off?

Also, I'm currently on the Demons part of the OA2-3 sword, did we come to a consensus that it was better than Joytoy for Atonement spam? Or is it situationally better?

well, it doesn't seem like anyone really answered your question in depth while i was at work so let me give it a shot.

first, let me qualify my answer by making it clear that i am a (mostly) AH paladin who has played for less than a year. I've never come within a mile of getting an ares cuirass. i'm a galka with hp merits to boot, so i've never had to sweat my hp like a taru might.

that said i'll give it a shot. If you've got the inventory availible to do it, if i was in your shoes, i would idle in ares for refresh and -pdt.

in most cases, i would tp in pearle while macroing in 3/5 homam and acp body for spells. however, i'd keep a spellcast set with 3/5 homam and ares, and i'd make a macro for that set and either:

A. switch into it at my discretion when i felt my MP refresh wasn't cutting it

or

B. set up a spellcast rule to swap into ares/homam when my mp dropped below a certain percent.

as for being a taru paladin and having to worry about HP, i'm sorry, i can't really help you there ><. i'm a galka and never had to worry about it, so i would have to leave that up to your discretion. :(
 Ragnarok.Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2010-07-28 03:50:14
Link | Citer | R

ok a little bit off topic but I am going to be taking PLD out of retirement all I have really used it for in the last few years is pulling for AF burns and some dynamis stone kiteing etc. So atm I dont have joytoy is it worth getting still if i am going to start working on the OAT2-3 sword? I am picking PLD back up for tanking in a new sky/dynamis linkshell. So just wondering if joytoy is just a waste. And i still need floor 100 for some new weapon skills. but how good is the new sword weapon skill? I hear it drains HP or something so would it be worth spaming or maybe doing atonement/new weapon skill when need HP or something
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-28 04:31:48
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Gunit said:
ok a little bit off topic but I am going to be taking PLD out of retirement all I have really used it for in the last few years is pulling for AF burns and some dynamis stone kiteing etc. So atm I dont have joytoy is it worth getting still if i am going to start working on the OAT2-3 sword? I am picking PLD back up for tanking in a new sky/dynamis linkshell. So just wondering if joytoy is just a waste. And i still need floor 100 for some new weapon skills. but how good is the new sword weapon skill? I hear it drains HP or something so would it be worth spaming or maybe doing atonement/new weapon skill when need HP or something

I've already said it earlier, but I personally wouldn't go through the effort of the OAT3 magian for the sheer horribleness it is to have to kill that many mobs. I would just get Joy, say *** it and work on an easier magian for another job, or possibly the -dmg one for if you do any campaigning/low tier blood tanking.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2010-07-28 04:49:19
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Ragnarok.Gunit said:

I've already said it earlier, but I personally wouldn't go through the effort of the OAT3 magian for the sheer horribleness it is to have to kill that many mobs. I would just get Joy, say *** it and work on an easier magian for another job, or possible the -dmg one for if you do any campaigning/low tier blood tanking.

so because getting all the kills for the pld sword is too much work i should go do a weapon for a different job? cause that didn't really make sense to me.(not trying to be rude just saying)
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-28 05:07:21
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Ragnarok.Gunit said:

I've already said it earlier, but I personally wouldn't go through the effort of the OAT3 magian for the sheer horribleness it is to have to kill that many mobs. I would just get Joy, say *** it and work on an easier magian for another job, or possibley the -dmg one for if you do any campaigning/low tier blood tanking.

so because getting all the kills for the pld sword is too much work i should go do a weapon for a different job? cause that didn't really make sense to me.(not trying to be rude just saying)

I could care less what you do, I was trying to tell you what I'd do and maybe save you time in the process. Maybe you could get better use of a better GK or PLM instead of just focusing 100% on pld.

If you don't agree that's cool, but learn to read. :(
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-28 07:05:26
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Ragnarok.Gunit said:
I've already said it earlier, but I personally wouldn't go through the effort of the OAT3 magian for the sheer horribleness it is to have to kill that many mobs. I would just get Joy, say *** it and work on an easier magian for another job, or possibley the -dmg one for if you do any campaigning/low tier blood tanking.
I could care less what you do, I was trying to tell you what I'd do and maybe save you time in the process. Maybe you could get better use of a better GK or PLM instead of just focusing 100% on pld. If you don't agree that's cool, but learn to read. :(

I suggest you learn to grammar before telling people to learn to read:

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-28 09:52:10
Link | Citer | R

So doing some more realistic testing of SB last night.

Ie ep+ mobs, no memento mori not /nin though /rdm is just as much MAB as /blm and useful, and no enervation or soundblast and no mage food. And was doing about 550-600 when I wasn't getting resist.

Of course part of the reason I was doing bad is my build is kinda meh without morri/yigit. But still much more consisent so possibly more overall dmg then doing vorpal blade. And the dmg wont decrease too significantly on harder targets