How Good Is Multihit Khanda For Atonement Spam?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » How good is multihit Khanda for atonement spam?
How good is multihit Khanda for atonement spam?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Alexander.Temaruma
Serveur: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-27 07:39:14
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
So 2-3 will win for atonement spam hands down. I'll agree on that. The last point I want to bring up is if PLD gets a physical WS that beats Atonement, what would be better in that situation? seroius question, Still got 19 levels anything could happen.

The sword beats Joyeuse in a High level situation only, Ie: when Atonement is your only resource. If its something you can physically damage even through melee DoT (even ignoring ws) then it'll fall way behind since even Atonement loses its wow factor on lower enemies.

When do you take a pld to anything you can tp burn?

When do you campaign or solo

Never. <,<
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-27 07:41:28
Link | Citer | R

Well there's a few other situations depending if you bring a PLD, like Limbus etc. Hell I pld in Abyssea and TP on those NMs just fine. So OAT would likely kill my DoT there since I think? most NMs dont take full Atonement DMG.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-27 07:44:08
Link | Citer | R

Brutal Earring would slightly skew the favor toward Joyeuse, also.
 Fenrir.Luarania
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-27 08:04:06
Link | Citer | R

So basicly, anything you can spam Atonement on the 2-3 times sword will win, and if you need straight DoT the OAT will win, sounds like they are fairly even in their use. In this situation I think I'll stick to just waiting until next update and see how the paths advance.

Thanks for the information, I was set on doing the OAT path but see that may not be the best choice~ +1 to you Sev for asking this question.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 08:32:03
Link | Citer | R

Use sanguine blade!!!
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-27 08:35:16
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for reminding me of that, Sev I need to PM you some campaign questions that have been bugging me.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-07-27 09:13:09
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Argettio said:
Within the limits of our understanding of the damage equations, base damage does not affect how often you hit for zero damage.

This is purely controlled by pdif (which is your attack).

A few people have suggested base D does affect it, but they have never been able to prove it with maths or experimentation.

Joytoy averages 1.5 attack rounds per swing, whereas the OAT sword is 1.9.

But you also acount for the delay, 264 is 15% slower to swing.

Joytoy reaches 100tp in 17 hits, the OAT sword in 15.

So assuming no haste joy will reach 100TP in (((17/1.5)*224)/60) 42.31, but the OAT sword will do it in (((15/1.9)*264)/60) 34.73 seconds.

If base damage doesn't have anything to do with hitting 0 then why the hell am I wasting time using a ceremonial dagger on rdm solo... Perhaps other options are open with that knowledge.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-07-27 09:32:44
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Valefor.Argettio said:
Within the limits of our understanding of the damage equations, base damage does not affect how often you hit for zero damage.

A few people have suggested base D does affect it, but they have never been able to prove it with maths or experimentation.

So assuming no haste joy will reach 100TP in (((17/1.5)*224)/60) 42.31, but the OAT sword will do it in (((15/1.9)*264)/60) 34.73 seconds.

If base damage doesn't have anything to do with hitting 0 then why the hell am I wasting time using a ceremonial dagger on rdm solo... Perhaps other options are open with that knowledge.

Because rdm have shitty attack :P
 Alexander.Temaruma
Serveur: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-27 09:34:18
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Valefor.Argettio said:

Because rdm have shitty attack :P

Beestinger gooooooooooooooooo
By Antisense 2010-07-27 09:42:56
Link | Citer | R

Given D + fSTR > 0 (not talking about when D + fSTR <= 0), base damage affects slightly (generally speaking) the proportion of hits that are 0 (if your attack is relatively low enough that there is actually the possibility of 0s). This is a consequence of truncation where damage calculated before truncation (pDIF*(D + fSTR)) between 0 and 1 is rounded to 0.

For example, suppose (D + fSTR) = 10 for one weapon and (D + fSTR) = 80 for another weapon and fSTR is the same for both weapons. 0-damage hits occur when pDIF < 1/10 for the first weapon and pDIF < 1/80 for the second weapon, so the weapon with lower "effective" base damage will have a slightly higher proportion of 0s. The actual difference in the proportion of 0s depends on the range of pDIF though.

I'm not the originator of this argument, which I think is kind of stupid anyway, but it is technically true.
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-27 09:44:47
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Valefor.Argettio said:
Within the limits of our understanding of the damage equations, base damage does not affect how often you hit for zero damage. This is purely controlled by pdif (which is your attack). A few people have suggested base D does affect it, but they have never been able to prove it with maths or experimentation. Joytoy averages 1.5 attack rounds per swing, whereas the OAT sword is 1.9. But you also acount for the delay, 264 is 15% slower to swing. Joytoy reaches 100tp in 17 hits, the OAT sword in 15. So assuming no haste joy will reach 100TP in (((17/1.5)*224)/60) 42.31, but the OAT sword will do it in (((15/1.9)*264)/60) 34.73 seconds.

OK then… as people want to get picky

There are 2 ways to achieve a hit for 0.

Damage = (Pdif *( D + fSTR))

Either when your fSTR + your Base D = less than 0.
* This is where your ceremonial dagger is useful as it is pretty easy for RDM to have a fSTR of -1 on RDM vs higher level mobs.
* This will guarantee every hit is 0
* Getting a fSTR over -5 or -10 is very hard (unless you are under levelled) so whenever you are using a ‘normal’ weapon you will never reach this point

Or when your pdif rolls to less than 0
* This happens when your attack is low compared to the mobs defence
* When pdif rolls at 0, the base D has no effect on your damage as 1,000,000*0 = 0.
* This means some hits will be 0, some will be higher, as pdif has a random factor added
* This is problem 99% of the time when someone says they are hitting for zero.

What Antisense said is technically true, but 2 things:
* The difference is tiny, in theory for joy and hauty there is a range of 0.006 pdif where a joy will hit for 0 and the hauty won’t
* pDif is floored and truncated, therefore the minute differences are eaten up and forgotten about, so there is effectively no difference
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-07-27 10:05:02
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Argettio said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Valefor.Argettio said:
Within the limits of our understanding of the damage equations, base damage does not affect how often you hit for zero damage. This is purely controlled by pdif (which is your attack). A few people have suggested base D does affect it, but they have never been able to prove it with maths or experimentation. Joytoy averages 1.5 attack rounds per swing, whereas the OAT sword is 1.9. But you also acount for the delay, 264 is 15% slower to swing. Joytoy reaches 100tp in 17 hits, the OAT sword in 15. So assuming no haste joy will reach 100TP in (((17/1.5)*224)/60) 42.31, but the OAT sword will do it in (((15/1.9)*264)/60) 34.73 seconds.

OK then… as people want to get picky

There are 2 ways to achieve a hit for 0.

Damage = (Pdif *( D + fSTR))

Either when your fSTR + your Base D = less than 0.
* This is where your ceremonial dagger is useful as it is pretty easy for RDM to have a fSTR of -1 on RDM vs higher level mobs.
* This will guarantee every hit is 0
* Getting a fSTR over -5 or -10 is very hard (unless you are under levelled) so whenever you are using a ‘normal’ weapon you will never reach this point

Or when your pdif rolls to less than 0
* This happens when your attack is low compared to the mobs defence
* When pdif rolls at 0, the base D has no effect on your damage as 1,000,000*0 = 0.
* This means some hits will be 0, some will be higher, as pdif has a random factor added
* This is problem 99% of the time when someone says they are hitting for zero.

What Antisense said is technically true, but 2 things:
* The difference is tiny, in theory for joy and hauty there is a range of 0.006 pdif where a joy will hit for 0 and the hauty won’t
* pDif is floored and truncated, therefore the minute differences are eaten up and forgotten about, so there is effectively no difference
Thanks for the clarification.

As a pld, what is the best way to prevent hitting 0 as often as possible? Is it attack that moves range it can hit on the pdif scale or str?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-27 10:07:38
Link | Citer | R

Attack+ will lower your 0 rate (Or the attack from STR+), STR itself raises your Base DMG in most situations which is relatively moot if your attack is low.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 11:20:19
Link | Citer | R

Also for rank 1 weapons fstr low caps at -1.

So once you get past 2 dmg weapons it becomes progressively harder to get your pdif low enough to make your dmg round down to 0.

Even something like Mkris at 8 with -1 fstr is hard since you'd need a pdif of at most .142 and the only way to garuntee that is to have a Cratio of -.215 and negative Cratio counts as 0 so yeah...

In fact I think 3 is the highest dmg you can garuntee 0 hits though 4 will get it alot.

This isn't counting crits which for higher than 1 dmg weapon pretty much garuntees at least 1 dmg
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-27 11:27:31
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Attack+ will lower your 0 rate (Or the attack from STR+), STR itself raises your Base DMG in most situations which is relatively moot if your attack is low.
So I should get an Amemet Mantle (+1) for my TP build, then? :o
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 11:28:55
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
So I should get an Amemet Mantle (+1) for my TP build, then? :o
Or forager, or cerb(+1)
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-27 11:29:36
Link | Citer | R

Uh, yeah, with my budget, I'm still saving up for my Cerb ; ;

-edit- Ohohohohshit :O It dropped down to 280k on my server O_O OF ALL THE DAYS TO NOT BE AT HOME....
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-27 11:30:17
Link | Citer | R

Isn't Perle Set a great Atonement TP build now?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 11:30:44
Link | Citer | R

Oh and I've seen some addon misson backs that are pretty good. Like 3-4 str some acc and 17 att?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 11:31:57
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
I guess if you don't have homams
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-27 11:33:21
Link | Citer | R

Forgot I asked Raen about that lol, he said "Better unless using AF+1 feet (/blu for example)"
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-27 11:35:11
Link | Citer | R

Also a huge question of mine since I'm approaching PLD78:

Would perle hauberk replace my haubergeon?
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-27 11:37:09
Link | Citer | R

I like it, DD wise it certainly seems more powerful than the 3/5 Homan with Turban build. I will say I feel Perle loses out to adaptivity, with 3 Homam and Turban puting you at 14% haste you can freely swap your body piece around to what you need, like Ares, Hauby, or even Homam body if you are hurting that bad for Accuracy(shouldn't, but could happen).

Either Perle or 3 Homam with Turban is totally acceptable Atonement spam builds in my eyes though, and Perle is very easy to get now.

As to Ayne, sorta. Perle is best used as a full set to gain the 5% haste bonus, but going off a WAR thread that said Perle can replace Hauby NQ at least I'd say same would apply to PLD. as for HQ hauby better to do the homam / turban.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-27 11:39:04
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Also a huge question of mine since I'm approaching PLD78:

Would perle hauberk replace my haubergeon?

With full set, I'd say yes.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 11:40:40
Link | Citer | R

Or you could use grim cuirass :)
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-27 11:41:25
Link | Citer | R

This is my current (partially wishlist) PLD TP set--I'm lacking Chiv Chain, Assault Earring, Cerb Mantle, and the Perle Brayettes, but altogether Haste+19%.... I'm at Haste+14% with my current set without the Perle pants, though.

I guess I might as well just do away Dusk set and put away my Walahra Turban? I JUST got Sea access, though, and am that much closer to getting Homam. Sadly not such a huge deal anymore since I'm closer to getting 78 and Perle set....
Ramuh.Dasva said:
D; OH yeah, yeah--that's totally not out of my league.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-27 11:44:34
Link | Citer | R

Doing homams you'd get more acc if that matters. Though less str/att. But as previously said gives more body options depending on situation
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-27 11:44:42
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Anye said:
This is my current (partially wishlist) PLD TP set--I'm lacking Chiv Chain, Assault Earring, Cerb Mantle, and the Perle Brayettes, but altogether Haste+19%.... I'm at Haste+14% with my current set without the Perle pants, though. I guess I might as well just do away Dusk set and put away my Walahra Turban? I JUST got Sea access, though, and am that much closer to getting Homam. Sadly not such a huge deal anymore since I'm closer to getting 78 and Perle set....
Ramuh.Dasva said:
D; OH yeah, yeah--that's totally not out of my league.
You are at 16% haste. I'm assuming you went off the haste the gearset said, it actually counts the 5% instead of the 2's.

Perle is up to you, you'll lose 2 haste and the move speed - off the top of my head. 2 accuracy also from hauby. If you want can use it as a temp until you get Homam pieces.

I'd skip Girm and use Versa if you are doing PDT, not only enmity, but doesn't have the nasty +6 MDT...
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-27 11:46:15
Link | Citer | R

Rajas! You also gain a lot of attack/str over homam/turban/haub.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-27 11:46:54
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Luarania said:
You are at 16% haste. I'm assuming you went off the haste the gearset said, it actually counts the 5% instead of the 2's.
BAH. Lazy ol' me.
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Perle is up to you, you'll lose 2 haste and the move speed - off the top of my head. 2 accuracy also from hauby. If you want can use it as a temp until you get Homam pieces.
I was thinking along the same lines! But I'm going to do a little more homework and plan things out a bit more^^
Rajas! You also gain a lot of attack/str over homam/turban/haub.
Q_Q BUT I WANT SATTVA CUZ IM A PARADIN

...without Atonement.

I'll get it someday, I swear >_>