ITT: Your worst magian trial
First Page 2 3 4
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-30 01:41:27
Link | Citer | R

So, I've been doing magians for a few weeks now and I've had some bad trials, some not so bad, but I've hit my absolute worst trial today.

Apkallu x450. These things are just plain horrible and I have 321 left to go.

I've tried them in 2 diff zones, as the hate acts differently in each.

In Zhaylaom, the more you kill, the less damage they take. After only 20 kills, I couldn't hit for more than 20 any more. Couldn't break 100 on a ws (easy prey mobs)

In Arrapago, as hate builds, they have increased link range, can now aggro, and will run away from you at low hp. When they run, if there's no other apkallu up, they will just run away from you for a while and come back. If there are other apkallu, it'll run to it and make it link and come back to you with his new friend.

At this point, with 2 or more on me, I'm using more tp to cure than I am for damage. At this rate I won't be able to outkill repop speed and I'll be dead here soon.

I can't even go to the bathroom now because if more than 3 are up at once, I'm dead.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 01:45:14
Link | Citer | R

150 elementals on light day or weather. Mostly just super time consuming but yeah.

[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-30 01:50:12
Link | Citer | R

lol friggin Tigerwoods...your avatars just keep getting funnier.....

on topic..on topic..worst trial? well the 200 flans on blu during firesday or weather that i'm working towards doesn't sound too appealing... lol
 Titan.Lillica
Serveur: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-06-30 01:56:29
Link | Citer | R

This Peiste one is not fun... 400 of them and they just love to throw status effects like crazy, plus all the wonderful quads in the area make it oh so fun.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-06-30 02:02:34
Link | Citer | R

Trying to help a friend with GK trial while picking off a few mobs on lightsday for teiwaz... we were in Ifrit's Cauldron after monkeys during fire weather, which we assumed there would be plenty of since after all, it's Ifrit's Cauldron...

No fire weather at all for 5 hours straight...

3X DOUBLE WATER!!!WTF >.>
 Phoenix.Tsukimae
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Aaralyn
By Phoenix.Tsukimae 2010-06-30 02:04:47
Link | Citer | R

Yeah. 150 elementals on lightsday sucks. Ones in sky take forever to kill on SMN. They're too spread out in grauberg and tree. Weather didn't happen very often when I went to valley of sorrows.

Maybe next time I'll see about the eles around Tia.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-06-30 02:07:19
Link | Citer | R

Right now I'm actually on 50 of anything during light weather/day, but soooo~ not looking forward to the ele's. ;;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 02:08:03
Link | Citer | R

Well I'm sticking to light day and doing pet elementals so only going to take probably 5-6 lightdays but yeah light weather is pretty rare anywhere
 Phoenix.Tsukimae
user: Aaralyn
By Phoenix.Tsukimae 2010-06-30 02:10:13
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well I'm sticking to light day and doing pet elementals so only going to take probably 5-6 lightdays but yeah light weather is pretty rare anywhere

What pet eles are you doing? Hard to find EP ones at 77.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-06-30 02:12:45
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Tsukimae said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Maybe find a friend to sync down a few levels and that might give you a few more choices.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 02:14:56
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Tsukimae said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well I was doing VT ones since the xp was pretty pimp. Wore off an allied ring in a about 25 min even with several log outs for hate. But very dangerous place to solo even with one shotting them so now I'm doing Ts. I can one shot them with T4 pretty easy but need to do it with staff so sticking to AM2 unless there is a clear pull
 Diabolos.Raelia
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-06-30 02:24:29
Link | Citer | R

Been doing worm parties in Qufim for Amorph kills.

Gonna try to do the same in Kazham for Plantoid kills, but not many noobs get access early enough these days.

Peistes will be the death of me though. Buffalo too.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-30 02:30:38
Link | Citer | R

These apkallu are pissing me off. Right now it's at the point where I can't go to the bathroom because if I do too many will be up to continue w/o sure death (w/o getting someone to come help)
 Fenrir.Tool
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-06-30 02:33:29
Link | Citer | R

Is there any way to diminish akpallu hate?
 Carbuncle.Buro
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: buro
By Carbuncle.Buro 2010-06-30 02:36:00
Link | Citer | R

have you tried /bst charm the crabs to help kill
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-30 02:41:44
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tool said:
Is there any way to diminish akpallu hate?
Time diminishes it (but i hear a game week, 8 rl hours, diminishes hate by 20 kills >.>), and feeding apkallu NPC diminishes it but when hate is high enough they go from green tag to yelllow tag, so yea.
Carbuncle.Buro said:
None near me, need /dnc for curing, and even if did know where they were, too many repops would come by the time i came back w/ it.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-06-30 02:43:13
Link | Citer | R

Yikes, sounds like a real patience killer. Perhaps after some testing you can determine the maximum number of kills prior to the friendly NPC turning yellow so you can keep a grip on their little enmity system.
 Carbuncle.Buro
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: buro
By Carbuncle.Buro 2010-06-30 02:45:02
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Buro said:
None near me, need /dnc for curing, and even if did know where they were, too many repops would come by the time i came back w/ it.[/quote]

/bst is good if it links just let go of pet then recharm all link will go away
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-30 02:51:42
Link | Citer | R

Is the hate zone wide, or is it just for each group of Apkallu? Also, I heard that if you kill enough of them in Mount Z they'll start to agro ANYONE that goes past, not just you. You should totally make that happen and then take pics of the lols that ensue.
 Phoenix.Centinal
user: centinal
By Phoenix.Centinal 2010-06-30 02:51:50
Link | Citer | R

Dude even with help they suck . aoe sleep and that def nonsense is frustrating. I abandoned my the gun trial for now.
 Fenrir.Xeonerable
By Fenrir.Xeonerable 2010-06-30 03:09:16
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
Trying to help a friend with GK trial while picking off a few mobs on lightsday for teiwaz... we were in Ifrit's Cauldron after monkeys during fire weather, which we assumed there would be plenty of since after all, it's Ifrit's Cauldron...

No fire weather at all for 5 hours straight...

3X DOUBLE WATER!!!WTF >.>

I agree that is the worst and kind of impossible... I stood in ifrit's cauldron for 5 hours as well and got even more double water weather.... I eventually just gave up.

great katana... 25 opo-opos... yeah.. just 25 of them.
During Fire weather that seems to NEVER exist...
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-30 03:10:00
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tool said:
Yikes, sounds like a real patience killer. Perhaps after some testing you can determine the maximum number of kills prior to the friendly NPC turning yellow so you can keep a grip on their little enmity system.
No testing for me. I"m staying here till all the ones I need are dead and never looking back. Not gonna go seek an NPC and come back to a full camp again, lol
Carbuncle.Buro said:
Carbuncle.Buro said:
None near me, need /dnc for curing, and even if did know where they were, too many repops would come by the time i came back w/ it.

/bst is good if it links just let go of pet then recharm all link will go away[/quote]
It's not if it'll link, it's gonna link. As for the recharm trick, don't think it'd do much good as they run away, would keep relinking with its buddies.
Odin.Blazza said:
Is the hate zone wide, or is it just for each group of Apkallu? Also, I heard that if you kill enough of them in Mount Z they'll start to agro ANYONE that goes past, not just you. You should totally make that happen and then take pics of the lols that ensue.
Pretty sure it's zone hate. As for the hate, yes it's not restricted to one person. If they're aggroing me now (which they are), they'll aggro anyone.

Phoenix.Centinal said:
Dude even with help they suck . aoe sleep and that def nonsense is frustrating. I abandoned my the gun trial for now.
I'm almost killing faster than they cna repop now. With another person here, I wouldn't be having any issue at all
 Sylph.Darkei
user: Darkei
By Sylph.Darkei 2010-06-30 03:25:49
Link | Citer | R

@off topic: Tiger you need a pic with a Vuvuzela :P

@on topic, Now I need 250 golems for my trial, in lightning day @_@ the only good place is sky but are fking hard alone and only 1h for kill ; ;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 03:53:43
Link | Citer | R

You could trial moon. They aren't exactly close but alot easier. What do you have to kill it with?
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Serveur: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-06-30 03:59:07
Link | Citer | R

tried PUP ? Easy prey should be joke, just don't engage.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-30 04:00:56
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
tried PUP ? Easy prey should be joke, just don't engage.
They're EP, but they're weird (since apkallu hate is most likely coming into play). Certainly not 1shottable w/ pup nuking. If using whm frame, not gonna kill fast enough to outweigh the repops.

What pup strat did you have in mind?

W/ dune boots and kabobs, I'm kicking for 90-100ish. Their resistance also goes to magic, so not sure what kind of nukes I'd be getting
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 04:02:14
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't need to one shot. Time a sleep right after the nuke and auto will definitely finish it next nuke or you might be able to finish with drain.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-30 04:07:14
Link | Citer | R

I don't see how that'd solve the link problem though. I can kill them fine on mnk now, juts having trouble when the linkage occurs. And again, it's on dmg resist right now cause I've built up so much hate. I know it applies to magic attacks too, so not sure how that'd effect my maton
 Bahamut.Paulus
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-06-30 04:12:28
Link | Citer | R

I've got 350 Additional effects to proc on my Soulsaber. Worst of all it's vs Manticores. SO I'll get it to proc, sleep it and then wait for effect (Magic Evasion Down) to ware off. It's mind numbing but certainly not as bad as yours. 20 procs left!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-30 04:27:33
Link | Citer | R

It's over for tonight. Can officially no longer outkill the repops. Killed enough of them to fk my dmg and they all started repopping. Just died lol.

This is footwork dune boots w/ kabob and these are EP, to demonstrate their dmg resistance.

First Page 2 3 4