Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-20 10:21:00
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Dreizehn said:
Cerberus.Rayik said:
I'm just getting going into my trials but so far the biggest pain in my arse is the one with 50 raptors, any weather. Sounds easy, right? I've been on this damn trial for going on 3 weeks now... Every time there is ANY weather where I can fight a raptor of appropriate xp, it either disappears after 2 minutes or after I get 1 kill. So I've basically been doing this trial as 1 kill at a time, maybe 2 or 3 kills total for each playing session. When I first got the trial I figured "hey, Cape Terrigan has Raptors and weather!" 15 hours of camping there later, I get a /tell that there's fire weather, as I'm logging out. Honestly, I'm looking forward to the 150 mobs during Xday/weather, because at least on a given Xday I know I can run out and get some kills, come back the next time Xday rolls around. Running around Vanadiel just looking for weather is such a pain in the ***.
Raptors in Uleguerand Range at I-10 with near constant ice weather My worst was definately ghost pet kills in ice and dark weather/day. Fei'yin had some too weaks while garliage had only a few and kuftal had them all crowded together ><
Don't remind me. I've litterally waited 2 full hours for ice to melt so I could do the ENM
 Quetzalcoatl.Diveine
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Diveine
By Quetzalcoatl.Diveine 2010-07-20 11:02:51
Link | Citer | R

I have been doing trial for Axe with Pet: attk +, and it requires 150 apkallu during fire day/weather *pet has to give finishing blow*. I can relate fully with op, but more than that I have even almost come to tears twice because of this trial. When I started trial I would solo them with my pet and get as much as 10 kills per fire day. But since last update there are many more people doing this or similar trials has made it horrific in terms of obtaining no more than 2-3 kills per day. Oh and Tiger, the apkallu in Mount Zhayolm do the run away and let me gang up with my buddies also. I have tried to kill other mobs in the Mt. trying to lower hate, seems to work a little but I don't kill too fast as 76 bst yet. Neways, there have been parties with ninja's that need apkallu also, where they let the bst's tank the damn birds they use a bit of ninjutsu on them and slowly pet kills all with no one engaging, that way they don't become fully immune to physical attacks.

Please please, if anyone knows of a way to lower or reset hate for these apkallu, help us out. I've done many trials like the 300 Hyppo's with scythe >.>, but none can surpass the challenge that trial [303] has been for me.