Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » ITT: Your worst magian trial
ITT: Your worst magian trial
 Fairy.Basilo
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-30 20:49:47
Link | Citer | R

PUP/SCH nuke sleep them really shouldnt be an issue theyre sleepable and ep mob easily sleep sj sch I cant see pup nukes slowly getting reduced dmg from apkallu hate. I realise you fail to have any mage jobs leveled but Im just pointing it out to anyone else unfortunate enough to stumble upon this trial. Supprised Pchan didnt suggest this more clearly when he suggested pup kill, how can it run back to the pack when you have it slept?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-30 20:58:52
Link | Citer | R

Still have to intially clear the zone for that to work. Aside for like 3 of them, they're most are within link range of at least 1 or 2 other birds. With your recommended strat, would be restricted to killing 1-3 birds and waiting on the I think 16 min repop.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-30 21:00:49
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Steo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
For about 200 kills or so, then they'll start resisting damage as well, you'll have problems outkilling the repops.

So probably best to do this trial in stages of 150-200, instead of grind killing?
Doubt it's possible to grind all 450 kills. The resistance goes up and up, to the point where you will hit for less than 10.

As for the stages, I waited 18 hours after yesterday was able to get 200+ in starting w/ no hate, but after 18 hours not enough hate had decayed for me to start it up again, hence the video
 Shiva.Steo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Steo
By Shiva.Steo 2010-06-30 21:01:25
Link | Citer | R

and a ~30 sec delay betwen nukes if solo.

also they build resistance, so they could resist sleep after a while

EDIT: For the PUP/SCH Strat
 Shiva.Steo
By Shiva.Steo 2010-06-30 21:05:53
Link | Citer | R

A little of topic but a question my friend was saying earlier,

When this trial is complete, the weapon changes to a lvl 80 weapon, Since most BCNMs/Missions are still capped at 75 wouldnt you lose the OAT under the sync?
 Carbuncle.Axle
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-06-30 21:06:26
Link | Citer | R

I take it pup can't Activate Deactivate Activate anymore? and just spam nuke?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-30 21:07:08
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Axle said:
You can but unless you keep it claimed, it's gonna just regen hp
 Carbuncle.Axle
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-06-30 21:09:21
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:

k, sorry only lvl 12 pup
 Shiva.Steo
By Shiva.Steo 2010-06-30 21:11:37
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:
k, sorry only lvl 12 pup

And sleep recast has to be addressed, and deactivate has a 1 min cooldown timer now
By Valo 2010-06-30 22:10:57
Link | Citer | R

Ah well at least you can kill your Apkallu, most of us have to sit there staring at the mob we wish death upon while waiting for the correct weather to do so...

That video was pretty hilarious though Tiger, I wish you the best of luck with'em.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-30 22:25:09
Link | Citer | R

Valo said:
Ah well at least you can kill your Apkallu, most of us have to sit there staring at the mob we wish death upon while waiting for the correct weather to do so...

That video was pretty hilarious though Tiger, I wish you the best of luck with'em.
One guy I saw there the other day had apkallu weather based, though he only needs 150 or 200 or something. I need 450
By sztoid 2010-06-30 23:04:45
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Tsukimae said:
Yeah. 150 elementals on lightsday sucks. Ones in sky take forever to kill on SMN. They're too spread out in grauberg and tree. Weather didn't happen very often when I went to valley of sorrows. Maybe next time I'll see about the eles around Tia.

Ele pets in (West Sarutabaruta } count
 Ifrit.Shangrala
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Shangrala
By Ifrit.Shangrala 2010-07-15 07:01:29
Link | Citer | R

on the 450 apkallu now. the hate system is so lame for these birds.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-15 07:31:01
Link | Citer | R

sztoid said:
Phoenix.Tsukimae said:
Yeah. 150 elementals on lightsday sucks. Ones in sky take forever to kill on SMN. They're too spread out in grauberg and tree. Weather didn't happen very often when I went to valley of sorrows. Maybe next time I'll see about the eles around Tia.
Ele pets in (West Sarutabaruta } count
So do the ones in xarc and castle zhval. Both of which are pretty damn good xp
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-15 07:32:03
Link | Citer | R

600 demons were icky. Imps are obviously the easiest even being T or higher to me but still icky and have to fight for pulls most the time. And gdi 600 is alot. Especially going right into 400 of soemthign else lol
 Cerberus.Rayik
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2010-07-15 13:50:43
Link | Citer | R

I'm just getting going into my trials but so far the biggest pain in my arse is the one with 50 raptors, any weather. Sounds easy, right? I've been on this damn trial for going on 3 weeks now... Every time there is ANY weather where I can fight a raptor of appropriate xp, it either disappears after 2 minutes or after I get 1 kill. So I've basically been doing this trial as 1 kill at a time, maybe 2 or 3 kills total for each playing session.

When I first got the trial I figured "hey, Cape Terrigan has Raptors and weather!" 15 hours of camping there later, I get a /tell that there's fire weather, as I'm logging out.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to the 150 mobs during Xday/weather, because at least on a given Xday I know I can run out and get some kills, come back the next time Xday rolls around. Running around Vanadiel just looking for weather is such a pain in the ***.
 Fenrir.Luarania
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-15 13:56:17
Link | Citer | R

Trial 200: Sabotenders x200
... Been doing this mostly solo, so you can see the pain I'll probably be going through. I think Veg won this one though, saw that video and those birds suck majorly.
 Siren.Ceracyst
Serveur: Siren
user: Ceracyst
By Siren.Ceracyst 2010-07-15 13:58:09
Link | Citer | R

Currently on Trial 654 for GK. Krabkatoa Shellx10. I can't seem to get enough help for it. Everyone on Siren has better things to do. heh

So it's just sitting in my mog collecting dust for now.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-15 14:01:10
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Trial 200: Sabotenders x200 ... Been doing this mostly solo, so you can see the pain I'll probably be going through.
I thought it would be too. But every earth day I went out sure enough there was like 4-8 other people there doing it too lol.

Actually I'm starting to like the day or weather trials the best since:

1. Greater chance someone else will be doing it at the same time.

2. Much fewer kills
 Fenrir.Luarania
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-15 14:05:20
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Trial 200: Sabotenders x200 ... Been doing this mostly solo, so you can see the pain I'll probably be going through.
I thought it would be too. But every earth day I went out sure enough there was like 4-8 other people there doing it too lol. Actually I'm starting to like the day or weather trials the best since: 1. Greater chance someone else will be doing it at the same time. 2. Much fewer kills
I'm sure I could find a few JP around that would be on this trial in the mornings, but I have an odd feeling during EU/NA prime times I'll be rocking this solo. Trust me I hope to god I am wrong.

Been thinking the same thing, being able to kill on the day as well is waaay better than having to wait for the bloody weather. Almost got the beetles finished, Quicksand's been hatin on me.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-15 14:12:05
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I actually found help all times of day lol. Like back to back to back earth days usually the same people. Half the time we had to wait on repops
 Cerberus.Frion
Serveur: Cerberus
user: frion1
By Cerberus.Frion 2010-07-15 14:16:34
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Ceracyst said:
Currently on Trial 654 for GK. Krabkatoa Shellx10. I can't seem to get enough help for it. Everyone on Siren has better things to do. heh

So it's just sitting in my mog collecting dust for now.

same, and I'm trying to buy them and even then, no one sells
 Asura.Alymorel
Serveur: Asura
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-07-15 14:20:54
Link | Citer | R

I currently have to do 200 Wamoura on firesday/weather. I can't really find help and I can't solo those. >.>
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-07-15 14:52:15
Link | Citer | R

10 Ruthven Nails
10 Krabkatoa Shells
10 Baby Blobs

*** VNMs. No one ever wants to do them anymore.

Oh and of course most of the Abyssea ones suck. Collect 50 items (yeah suck my *** SE).

[+]
 Leviathan.Ayrlie
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kimmy78
By Leviathan.Ayrlie 2010-07-18 23:31:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Alymorel said:
I currently have to do 200 Wamoura on firesday/weather. I can't really find help and I can't solo those. >.>

Since these still give skill ups at 80, I try to package it as a skill up/Cannonball learning party. Depending on who shows up, we can kill between 25 to 65 per hour.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-18 23:33:33
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Trial 200: Sabotenders x200
... Been doing this mostly solo, so you can see the pain I'll probably be going through. I think Veg won this one though, saw that video and those birds suck majorly.

I helped my friend with this and would link (she brought her second char with her as a healer) 4-5 sabotenders and spam fell cleave /sam on them lol. Got TP really fast with Retaliation up too. Was a fast trial actually.
 Caitsith.Linear
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-07-18 23:34:08
Link | Citer | R

200 Flans during fire weather/day.

Here's hoping I can find a manaburn that'll let me leach.
 Siren.Mascrapone
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Mascrapone 2010-07-19 23:28:24
Link | Citer | R

I'm being a baby but Trial 841, 50 Slimes in water/earth/dark/ice weather. just because there are no good locations to do it and it's slimes... For an early trial that's just so *** =\ You cant find any decent locations without level sync.

And oh the Glory of Mages, I'll have to do this 3 or 4 times for each dark-based staff i want to create. I'll take the "harder" ones over this cowpat any day.
 Ramuh.Migado
user: Migado
By Ramuh.Migado 2010-07-19 23:37:35
Link | Citer | R

So far my worst has been Capricornus. His spam of recoil dive is deadly, even to my bff aegis pld. Very messy fight when you're low manning. But.. can't imagine apkallu. I'm very sorry :(

But wait!

50 Helm of Briareus - this one's going to take me a year.
 Alexander.Dreizehn
Serveur: Alexander
user: Tenkey
By Alexander.Dreizehn 2010-07-20 10:17:51
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Rayik said:
I'm just getting going into my trials but so far the biggest pain in my arse is the one with 50 raptors, any weather. Sounds easy, right? I've been on this damn trial for going on 3 weeks now... Every time there is ANY weather where I can fight a raptor of appropriate xp, it either disappears after 2 minutes or after I get 1 kill. So I've basically been doing this trial as 1 kill at a time, maybe 2 or 3 kills total for each playing session.

When I first got the trial I figured "hey, Cape Terrigan has Raptors and weather!" 15 hours of camping there later, I get a /tell that there's fire weather, as I'm logging out.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to the 150 mobs during Xday/weather, because at least on a given Xday I know I can run out and get some kills, come back the next time Xday rolls around. Running around Vanadiel just looking for weather is such a pain in the ***.

Raptors in Uleguerand Range at I-10 with near constant ice weather

My worst was definately ghost pet kills in ice and dark weather/day. Fei'yin had some too weaks while garliage had only a few and kuftal had them all crowded together ><