Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » ITT: Your worst magian trial
ITT: Your worst magian trial
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 04:31:03
Link | Citer | R

Well they not dealing all that much. Protect and phalanx would kill most of that
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-30 04:36:58
Link | Citer | R

Meh not rly. If it's just one, sure. There's like 6-10 pops at that camp though. With my killspeed dealing that much dmg, no way I'd say alive w/ all of them on me at once
 Fenrir.Tool
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-06-30 04:38:08
Link | Citer | R

***... Was gonna say ADVENTURING COMPANION! But quickly realized they don't have a passport to Aht Urghan.

Someone give those guys a green card, srsly.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 04:44:27
Link | Citer | R

What I meant was based on that log protect + phalanx should drop most that dmg to 0s. Oh and I meant from another character with good skill lol
 Hades.Tripster
Serveur: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2010-06-30 06:09:45
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
150 elementals on light day or weather. Mostly just super time consuming but yeah.

You're doing it wrong. Meriphataud Mountains (S) has 2 Yagudo Summoners at the entrance to Castle Oztroja (S). You just kill the pet elementals there. On RDM80/SCH I can kill solo about 30/40 of them before lightsday ends.

If you go with 2 people there, you can split up. One person stays at the Castle Oztroja door and the other in the open field. You'll get the kills for both.

Usually, 2 T3 and 1 T2 nuke can kill the elemental. If you link the Yagudo, just sleep and zone to the Castle.

The only elementals they summon is Wind, Fire and Earth. If it's fire and earth, you pull with silence. If it's wind, start off with Stone IV (If you are on RDM). If you're a BLM must be even easier. Let them hit you with Stoneskin, Blink, Phalanx and Aquaveil up, as they won't do much damage. If they cast AM, eat it. Only problem is aga-III, which you can sleep any of them easily.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 06:19:27
Link | Citer | R

Not really sure how I am doing it wrong compared to your "better" method. I am around 4-5 smns and one shotting them for probably more xp.

Or just 2 smn and alot of danger for ALOT more xp
 Hades.Tripster
By Hades.Tripster 2010-06-30 06:20:56
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Not really sure how I am doing it wrong compared to your "better" method. I am around 4-5 smns and one shotting them for probably more xp.

Or just 2 smn and alot of danger for ALOT more xp

Where?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 06:23:39
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Tripster said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Not really sure how I am doing it wrong compared to your "better" method. I am around 4-5 smns and one shotting them for probably more xp. Or just 2 smn and alot of danger for ALOT more xp
Where?
For the lower lvl ones... like I'd say around lvl 80ish just outside of Castle zhal S. Lots of aggro all around but fairly easy sleeps lots of room and can often nuke from a different lvl.

For the higher lvl ones like lvl 83 inside. Not really lots of aggro but it's pretty hard to avoid and not sure if there is a place you can safely rest without invis. Demons very resistant to sleep have been double attacked for 300+ each. Also hard to one shot without day/weather even with AM2 if you using a staff that doesn't boost dmg
 Leviathan.Wolflish
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ehud
By Leviathan.Wolflish 2010-06-30 06:48:22
Link | Citer | R

Just finished 2 our LS WHM's kills for lightsday.

Grauberg - by the Fey Pixie (Sihde)sp

They count as Elementals and as far as I could tell they don't affect Pixie hate for you. One of my ls whms thought of this when they were helping me kill T2 VNM Pixies on lightsday and got credit for a kill.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-30 07:18:19
Link | Citer | R

I'm on 250 Golem kills during Lightning(sday) for DEX/Acc Shamshir. If I can't find a sky LS doing Dio (who'll trust me and let me help kill) at the time, I have to resort to Fei'Yin where there is an amazing total of 5 pops with 16 min repop. Ro'Maeve is not an option, there is *1* Mythril Golem there and *** the VT ones behind the Moongates.

(On a random note, 1/1 Retaliators, MNK14, had to toss them D:)
 Ragnarok.Chaska
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Chaska
By Ragnarok.Chaska 2010-06-30 07:27:43
Link | Citer | R

Trial #395

x200 soulflayers during lightning weather/day...

i need some help there
 Hades.Tripster
By Hades.Tripster 2010-06-30 07:30:07
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Chaska said:
Trial #395

i need some help there

good luck!
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-30 07:37:47
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Chaska said:
Trial #395

i need some help there

That.

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 07:49:50
Link | Citer | R

That wouldn't be too horrible... if ya know it wasn't on war lol
 Cerberus.Feroxs
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Shuri
By Cerberus.Feroxs 2010-06-30 07:52:33
Link | Citer | R

Just... all of them. I die a little inside on every single trial.
 Sylph.Priy
user: jarredpoe
By Sylph.Priy 2010-06-30 08:07:10
Link | Citer | R

Buffalo for COR, I got so fed up with it I moved to H2H for awhile just to get a break.
 Fenrir.Elytonas
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Elytonas
By Fenrir.Elytonas 2010-06-30 09:58:49
Link | Citer | R

"Defeat 400 gnat-type experience yielding creatures with the Goedendag equipped." For my Whitemage and there are only 75-78+ Gnals with high Evasion + Attack Speed, they take forever to kill...
 Phoenix.Premier
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Premier
By Phoenix.Premier 2010-06-30 10:10:24
Link | Citer | R

So far my worst has been Lamprey Lord. ><
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-30 10:14:09
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Elytonas said:
"Defeat 400 gnat-type experience yielding creatures with the Goedendag equipped." For my Whitemage and there are only 75-78 Gnals with high Evasion Attack Speed, they take forever to kill...
Heh, at least you won't have an issue finding ones that yield exp <_<
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Serveur: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-06-30 12:28:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
tried PUP ? Easy prey should be joke, just don't engage.
They're EP, but they're weird (since apkallu hate is most likely coming into play). Certainly not 1shottable w/ pup nuking. If using whm frame, not gonna kill fast enough to outweigh the repops.

What pup strat did you have in mind?

W/ dune boots and kabobs, I'm kicking for 90-100ish. Their resistance also goes to magic, so not sure what kind of nukes I'd be getting

I was thinking of not engaging on the master and only attacking with the melee pup (without generating any hate from manoeuvers etc). Idk, it probably doesn't give hate to the puppet. Did you check on PUP if the dmg output from the melee puppet is nerfed when you got hate ?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-30 12:38:00
Link | Citer | R

After this current trial (100 birds on wind day/weather) I move onto 200 Malboros durring wind weather/day -_-.. REALLY not looking forward to that one..

So far all my trials have been pretty straightforward/easy.. Rabbits > Crabs > Anything > Vermin, though the crabs sucked, Thunder never wanted to pop in the tree, so was left with Vunkrel Inlet, where the weather is short lived and sporadic.
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-06-30 12:44:41
Link | Citer | R

I'm working on Great Katana now, which hasn't been too bad.. But I wanted the Earth Magic Acc+ for BRD, but:

Trial 862: 250 Birds
Earth Status ailment

Trial 1722: 250 Sheep
Earth Status ailment

Trial 1723: 300 Crawlers
Earth Status ailment

That seems like it might be hard on BRD, unless /BLM with INT songs and Threnody are enough, I suppose it could be... Either way that's the Trials I'm least looking forward too.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-30 19:31:10
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
tried PUP ? Easy prey should be joke, just don't engage.
They're EP, but they're weird (since apkallu hate is most likely coming into play). Certainly not 1shottable w/ pup nuking. If using whm frame, not gonna kill fast enough to outweigh the repops.

What pup strat did you have in mind?

W/ dune boots and kabobs, I'm kicking for 90-100ish. Their resistance also goes to magic, so not sure what kind of nukes I'd be getting

I was thinking of not engaging on the master and only attacking with the melee pup (without generating any hate from manoeuvers etc). Idk, it probably doesn't give hate to the puppet. Did you check on PUP if the dmg output from the melee puppet is nerfed when you got hate ?
Not personally, but wiki says phy and magic and only way I'd be able to kill it off w/o claiming is to kill it in two nukes. Otherwise it'll just regen if stays unclaimed.

But here, I'll show you the real problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ8_ntoeKEE&fmt=22 (HD)
 Cerberus.Excelior
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-30 19:37:22
Link | Citer | R

Damn and I thought my relic trials were bad. Feel sorry for you soul flayer/gnat guys. My worst was 1500 catas on undead.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-06-30 19:41:18
Link | Citer | R

fireday fire weather aquan mobs feels like the worst.
 Shiva.Steo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Steo
By Shiva.Steo 2010-06-30 20:35:04
Link | Citer | R

OMG Tiger lol, I knew this would be hard, but wtf XD

My friend is just finishing up the 600 skellies so that trial is next for him. Im gonna help him out on it.

Luckily theres a NIN in our ls that also needs Apkallu's for Katana trial, so do you think 2 PUP/DNC's and 1 NIN/DNC would be able to control zone?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-30 20:39:27
Link | Citer | R

For about 200 kills or so, then they'll start resisting damage as well, you'll have problems outkilling the repops.
 Shiva.Steo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Steo
By Shiva.Steo 2010-06-30 20:41:20
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
For about 200 kills or so, then they'll start resisting damage as well, you'll have problems outkilling the repops.

So probably best to do this trial in stages of 150-200, instead of grind killing?