Good DNC Subjobs?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Good DNC subjobs?
Good DNC subjobs?
First Page 2 3
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-03 07:30:55
Link | Citer | R

OK so after i hit 70WHM and defeat maat (which i hope soon) i plan on starting up DNC

I was wondering what subjobs are good for DNC (besides NIN) and what type of weapons to use for each level or so. I already have a throwing weapon for her (the rare/ex that dropped from undead) that i can use for a while til her AF throwing weapon.

also what stats would a Mithra DNC need the most on armor?
 Kujata.Argettio
Serveur: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-03 07:47:23
Link | Citer | R

/NIN from 20-24+

Other than that, in the very low lvls MNK or WAR is ok for Dunes party and maybe WHM for soloing (dia should increase kill speed).

As for gear, pretty much the same as any DD, accuracy. Maybe some CHR for cures, but that's not the end of the world until later levels
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
Serveur: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-03-03 07:51:24
Link | Citer | R

H2H before 20
Merc/Windy/Federation Knife at 20+
Merc/Windy/Federation Kukri at 30+
Bone Knife at 46
Darksteel Kukri at 59
Behemoth Knife +1 at 70, will last you until you get gil for nice things.

Stats are ACC when applicable, DEX, STR and I swapped in CHR for waltzes. Mind you this is the lower levels, in the upper levels things are different.

Would sub WAR or MNK or something pre20, then NIN for the rest of the time. SAM's okay, DRG is okay (latent level 30 earring)... dunno, I went NIN all the way really.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-03 07:51:24
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
OK so after i hit 70WHM and defeat maat (which i hope soon) i plan on starting up DNC

I was wondering what subjobs are good for DNC (besides NIN) and what type of weapons to use for each level or so. I already have a throwing weapon for her (the rare/ex that dropped from undead) that i can use for a while til her AF throwing weapon.

also what stats would a Mithra DNC need the most on armor?
Argettio already answered the sub question.

Daggers for weapons while leveling. It's pretty straightforward.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Dancer:_Guide_to_Weapons_and_Armor will give you a base to work from.

ACC is pretty important.

Edit: I did /WAR instead of /MNK for the first 20 levels. I cannot stand h2h weapons. That's me personally though.
 Titan.Marzbarz
Serveur: Titan
user: MarzBarz
By Titan.Marzbarz 2010-03-03 07:54:40
Link | Citer | R

I did /WAR as well up 'till lvl 20.
Then /NIN.

Edit: Lol oh as for gear.. as everyone has said so far ACC and maybe some CHR for cures.
 Siren.Narayan
Serveur: Siren
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2010-03-03 12:21:12
Link | Citer | R

I did /mnk until dual wield accu daggers at 24 with /nin and did that all the way. Other subs are fun to play with but pretty much punch ***until you can stab it. Accu prolly dnc most important trait with chr being available for cures.

If you're doing this just for 37 you can solo it all. Worms are available in past and present pretty much whole way. If you want 50 from 30ish can just spam past colibri in a party until 50 lol

I <3 DNC something new every 5 levels to play with
 Seraph.Yuzuchan
Serveur: Seraph
user: Yuzuchan
By Seraph.Yuzuchan 2010-03-03 12:31:09
Link | Citer | R

Pre 20 I was using /mnk.

20-60 I used /nin.

After that, it really depended on what the party setup was. If there was another healer I opted for /sam to WS more frequently and whatnot. I also found myself using /sam in campaign battles a lot :D

There were a few parties I was the main healer in, so /nin for those ones.

Acc is a dancer's best friend no matter what race you're playing. No tp, no cures... useless ;;
 Hades.Ruhjuh
Serveur: Hades
user: Ruhjuh
By Hades.Ruhjuh 2010-03-03 13:00:02
Link | Citer | R

1-20/24 MNK
24-75 NIN
Although it might cost some gil to get utsusemi: ni but the shadows help a lot for ***that hits hard, as far as gear, Acc > Haste> Attk. and macro in +% to walts > then finally chr.

Some people might say Mnk or Sam from 1-75 but overall this will slow u down b/c the low D class of h2h, and as far as Sam, looks good on paper, but the loss of the chance to off hand Joytoy and no shadows hurts for the high hate youll get from curing for 650+.
 Fairy.Chrisstreb
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Chrisstreb 2010-03-03 14:13:49
Link | Citer | R

Most people with Dancer use NIN almost exclusivly, though I know some that have used /SAM (campaign mainly) and /THF on some occasions. Pre Lv.20, until Drain Samba @Lv.5, go /WHM or /BLU, then after that MNK til 20, then swap to daggers and dual-wield @Lv.20
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-03 14:35:46
Link | Citer | R

when going /nin 20+, what ninja stuff would i use besides utsusemi x.x especially since the scrolls are going for 90k+ on most servers. I mean yeah i could just quest the scroll but it's tempting not to give up the scroll for cash (or was it 300k+ i dun remember anymore)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-03 14:37:19
Link | Citer | R

Monomi and Tonko
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-03 14:38:45
Link | Citer | R

Utsusemi: Ichi/Ni
Tonko: Ni
Momoni: Ichi

The only spells I have.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-03 14:40:46
Link | Citer | R

but are those two really worth it when you get Spectral Jig at 25?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-03 14:42:40
Link | Citer | R

Yes, they last much much longer and you can use them together w/ chocobo jig.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-03 14:44:49
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Yes, they last much much longer and you can use them together w/ chocobo jig.
This and the fact that they're useful for other jobs. Odds are you'd end up buying them eventually if you sell them now.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-03 14:47:55
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odds are you'd end up buying them eventually if you sell them now.
lol i know it'll happen (but it's still tempting)

i'll take your guys' advice tho (the scrolls aren't too expensive compared to Utsusemi lol)
 Seraph.Chasuro
user: Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-03-03 15:19:00
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:

The only spells I have.

I was told anything else as nin subjob is pointless as your skill isnt high enough to really land the spells. Not to mention, DNC has all it needs, what it gets from NIN is Utsusemi and dual wield. Sure tonk and monomi is nice, longer than spectral.
 Seraph.Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-03-03 15:20:09
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

i'll take your guys' advice tho (the scrolls aren't too expensive compared to Utsusemi lol)

You should get Ni from BCNM40's. UO and RJ.

Gear:

Yeah acc and store tp is important and helpfull sure, but DNC's main attributes is CHR and VIT I believe.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-03 15:29:19
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Chasuro said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

You should get Ni from BCNM40's. UO and RJ.

Gear:

Yeah acc and store tp is important and helpfull sure, but DNC's main attributes is CHR and VIT I believe.
Sure, if you're waltzing. Macros ftw.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-03 15:33:57
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Chasuro said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

The only spells I have.

I was told anything else as nin subjob is pointless as your skill isnt high enough to really land the spells. Not to mention, DNC has all it needs, what it gets from NIN is Utsusemi and dual wield. Sure tonk and monomi is nice, longer than spectral.
Can still generate hate from them, but cast too slow for my taste. Maybe if got the ni versions of some of them (mainly the debuffs rather than the elemental spells)
 Seraph.Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-03-03 15:38:20
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sure, if you're waltzing. Macros ftw.

Yeah good point. Id say Eva and Acc, then CHR and Vit for Waltzes.

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Can still generate hate from them, but cast too slow for my taste. Maybe if got the ni versions of some of them (mainly the debuffs rather than the elemental spells)

Well DNC has their own hate tools. Waltzes, Fluorishes. But hey, thats good to think about. DNC hate tools arent the greatest.
 Remora.Ninian
Serveur: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-03-03 23:56:20
Link | Citer | R

There's no reason to worry about Evasion gear pre-75, and even then it's only for soloing/utsu:ichi macro/oh-***I pulled hate wtf macro.

ACC > DEX > STR for low-level TPing
CHR > VIT for waltzes, and of course potency where applicable.

Real levels Haste/Accuracy are key, Store TP is nice, double attack is nice, misc. stats are nice... blah blah.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-03-04 00:38:51
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Chasuro said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

The only spells I have.

I somewhat routinely land Slow and Blind, which really helps.. It's not the best rate in the world, but it DOES help, and to me it's worth trying for.. This is on T and VT btw, which getting shadows off can be the deciding factor between living and dying.. (I'm currently 10k from 73, so I don't have NI quite yet) There is another way to pretty much guarentee you get them off, which is to stun the mob and cast shadows right afterwards, but sometimes the mob won't stay stunned long enough for the cast to go off, and in that case, the blind and slow usually is enough to let them get off where as otherwise, they would be interupted, not to mention the shadows will last longer overall as well.

Tonko, Monomi, and Utsesumi are must haves, the rest is up to you and your play style...

As for gear, I'm geared more towards Attack, Accuracy and Evasion, I swap in DEX/CHR gear for weapon skills. I don't swap in any gear for curing though.. My EXP on DNC comes from either duoing with a friend with him on THF (he tanks) doing pages, or i do Campaign Battles, don't really end up curing enough to worry about getting the most from my cures.

The way I see it, if I'm in a situation where I need the extra help with my cures, I'm probably not going to be living too long anyways... Lol..
 Fairy.Chrisstreb
By Fairy.Chrisstreb 2010-03-05 16:38:46
Link | Citer | R

I never really bothered with the other NIN Ninjutsus aside from Tonko/Monomi/Utusemi as DNC. Though if you were trying to tank as DNC, i could see the use of the Enfeebling Ninjutsus to help keep hate, irregardless if they land or not

As for gear: I tend to focus on Accuracy and DEX mainly, then Attack and STR+, I have a Haste build as well if I feel I'm set in Attack or Accuracy (mainly if I'm getting buffs like Madrigal/Minuet from a BRD). For Waltzs, Cure Potency -> CHR -> VIT (for curing yourself) should be your priority.

As it was already mentioned earlier, an Evasion Set isn't necessary, its nice to have if you're in trouble (pull hate), or if you're soloing
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [99 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Killercat
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Killercat 2010-06-12 09:47:09
Link | Citer | R

Acc/Dex is what you really need, since the bad rating on "main weapon" (daggers). CHR will give 1HP / chr on Curing Waltz IV(!), so its pretty much pointless to build CHR. If you have nothing better for a certain slot, go for it.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-12 10:12:43
Link | Citer | R

Necrooooooobuuuump

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tristean
Serveur: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-06-21 19:45:14
Link | Citer | R

I'm personally looking forward to testing out DNC/WAR tanking now.
By Xairu 2010-06-21 21:51:02
Link | Citer | R

I'm in total agreement with DNC/WAR. As I'm only DNC60, alot of my ls mates at DNC75 seem to think DNC/SAM will be godlike, maybe so.. but imo for parties I don't use WS too much if ever because I save my TP for curing so I believe Double Attack from /WAR would be most beneficial.. at least until endgame.
First Page 2 3