Good DNC Subjobs?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Good DNC subjobs?
Good DNC subjobs?
 Kujata.Daus
Serveur: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-06-21 21:59:15
Link | Citer | R

gonna try my 66 dnc/whm in campaign whenever Im done lvling my other jobs to 80..............dual weild+reraise+aspir samba+ outside pt cures and waltz.....should be much easier to exp.
 Bismarck.Killercat
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Killercat 2010-06-23 10:37:57
Link | Citer | R

Yea with /war and Double Attack you get high dmg and good TP goes up like crazy even without sabre Dance. /sam is more like for (H)NM when you do skillchains.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-06-23 11:27:47
Link | Citer | R

/SAM is hot, even pre-sekkanoki. Tried and tested in a high speed bird meripo with myself as main heal. Very potent. It'll be amazing for events that require serious Jesus cures in and outside of the party.
 Siren.Krystale
Serveur: Siren
user: vaness
By Siren.Krystale 2010-06-23 11:32:39
Link | Citer | R

I think I will do DNC/SAM from now on since we got dual wield xD
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-06-23 11:37:29
Link | Citer | R

DNCers everywhere nutted at the announcement of their own DW trait. Thank god no more having to dnc/nin only. This also means thf/dnc is very possible in campaign without losing a dagger, still lose shadows tho ; ;
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-06-23 11:42:56
Link | Citer | R

Thf/dnc at 80 will be neat to give haste samba to reject parties in like dynamis. :3
 Siren.Krystale
user: vaness
By Siren.Krystale 2010-06-23 11:45:00
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Thf/dnc at 80 will be neat to give haste samba to reject parties in like dynamis. :3
lol'd but true sadly..
 Alexander.Gib
Serveur: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2010-06-23 11:58:09
Link | Citer | R

I was busting out the /SAM in MMM last night and it's fantastic, with no foot rise merits and meditate you can get like 120 in like 5 seconds

only problem is, you can't Seigan if you don't have a 2 Handed Weapon, so if S' Starts hitting the fan and you have to do some mega cure bombing you can really screw yourself over.

So if you do /SAM Fan Dance is strongly recommended
 Asura.Flufferkins
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-06-23 12:49:36
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:

It would be haste samba at 90/DNC45....

Side note, Why "reject" parties? Haste samba is totaled as JA haste. Stacking with Hasso and working in addition to Haste / Haste gear to bring you closer to the total haste cap.

But hey, Different strokes.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-23 13:03:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Flufferkins said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

It would be haste samba at 90/DNC45....

Side note, Why "reject" parties? Haste samba is totaled as JA haste. Stacking with Hasso and working in addition to Haste / Haste gear to bring you closer to the total haste cap.

But hey, Different strokes.
Haste has increasing returns and DNC gets the full power version. Give the DNC to the best party, stick a THF/DNC in the others.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-06-23 13:40:00
Link | Citer | R

@fluff Oh hurr. Thought it was 40, guess I'm on crack. But yeah as night said DNC gets 10% and sub would be just 5%
 Leviathan.Sedda
user: Sedda
By Leviathan.Sedda 2010-06-23 13:45:12
Link | Citer | R

I did dnc/mnk till 40 then nin since but thanks to the updates I would say /blu for some spells if you are soloing /war for parties. After 40 you /sam and /thf are really nice. /nin if you need shadows but after proper merits DNC is a beast without shadows.
 Bismarck.Killercat
By Bismarck.Killercat 2010-06-25 19:48:18
Link | Citer | R

Meditate from /sam gives you 60 TP... sorry but lmao. Ok Store TP might make that up... but

/war with Double Attack give you more than that in 3min! In addition you have Attack Bonus, Defense Bonus, Double Attack, Berserk, Provoke, Warcry,....
You can still darkness SC with Eviscerration -> Pyrric Kleos - and chance for that is very high even without Saber Dance cause of Double Attack. And therefore you are still able to do Waltzes.

Thou Sekkanoki will be awesome for short NM fights.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-25 19:52:07
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Killercat said:
/war with Double Attack give you more than that in 3min!
But Store TP trait alone gives you more TP than Double Attack.
[+]
 Bismarck.Killercat
By Bismarck.Killercat 2010-06-25 19:56:21
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Bismarck.Killercat said:
/war with Double Attack give you more than that in 3min!
But Store TP trait alone gives you more TP than Double Attack.

Lol yea edited that, but you were faster xP
 Phoenix.Degs
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-06-25 20:03:56
Link | Citer | R

solet me ask you guys this, for dnc solo.. would you still use /nin for shadows or would going the route of /war or /sam for tp gain be a better choice.
 Bismarck.Killercat
By Bismarck.Killercat 2010-06-25 20:10:42
Link | Citer | R

For solo, if the mob hits like a truck, /nin might be better ^^
eg on campaign battle mobs I'm really fine without shadows. But on some of the newer NM's shadows are really useful
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-06-26 11:43:57
Link | Citer | R

I've been playing as DNC/WAR since the update and so far i've had no problems. For those times when shadows may have saved my *** I just throw up Defender instead.
 Bismarck.Killercat
By Bismarck.Killercat 2010-06-29 04:06:37
Link | Citer | R

Tested both /war and /sam on DNC80 now.

For me, I like /war better then /sam. TP Gain is almost the same. Sekkanoki isn't that useful on DNC as I thought. DNC is limited to darkness skillchains (in solo means). And this I can do without Sekkanoki.

/war has imho more options to make DNC a very flexible and decent DD/Support-heal job.
 Asura.Tristean
Serveur: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-06-29 04:27:47
Link | Citer | R

I still prefer /nin even at 80. I like to toss out divine waltz II whenever some big AOE happens and I grab instant hate.

Say for instance you're fighting clionids in abyssea and your RDM dies(happened to me true story). You gotta keep the party alive. Clionids have a big AOE move that causes ~400 damage to each party member in range and they tend to spam it for some reason the more and more you fight them. It's much more tp efficient to divine waltz II than curing waltz III everyone.

If you were DNC/WAR or DNC/SAM, your fan dance would be gone pretty fast seeing as they're DC to T even at 80.

I like healing more on DNC than DDing so maybe it's just me who gets hate easily. I just feel better knowing I won't get messed up for throwing out the big cures. Just how I play DNC and I dont really get complaints.

IDK, DNC is just one of those jobs that everyone has their own way of playing it and still play it well. I'm just very shadow reliant. If I'm soloing, I'd rather have shadows so I can save my TP for WS's(in non-NM situation) and not use it for curing myself. I do like DNC/WAR when I'm meriting and I'm the main heal. Mobs die too fast to really get hit hard^^.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-07-27 13:25:11
Link | Citer | R

auric dagger
anyone tried this piece for DNC?

is it worth it XD
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-27 23:05:54
Link | Citer | R

Long story short, yes if you don't need the acc from a mainhand DEX Kila.
By Asymptotic 2010-07-29 05:44:08
Link | Citer | R

By Asymptotic 2010-07-29 05:45:08
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

And DNC has been around for a lot longer than DEX Kilas, so you shouldn't NEED that acc anyway!

I'll take 5% DW any day.
 Ifrit.Elmodfz
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2010-07-29 06:48:26
Link | Citer | R

My DNC is 70 and before the update it was /NIN for DW and shadows, now I use /THF for the extra evasion/AGI.

Also in my opinion DNC AF and AF2 is basically the gear you need, the stats on those are pretty good, yeh the harness with haste and Scorpion harness are good to have too.

Macros are a DNC best friend lol, have a good set for curing thats stacked with CHR and then a set for TPing in with AGI, DEX and evasion especially if you won't have /NIN for shadows to save your butt.

I'm looking forward to using /SAM when it's high enough to sub, because I can see that being a good combo.

I say just have a play and see what works best for you really. You don't have to play it how others do. It's good fun in campaign too lol.
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-29 07:09:38
Link | Citer | R

Asymptotic said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

And DNC has been around for a lot longer than DEX Kilas, so you shouldn't NEED that acc anyway!

I'll take 5% DW any day.

So because DNC is a 2 year old job, it should never need any new accuracy gear?

That must mean all those WAR wearing E.body are doing it wrong. As e.body was introduced until RotZ.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-07-29 18:12:07
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Argettio said:
Asymptotic said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I'll take 5% DW any day.

So because DNC is a 2 year old job, it should never need any new accuracy gear?

That must mean all those WAR wearing E.body are doing it wrong. As e.body was introduced until RotZ.

No. I'm saying ACC is cheap cheap cheap cheap.
It's easy to get. You should be able to cap accuracy on DNC without Kilas.

5% Dual wield is not something with which you can just pop a pizza or some sushi and run to town. If you're that worried about it, you can offhand a +Acc kila anyway. But since DNC gets a lot of accuracy and has relatively low attack, it might be better to go with a +ATK kila or the additional effect: weakens defense one (if the proc rate is high, I'd say the "weakens defense" one is more in line with a Dancer's usual duties). But hey, trials are easy (albeit time consuming) so you can get both!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [151 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Vraelia
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Vraelia
By Cerberus.Vraelia 2010-12-27 14:09:15
Link | Citer | R

So, what I read in this thread....depending on your playing style....WAR, SAM, NIN and WHM are good jobs to sub to DNC?

And how is Dual Weild better now that DNC now has the ability to DW on their own? So, would that make DNC better with NIN subbed?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-27 14:16:17
Link | Citer | R

depends what DW you have and whatnot.
I think if nin's'd be higher it'd be better to an extent.
i think with dnc's dw it's like just 1 step behind nin but i'm not so sure about it.
dnc/whm seems like a pretty damn good idea lol.
 Siren.Verona
user: Verona
By Siren.Verona 2011-01-21 07:14:05
Link | Citer | R

NIN if you're tanking or taking hate.
SAM if you're not.
WAR if you're not very bright.
WHM if you're special needs.

NIN is a no brainer. It stops you from getting killed and ***.

Unless you have haste buffs from a BRD, most of your damage in abyssea should be coming from weaponskills. The extra TP gain you'd get from /SAM as well as Sekka and Meditate in a solid haste build should have you spamming WSes like they're going out of style. If you have a BRD, I'd just /NIN because you should be attacking fast enough for it to not be worth weaponskilling and you'll probably pull a lot of hate.

With the BRD, you could /WAR but I don't think it's worth it really.

/WHM is just stupid in every way. I understand why people do it, but it's still stupid.