Good DNC Subjobs?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Good DNC subjobs?
Good DNC subjobs?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-21 11:54:54
Link | Citer | R

DNC's DW is higher than /NIN's, so /NIN is a purely defensive subjob. /WAR is better than /SAM for DD (I'm going to assume Verona's still using OA2-4 because I can't think of any other reason WS would be the greater portion of your split) and haste buffs have little to do with it. /SAM is more of a hybrid position where you're trying to maintain TP for supporting but want to DD as well. Meditate and Sekkanoki give you some extra breathing room as far as WSing go while trying to support. Never really used /WHM aside from farming fodder mobs for trials but self-Haste isn't the worst thing you could get from a sub and Erase/na without the godawful recast is nice.
 Siren.Verona
Serveur: Siren
user: Verona
By Siren.Verona 2011-01-21 12:09:12
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I offhand a Parazonium +1 (haven't had the time to +2 it yet). Mainhand a Kila +2 so the more TP my offhand weapon is gaining the better. Have the crit atmas too so I can do comfortably over 2k with Evisceration, not to mention self Darkness. Although I'm usually just /NIN because if I'm supporting on an NM, so samba etc., I dodn't want to pull hate and have my arse handed too me and if I'm tanking, I'm tanking and I'll need the shadows anyway.

The thing with /WHM is that you're chosing the Haste spell over faster kills and survivability. Basically putting all your eggs in one basket and that kind of defeats the point of DNC.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-21 12:11:03
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Verona said:
Yeah, I offhand a Parazonium +1 (haven't had the time to +2 it yet). Mainhand a Kila +2 so the more TP my offhand weapon is gaining the better.
Except that the garbitch DPS of the OA2-4 makes it a terrible DD weapon, especially given all the DA + TA you should have (which take priority over OAX).

Quote:
The thing with /WHM is that you're chosing the Haste spell over faster kills and survivability. Basically putting all your eggs in one basket and that kind of defeats the point of DNC.
Which is why ***is situational and you don't go /WHM to everything, or even most things. That goes without saying.
 Siren.Verona
Serveur: Siren
user: Verona
By Siren.Verona 2011-01-21 13:15:22
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Which is why ***is situational and you don't go /WHM to everything, or even most things. That goes without saying.
Yeah, but my point is I wouldn't go /WHM to anything. The only thing it really gives you access to is Haste and the only reason I can think why you'd want to do that is if you were soloing weak stuff for trials or whatever. I can't say I've tasted the numbers with /WHM vs. /SAM or /WAR for things like that, but I'd be suprised if /WHM came out on top. Even if it did come out on top, I still wouldn't use because, quite frankly, /SAM is much more fun.

As for OAT weapons, the delay isn't really that much of a problem for me. Like I said before, if I'm trying to do as much damage as possible, I'll be /SAM. My WS and TP builds are good enough that I'll be outdamaging most other DDs in my group. Hmm. Maybe I'll parse it and see what kind of damage I'm doing tonight testing /SAM with OAT, without it and /WAR.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-21 14:02:14
Link | Citer | R

/WAR's Berserk will likely outdamage /SAM's STP and Meditate/Sekka if you're meleeburning, because regardless of what people say we always seem to be hard up for Attack. Its Double Attack is a non-issue if you're meritted and playing properly, because it doesn't seem to stack with Saber Dance.

I'll admit that I haven't used /WHM much (or at all). If I was in a situation where I was healing and Haste Sambaing for a party of superior DDs, I'd consider it. Unfortunately, nothing has that much HP anymore, which gimps the usefulness of Haste Samba and pushes us into a mandatory DD role.

/DRG doesn't have a place really.

/DRK is good for an awesome looking Evisceration, but +150 damage is hardly worth -10% HP. Last Resort sucks. Maybe use it on fights where you really need a more accurate Stun?

/NIN is for solo or tanking. Getting hit costs you TP and potentially causes you to drop Saber Dance when you are solo. /NIN is the solution to getting hit.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-21 14:49:20
Link | Citer | R

/sam allows you to self double darkness: pk, evis, darkness, rudra, darkness
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-21 14:53:18
Link | Citer | R

More importantly, it lets you close with a 300TP Striking Flourish'd Rudra's!

Sekka -> Evisceration -> Reverse Flourish (AF3+2 hands) -> No Foot Rise -> Striking Flourish -> Rudra's Storm
[+]