A question for Veggeto
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Shambo
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shambo
By Asura.Shambo 2009-12-14 10:00:16
Link | Citer | R

I need to know from U, what job do you think can win more in a one on one fight Drk or Sam in(pvp) I need to know striaght from u thanks, Big Black

wow i spelt your name wrong. wow just wow. :\
 Fairy.Tbest
Serveur: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-12-14 10:10:03
Link | Citer | R

Yeah... 1 G, 2 T. :P
 Valefor.Ghuda
Serveur: Valefor
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-12-14 10:16:50
Link | Citer | R

Sam

End of story

Even though i'm a full time loldrk i have to say that Sam pretty much pwns every other job for pure killing ***.

throw in /dnc and your really fighting above your weight class.

Souleater is kick arse but solo with no backup healing you're just an'hero'ing
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-12-14 10:21:29
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ghuda said:
Sam End of story Even though i'm a full time loldrk i have to say that Sam pretty much pwns every other job for pure killing ***. throw in /dnc and your really fighting above your weight class. Souleater is kick arse but solo with no backup healing you're just an'hero'ing

end of story? DRK is a SAMs worst nightmare in PvP, especially a SAM/DNC. Obviously never done PvP.

I'd like to see a SAM stand up to DRK when they are bound to the spot and had there TP drained away.
[+]
 Valefor.Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-12-14 10:28:27
Link | Citer | R

IMO third eye is the reason, throw in the delay for gs or scythe compaired to a gk.

sam 2 hour is also > drks.

In a one on one sam/whatever vs drk/whatever sam will win.

Even if the loldrk is /sam third eye isnt gonna do a whole lot against a sam who is two houring, /nin is in the same boat

All IMO of course
[+]
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-12-14 10:29:47
Link | Citer | R

2 hours in PvP is gay.
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
Serveur: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-12-14 10:31:02
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ghuda said:
IMO third eye is the reason, throw in the delay for gs or scythe compaired to a gk.

sam 2 hour is also > drks.

In a one on one sam/whatever vs drk/whatever sam will win.

Even if the loldrk is /sam third eye isnt gonna do a whole lot against a sam who is two houring, /nin is in the same boat

All IMO of course

You missing the point, DRK has a range of enfeebles that prevent SAM ever getting to the DRK.

PVP is far more than standing toe to toe and 2hring.
[+]
 Hades.Dizzmal
Serveur: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-12-14 10:32:34
Link | Citer | R

Well if the drk can get bind off and be cheap like that to bind solo a Sam, yes the drk will have the upperhand.

But if it was a staight up fight, the sam will have the advantage due to having the first WS on the drk that will most likely silence the DRK.

Now if you put Sam/Rng with a soboro.. drk is just flat out screwed in PvP. Sam/rng is pretty much broken when it comes to kiting and Ranged on PvP
[+]
 Bahamut.Dracondria
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-12-14 10:33:24
Link | Citer | R

I'd say DRK and SAM are pretty even in the long run and it depends a lot on the player. Dread Spikes, Third Eye, enfeebles makes it easier for the DRK but SAMs getting TP fast can be a real pain in the ***.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-12-14 10:35:15
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Dizzmal said:
Well if the drk can get bind off and be cheap like that to bind solo a Sam, yes the drk will have the upperhand.

But if it was a staight up fight, the sam will have the advantage due to having the first WS on the drk that will most likely silence the DRK.

Now if you put Sam/Rng with a soboro.. drk is just flat out screwed in PvP. Sam/rng is pretty much broken when it comes to kiting and Ranged on PvP

/RNG is pretty bad though, leaves you really open to magic and weapon skills compared to /NIN and relying on third eye/shadows.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-12-14 10:37:41
Link | Citer | R

I can see why you would say that, SAM would win at least 1 round with 2 hour, but after that is used an experienced PvP DRK will win the rest. Saying that, bind (poisonga first if shadows), drain II in quick succession followed by a souleater WS will 1 shot a SAM, and thats not a 2hr.

Delay does not really come into it seeing as you only use one gear set and the battles are rarely long enough for it to have much of an effect.

When I done a PvP as a 70DRK against a 75SAM I won 4/5 rounds with the use of bind, drain II and absorb TP, the round I lost was SAM 2hr like you say. If you fulltime DRK like you say you should do some PvPs, it is by far the best suited arena for a DRK.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-12-14 10:39:08
Link | Citer | R

BLU and PLD rape face in PVP though.
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-12-14 10:39:56
Link | Citer | R

I'm not gonna lie drk is nasty in PvP because how dirty they fight. Aside from that its either kraken/appoc drk or bust.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-12-14 10:41:26
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dracondria said:
BLU and PLD rape face in PVP though.
 Valefor.Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-12-14 10:42:12
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
If you fulltime DRK like you say you should do some PvPs, it is by far the best suited arena for a DRK.

I'm an Aussie in a JP timezone, I cant even get a decent party i can understand let alone talk someone into PVP :P

And none of my NA lsmates like pvp :)
 Hades.Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-12-14 10:42:20
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dracondria said:
Hades.Dizzmal said:
Well if the drk can get bind off and be cheap like that to bind solo a Sam, yes the drk will have the upperhand. But if it was a staight up fight, the sam will have the advantage due to having the first WS on the drk that will most likely silence the DRK. Now if you put Sam/Rng with a soboro.. drk is just flat out screwed in PvP. Sam/rng is pretty much broken when it comes to kiting and Ranged on PvP
/RNG is pretty bad though, leaves you really open to magic and weapon skills compared to /NIN and relying on third eye/shadows.

The thing is this is supposed to be Sam Vs Drk. Take in effect that nin sub is worthless for sam (Drks have posionga that will wipe shadows) and third eye will take care of any Ws that Drk can put up. During that time Sam/rng can run around shooting off Ws and running back in to hit the drk enough to get TP again then shoot another WS off. With Barrage + sidewinder... Sam/rng can kill a drk pretty easily.
 Pandemonium.Thanquol
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Thanquol
By Pandemonium.Thanquol 2009-12-14 10:46:00
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Urial said:
I'm not gonna lie drk is nasty in PvP because how dirty they fight.

They are a DRK after all.

Quote from Dark Helmet in Spaceballs:

"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-12-14 10:49:30
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Dizzmal said:
The thing is this is supposed to be Sam Vs Drk. Take in effect that nin sub is worthless for sam (Drks have posionga that will wipe shadows) and third eye will take care of any Ws that Drk can put up. During that time Sam/rng can run around shooting off Ws and running back in to hit the drk enough to get TP again then shoot another WS off. With Barrage sidewinder... Sam/rng can kill a drk pretty easily.

lolwut.

A SAM/RNG would be bound to the spot and chopped to pieces, its not as easy as firing an arrow and running away, have you ever done PvP?

Tell me how you are going to run around firing off arrows in an arena that allows players to sprint, let alone the DRKs enfeebles, no way in hell a SAM/RNG could resist Sleep, Sleep II and Bind in one go.
 Hades.Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-12-14 10:52:58
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Hades.Dizzmal said:
The thing is this is supposed to be Sam Vs Drk. Take in effect that nin sub is worthless for sam (Drks have posionga that will wipe shadows) and third eye will take care of any Ws that Drk can put up. During that time Sam/rng can run around shooting off Ws and running back in to hit the drk enough to get TP again then shoot another WS off. With Barrage sidewinder... Sam/rng can kill a drk pretty easily.
lolwut. A SAM/RNG would be bound to the spot and chopped to pieces, its not as easy as firing an arrow and running away, have you ever done PvP? Tell me how you are going to run around firing off arrows in an arena that allows players to sprint, let alone the DRKs enfeebles, no way in hell a SAM/RNG could resist Sleep, Sleep II and Bind in one go.

lol yes I was one of the top Ballista players when it was big.

Tell me how you think a Drk will get close enough to a Sam/rng to bind when it is getting hit by sidewinder from outside of Casting range
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-12-14 11:05:15
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Dizzmal said:
lol yes I was one of the top Ballista players when it was big. Tell me how you think a Drk will get close enough to a Sam/rng to bind when it is getting hit by sidewinder from outside of Casting range

Oh of course you were, like I am also the president.

By using these things that are attached to the waist called legs.

How exactly is your sidewinder going to even get a hit on a DRK/NIN??? Just put up some shadows, run at you and stun, bind. Not exactly complicated.
 Ragnarok.Sacreddawn
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Sacreddawn 2009-12-14 11:15:48
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Dizzmal said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Hades.Dizzmal said:
lolwut. A SAM/RNG would be bound to the spot and chopped to pieces, its not as easy as firing an arrow and running away, have you ever done PvP? Tell me how you are going to run around firing off arrows in an arena that allows players to sprint, let alone the DRKs enfeebles, no way in hell a SAM/RNG could resist Sleep, Sleep II and Bind in one go.

lol yes I was one of the top Ballista players when it was big.

Tell me how you think a Drk will get close enough to a Sam/rng to bind when it is getting hit by sidewinder from outside of Casting range

Barrage will be pretty much useless against 3 shadows unless of course you are using barrage to drop shadows then ws.

That in itself takes too much time and the drk will just sleep you and absorp-tp you.

Sam/Rng is however quite effective against Drk if the Drk is engaged with another player and his shadows are down and you snipe him with a ws.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-12-14 11:16:03
Link | Citer | R

I love how when it comes to PvPing, jobs using their abilities, like binding other people, sleeping them, etc, is "cheap" and "dishonorable". Seriously, shut the *** up whining. Why is it cheap to use your job's abilities in PvP? Don't PvP if you've got a problem with people using Bind on you.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-14 11:17:24
Link | Citer | R

I'd put my money on Dark any day. They have such a wide range of enfeebles. You can call bind cheap all you want, but it's a drk's natural spell. If you call that cheap, you may as well call the sam using seigan cheap. Bind or sleep and start off with diabolic eye drain II quickly puts the drk at the upperhand. Now, if I were sam, I'd get strategically and wear resist gear for the enfeebles, which then will come down to a game of luck. Toe to Toe, the sam can deal more damage more quickly, but if he can't get around the enfeebles, he doesn't stand a chance.

And to whoever said sam/rng. Sam/rng is garbage. They are easier for me to beat in PvP than sam using any other sub in the book.

I don't care for sam at all in PvP tbh, they're easy targets in official match as far as I'm concerned and they make for an easy gate breach.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sacreddawn
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Sacreddawn 2009-12-14 11:17:44
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
I love how when it comes to PvPing, jobs using their abilities, like binding other people, sleeping them, etc, is "cheap" and "dishonorable". Seriously, shut the *** up whining. Why is it cheap to use your job's abilities in PvP? Don't PvP if you've got a problem with people using Bind on you.

^ This.
[+]
 Hades.Bez
user: BezHades
By Hades.Bez 2009-12-14 11:21:01
Link | Citer | R

Isn't /RNG without Poison Pots just pretty much an open invitation for any DRK/NIN to just walk up to you Bind/Sleep and Drain every single stat/TP out of you? As per the OP specification of a 1 v 1 situation, I'm not sure if he meant full meds/prep-time.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-14 11:23:42
Link | Citer | R

/rng is horrible to begin with. Any sort of defense or dmg mitigation gear, and they're easily doing ***dmg on winders (when they're not whiffing them). In my defense/PDT build on mnk, I get hit with barrage for 200-300 and winder for 300-350ish, if they're lucky.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-14 11:24:42
Link | Citer | R

They also are dumb enough to use winder instead of gekko when I'm mnk/blu and I can easily wipe their third eye w/ one AoE spell because they're too moronic to silence me because of their preference of sidewinder.
[+]
 Hades.Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-12-14 11:34:52
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Hades.Dizzmal said:
lol yes I was one of the top Ballista players when it was big. Tell me how you think a Drk will get close enough to a Sam/rng to bind when it is getting hit by sidewinder from outside of Casting range
Oh of course you were, like I am also the president. By using these things that are attached to the waist called legs. How exactly is your sidewinder going to even get a hit on a DRK/NIN??? Just put up some shadows, run at you and stun, bind. Not exactly complicated.

That is the same way a Sam/rng is effective in PvP. Things like Bind/Sleep ect has casting time. enough time in fact to have time to hti a Ranged WS before it gets off. I'm guessing that either you haven't been against a Sam/rng that had to skill to show you what it can do against most Melee type jobs. Barrage is a 4 hit ability that takes all Shadows against a /nin .. Sidewinder can easily hit 500-600 damage on a drk.

Sam will have 120 Tp @ start. As drk runs to attack/Bind/Sleep, Sam gets off a barrage killing the drks shadows(if/nin) and hitting him for at least 60-100 damage. Sidwinder will put up a good bit of Damage on him making the fight very unfavorable to start off with. Now the Sam can either run up and fight him straight up or sprint off and wait for another meditate to finish the job.

This is coming from a Drk. I have seen this done hundreds of times. Try it against a Sam/rng that knows how to Pvp if you think I'm full of crap.

@ Sag: you can think what you would like, but during a time when there was 20+ ppl @ each level cap of ballista I was one of the top Ballista players on Hades. There is many players on Hades that can vouche for my Ballista skill.

If I had to chose on a 1 Vs 1 job in PvP, Drk wouldn't be it. I am a big fan of Pld/Rdm with atonement on most any kind of job combo when it comes 1 vs 1.
 Hades.Bez
user: BezHades
By Hades.Bez 2009-12-14 11:36:49
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much, it's been a while since I've done anything related to PvP, but any straight 1 vs 1 fight, jobs with natural magic skill tend to win.

If you disqualify meds, the only option a SAM has on a DRK 1v1 is to somehow land Gekko silence before the DRK nails him to the spot with enfeebs. Which in all likelyhood is never going to happen outside of the DRK afking, or getting lucky soboro triple procs to shadow strip whilst having pre-built TP.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-14 11:37:23
Link | Citer | R

Drk/pld. Open w/ flash/sentinel. Gives you enough time to do w/e you want w/o any fear of harm from sam/rng at all.
[+]
First Page 2 3