Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-12-14 11:40:23
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Dizzmal said:
Sam will have 120 Tp @ start.

Absorb-TP says thanks for the TP!

DRK beats SAM in PvP just because magic does so well.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-12-14 11:41:55
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Dizzmal said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Hades.Dizzmal said:
lol yes I was one of the top Ballista players when it was big. Tell me how you think a Drk will get close enough to a Sam/rng to bind when it is getting hit by sidewinder from outside of Casting range
Oh of course you were, like I am also the president. By using these things that are attached to the waist called legs. How exactly is your sidewinder going to even get a hit on a DRK/NIN??? Just put up some shadows, run at you and stun, bind. Not exactly complicated.

That is the same way a Sam/rng is effective in PvP. Things like Bind/Sleep ect has casting time. enough time in fact to have time to hti a Ranged WS before it gets off. I'm guessing that either you haven't been against a Sam/rng that had to skill to show you what it can do against most Melee type jobs. Barrage is a 4 hit ability that takes all Shadows against a /nin .. Sidewinder can easily hit 500-600 damage on a drk.

Sam will have 120 Tp @ start. As drk runs to attack/Bind/Sleep, Sam gets off a barrage killing the drks shadows(if/nin) and hitting him for at least 60-100 damage. Sidwinder will put up a good bit of Damage on him making the fight very unfavorable to start off with. Now the Sam can either run up and fight him straight up or sprint off and wait for another meditate to finish the job.

This is coming from a Drk. I have seen this done hundreds of times. Try it against a Sam/rng that knows how to Pvp if you think I'm full of crap.

@ Sag: you can think what you would like, but during a time when there was 20 ppl @ each level cap of ballista I was one of the top Ballista players on Hades. There is many players on Hades that can vouche for my Ballista skill.

If I had to chose on a 1 Vs 1 job in PvP, Drk wouldn't be it. I am a big fan of Pld/Rdm with atonement on most any kind of job combo when it comes 1 vs 1.

Well imo SAM using meditate and starting off with TP is cheating.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-14 11:42:13
Link | Citer | R

It's not a 100% thing, as strategy comes into play as well as resist gear, but more often than now the drk will win, in my book. Only reason I can still take them down despite all that ***on mnk is simply because I have so much more hp than them. (and even then I'd say it's the toughest melee job to fight for me).
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-14 11:43:12
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Hades.Dizzmal said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Hades.Dizzmal said:
lol yes I was one of the top Ballista players when it was big. Tell me how you think a Drk will get close enough to a Sam/rng to bind when it is getting hit by sidewinder from outside of Casting range
Oh of course you were, like I am also the president. By using these things that are attached to the waist called legs. How exactly is your sidewinder going to even get a hit on a DRK/NIN??? Just put up some shadows, run at you and stun, bind. Not exactly complicated.

That is the same way a Sam/rng is effective in PvP. Things like Bind/Sleep ect has casting time. enough time in fact to have time to hti a Ranged WS before it gets off. I'm guessing that either you haven't been against a Sam/rng that had to skill to show you what it can do against most Melee type jobs. Barrage is a 4 hit ability that takes all Shadows against a /nin .. Sidewinder can easily hit 500-600 damage on a drk.

Sam will have 120 Tp @ start. As drk runs to attack/Bind/Sleep, Sam gets off a barrage killing the drks shadows(if/nin) and hitting him for at least 60-100 damage. Sidwinder will put up a good bit of Damage on him making the fight very unfavorable to start off with. Now the Sam can either run up and fight him straight up or sprint off and wait for another meditate to finish the job.

This is coming from a Drk. I have seen this done hundreds of times. Try it against a Sam/rng that knows how to Pvp if you think I'm full of crap.

@ Sag: you can think what you would like, but during a time when there was 20 ppl @ each level cap of ballista I was one of the top Ballista players on Hades. There is many players on Hades that can vouche for my Ballista skill.

If I had to chose on a 1 Vs 1 job in PvP, Drk wouldn't be it. I am a big fan of Pld/Rdm with atonement on most any kind of job combo when it comes 1 vs 1.

Depends on how you set the rules. Some like to prebuff and other's don't, but if it's not agreed on with both sides, then I call it unfair.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-12-14 11:44:30
Link | Citer | R

Also, DRK taking damage? Drains are wonderfully damaging and replenish a LOT of HP in PvP standards at the same time. Bind/Sleep/Sleep II for crowd control, and Stun/Weapon Bash for Stuns and if you want to WS (try using Third Eye when stunned)!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-12-14 11:44:49
Link | Citer | R

I think Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodum's comment was sarcasm.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-14 11:46:57
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Also, DRK taking damage? Drains are wonderfully damaging and replenish a LOT of HP in PvP standards at the same time. Bind/Sleep/Sleep II for crowd control, and Stun/Weapon Bash for Stuns and if you want to WS (try using Third Eye when stunned)!
The reason I love my mnk's HP :). That's the main threat to me tbh when it comes to fighting drks, them *** drains. As far as dread spikes, I usually just hit sprint and run the other direction for a few seconds until they wear off.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-12-14 11:50:31
Link | Citer | R

Why can't they give DRK Gravity :( would make things much easier! Hate people who are intelligent enough to not hit my spikes.

And yeah, bloody MNKs <_< it always turns into a battle of attrition which you win :(
 Hades.Bez
Serveur: Hades
user: BezHades
By Hades.Bez 2009-12-14 11:51:40
Link | Citer | R

The whole Barrage~> WS thing is kinda dependent in 1v1 on two/three things also on top of the "having 120TP at the start while the DRK gets no prep"...

1. You are fighting a crash-test dummy in DRK armour that is incapable of reacting to anything you do and will just stand there.

2. Ranged attacks interupt casting in PvP unlike in the rest of the game (Honestly I dont know, can someone who does enlighten me?)

3. The DRK crash-test dummy starts at 700 HP and you start with 100+TP so instant Sidewinder after Barrage kills him outright so he cant Drain 1/2 it all back from your bound, helpless self.

PLD/RDM being able to paste DRK (read: everything)in PvP isn't really going to help a SAM vs a DRK, which is the question posed.
 Fenrir.Shindo
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-12-14 11:56:21
Link | Citer | R

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned using sleep/kabura arrows.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: zeldageek
By Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek 2009-12-14 11:57:06
Link | Citer | R

MNK/PLD are my favorite DD to fight in pvp as BLU/PLD

They actually pose a challenge :o
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-14 11:57:28
Link | Citer | R

Those suck actually. Very unlike sleep bolts from rng, I've seen those sleep arrows from sam get resisted many a time and the times they do land, they have a very short longevity. Though the para arrows do work well.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-12-14 11:58:24
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Dizzmal said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Hades.Dizzmal said:
That is the same way a Sam/rng is effective in PvP. Things like Bind/Sleep ect has casting time. enough time in fact to have time to hti a Ranged WS before it gets off. I'm guessing that either you haven't been against a Sam/rng that had to skill to show you what it can do against most Melee type jobs. Barrage is a 4 hit ability that takes all Shadows against a /nin .. Sidewinder can easily hit 500-600 damage on a drk. Sam will have 120 Tp @ start. As drk runs to attack/Bind/Sleep, Sam gets off a barrage killing the drks shadows(if/nin) and hitting him for at least 60-100 damage. Sidwinder will put up a good bit of Damage on him making the fight very unfavorable to start off with. Now the Sam can either run up and fight him straight up or sprint off and wait for another meditate to finish the job. This is coming from a Drk. I have seen this done hundreds of times. Try it against a Sam/rng that knows how to Pvp if you think I'm full of crap. @ Sag: you can think what you would like, but during a time when there was 20 ppl @ each level cap of ballista I was one of the top Ballista players on Hades. There is many players on Hades that can vouche for my Ballista skill. If I had to chose on a 1 Vs 1 job in PvP, Drk wouldn't be it. I am a big fan of Pld/Rdm with atonement on most any kind of job combo when it comes 1 vs 1.
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Drk/pld. Open w/ flash/sentinel. Gives you enough time to do w/e you want w/o any fear of harm from sam/rng at all.

For once I agree with Veg.

Yes you read that correct lol.

Dizzmal in a 1 on 1 you might be able to get one WS off then run away like a coward if your against a sluggish opponent, any player worth his salt would shut you down and rape you very quickly.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-14 11:59:01
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek said:
MNK/PLD are my favorite DD to fight in pvp as BLU/PLD

They actually pose a challenge :o
I do better on mnk/blu to mnk/pld vs blu. I only use /pld vs drg, rng, drk and maybe one or two other jobs.
 Hades.Dizzmal
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-12-14 12:02:48
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Hades.Dizzmal said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Hades.Dizzmal said:
That is the same way a Sam/rng is effective in PvP. Things like Bind/Sleep ect has casting time. enough time in fact to have time to hti a Ranged WS before it gets off. I'm guessing that either you haven't been against a Sam/rng that had to skill to show you what it can do against most Melee type jobs. Barrage is a 4 hit ability that takes all Shadows against a /nin .. Sidewinder can easily hit 500-600 damage on a drk. Sam will have 120 Tp @ start. As drk runs to attack/Bind/Sleep, Sam gets off a barrage killing the drks shadows(if/nin) and hitting him for at least 60-100 damage. Sidwinder will put up a good bit of Damage on him making the fight very unfavorable to start off with. Now the Sam can either run up and fight him straight up or sprint off and wait for another meditate to finish the job. This is coming from a Drk. I have seen this done hundreds of times. Try it against a Sam/rng that knows how to Pvp if you think I'm full of crap. @ Sag: you can think what you would like, but during a time when there was 20 ppl @ each level cap of ballista I was one of the top Ballista players on Hades. There is many players on Hades that can vouche for my Ballista skill. If I had to chose on a 1 Vs 1 job in PvP, Drk wouldn't be it. I am a big fan of Pld/Rdm with atonement on most any kind of job combo when it comes 1 vs 1.

I think that I have been mistunderstood on the whole bind thing. If the only way you can find to win is to bind and kite around, I don't belive that is fair.
I'm not saying that certain stuff is not fair because 1 job can do it and the other can not. That goes with knowing your ememies strengths and weakness and matching the best job combo. Sam/rng is one of the easiest melee jobs to Kite while doing good damage against other DDs. I don't even have Sam leveled, I have seen this done in many offical matches.

The thing with Drk vs Sam is that the best subjob wouldn't be /rng. It would have to be either /nin or /Dnc. The thing that would kill Drk would be recast timers. The drks timing would have to be dead on for it to kill the Sam quickly.

With Sam/nin the drk would have to poionga> Bind then attack( Sleep wont work now because of poison.) by the time he starts casting absorb spells the Sam can get shadows back up again. Then the drk will have to repeat the -ga process in order to land some Enfeebs. Bind has a 40 sec recast.

I'll edit this post when I get back to work.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-14 12:07:25
Link | Citer | R

Weapon bash or stun, easily enough time to get bind off. Poisonga > stun > bind. If you're losing to sams on a regular basis as drk, then you should practice some more. Sam is seriously one of the easiest dd jobs to take out.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-12-14 12:13:39
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Weapon bash or stun, easily enough time to get bind off. Poisonga > stun > bind. If you're losing to sams on a regular basis as drk, then you should practice some more. Sam is seriously one of the easiest dd jobs to take out.

Second this, you can even neutralise a SAM 2hr if you are quick enough of the mark with stun and/or weapon bash.
[+]
 Unicorn.Dulcinea
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Dulcinea 2009-12-14 12:21:27
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Thanquol said:
Quote from Dark Helmet in Spaceballs:

"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

I have nothing helpful to say in this thread, but:

SPACEBALLS FTW!! ^^

"No, sir... I didn't see you playing with your dolls again."
 Hades.Bez
user: BezHades
By Hades.Bez 2009-12-14 12:58:50
Link | Citer | R

Going by Spaceballs logic, SAM is even more trouble since they can't use the Schwartz..Lance. That and Crimson Legs let DRK move at "Ludicrous Speed"
 Fenrir.Retin
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jeniffer
By Fenrir.Retin 2009-12-14 13:07:14
Link | Citer | R

Look up Sakaio and Darhell on youtube. They were both awesome 1v1 PvP drk/rdms. They both played dirty as ***, but they got the job done. Sakaio and I were 50/50 win/lose drk/rdm vs blu/rdm. He also beat my rdm/blu before. drks can be so god damn dirty in ballista 1v1 it's wicked sick. If your sam is winning with ease, then the problem lies with the drk. drk/rdm>drk/sam
 Unicorn.Dulcinea
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Dulcinea 2009-12-14 13:13:51
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Bez said:
Going by Spaceballs logic, SAM is even more trouble since they can't use the Schwartz..Lance. That and Crimson Legs let DRK move at "Ludicrous Speed"

I laughed so hard just then. I had forgotten about "ludicrous speed."

"May da Schwartz be wit'choo!"
 Asura.Shambo
Serveur: Asura
user: Shambo
By Asura.Shambo 2009-12-14 14:06:09
Link | Citer | R

yeeeeahhh Drk/Pld!
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-12-14 14:27:21
Link | Citer | R

Just out of sheer curiosity, why is this question direct towards vegetto specifically?
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 14:28:03
Link | Citer | R

God sams go down like a pile of bricks in pvp
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-14 14:36:29
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Just out of sheer curiosity, why is this question direct towards vegetto specifically?
I'd assume because it's pretty well known that it's a hobbie of mine and I did ballista for a long long time (before it died out on fairy)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Titox
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2009-12-14 14:45:09
Link | Citer | R

i pvp as sam/blu + i bring all my enfeebles arrows(para sleep and silence) + with /blu i can take out shadows instantly + cocoon + stoneskin + poison potion....i doubt drk have much a chance since have no protection against a sam who can take instant shadows and silence them with WS and arrows or sleep or para them from a far

if is one on one then best job would be pld/rdm with atonement it goes through shadows and third eye...and never miss....

for some reason i never see on pvp sam using archery enfeebles arrows....

and Scythe is just too slow to take out third eye in time....and headbutt give knockback effect so make them interrupt their casting even without need of the stun effect

imo sam > drk ready to counter enfeebles like sleep bind...

i don't try sam/rng because i don't have soboro nor /dnc in ballista...i just go /blu only

fighting a blu or/and pld/rdm with atonement and joyeuse on ballista...is the worst nightmare 1 on 1 lol
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-14 15:04:21
Link | Citer | R

@ poison potion. Not in 1 on 1 rly. Skill vs skill with the gear/jobs you have. Once you bring external items into it. It's not who'se better, it just becomes who feels like spending the most money to win.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-14 15:07:05
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
@ poison potion. Not in 1 on 1 rly. Skill vs skill with the gear/jobs you have. Once you bring external items into it. It's not who'se better, it just becomes who feels like spending the most money to win.
See that's how I feel but lots of people don't seem to get that. Had one guy who would just dig till he got revits and use sam 2hr on me everytime. Not like it helped since I was on blu /random job lol
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-12-14 15:13:07
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
See that's how I feel but lots of people don't seem to get that. Had one guy who would just dig till he got revits and use sam 2hr on me everytime. Not like it helped since I was on blu /random job lol

Its a well known gentlemans rule that there are no items used in 1 on 1 PvP.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-14 15:13:19
Link | Citer | R

Official match, fair game. Do what you do to score the petra ect. 1 vs 1, doesn't prove anything, except that you needed the help of additional items to still get your *** whopped.