Asura.Disclai
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-06-01 20:32:47
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
ok, so the weapons are kinda mediocre unless the WSs are great

More or less. Which is why it's frustrating that tier 3 (where we can try WSes in Sortie) is gated behind such steep gallimaufry cost.

Invest in a weapon whose WS ends up sucking? Oh well.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-06-01 20:58:36
Link | Citer | R

Even if the weaponskill is stupid good (it won't be unless they jury rig and break something due to popular discontent atm), Prime is just a myth to obtain like Yagyu Darkblade. Sure 100 people out of 10,000 over 2 years will have one, but's that's still 1% and I'm not part of that 1%. Increase that to 10, 15, 20, 25% and I'm still not interested.

Basing a yearlong rollout content/system/objectives/rewards in a game to only 1% of your population is ridiculously shortsighted and foolish.
[+]
By Seun 2023-06-01 20:59:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Disclai said: »
ok, so the weapons are kinda mediocre unless the WSs are great

More or less. Which is why it's frustrating that tier 3 (where we can try WSes in Sortie) is gated behind such steep gallimaufry cost.

Invest in a weapon whose WS ends up sucking? Oh well.

At least we're not locked into progression on a single weapon once it's started. That said, there no guarantee for future stages.

It could be a good thing if SE required galli earned while the stage 3 is equipped, rather than spending it. You could use it for armor or to start another weapon which is good. Downside obviously being locked to a job that can equip the weapon you are progressing.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2023-06-01 21:09:44
Link | Citer | R

Idiot Boy said: »
ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Anything less than 6 million to fully upgrade to 5 would mean completing all 16 Prime Weapons would cost less than 100 million, in which case why have the cap at all?
I realize I have a pretty crippling lack of context here, but I saw the before and after cap values and just assumed the second cap was the "we don't expect you to hit this" variety.

You may still be right and these do definitely seem like a grind, but I don't think we can use that second cap as anything other than "the code says we have to have a cap somewhere so let's make it completely ridiculous"

It would be one thing if it were straight 9s or some other obvious overflow buffer but 100 mil is intentional, yeah?
By ScaevolaBahamut 2023-06-01 21:30:06
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Primex said: »
you guys kinda convinced to go quit again with how you've all described sortie. I haven't tried it yet. But it sounds like reading compliance and audit reports will be more fun.

Sortie's not terrible but the problem is there's not a thing on God's Green Earth that's fun to do for an hour a day every day for several years
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-06-01 21:53:10
Link | Citer | R

I've probably farmed multiple RMEAs worth of currency from the intended events (Salvage, revamped Dynamis, Voidwatch) at this point, so I can't really claim that.

However, I'm not so enamored of the idea of having a 7th RMEA dagger, which it looks like I'd never use, that I'd exactly rush to do this. If I ever get to play again, Empy +3 takes priority.

There are a couple of ways they could have made it better:
1. Naming them Prime weapons instead of whatever D-word they were considering before hurt. We could have switched to talking about DREAM weapons!!
2. Given it Light/Fusion/Impaction/Liquefaction as its skillchain properties so DNC could finally make light
3. idk, make it stronger
4. Make it a great offhand.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-06-01 22:21:52
Link | Citer | R

2. Given it Light/Fusion/Impaction/Liquefaction as its skillchain properties so DNC could finally make light

I was really hoping for this also.
By Meeble 2023-06-01 22:33:29
Link | Citer | R

1. Naming them Prime weapons instead of whatever D-word they were considering before hurt. We could have switched to talking about DREAM weapons!!

You can still use DREAM; It's commonly used to include the Divergence JSE weapons, some of which are absolutely Ultimate weapon material despite being available on the AH.
By Dodik 2023-06-02 06:11:44
Link | Citer | R

Well people are already close to having 1M for upgrades, a bit more than a week into the cap increase.

So give it a couple weeks and the WSs can be tested.

Will majority of players bother with primes? Nah, don't see it.

There is certainly a minority that does Sortie every day, on multiple chars one at a time, and gets 40-50k per run.

I'd rather do daily/every few days Odyssey, DI and whatever else and call it a day.

The content tied to the weapons needs to be fun and engaging with enough carrots for people not doing weapons if they want people to do it.
By Hopalong 2023-06-02 21:26:56
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Well people are already close to having 1M for upgrades, a bit more than a week into the cap increase.

Good lord, they live in another world than me. It is those "cutting edge" players that provide the strategies and info for the rest of us.
By Vaerix 2023-06-02 21:43:22
Link | Citer | R

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Ragnarok.Primex said: »
you guys kinda convinced to go quit again with how you've all described sortie. I haven't tried it yet. But it sounds like reading compliance and audit reports will be more fun.

Sortie's not terrible but the problem is there's not a thing on God's Green Earth that's fun to do for an hour a day every day for several years

There's only one thing that I can think of that I'd love to do for an hour a day, every day, for several years. Definitely nothing ffxi related.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-02 22:34:26
Link | Citer | R

I've probably farmed multiple RMEAs worth of currency from the intended events (Salvage, revamped Dynamis, Voidwatch) at this point, so I can't really claim that.

However, I'm not so enamored of the idea of having a 7th RMEA dagger, which it looks like I'd never use, that I'd exactly rush to do this. If I ever get to play again, Empy +3 takes priority.

There are a couple of ways they could have made it better:
3. idk, make it stronger
4. Make it a great offhand.

If we're going to mention hopes and dreams for what these could have been, I still stand by my desire that SE could have made non-primary RMEA weapons for each job to much fanfare.

-an Axe for RNG?
-an xbow for THF?
-how 'bout a mace(club) for PLD?
(your comment about "maybe an offhand use" is also great)

your point of "a 7th RMEA dagger I probably wouldn't use" is so accurate. And I don't totally blame SE, because at some point how many unique "legendary" weapon concepts can you truly bring out? Things start to overlap and that diminishes the drive for each individually. But I always wished for those "SAM on Yoichi" or "RDM on Mandau" type moments- sure, they're not the best options....but they provide versatility and new goals to aim for.
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2023-06-03 01:40:11
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
If we're going to mention hopes and dreams for what these could have been, I still stand by my desire that SE could have made non-primary RMEA weapons for each job to much fanfare.

-an Axe for RNG?
-an xbow for THF?

Or a dagger for BRD or COR! Wait…
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2023-06-03 02:06:51
Link | Citer | R

Even just a bell that isn't Dunna...
[+]
By Seun 2023-06-03 02:59:32
Link | Citer | R

I think it would have been great if the RMEA instruments modified the music you heard when playing/singing your songs. If I make a prime horn, I want it to sound like a full marching band...
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-06-03 03:20:42
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »
Even just a bell that isn't Dunna...
SE spent the last 5 years nerfing GEO, theyre not gonna give it anything useful lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-06-03 04:24:14
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Suph said: »
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

-an Axe for RNG?
-an xbow for THF?

Or a dagger for BRD or COR! Wait…

War Hoop+1 for DNC is obviously what we are all missing.

The only axe RNG needed to be on was the one that lets you use Mistral Axe, but another one wouldn't hurt my feelings either.
[+]
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-06-03 05:36:22
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
War Hoop+1 for DNC is obviously what we are all missing.

A Prime Chakram that gave them a desirable new Samba would be pretty sweet. Always baffled me that no new ones were ever added.

Could give DNC an STP Samba that's equivalent to a lucky or 11 Sam Roll but doesn't stack, so there's an alternative to COR on some fights. (Will always be limited by Sambas being applied to the enemy, rather than AoE buffs...)

Though personally I kind of wish they'd leaned into DNC's healing role more, making them a viable offensive alternative to WHM or SCH in some content. Maybe a Prime Chakram that makes Healing Waltz AoE amd increases debuffs removed. While also giving the DNC potent meva/debuff resistance so they can actually stay in fights.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-06-03 06:49:20
Link | Citer | R

Absorb TP samba :)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Vargasfinio
By Ragnarok.Vargasfinio 2023-06-03 06:52:18
Link | Citer | R

Completely stupid question, but for those who have 2 Octahedrites, 5 Psyches and at least 100,000 gallimaufry - have you tried to trade them to the Silver Knife NPC?

I would do it myself but the game is refusing to give me the second Octahedrite.

I still cannot believe the 1M is accurate for Stage 3.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-06-03 07:38:02
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I still cannot believe the 1M is accurate for Stage 3.

It's accurate. This is not a typo.
 Ragnarok.Vargasfinio
By Ragnarok.Vargasfinio 2023-06-03 07:41:47
Link | Citer | R

Well, I guess I'm 13.6% of the way to Stage 3 then.
:(
By SimonSes 2023-06-03 08:07:41
Link | Citer | R

At least we have lots of time to choose what to do first :)
 Asura.Friezakujin
user: Amaksa
By Asura.Friezakujin 2023-06-03 08:18:09
Link | Citer | R

How easily forget old school dyna where it was 18 man alliance 2 hours and a 3 day lockout. The linkshell had to pool all the currency just so 1 linkshell leader and leader's girlfriend could finish a relic weapon then ditch the linkshell. Yes, Sortie isn't perfect but at least everyone in the group get points and items at the same rate. Oh, and the dreaded linkshell point system bullcrap. Sorry, I still have 75 era trauma.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-03 08:25:48
Link | Citer | R

Ya know, it's true, no ones looking at it that way.

6 Months makes 6 weapons. There's no line, there's no drama. The whole party starts and finishes at the same time. Group effort in an mmo. Crazy.
[+]
 Asura.Friezakujin
By Asura.Friezakujin 2023-06-03 08:40:14
Link | Citer | R

Right?!
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-06-03 09:23:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Ya know, it's true, no ones looking at it that way.

6 Months makes 6 weapons. There's no line, there's no drama. The whole party starts and finishes at the same time. Group effort in an mmo. Crazy.

6 phase 3 weapons of negligible value. The only thing really of value, unless there is some fundamental change to Sortie mechanics when using one, is the shield.

Aside from the shield, none of the weapons really have much use until they are at least at phase 4 because the weaponskill is locked out of areas except Sortie and the stats aren't that great. Unless the weaponskills are really good and show promise at phase 4, most of these that are worth using will need to be phase 5, so you are looking at 6 months minimum for one weapon, not six, unless you just want six phase 3 weapons to use in Sortie for some reason.

I also don't think comparing them to relics is really that fair either, relic weapons were pretty game changing and strong during 75 era, they were the best weapons in the game at the time. From what we know of Primes so far, they seem pretty mediocre aside from a few. That system was dumb then and it would be dumb now, but it doesn't really make SEs requirements for completing these 15+ years later reasonable.

I do agree the points systems were dumb and so were the requirements to finish relics then, though. I still hear the word "points" anywhere near FFXI and I get shivers down my spine.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-03 09:24:45
Link | Citer | R

6 months is a completed weapon. For 6 people.
 Asura.Iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-06-03 09:25:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
6 months is a completed weapon.

Oh, I misunderstood, you were referring to a full party making 1 weapon each. My bad, fair enough.
 Asura.Friezakujin
By Asura.Friezakujin 2023-06-03 09:38:43
Link | Citer | R

It would be nice once you get the phase 3 weapon the NMs gave double or triple the galli if you had the weapon equipped as it died. They did say the NMs would react if you had a prime equipped. Either way I only need 690k before my stage 3 staff is finished. So I'm excited. Oh and I see you Iamaman...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7