Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Prime Weapon Feedback Thread
Prime Weapon Feedback Thread
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Tarage 2023-05-31 14:55:05
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Gonna be even better when Stage 5 requires the original weapon to be AG R15'd as an ingredient, kinda like pulse weapons for Ambu.

I don't know why people keep suggesting this stupid idea because it makes no god damn sense. A good chunk of jobs are NOT on relics. Are you seriously suggesting they would be stupid enough to go "hey corsairs, wanna make that gun? Leven ranger first."

SE is stupid, but not THAT stupid.

As for suggestions, let's be honest: There needs to be some form of consumable drop that gives muffins that can be sold. Hell, make it a god damn actual muffin. The biggest point time syncs have ALWAYS been tradable. You wanna fix the disparity between static and staticless? Allow those without statics a means to do other game content and still make progress. The end goal is for people to want to subscribe and play right? Forcing people who don't have a static to solo for YEARS will never accomplish that.
[+]
By Meeble 2023-05-31 15:05:06
Link | Citer | R

When I first saw the 1m muffin requirement I laughed and said "Hell no".

I'm gonna finish up the rest of my XI bucket list and peace out. If there is some untapped demand for this kind of absurd 75's era currency grind, I wish those players the best of luck and I'll leave them to it. Hopefully that's enough sub revenue to keep the lights on.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2023-05-31 15:22:36
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flowen said: »
I think my opinions of the prime weapon creation process specifically could change depending on stage 4 and 5 requirements. It could be that they made stage 3 the longest grind, although I would prefer a shorter grind to test out the stage 3s sooner and then commit to a longer grind for the weapons you really want. We will see on this front, but I dont feel 1M gali + easy to obtain items is too terrible. If stage 4 and 5 are much worse I will have a problem with it.

I agree but it seems like wishful thinking to hope 4 and 5 will require less than 1mil with a 100mil muffin cap.

Anything less than 6 million to fully upgrade to 5 would mean completing all 16 Prime Weapons would cost less than 100 million, in which case why have the cap at all?
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2023-05-31 15:31:30
Link | Citer | R

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Anything less than 6 million to fully upgrade to 5 would mean completing all 16 Prime Weapons would cost less than 100 million, in which case why have the cap at all?
I realize I have a pretty crippling lack of context here, but I saw the before and after cap values and just assumed the second cap was the "we don't expect you to hit this" variety.

You may still be right and these do definitely seem like a grind, but I don't think we can use that second cap as anything other than "the code says we have to have a cap somewhere so let's make it completely ridiculous"
[+]
By Seun 2023-05-31 15:52:02
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
The best point made in this thread was with Primes (as they currently exist) its not which one to make first for my 22 jobs but which one to make at all. 6 months of daily Sortie is quite the boring grind. Doing it multiple times for multiple years for a game that promotes job diversity just sounds awful at face value.

The intent was that many people wouldn't get any of them, much less multiples. You're not supposed to have all your jobs at ML 50 already. People may never get a +2 earring for their favorite job. Why would anyone think the weapons would come easy?

This is just a function of the game winding to a close. Content swings back to taking more time and keeps active players busy. It sucks for people who don't enjoy playing, but that goes without saying. You're not missing out if you spend your time doing something you actually do enjoy.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-05-31 16:14:49
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
Doing it multiple times for multiple years for a game that promotes job diversity just sounds awful at face value.

While I agree that the game promotes job diversity in some ways (3 jobs for Ody, ability to change jobs on the fly, storage slips, etc) I think the opposite argument could also be made (limited WS merits, scenario rewards, mission rewards, limited quest rewards, etc.)

I think the idea that SE wants you to play all 22 jobs on a single character is pretty laughable and only promoted by people who botted 22 jobs to master (or ML50) and want to complain about how they can't be the best at all 22 of them at once. It is my opinion that SE does not intend for people to play all 22 jobs on the same character. If they intended for you to do that, they're terrible at game design because you are ALWAYS gimping yourself on a job by adding a new job. Even with infinite inventory spaces and infinite time to spend getting ML.

A PLD should take enmity+ merits and -enemy crit merits, a DD wants crit merits (and maybe -enmity honestly). You want to 5/5 the merited WS(s) for your job, but if you're playing all of them, you can't merit even half of them. When selecting an adoulin ring, you're not picking the one your other job could use. When you pick a PUP earring from "A Barrel of Laughs", you are restricting your DRG to not have that earring. If you have a Magnetic earring for SIRD/Conserve MP, you will not have Static Earring for MB, or Ethereal Earring for MP conversion. If you have TP bonus moonshade earring, you don't have one with refresh for your mages, and the TVR rings are another example of the same.

This applies to prime weapons as well: the design philosophy comes through once again. You have to choose which job/weapon is most important to your character and which job you want to progress on the most. People are sourpusses about this because they want to have all 22 jobs at ML50 with all their merit categories capped, all the scenario rings, earrings, and every Ultimate weapon in the game, but that's not what SE designed.

If you don't like that and prefer to play a game where you can cap everything out on a single character, go play FFT or something, IDK, that's not this game.

Granted, I still think the # of muffins required is stupid (if predictions are correct and it's more muffins for phase 4/5), but I don't buy the argument of "but SE wants us to play all 22 jobs, how do they expect us to get all 16 weapons in a reasonable amount of time?!" They don't. They never have. When they designed Relic, Mythic, Empyrean, and Aeonic weapons they were not expecting players to get them all, certainly not most players or the average player. If you want to be a hardass who plays outside of their design and goes for everything fine, but don't be surprised when you see repeated examples of how this is swimming against the current.

Imagine for a second when mythics came out if someone said "it's 1,000,000 alexandrite to get all 20 of these weapons! That will take me 20 lifetimes to collect! WTF is SE doing here, expecting us to pick our favorite job and slowly grind out a SINGLE WEAPON over several months?!" They'd be laughed out of the room.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-05-31 16:39:40
Link | Citer | R

In all honesty, Sortie is boring and I never really cared for it. I would say thats a result of their lack of resources but I find even Odyssey to be more enganging and interesting. The new line of weapons are really meh and I have very little desire to pursue them at all, nothing really unique overall or ground breaking... Just really a missed opportunity all around.

I wouldn't mind a long term goal if it was through multiple events that were interesting or at least one of them.. Almost all REMA so far have come from varying events or different angles to tackle them. These come from the most bland event we've had in the longest time and its been discussed as to why in this thread multiple times, but it really is true. I had a hope they would introduce an end game area that would keep people going for a long time like Escha did, we didn't even get that.
[+]
 Asura.Cthaeh
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Cthaeh 2023-05-31 16:48:22
Link | Citer | R

Tarage said: »
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Gonna be even better when Stage 5 requires the original weapon to be AG R15'd as an ingredient, kinda like pulse weapons for Ambu.

I don't know why people keep suggesting this stupid idea because it makes no god damn sense. A good chunk of jobs are NOT on relics. Are you seriously suggesting they would be stupid enough to go "hey corsairs, wanna make that gun? Leven ranger first."

SE is stupid, but not THAT stupid.

As for suggestions, let's be honest: There needs to be some form of consumable drop that gives muffins that can be sold. Hell, make it a god damn actual muffin. The biggest point time syncs have ALWAYS been tradable. You wanna fix the disparity between static and staticless? Allow those without statics a means to do other game content and still make progress. The end goal is for people to want to subscribe and play right? Forcing people who don't have a static to solo for YEARS will never accomplish that.

Haha, I agree with this... But... They DID say, hey COR's want that new ammo for the gun? Sub ranger!
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-05-31 16:55:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cthaeh said: »
Haha, I agree with this... But... They DID say, hey COR's want that new ammo for the gun? Sub ranger!

The picture on wiki also says "Prime bullet" but the dats show Bayeux Bullets with no prime bullets in sight, so...maybe it's just a typo/translation error for "Dispense" or "Recycle"?
By Asura.Jacktheripperr 2023-05-31 17:04:13
Link | Citer | R

Do we expect anything to be hidden on these such as the Double/Triple damage on relics?
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-05-31 17:06:37
Link | Citer | R

The funniest is the bullet is R/E, so maybe that's a whoops if they are dispensed from the Earp, unless they're trying to say with the Prime that particular ammo won't be consumed? Who knows at this point. SE and their love for unstackable R/E arrows/bullets
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-31 17:07:54
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
In all honesty, Sortie is boring
YOUR FACE IS BORING

I dunno, I kinda like Sortie, but after over 8 months of doing it almost every day, of course I kinda got "bored" of it.
I don't think it's a bad event though, especially given the amount of manpower/resources they had in their hands when they created and released this.
[+]
By Foxfire 2023-05-31 17:31:52
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Asura.Cthaeh said: »

The picture on wiki also says "Prime bullet" but the dats show Bayeux Bullets with no prime bullets in sight, so...maybe it's just a typo/translation error for "Dispense" or "Recycle"?
It is not. I posted this on the ranger thread a couple of weeks ago.

Foxfire said: »
shoutout to posi for checking this for me, but the japanese text for the gun is:

D162 隔582 DEX+35 AGI+35
飛命+35 魔命+35 射撃スキル+277
クリティカルヒット+15%
スカベンジ:ベヨーブレット
ジ・エンド
アフターマス:物理ダメージ上限+

fourth line does indeed say scavenge (スカベンジ / sukabenji)
it also says bayeux bullet and not "prime bullet"

oh also second line does say ranged acc and magic acc, if anyone was curious. it's not melee acc.

forcing scavenge to be useful is great and all but again how does this work for cor
are they just ***out of luck or what
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-05-31 17:57:40
Link | Citer | R

you guys kinda convinced to go quit again with how you've all described sortie. I haven't tried it yet. But it sounds like reading compliance and audit reports will be more fun.
[+]
By AegParm 2023-05-31 18:38:34
Link | Citer | R

I think there's a chance, maybe a hope, of it not being more muffins each stage. Relics were a bunch of currency, a bunch of plutons, then a bunch of swart. The high muffin cap may be to help address the armor/weapon using the same currency. Hell it could be trials or RP in the next stage.

Probably not, but a boy can dream.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Braams
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Khronos
By Bahamut.Braams 2023-05-31 19:10:19
Link | Citer | R

So as per the original post:

I think that what has been revealed so far in the Prime Weapon building process is fine. A 1 Million Gallimaufry requirement to take a single Prime Weapon/Shield/Instrument to Stage 3 sounds fair. Logically, if the quote from the Developers was that the full process will take 6 months, I also think that's a fair trade.

Obviously, my opinion here is just that, an opinion... But, I still hold to the idea that an Ultimate Weapon is an investment of time first and foremost, and whatever in-game currencies is required to build it, secondly. So 6 months to 1 year (or more) really isn't asking a lot to me. Anybody who wishes to partake in the process can do so at whatever pace they want, as long as they know what the end goal they are working towards is.

I see some good possibilities in the Prime Weapons regardless of what others have to say about it, and I'm looking forward to making one. I'm a lifer at this point, so the time spent working towards a final stage Prime Weapon is exciting.

Anywho, I said my piece. Y'all have a good one. '-')
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-05-31 19:41:10
Link | Citer | R

AegParm said: »
I think there's a chance, maybe a hope, of it not being more muffins each stage. Relics were a bunch of currency, a bunch of plutons, then a bunch of swart. The high muffin cap may be to help address the armor/weapon using the same currency. Hell it could be trials or RP in the next stage.

Probably not, but a boy can dream.

Watch gonna be 50,000,000 muffins for the final stage.
By drakefs 2023-05-31 20:10:20
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Primex said: »
you guys kinda convinced to go quit again with how you've all described sortie. I haven't tried it yet. But it sounds like reading compliance and audit reports will be more fun.

Sortie isn't bad. If you enjoyed Vagary, you will likely enjoy Sortie. The problem, at least for me, is that I know I now have to run sortie. Every Day. For the next year.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-05-31 20:23:39
Link | Citer | R

drakefs said: »
Ragnarok.Primex said: »

Sortie isn't bad. If you enjoyed Vagary, you will likely enjoy Sortie. The problem, at least for me, is that I know I now have to run sortie. Every Day. For the next year.

Every... Single... Day... With... PUGs.....
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-31 20:47:24
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Starrman 2023-05-31 21:17:39
Link | Citer | R

The whole community now
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-05-31 21:53:30
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2023-05-31 23:30:23
Link | Citer | R

Whelp, I cannot seem to get a funny meme to post as I am failing at the internet \(*^.^*)/
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2023-05-31 23:35:43
Link | Citer | R

Oh and the Bonanza Weapons were far more interesting than the Prime and I would have been much more motivated had they simply made those farmable instead.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2023-06-01 00:31:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Otomis said: »
Whelp, I cannot seem to get a funny meme to post as I am failing at the internet \(*^.^*)/
let me help you with that
"the entire community for the next 6 months"
[+]
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2023-06-01 00:32:46
Link | Citer | R

I would definitely rather have Miracle Cheer and Yagyu Darkblade, and I don't even play NIN. At least the Prime Katana could have some amazing dps potential though, we don't know anything about the WS yet aside from their SC properties.

I am really not a fan of the Prime Flute though. It's definitely amazing for new BRDs that don't wanna farm an Empy and Relic, but it will always be inferior to both. If the new Primes have MASSIVE atk and we can reach atk cap on their WS, then sure, the 5% PDL song would be nice, but f*ck, only 5%? Idk, I'm not saying I am uninterested in making it, but with the 6 month time gate, it's not ever going to be a priority and I will pick every other decent prime before it.

Without knowing if the WS are good or not, I'm pretty much looking at the safe bets. Staff for SMN/BLM is amazing and BiS in some scenarios, and the Shield for PLD is BiS if you aren't taking solely magic dmg. Those are the two I will likely make first unless the melee/ranges one are just phenomenal WSs.

Really excited to see what the top end groups find out with the stage 3 weapons when they reach 1mil. My group is generally doing about 42k or so a run and slowly improving times, so we will have a little bit of time to see the new weapons before we reach 1mil.
By Felgarr 2023-06-01 02:19:14
Link | Citer | R

I think the Mog Bonanza Prize Rank 1 weapons and Prime Weapons should be completely swapped. You keep the models the same. (In the case of Beastmaster, please merge them into a single Axe).
[+]
By Vaerix 2023-06-01 02:25:38
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »
I would definitely rather have Miracle Cheer and Yagyu Darkblade, and I don't even play NIN. At least the Prime Katana could have some amazing dps potential though, we don't know anything about the WS yet aside from their SC properties.

I am really not a fan of the Prime Flute though. It's definitely amazing for new BRDs that don't wanna farm an Empy and Relic, but it will always be inferior to both. If the new Primes have MASSIVE atk and we can reach atk cap on their WS, then sure, the 5% PDL song would be nice, but f*ck, only 5%? Idk, I'm not saying I am uninterested in making it, but with the 6 month time gate, it's not ever going to be a priority and I will pick every other decent prime before it.

Without knowing if the WS are good or not, I'm pretty much looking at the safe bets. Staff for SMN/BLM is amazing and BiS in some scenarios, and the Shield for PLD is BiS if you aren't taking solely magic dmg. Those are the two I will likely make first unless the melee/ranges one are just phenomenal WSs.

Really excited to see what the top end groups find out with the stage 3 weapons when they reach 1mil. My group is generally doing about 42k or so a run and slowly improving times, so we will have a little bit of time to see the new weapons before we reach 1mil.

So I don't think the new song is what makes the new flute worth making, hot take I know.

What makes the new flute amazing is in a dispel heavy meta, cast 4 songs get 4 buffs, tank constantly getting dispelled having a macro to put up 4 songs means that tank getting dispelled after 2 songs still has 2 full power songs coming at max potency.

DD dies and needs songs, when you resting the party the formerly dead member immediately gets all 4 songs instead of prepping them with 2 songs and dummies or forgetting to do that and doing dummies after the fact.

Just the quality of life to be able to sing songs at max potency for all 4 songs is an incredibly powerful use case. Is this going to be "Mandatory"? Imho, by no means. Will it be a difference that can be seen and felt? 100% for any bard that contributes more than following along and singing.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-06-01 03:09:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's just sortie is the problem. It's dumb, it's really obnoxious content. Just like vagary was, but so much worse.

How is Sortie a problem. Its one of the best if not the best repetitive event we got so far.

- Can be done with various setups including many DD jobs and nuke strategy. Nuke strategy is currently the most effective, but optimized melee setup can probably get up to 50k Galli too, which isn't "good enough" if you don't like mage setup or simply want to change things. Next stages of Prime can probably only help here. Problem for melee setup is still Aminon, but maybe this will change too.
- Has various different things to do like skillchains, magic bursts, time kills, boss fights, crowd control. Literally most of FFXI can offer in one package. Because of that its not boring.

I kinda think your definition of obnoxious is
- cant be easily botted
- cant be easily multiboxed (running, teleporting, positioning)

The only bad thing about Sortie is not being able to store at least one KI on player like for Odyssey.

EDIT: Ofc Im talking about event itself. Doing Sortie 300 times each day can still be really boring (luckily for me I have people from my static and if I get tired of event I still have fun talking with them) and same currency for Prime and Empy+3 is a *** joke.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7