It has to be one of the private servers
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2023-01-18 07:36:03
Link | Citer | R

Well well well... how convenient. So, now the real question is, how much is ninja paying you to cover up for horizon, rooks?!
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-18 08:09:59
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
Well well well... how convenient. So, now the real question is, how much is ninja paying you to cover up for horizon, rooks?!

Whether the problem came from them or not, nobody knows.

That does not change the fact their launcher is unsafe, they don't really know what they're doing and they are running an illegal private server though.

If these people setup a XIV private server a lot of people on here that have no problem with the xi private server existing would be outraged, and I can 100% guarantee you of that.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Trixi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2023-01-18 08:11:46
Link | Citer | R

Both LastPass and KeyPass allow you to have blank/null passwords, so some people just may use it as a glorified spreadsheet.
Administrator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2023-01-18 17:54:18
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
He's not, but my PMs are open
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-01-18 18:11:27
Link | Citer | R

Fair
By RadialArcana 2023-01-18 18:25:36
Link | Citer | R

I feel sorry for Ninja a bit, he loves the game and can't get what he wants. Horizon are making a complete pigs ear out of it.

He went on Jimmy Kimmel a while ago and was talking about ff11 lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2023-01-18 19:01:47
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
I feel sorry for Ninja a bit, he loves the game and can't get what he wants. Horizon are making a complete pigs ear out of it.

You sure he isn't getting what he wants out of this? He has been online every day for many hours. He'll actually talk to ya if you send him a /tell. He shouts to sell stuff from time to time. He's been on others streams doing CoP missions. Kinda seems like he is enjoying it.

As are 4000 people on a nightly basis. If they can iron out these random disconnections that occur during primetime, I'm not sure many people would have anything to complain about.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-18 19:27:07
Link | Citer | R

If he loves XI as much as I do (which he seems to) I think he is probably putting up with it, it's not good and if you play on it you know why.

The black screen issues, the unable to login problems (i doubt he has these two since he is paying), the music changes suck and make no sense at all, the forced modded faces are god awful.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2023-01-18 20:12:04
Link | Citer | R

They've played through so many jankier servers that this one seems a cut above the rest.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2023-01-19 07:04:58
Link | Citer | R

it's not good and if you play on it you know why.

I did mention black screens and disconnects are pretty lame, but you also don't have to fight POL to log back in. You just click X, wait 2 minutes for your character to DC, then log back in.

And I do play it. I also have my retail dudes logged in at the same time. I'm having a billion times more fun on Horizon. Music? Turn it off. I don't play retail with music either. Character face mods? Brev, I've got a new hair color I'm living out my Old Man Belkin fanfic. If you are getting hung up on eyes, I'm not sure we are ever going to be on the same page on this. We simply care about different stuff.

Have you tried it or what's with the crusade? If it cost money I'd be more inclined to say you have some points, but it's literally free and the most fun I've had in years. I was tired of the Sheol C, Sheol Gaol, and Sortie gauntlet on a daily basis.
By Dodik 2023-01-19 07:33:45
Link | Citer | R

Isn't this just a repeat of Nasomi and all the other "best" ffxi era private servers?

Where's Nasomi now? Oh right..

Eventually the novelty wears off, server admins make one too many unpopular changes and end up abusing their authority (spoiler, they all do), players leave and server dies. Not necessarily in that order.

Repeat ad infinitum with another private server to replace that one and here we go again.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-01-19 07:38:06
Link | Citer | R

I think this thread needs change of direction. Like for example.. which race for 75 cap for job like DRK? Galka has best stats distribution, but *** that MP. Elvaan is slightly better with MP, but also is king of misses and lowest INT. Mithra has accuracy and maybe crit rate, but low STR. Taru has crazy MP, but that HP and STR sucks. Balanced hume then?
[+]
By Dodik 2023-01-19 07:39:26
Link | Citer | R

Everyone knows Elvaan is the best race for that sweet str once you cap your merits.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-01-19 08:38:26
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »
Everyone knows Elvaan is the best race for that sweet str once you cap your merits.

I heard they changed Absorbs on Horizon to be better and worth casting even without buffs/gear, so MP might be more important there.
 Asura.Iamaman
Serveur: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-01-19 08:59:04
Link | Citer | R

I'm not trying to come to Horizon's defense here, but really curious, have any of the other private servers ever had 4-6k players online in the first few months of release?

The black screen issues, the unable to login problems (i doubt he has these two since he is paying), the music changes suck and make no sense at all, the forced modded faces are god awful.

Retail has plenty of bugs and problems too, including black screens and issues with POL, along with instanced zone lag. We put up with a lot of poor design choices and bugs with retail, too. "Ah I crashed" has become something I hear with some frequency on Discord doing content. I can't count the number of times I've been in Sheol C with sets that weren't loading properly, mobs that were warping across the map, JAs/spells that just flat didn't go off, etc.

Over time it becomes kinda easy to just start overlooking these things and they become part of the flow of playing the game, but they are still bugs and design issues that are prevalent in retail.
By SimonSes 2023-01-19 09:02:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamaman said: »
I'm not trying to come to Horizon's defense here, but really curious, have any of the other private servers ever had 4-6k players online in the first few months of release?

Retail has plenty of bugs and problems too, including black screens and issues with POL, along with instanced zone lag. We put up with a lot of poor design choices and bugs with retail, too. "Ah I crashed" has become something I hear with some frequency on Discord doing content. I can't count the number of times I've been in Sheol C with sets that weren't loading properly, mobs that were warping across the map, JAs/spells that just flat didn't go off, etc.

Over time it becomes kinda easy to just start overlooking these things and they become part of the flow of playing the game, but they are still bugs and design issues that are prevalent in retail.

This discussion has no sense really. Drop it. Some people hate the concept whatever how successful it is. Lets just talk about which race to choose and why :D
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-01-19 09:14:56
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Lets just talk about which race to choose and why :D

Obviously Mithra. We ARE the master race after all.

[+]
By SimonSes 2023-01-19 09:29:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Melliny said: »
Quote:

Interesting thing about Mithra I always felt like it has great WS animations, but when I watched old WSs lately it felt meh. Especially h2h looks like she is touching enemies instead of striking them (beside Asuran). Kinda the same for Dagger. Merit WS animations are great on Mithra tho, especially Stardiver.
By Dodik 2023-01-19 09:32:54
Link | Citer | R

One thing is for sure.

Melee Tarus are the worst and require race changing addons.
By RadialArcana 2023-01-19 10:16:42
Link | Citer | R

No and you still don't have one that has that many players, I love how so many people will just accept anything without question these days. Even when it goes against common sense since the number has not dropped in a month. Nor will it next month either, cause they need those high player numbers to keep ninja invested. At best it has 2k.

Quote:

No it doesn't. The crashes are usually caused by addons, or other things and not the game itself. The only thing people can point at was the crash in sandy, which was fixed in 4 days.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-01-19 10:23:13
Link | Citer | R

No and you still don't have one that has that many players, I love how so many people will just accept anything without question these days. Even when it goes against common sense since the number has not dropped in a month. Nor will it next month either, cause they need those high player numbers to keep ninja invested. At best it has 2k.

Tbf I was watching someone stream while the login server was down, which from what I've seen is quite regular, and there were 700 online when they did a /sea all on stream. This was at lunch time GMT and they were also saying they were having problems getting a full party together at lower levels probably a lot being afk.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2023-01-19 10:36:09
Link | Citer | R

Gravity bug with RDM Empyrean Body.

RNG Empyrean was just BRD stylelock for a while or vice versa, whatever it was. (Since you care about cosmetics)

Literal debilitating accidental WS wall left in the game for how long.

There was a time not so long ago where they couldn't even properly implement Ambu TP move names on monthly switches. And no that wasn't just a battlemod thing.

Remember when you could just dupe things on Aurix? :)

You can list a thing practically every patch.

In regards to the server population thing, when it's early morning EST, the amount of people on is 1400. If they were trying to inflate numbers wouldn't they just leave it at 3-4k at all times? The number steadily rises throughout the day until PST primetime. Every zone you go to is packed to capacity with people doing anything and everything. The shouts and yells for anything and everything are beyond Asura level.

Why would they inflate numbers? This is as genuine as an experience as I can recall. Even if there were a mysterious 2k dummy accounts logged in, it sure the hell doesn't feel like it and they don't matter anyway because the other people playing make it seem like Grand Central Station.

I hate sounding like a shill, but all your points are like...I don't know, like you've got a personal vendetta. Maybe I missed it in earlier ramblings but why are you on a warpath about this? Have you even tried it? I love retail more than almost anybody, but I also really enjoy this. Why can't you like both of these things simultaneously.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-01-19 10:42:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Melliny said: »
Quote:

*Blocks you with an Altepa weighted door*

Should've been a Galka~

Should've learn to rope and ride~

Wearin' my Annihilator~

Ridin' my Choco on a cattle drive~

Stealin' young Cornelia's heart

Just like Raogrimm~

Singin' those Goblin fire songs~

Oh I should've been a Galka~
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-19 11:14:34
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Gravity bug with RDM Empyrean Body.

RNG Empyrean was just BRD stylelock for a while or vice versa, whatever it was. (Since you care about cosmetics)

Literal debilitating accidental WS wall left in the game for how long.

There was a time not so long ago where they couldn't even properly implement Ambu TP mo............

You're talking about development bugs on new content additions, I'm talking about the people running it not knowing what they are doing on a server level. They just downloaded all this stuff from a repo, same as all the others did and barely did anything with it. Notice I didn't mention the sliding worms, broken fishing rods, broken NM spawns, countless bugs the admins on the server take advantage of before patching or the everyone fall of the boat bugs and instead mentioned server problems like constant black screens, constant maintenance, unable to login etc?

I come here and similar places to post about and talk about XI. If I'm going to be forced to read about a private server, I'm going to give my opinion on it. Which won't be very nice, because people shining rainbows out its butt is lies and you need an alternate viewpoint if you do that. Otherwise it's uncontested shilling.

I don't know why it's brought up here at all honestly, they setup a perfectly good discord. Everyone can be in their own lanes and be happy.

Horizon is not a friendly entity, it's direct competition and it's bs it's brought up here at all honestly (outside of random thoughts or w/e) We already struggle to keep SE running and updating the game at the level they do, now we gotta deal with these chuklefks.

Quote:
Why would they inflate numbers?

Because Ninja is worth hundreds of millions of dollars and wants a popular server, the only singular person that matters on that server is him because he is paying money and everyone else isn't. Everyone else is just there for his amusement, when he loses interest that server will go byebye and if anyone thinks otherwise they are delusional to the fact people like money.

That's why I say they pad the numbers and they never seem to drop, a month or two months later.

When people have the ability to do something (they do) and a financial incentive (they do) to do it, they often do it.
[+]
 Asura.Toeknee
user: Darksyn
By Asura.Toeknee 2023-01-19 11:19:30
Link | Citer | R

You don't even play on Horizon so all your info is parroted from others, similar to how you've been frustrated people are parroting retails flaws without actually playing it.

Anyway, Elvaan has the best melee animations and Taru has the best casting animations. Who's looking at stats?!
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-19 11:25:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toeknee said: »
You don't even play on Horizon so all your info is parroted from others

Notice you didn't deny anything I said.

Ultimately I don't care about it, if we keep them separate both sides will have no reason to complain at each other about it.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2023-01-19 11:25:55
Link | Citer | R

If you can't at least appreciate a good taru waddle as they walk, I don't even know what to think about you as a human being.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-01-19 11:31:00
Link | Citer | R

Horizon is not a friendly entity, it's direct competition and it's bs it's brought up here at all honestly (outside of random thoughts or w/e) We already struggle to keep SE running and updating the game at the level they do, now we gotta deal with these chuklefks.

tldr; radial and draylo are threatened on a personal level because they think horizon is going to kill retail

it can't simultaneously be so bad it's unplayable and a threat to SE, so which is it..?
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-19 11:33:31
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »

tldr; radial and draylo are threatened on a personal level because they think horizon is going to kill retail

it can't simultaneously be so bad it's unplayable and a threat to SE, so which is it..?

It's disrespectful to bring it up here (especially when the intent is shilling), just as it was when people did it with ff14 or anything else.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2023-01-19 12:19:28
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
We already struggle to keep SE running and updating the game at the level they do, now we gotta deal with these chuklefks.

I mean, I'm giving SE $100 a month. Are you even subbed? :)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7