Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-01-10 06:09:12
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
If we gotta fight shadowlord again for the millionth time I'm gonna lose it. When this dude gonna stay dead?
lol hush you.
It's actually a decent send off.
*** how many times we gonna have to send this dude off??? Next we gonna fight zombie shadowlord this time we gonna dig him up just to fight him.
I know you're mostly taking the piss here but it's already established Dynamis Lord cannot die as that half of his soul is trapped in Dynamis.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-10 07:15:09
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Current Known Issue (Jan. 10)

We have confirmed the following issue. We are currently investigating and ask for your patience as we work to resolve the issue.

[Confirmed Issue]

-Moving to the following areas may cause the client to crash.

Southern San d’Oria/Northern San d’Oria

*Please refrain from moving to the affected areas until the issue is resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-01-10 08:05:49
Link | Citer | R

If we gotta fight shadowlord again for the millionth time I'm gonna lose it. When this dude gonna stay dead?
lol hush you.
*** how many times we gonna have to send this dude off??? Next we gonna fight zombie shadowlord this time we gonna dig him up just to fight him.
I know you're mostly taking the piss here but it's already established Dynamis Lord cannot die as that half of his soul is trapped in Dynamis.
Yes I know but let him stay in there and be lonely!
By RadialArcana 2023-01-10 08:38:04
Link | Citer | R

Shadow lord is basically the Darth Vader of XI, and you can't tell the story of the Emperor without Darth Vader being involved.
By Schwertzauberer 2023-01-10 08:59:13
Link | Citer | R

Is there a place where the date/time of version updates are announced besides in-game system messages? It seems that the official announcements these days only say "Sometime in early [month]" This one kinda snuck up on me for some reason. Maybe it's just sleep deprivation...
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2023-01-10 09:01:08
Link | Citer | R

I thought they were realising path 3 of the primes this month
 Bahamut.Archdiocesan
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Archdiocesan 2023-01-10 09:30:50
Link | Citer | R

Schwertzauberer said: »
Is there a place where the date/time of version updates are announced besides in-game system messages? It seems that the official announcements these days only say "Sometime in early [month]" This one kinda snuck up on me for some reason. Maybe it's just sleep deprivation...

Yes, right here:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

:^)
By RadialArcana 2023-01-10 09:31:58
Link | Citer | R

They stated on the 4th it would happen on the 10th, also login campaigns give the date of the patch.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-01-10 09:51:00
Link | Citer | R

You can also use the adventurer campaign dates as a bit of a guide when it would be. Also patches are generally Monday or Tuesday nights.
 Odin.Danial
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Danial 2023-01-10 09:59:44
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Getting 75 is not the same as getting ML50.
Equivalent to 75 would be getting mastered job maybe and that can be done super fast and it's super chill too. Also on retail you can level efficiently with few minutes preparation and even do few minutes session if you feel like it or only have short time windows for it during a day. At 75 efficient leveling was completely dependent on 5 other people willing to exp with you and gathering for it sometimes for 30-60 minutes (not counting being LFG, just travel to camp). Then you needed to spend at least 1h+ there, because it was such a waste otherwise and felt like lost opportunity. Wasn't and isn't chill at all.

Ya this, people don't remember well, but getting 75 back in the day took months. I remember even 6 months to a year in of playing and seeing a level 75 char was a rarity, you knew they were JP and you knew they had no life. You could spend an entire day trying to level and sometimes you would come out with less exp than you started. Limit breaks, artifact, making money, all of these was insane. Some AF quests required 6+ people to even attempt.
By Hopalong 2023-01-10 10:35:58
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I'm curious how they will keep it interesting from here.

Great observation. Just my opinion (I know a lot of yall like it all good) is that VR is super boring and unnecessary. Who wants to see the same cutscenes in the same areas with the same npcs with just different dialogue over and over. VR is just rhapsodies v2. And rhapsodies was just all the other expansion missions rehash. All those npcs should have taken a ship to a new land and the story took place there.
By Hopalong 2023-01-10 10:42:29
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Ya this, people don't remember well, but getting 75 back in the day took months. I remember even 6 months to a year in of playing and seeing a level 75 char was a rarity

Yep, after a couple of years I started realizing that on average I had 1 75 a year, Maybe 3 over 2 years.

Thats why I think everyone should relax and start putting looking for group flags back up and realize mastery levels are just putting in place the underpinnings of what made ffxi great back then.

Its a good idea really if the playerbase would treat it like we did then rather than now youtube/twitch efficiency and static only or gtfo. Hell, Id love to lfg inv jp players like I used to. Had to man up and play well over hours but the rewards were great (halfway to 73!).
[+]
By Agrestic 2023-01-10 10:47:31
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-10 11:39:03
Link | Citer | R

Hopalong said: »
Great observation. Just my opinion (I know a lot of yall like it all good) is that VR is super boring and unnecessary.

New story for XI is always the foundation anything else is laid upon.
By Rips 2023-01-10 12:05:06
Link | Citer | R

The Shadow Lord thinks he's Voldermort.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-01-10 12:57:53
Link | Citer | R

After completing the final cutscene for Voracious 10-4, I was stuck in a black screen and unable to perform any actions. I was not zoned out to Xarcabard nor did I receive my reward. I force closed the game and tried again, having to watch the final cutscene again. Same problem. Rebooting the game completely Vanilla fixed the issue. I do not use any HD mod packs, FastCS, or Enternity. No idea what could have been causing the problem, but you may want to consider doing this mission without any addons.
By Agrestic 2023-01-10 13:27:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hya said: »
After completing the final cutscene for Voracious 10-4, I was stuck in a black screen and unable to perform any actions. I was not zoned out to Xarcabard nor did I receive my reward. I force closed the game and tried again, having to watch the final cutscene again. Same problem. Rebooting the game completely Vanilla fixed the issue. I do not use any HD mod packs, FastCS, or Enternity. No idea what could have been causing the problem, but you may want to consider doing this mission without any addons.
This is an infrequent bug that happens for a few cutscenes throughout the game. Historically people get past it by locking FPS to 30, or as mentioned by relaunching the game without windower at all.
By Hopalong 2023-01-10 14:05:50
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
New story for XI is always the foundation anything else is laid upon.

Not sure I agree with that in this case. I'd say the foundation they laid it on was intent to fill up space and time using old setting at minimal cost and the story was made up as they went along that path.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-01-10 15:33:15
Link | Citer | R

So apparently we got a brand new cap in the update .dats. I was curious to see what that new paddle listed in the new items section looked like. Turns out it's the same model from last few years. But this thing is new. Seeing this thing reminds me of an old dancer that used to play on Asura a few years back named Cabbit. I could just picture him wearing this thing everywhere.

Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-01-10 15:35:35
Link | Citer | R

I'm guessing you havent looked at the login campaign items, have you?

Its literally the first item of the POL News on ffxiah main page. How could you possibly have been missing that??
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-01-10 15:36:41
Link | Citer | R

Nope. Haven't had time to look through them. If it's just a new login item I definately need to get it for lock style. Its pretty cool.

Edit: Guess I just missed the picture then.
 Phoenix.Chimax
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Chimax
By Phoenix.Chimax 2023-01-10 16:09:51
Link | Citer | R

Myself and a friend both DC'd in south sandy near HP4. Now everytime we log in we DC again instantly. I brought my second character to the area to see if it would happen to him. It did not. However as I sit here i've watched it happen to other people. There are several people here now who just log in, crash, log in, crash on a loop. Is anyone else experiencing this after the Jan 10th update?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-01-10 16:11:21
Link | Citer | R

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news26893.shtml

Quote:
We have confirmed the following issue. We are currently investigating and ask for your patience as we work to resolve the issue.

[Confirmed Issue]

Southern San d’Oria/Northern San d’Oria

*Please refrain from moving to the affected areas until the issue is resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.
[+]
 Phoenix.Chimax
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Chimax
By Phoenix.Chimax 2023-01-10 16:15:54
Link | Citer | R

Thank you !!!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-10 16:17:40
Link | Citer | R

It is ridiculous that still isn't fixed.

They just *** off and said oh well, half the city is broken, *shrug*.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2023-01-10 16:44:10
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Bruno
Serveur: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2023-01-10 17:20:51
Link | Citer | R

lol hush you.

putting Shadow Lord down for the 10th time:

[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-10 18:00:31
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Chimax said: »
Myself and a friend both DC'd in south sandy near HP4. Now everytime we log in we DC again instantly. I brought my second character to the area to see if it would happen to him. It did not. However as I sit here i've watched it happen to other people. There are several people here now who just log in, crash, log in, crash on a loop. Is anyone else experiencing this after the Jan 10th update?

This must be linked to mission progress or something.

Have you been doing the new VR missions?